Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Carmelyn > Sacrum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3, 2009, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Sometimes Who You Know, Not What You Know (Carnasch, Dante)

15th of Junctior, Autumn, Era XV

Autumn was getting into full swing, and the last remnants of summer were getting harder and harder to find. Niven liked this season the best. The pretty colours on the trees and crisp air agreed with her and she relished in it. While the air grew colder Niven was warming up to Diana. The capital city had more to offer than she had expected and she was enjoying her time here. Her ever growing puppy, Juno, was enjoying the city too, and he trotted happily by her side as she walked around, going no where in particular.

The streets were particularly crowded today, though Niven could think of no good reason why. Perhaps the citizens of the Holy City were taking advantage of one of the last warm days before the cold winter was upon them. Niven couldn't blame them as she was doing the exact same thing. It wouldn't be long before they were all forced inside.

Scanning the crowds with her green eyes as she walked, Niven spotted a man literally head and shoulders above the crowd. As she moved closer, she realized that the man was none other than her friend, Carnasch. Navigating towards him through the crowds, Niven called out to her friend, "Carnasch!" She hoped he'd hear her above the din of the city.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3, 2009, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

Fate was odd sometimes, if one believed in fate. Dante didn't, but he did seem to have very odd coincidences occur around him on an almost regular basis. Of course he rarely recognized them until after they had already occurred and sometimes he didn't notice them at all, but this one...

Dante had just arrived back in the great city of Diana this candlemark. He was hoping to hunt down his good friend Carnasch and with any luck Jade and Auer as well. He needed a hunting party and those three were the most formidable individuals that he had ever come across and still trusted to varying degrees. As he made his way down the main thoroughfare with his young giant spider companion, Meeko, close on his heels he saw the unmistakable bulk of the gigantic form known as Carnasch. Dante had seen, perhaps a handful of humans taller than this man as well as one or two that were wider in the shoulders, but none of them that were that tall and that wide in the shoulders. It was a good thing for Telath that Carnasch was such a good oriented soul for if he joined with evil, the world would have a powerful enemy indeed. Just as Dante was about to call out to his enormous friend he heard a much more pleasant sounding voice beat him to it.

Quote:
"Carnasch"
Dante turned to see if he could pin point the source of the voice, after all in spite of their melodic tone, they could mean trouble for his friend and that was something Dante could not allow. The owner of said voice was an attractive Silrosian elf She was about 8 inches shorter than Dante with blond hair and a red elven dress. Dante wasn't sure if she could be trouble, but hey just because she was pretty didn't mean she wasn't dangerous. Jade, Auer, and Pernia had taught him that much. Therefore he waited to see the exchange between the two. He started carrying his auto-crossbow in his arms instead of slung over his back in case violence was going to be called for.

Dante Asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3, 2009, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch is a famous HeroCarnasch is a famous Hero
Carnasch had arrived in Diana finally, after his extended 'vacationing' in the surrounding forests and hills, as well as the mountains of Vortex once again. He enjoyed the colder climates far more than other regions such as Arakmat or Sheria, because he had grown up north of Jaedaxia, and it was always cold there.

He found the coming autumn pleasantly cool, and was dressed the same as always, with his fur cloak and leather cuirass, as well as his kilt, pants, boots and other armors that he had bought. Over his right shoulder extended a short bow and a bristle of thick arrows. Beneath his cloak were a number of belts with various weapons attached. The most formidable was his axe, called Deliverance, but there was also a pair of short swords and a long curved dagger. Niven had one just like it, unless she had sold it.

Carnasch was in the city with Gus following, and poor Gus looked to be in need of a bath. So did Carnasch for that matter, but neither seemed to care as they strode down the street. The two were making good time through the gap that alwasys seemed to permiate around him when he was in a croud, when he heard a familiar voice call, "Carnasch!". The voice didnt seem threatening, and he turned toward it.

It was Niven! She and her pup Juno looked much the same as when he had left them here a few cycles ago, but that was alright since she was very beautiful and it would be a sad brightening when that changed. Carnasch called out, "Serale Niven!" In a voice that boomed out over the crouded streets chatter and he redirected to meet her.

When he reached her he scooped her up into a big hug that was probably crushing her even though he wasnt sqeezing and said, "How have you been you little rogue you?"

"I am a man in body and a beast in mind. I cannot coexist with either court of man or animal."
Carnasch is sometimes accompanied by his horse Gus, which will be specifically stated at the beginning of each thread.
Carnasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2009, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

In a flash of red skirts, the elf was up off the ground. Engulfed in the giant arms, Niven giggled as she hugged him back. When Carnasch put her down, she was grinning from pointy ear to pointy ear. "I've been fantastic! How have you been?" Stepping back to take in the full sight to the Vagaran, she gave him a wry smile. He looked more menacing than ever. The dagger, the axe, the short swords, and most surprisingly to her, a bow and arrows. Raising her eyebrow, she asked, "Found another hobby, have we?" Niven winked at him and turned to the pathetic looking Gus. "Hi Gus!" She said reaching up to pat the horse. He nickered and she laughed. Juno barked happily at her feet in all the excitement, determined not to be left out.

"I'm surprised I haven't seen you in the city yet." Niven said, turning back to Carnasch. "Have you been away?" She asked. "You both look awful! Been getting into more trouble?" An amused smile formed on her pale pink lips.

CIR | SoF

Old March 4, 2009, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch was grinning as well when he put Niven down and he said, "Have you been eating enough? I swear youve gotten lighter."

"I've been fantastic! How have you been?"

"Ive been great! Gus and I took a little 'Vacation' on the way back here." His fingers made quotations in the air at the word vacation. His idea of a vacation was staying out of the cities for as long as possible before his duties required him to return. He had spent almost the whole of the last cycle in the forests.

"Found another hobby, have we?"

Carnasch peeked over his shoulder at the bow on his back and with a shrug and feigned disinterest said, "What? That old thing?" but after a moment he said, "Well I couldnt let you have all the fun now could I?! If you had your way, anyone who came after us would be dead before I would get a chance to pull my axe out. Now does that seem fair to you?"

"You both look awful! Been getting into more trouble?"

Carnasch just shrugged and said, "No more than usual I suppose." But his slightly evil grin spoke otherwise, and the tattoo clearly visible on his cheek and neck only made his face even more devilish.

"I am a man in body and a beast in mind. I cannot coexist with either court of man or animal."
Carnasch is sometimes accompanied by his horse Gus, which will be specifically stated at the beginning of each thread.
Old March 4, 2009, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

Their meeting definitely wasn't one of hostility. It amused the dracon to see his large Vagran friend to be acting so friendly towards another sentient creature. At best Carnasch usually came off as argumentative.

Dante slung his auto-crossbow back on his shoulder and headed towards the pair. "Carnasch!" he hollered out above the noise of the crowd. He gave the man plenty of notice before approaching, not wanting to be the victim of a hostile reflex action. Meeko was right on his heels hiding behind his robes, occasionally sneaking a peek at the pretty elf girl and her dog.

Dante gave a low bow to the elven girl, "Excuse my rudeness my lady. I am Dante and this young lady is Meeko. She is a little shy."

Old March 4, 2009, 07:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

At Carnasch's comment about her archery skills, Niven blushed a little, but smiled back. "Well, that's not exactly fair! I have to be useful for something in a fight!" She pretended to pout, but it didn't last for more than a few seconds before it turned into a smile. Carnasch's mischievous grin in response to her last question made Niven laugh. "I thought as much! What have you been up to?" She asked her friend.

But before Carnasch had a chance to respond, Carnasch's name was called again and Niven turned to see who else might have recognised the Vagaran. Before her stood a dracon, and it surprised Niven even further when he introduced himself.

"I am Dante...."

"Dante? Dante Asunder?" Niven asked, incredulously. "Wow, I can't believe it! I am most pleased to meet you!" Niven extended her smooth hand towards the dracon. She nodded to the spider as well, "Meeka, it's a pleasure to meet you as well," She said, smiling at the small creature.
She stood looking at the pair for a moment and then it dawned on Niven what everyone was waiting for. "Oh! So sorry, I'm Niven Soleil," she said, embarassed. "And this is my dog, Juno." Niven guestured to the pup at her feet. She looked at Dante with such wonder. She couldn't believe her luck, that she was meeting such an important person.

CIR | SoF

Old March 4, 2009, 07:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch was just about finish proclaiming his innocence when his name was called again. This time he recognized the voice right away, since he heard it so much more often than his friend Niven's. He turned a bit to see Dante coming to them with Meeko hiding behind his robes.

Carnasch made sure to pet Juno as Dante introduced himself, and even managed to give the spider a genlte rub on her abdomen. He stood back to his full height as Niven was introducing herself to Dante, and just said, "Who's up for some food? Gus is starving."

Old March 4, 2009, 09:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante gently took the elf maiden's proffered hand laid a careful kiss on the back of it. Dante was surprised that she knew his name, but then perhaps Carnasch had mentioned him to her already. "No I assure you that the pleasure is mine Lady Soliel." Dante extended the back of his claw to Juno and let the dog give him permission before scratching him affectionately behind the ears. "I tell you Meeko it seems almost every pretty girl I know has a pet dog. It must be a fashion statement of somekind." He gave Niven a sly half grin, hoping she caught the compliment.

Then turning to Carnasch, "Carnasch you didn't tell me you had such charming friends! All this time I thought your classiest friend was Gus." Dante gave the big Vagran a toothy grin as part of his jest.

When Meeko started tugging on his robe, he bent down and picked her up. She was about the size of a medium dog, so was a little bulky, but Dante doted on her as if she was his own daughter. "Say Serale Meeko." Meeko hurriedly spun a web holding it up for the others to see,
 'S E R A L E
N I V E N A N D J U N O'

At Carnasch's question Dante looked up at the big man, "Food sounds good to me, my treat."

Last edited by Dante Asunder; March 4, 2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old March 4, 2009, 10:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Blushing at the charm of the dracon, Niven bit her lip as she smiled back at Dante when he kissed her hand and paid her the compliment. "Actually, I bought Juno for hunting purposes. He's a cross between an Aelyrian Hunter and the Sylrosian Tracker. I'm working with him, but it's a slow process." She told Dante. She laughed at Dante's joke to Carnasch. "Aw, I'm sure that couldn't be true," Niven said, bumping Carnasch with her shoulder playfully.

As Meeko wove and displayed her hello, Niven looked at her in wonder. 'That's impressive,' she thought to herself. Meeko looked like she'd be an excellent companion.

At the mention of food, Niven perked up. "I'd love some food! Food sounds wonderful." When Dante offered to treat, Niven looked at him and smiled. "That's very nice of you, Dante, thank you." She looked at Gus. "We'll have to find a place where Gus can get something too." She said patting Carnasch's companion affectionately. Juno barked. Niven knelt down before her dog and scratched him behind his ears with both her hands. "Yes, and you too," She said in a baby voice to him. Niven gave the pup a final pat and stood up looking back and forth between the two men. "Shall we?" She asked the two gentlemen.

CIR | SoF

Last edited by Niven; March 4, 2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old March 5, 2009, 01:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Hero

At Dante's quip about his mount, Carnasch looked at Gus and said, "Whats wrong with Gus?" but Dante was save from answering when Niven pipped up about food, and Carnasch's stomach rumbled audibly. So did Gus's, it seemed they hadnt eaten yet that brightening.

They began walking, at least Gus and Carnasch did, as they both new a place where both Carnasch and Gus could eat, having made a note of finding such places where ever they went. As they walked, unless Dante and Niven made conversation, Carnasch began telling Gus that he needed a bath and that he was beginning to stink, although the same could be said for Carnasch. He wasnt being mean in saying it, because he didnt really care and knew his own condition, but he just talked to Gus a lot, and unless someone else was talking to him he tended to talk to Gus out of habit.

Old March 5, 2009, 12:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante nodded. "That's settled then. Shall we?" Dante offered his arm to the elf Niven seeing as how Carnasch had started off and was currently conversing with Gus. Dante worried about that fellow sometimes, he spent far too much time around the horse if he was speaking with him out of hand. Of course most would think the same thing about Meeko and himself. Most didn't know Meeko's story though for if they did their discussing would seem inconsequential. Fortunately what breeze there was came from behind them so the dracon, elf, dog and spider didn't have to appreciate the aromas coming from Gus and Carnasch.

Old March 5, 2009, 01:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Taking Dante's offered arm, Niven felt as tall as Carnasch as they walked behind the man and his horse. Niven didn't pay much attention to Carnasch talking to Gus, as she did a similar thing with Juno when they were at home by themselves. Their animals were their companions and though they were unable to speak back, it made them all that much better because then they became amazing listeners.

Turning to Dante, Niven tried to engaged him in conversation. "I'm very impressed by your vast fishing empire. I was recently in Paxia, where I'd first heard of you, and there was much talk of your new outpost opened there this summer." She smiled at the dracon. "And now I hear you employ many people, such as Carnasch, as well. You are quite the business man." Niven checked on Juno to make sure he was following, and he was, the obediant dog he was. "And Meeko is quite the companion. How is it you happened to meet her?" Niven asked smiling at the spider and then Dante.

CIR | SoF

Old March 5, 2009, 03:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch kept walking with Gus in front of the other four, and they might catch parts of his conversation as they walked. "Perhaps we could go to that Inn, what was it called..." As he trailed off into muttering when he couldnt remember the name, "Hey, you remember that bloke from Arakmat? He wasnt the brightest, seemed to like that Eyvind fella a bit... heard he had a price on his head...." Carnasch seemed to pass between subject to subject helter kelter, but it was really all very organized in his mind. "I wonder how those two gals are doing now...."

Old March 5, 2009, 04:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Eternal

Quote:
"I'm very impressed by your vast fishing empire. I was recently in Paxia, where I'd first heard of you, and there was much talk of your new outpost opened there this summer, and now I hear you employ many people, such as Carnasch, as well. You are quite the business man."
"Vast fishing empire? I never thought it was that large, but thank you for the compliment. If Carnasch will vouch for you I may have work for you as well, but you seem too much of a free spirit to want to be tied down. Am I right?" Dante chanced a side glance at Niven to gauge her reaction.

Quote:
"Meeko is quite the companion. How is it you happened to meet her?
Dante smiled at Niven. She was actually the most understanding of Meeko of anyone he had met thus far. "Well it is a long and somewhat complicated story. Are you sure you want to hear it?" It was at that moment that Dante began paying closer attention to Carnasch's conversation.

Quote:
"Hey, you remember that bloke from Arakmat? He wasnt the brightest, seemed to like that Eyvind fella a bit... heard he had a price on his head...."
Dante shook his head a little. "Carnasch my good man. You shouldn't be discussing personal matters so openly. Don't worry we'll catch up on old times at lunch." He raised an eyebrow at the large Vagran hoping he caught Dante's polite version of 'shut up'.