Old January 2, 2009, 10:31 PM   #46 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Steel
Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

3rd brightening of Ioannes, near midday, Era XV post fractum

Dante approached the Jewel of Carmelya Province with anticipation. He had his home in Diana and even though he was eager to see it again, he was more excited to see Hatorania. He hadn't had a chance to visit Diana for several months and wanted to see his lady and perhaps make a proposal or two. He was in his dracon form as was normal, but he had a splash shaped scar on his face from the spell of a necromancer. Dante hated necromancy and would like nothing more than to wipe the evil practice from the face of Telath, but there was time enough for those thoughts later.

He had his autocrossbow slung over his right shoulder and his knap sack over his left. A quiver of crossbow bolts were at his left hip. At his waist he had two long knives of elven craft and two daggers of some rust resistant metal. Conceal up each sleeve was a darkblade dagger. He also had a dagger stashed behind his back at his tail as well as a knife concealed at his right ankle.

As he approached the guards he fixed them with a crimson gaze while he passed over his visa. "Serale gentlemen," he began in a friendly tone. "Where have I travelled? Well since leaving Diana I have traveled to Tyrsvale, Demios, Eunasia Province, Arakmat Province and Jaedaxia." Dante scratched his chin for a moment considering his next answer. "I'm here to check on my home, visit with my girlfriend, and see how things are going in general in the city."

Old January 7, 2009, 04:22 PM   #47 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch is a famous HeroCarnasch is a famous Hero
Carnasch stumbled slightly as he approached the gates of the massive city, its awe inspiring view lost somewhat on the fact that he was a bit weak from loss of blood. His struggles in the forest surrounding the city had hurt him badly. He stood strait when he came in sight of the guards, and hid his wound under the red robes he was wearing. They were called Blood Robes, because of thier color he assumed, but right now they actually had blood on them.

As he approached the guards he reached inside his coat and pulled out his Visa. Handing it over, he was suddenly very dizzy, but rigidly held himself in place. If it haddn't been so dark and the guards had been paying more attention they might have noticed the blood on his hand, which left bloody fingerprints on the leather cover of his Visa. He greeted them politely enough, if a little short breathed.

As he passed through the gates, he immediatly made for an alley. The first one was a few buildings away from the gates, the other outlets were all large streets, and as he reached the entrance he leaned against the wall, and slipped down to sit on the hard cobble stones.

After a long time, he got back up, slowly pushing himself away from the wall he stumbled off in search of an inn or hospital.

"I am a man in body and a beast in mind. I cannot coexist with either court of man or animal."
Carnasch is sometimes accompanied by his horse Gus, which will be specifically stated at the beginning of each thread.
Old January 16, 2009, 01:19 PM   #48 (permalink)
Eternal

Milo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroMilo L'Evienne is a glorious Superhero

The Second Cycle of Ioannes in the Summer of Era XV

Just how it came to be that Milo and company arrived at the gates of Diana on horseback, him and all of a dozen Rosemen and two wizards, after only a half candlemark in the saddle was a mystery save to those who’d arranged it. Suffice to say it was a complicated song and dance pulled off by the ever efficient Barrett Tierney and his practical minded sidekick Ada Stromb, overseen by Sir James no less and begun nearly a cycle before in Prime and in between.

Nonetheless arrive on horseback they did, Milo astride a spirited black mare with feathered feet nearly the size of pracenda plates with a proud way of moving and Rosemen and wizards with their staffs...or in Gwygwin's case an ivory walking cane with brass head and cap, aboard their respective mounts. It was Sir James who rode forward when they arrived at the gates, he like the remainder of the Knights distinct in his turnout in black, crimson and gold. ”His Royal Highness, arrived to speak with the Prelate’s Council,” he said and then making arrangements of the same, the group pressed on towards their destination.
Old January 19, 2009, 11:26 AM   #49 (permalink)
Notable

Jaki Vampyler is an upstanding Citizen
Last Brightening of Ioannes
Summer
Era XV

Jaki was tired. Tired of walking, tired of travelling. Tired of not finding the right place to be. She was tired and sore and she ached all over. So, she approached the city of Diana with some trepidation. What was it that she would find here, she wondered. Would she finally.. finally find some cause that she could fight for, people that she could learn from?

She considered, briefly, that she must not pin her hopes on such. She had, after all, thought that she would find that in Portshire... in Primus Gaudeo... but maybe here was the place.

The tall blonde human woman showed the guard her Visa and stated her name, simply "Jaki Vampyler" she said, glancing at the guard.

When she had met all of the necessary checks, Jaki entered the city ~ searching.
Old January 22, 2009, 12:58 AM   #50 (permalink)
Legend

Gye'ron Val Oriden is a glorious SuperheroGye'ron Val Oriden is a glorious SuperheroGye'ron Val Oriden is a glorious SuperheroGye'ron Val Oriden is a glorious SuperheroGye'ron Val Oriden is a glorious SuperheroGye'ron Val Oriden is a glorious Superhero

Timestamp: Lunaria, 40th of Ioannes, Summer of Era XV PF

Typical of the first and last brightening of the cycle a fierce storm battered the lands. Heavy rain pelted the city, the people, and the countryside at a sidewards angle as a vicious wind blew. The droplets of rain, though fat with water, were as hard and cold as ice as they whipped across the skin and clothed bodies of all in Diana on that fateful brightening. The wind howled, the herald of the man who approached the gates. Lightning flashed and thunder boomed as dark clouds brewed overhead, warnings and prophecies of conflict to come.

The man that came to the gates of Diana was fierce and determined. He was uncompromising in his religion and his loyalty to the Empire was unwavering. Nothing would stop him, not even death. In Diana he had knelt before a statue of Diana in The Shrine of Divine Sacrifice and had sworn a blood oath, the words of which still readily came to his mind:

Quote:
"I pledge to uphold the honour of this realm and of Aetheria. I pledge to uphold the integrity of this realm and of those in service of Aetheria. I pledge to eradicate the forces of evil which plague this realm and the followers of Aeternia. I pledge to protect all that is good and holy. I pledge to act courageously and honestly with naught but pure intentions. I pledge to do so or give my life in the attempt. I pledge this with my flesh and blood."

He had cut a triangle representing the Sacred Three into his left wrist on that brightening and the scar was still there, an ever present reminder of his oath and his duty. It was his purpose in life and hadn't ceased to be for even a moment sense. Recklessly he had thrown himself against the forces of evil since that moment, recklessly he had given of his own purse to ease the suffering of others. And now he would recklessly throw himself against the forces of the Ancient Aelyrians and this blasphemous and illegal Kingdom. Not even death would stop him.

Gye'ron handed over his visa and upon receiving it back entered the city of Diana, the seat of the Church of the Faith. There were a few powerful men within it that he knew. The Church of the Sacred Three may have rejoined the Church of the Faith under Milo's order, but Gye'ron was sure that the sentiment of his brethren hadn't changed. If there was ever a time that the Empire and the Church of the Faith needed the Church of the Sacred Three and it's philosophies, it was now.

"Life is no life to him that dares not die,
And death no death to him that dares not live."

-- Sir Henry Newbolt.
Old January 30, 2009, 07:58 PM   #51 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Adamantite
Faust Kitrye'veresi is a glorious SuperheroFaust Kitrye'veresi is a glorious SuperheroFaust Kitrye'veresi is a glorious SuperheroFaust Kitrye'veresi is a glorious SuperheroFaust Kitrye'veresi is a glorious SuperheroFaust Kitrye'veresi is a glorious SuperheroFaust Kitrye'veresi is a glorious SuperheroFaust Kitrye'veresi is a glorious SuperheroFaust Kitrye'veresi is a glorious SuperheroFaust Kitrye'veresi is a glorious SuperheroFaust Kitrye'veresi is a glorious Superhero

Mid-Ioannes in the Season of Summer, Era XV

The golden sunlight reflected off Diana’s skyscraping spires, redirecting the beams upon the queue of travelers lingering outside the holy city’s walls. Among them, Faust D’Rinishad wore his obsidian mantle, emblazoned with the insignia of House D’Rinishad, without the cowl that ordinarily adorned his silver-framed visage. His charcoal-colored skin stood in stark contrast to the platinum brows that crowned his crimson orbs. Although he normally would have disguised such features for fear that they would rivet undesirable attention, the Prince of Har’oloth had no need to withhold such traits from those in Diana, a city with an open-door policy.

At last, he was here.

This was not the first time that Faust had graced the city streets. His dear friend, Aerienne Sarista, lived within Diana’s parameters, though with the return of her winged ancestors, the dark elf wondered if she and Fiabeth continued to claim Diana as their home. Despite Milo’s suggestion that he visit Throneworld, Faust had suppressed any curiosity that might have galvanized him to make that venture. Besides, there were far more pressing and controversial matters to attend to. For example, the recent article in the Herald, authored by some Sherian Imperial, was bound incite conflict. And having pledged himself to Milo’s cause, at least, until the Crowned Prince gave him reason to do otherwise, Faust suspected that he might indeed be called upon in the near time future.

Serale and good brightening,” the young swordsman greeted when it was his turn for inspection. Unclasping his cloak with ardentium-gloved fingers, he allowed the Vigiles to inspect the twin long swords that decorated his hips. He was heavily bedecked in ardentium, including both a long-sleeved tunic and leggings wrought of the magical armor; however, these were hidden underneath a simple black tunic and breeches.

My name is Faust D’Rinishad. I am coming from Demios,” He explained, “And hoping to seek guidance from a member of the Church. I’m uncertain how long my stay will be. That will depend if my friend, the Lady Sarista, is in town. Do you happen to know if such is the case?” He casually asked, simultaneously procuring a visa from the confines of his cloak. Regardless of their answer, if all was acceptable, he would proceed into the city.

Grandmaster Swordsman"Throughout Aelyria's history, there have been tales and stories of mythological warriors sometimes mistaken for blessed or divine entities. Godlike fighters, the Grandmasters are forever remembered for their valor and are known to break the physical limitations seemingly at will, capable of Masteries that lesser fighters can scarcely comprehend, let alone attempt. Often called one-man armies, Grandmasters are able to defeat countless lower-proficient fighters without much difficulty. Their physique is a testament to their life-long struggle to achieve this near-perfection; through enough conditioning and practice, a Grandmaster can withstand amazing amounts of physical pain and anguish. Incredibly fast and strong, their courage and valor enable them to seemingly perform miracles." - Arms Primer | Correspondence | Glory of the Conqueror"The Aspect of Constantine infuses your words and actions; when you are engaged in armed or magical combat, commanding armies on the tactical battlefield, or planning a military stratagem for warfare, you will have a decisive advantage against a character of the same relative skill, all other influences being equal, and will be able to out-maneuver them." - Kaelon
Old February 2, 2009, 02:54 AM   #52 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

35th of Imperios Era XV post fractum

Dante had returned to the Capital of Diana. He had spent just over a month traveling to check on his business's, but now he was coming back. He wanted to help out the church of Diana, he wanted to see Hatorania, and be home for a while. He was armed to the teeth, but most of his weapons were concealed. Anyway, he showed his Visa to the guard with a smile, then headed into the city.

Last edited by Dante Asunder; February 2, 2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: TS: continuity
Old March 1, 2009, 01:05 PM   #53 (permalink)
Mythic

Alicia Tamaral is a glorious SuperheroAlicia Tamaral is a glorious SuperheroAlicia Tamaral is a glorious SuperheroAlicia Tamaral is a glorious Superhero

Timestamp: 6th of Junctior
Autumn
Era XV

Alicia Elsdragon, Lady Vicereine, was on an official tour and this was the brightening where she was visiting this city. She was travelling, courtesy of the Sorceror provided to her staff by Milo, by teleport and she and her bodyguards counted seven in total. They arrived outside the main city gates as a matter of courtesy and they each had their Visa's ready for inspection.

The six people who travelled with her all wore swords and bows, and which one was the mage was impossible to tell. There were four males and two females, consisting of a mixture of humans and elves.

Having presented their Visa's to the appropriate authority, they made their way into the city itself, preparing to face whatever it was that they would see on this stage of the tour.
Old March 2, 2009, 10:59 AM   #54 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

oocI realize that the seasons have changed, but I would have arrived just at the end of Imperos, so I'm going to TS as such

35th Imperos, Summer, Era XV

Carnasch had dropped Niven and Juno off, not too far from the gate, but he'd apparently had other business, so she entered the city alone. She wasn't sure if she'd see her new friend again, but she hoped so. She walked to the gate with a bit of a spring in her step, happy to be off a horse and happy to be visiting a new city and a place to lighten her weapons load. Her puppy, Juno, was also grateful to be back on the ground and he ran around, going as far as his leash would allow him, sniffing everything.

Approaching the gaurd, Niven presented her visa, and gave him a small smile when he gave her a once over. The small elf had more weapons on her than one would expect and she looked a bit funny. The guard eyed her for a few more seconds, then nodded, and gave her back her visa. Niven curtisied, and tugged Juno's leash and the pup bounded though the gates just ahead of her.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Old March 3, 2009, 03:51 PM   #55 (permalink)
Eternal

TS: 15th of Junctior Era I of the Celestine Mandate Era XV post fractum

Dante could see the capital of Carmelyn Province and sighed It was a spectacle indeed; the many golden domes, spires, cathedral tops and church edifices dominating the skyline of Diana. The towers of the Basilica Ecclesiaste were by themselves breath-taking. Dante was very grateful to the recent archprelatess for opening the wonderful city, he shuddered to think what would have happened if he hadn't been allowed to live here.

The gate was patrolled by many guards dressed in shining armor of a blue tint, with the red crest of Carmelyn province embossed into its front and short red capes fluttering behind them as they go about their duties. A pair of guard towers loomed on each side of the gates and held archers and more troops, ready to support their comrades at the gate at a moment's notice.

Dante was waiting his turn to enter the city on such a fine day. He had been out traveling the Empire, but now it was time to get back to Diana and get down to business. Meeko was getting too large to ride on his shoulders now, so she stood next to him, turning this way and that with curiosity at the travelers and guards. Their new travelling companion Jirael was standing behind Dante, pretending to be his slave as the guards addressed Dante.

Quote:
"Serale, Traveller. Visa, please? Welcome to the Jewel of Carmelyn: the City of Diana. I need to know from where you have traveled, and your purpose for coming."
Dante nodded and passed his Visa over with a smile at the guards. "I have travelled through Jaedaxia, Demios and Frigid River and I am now returning home with my servant Jirael." Dante took his Visa back and headed into the city with Meeko hot on his heels.

Last edited by Dante Asunder; March 6, 2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old March 9, 2009, 06:26 PM   #56 (permalink)
Adventurer

Jirael'eri tel'noss Luschae is an upstanding Citizen
The young elf stood behind Dante, his torn robes holding against the odds, Black feathered wings behind him, hanging at rest. His white skin was grey from dirt and his once silver hair was a mess, bits of grass still hanging on to the occasional strand.

When Dante mentioned his name, he hung his head, shamefully, as if he had done greavous wrong to his master. His looks didn’t much help, he knew, so his only option was to go along with what ever visual cue’s were given to him by Dante and the guards…

All he had to do is listen to what he was told, and obey.
Old April 16, 2009, 08:15 PM   #57 (permalink)
Eternal

TS: 21st of Kelendryas Era XVI Post Fractum.

Dante entered the jewel of Carmelya once again. Meeko was hot on his heels while Kala kept an eye out for anything suspicious. Jirael was there as well (presumably), doing what ever it was that Jirael did. Once they reached the guardsmen at the gate Dante showed his Visa, then Kala showed hers. They waited for Jirael to pass through as well then entered the city.

Once inside Kala bid the group farewell and headed for her parents while the remaining group headed for the Tower of Serenity so that Dante could see Hatorania.

Old April 28, 2009, 08:04 PM   #58 (permalink)
Adventurer

Jirael'eri tel'noss Luschae is an upstanding Citizen
TS: 21st of Kalendryas, Era XVI PF

Jireal’eri had been traveling with Dante for sometime, his comings and goings was beginning to become familiar… The traveling was reminiscent of years past when the church used to move him around from temple to temple. Returning to Diana carried mixed feelings thought, it was comforting to return to the place that had become home, both now and before… but there was an over whelming sense of knowing that he had been cast aside as well…

Showing his Visa to the guards as they passed, Jirael followed Dante through, moving towards the Tower of Serenity, for reasons Jirael had learned, were to see Hatorania, as was understandable given his feelings.
Old May 7, 2009, 04:16 AM   #59 (permalink)
Eternal

TS:11th of Immanis Era XVI Post Fractum

Dante just returned to Diana after checking on his business in Paxia. Things had been going strangely. He was considering selling some of his business holdings in other cities due to the great loss of travel time he had been experiencing. That was a conversation for another time. Right now he was entering the city of Diana eager to see his family again. After waiting in line the dracon garbed in the priestly robes of Diana showed his Visa and walked into the city.

Old June 25, 2009, 03:29 AM   #60 (permalink)
Famous

Kakita Miyuki is a famous HeroKakita Miyuki is a famous Hero

Timestamp: 1st brightening of the third cycle of Aperitus in the Longest Winter, Era XVI

Her long journey from Narim has finally been rewarded with a breathtaking sight of the divine capital of Carmelyn Province. Miyuki strolled to the gates and looked at the guards, almost as if they were holy guards.

Taking out her visa, she presented it for inspection, saying, "Serale. Thank you for your welcome. I am pleased to be here. I am from Narim, and I am here on a pilgrimage to the Archprelate, under the referral of your former Archprelatess, Her Grace, Aerienne Sarista. Please let me through."

After being allowed through, she strolled through the gates and seek the main church building.
Closed Thread