Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Carmelyn > Sacrum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16, 2007, 12:45 PM   #31 (permalink)
Former Staff

Thoth is a benevolent Adventurer
The clerck looked up. "Well normally that would come to about 450. I am thinking a 50 crown bulk discount would be possible. That I would have to confirm with the blacksmith."
Thoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2007, 09:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Steel
Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

"Well the price sounds reasonable," Dante nodded to the young apprentice. "I'll need a sample one to show him the quality of said merchandise. How much for just one?" Dante asked.

Dante Asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8, 2007, 12:33 AM   #33 (permalink)
Former Staff

"The normal price is 15 crowns"
Old November 10, 2007, 02:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

Dante nodded to the young man. "Do you have one available right now? Or do I need to come back later?" If the young man has one available, Dante will pass over the 15 crowns.

Old February 11, 2009, 05:11 AM   #35 (permalink)
Eternal

TS: 4th of Ioannes Era XV Post Fractum

Once Dante saw the sign of a glowing hammer striking an anvil with the letters "Divine Hammer" he yanked on the shiny, brass handle and opened the door entering the glowing world of the forge and smithy. Dante looked up and saw the nice painting of the Basilica. No one seemed to be watching the shop however. That's when he heard the metallic ringing of metal striking metal sounding from behind an open door.

A faint red glow, and the scent of hot iron drifted through. The smith obviously was busy at his forge. Bent over the tallest anvil of seven lying about the larger workshop, the Smith was a large human, wearing long leather pants and a sleeveless leather apron. A scarf was tied over his head to keep his hair and sweat out of his eyes, the rest of his body seemed nearly drenched with sweat. Of course, working beside a hot furnace all brightening long is hot work. His hammer made rapid, skilled taps against a length of iron glowing dull red. Sparks flew from the contact, some bouncing as they landed about the foot of the anvil.

Dante cleared his throat loud enough to be heard over the sound of the hammering. "Excuse me good sir. I was wondering if you could help me with something?"

If the smith acknowledged him Dante would continue, "I am interested in some armor, but my needs are fairly particular. I need armor that is as light as leather, but harder than steel. It needs to not shine and it has to allow for freedom of movement, not to mention being fitted for myself including wing slits etc. Money is no object. Do you think you could handle something like that?"

Old February 19, 2009, 08:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
Former Staff

The blacksmith looked at him. "I possible could. It kind of depends on what specific type of armor you want. The weight will be the hardest part, but the dulling shouldn't be a problem at all. I can also do the wing slits but that will be tricky." He paused and then contiuned. "I don't think I could do armor for your wings though. Well not quickly anyway."

He eyes gleamed at the challenge. "Do you want plates or chain mail or both?"
Old February 19, 2009, 09:32 PM   #37 (permalink)
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
"I possible could. It kind of depends on what specific type of armor you want. The weight will be the hardest part, but the dulling shouldn't be a problem at all. I can also do the wing slits but that will be tricky. I don't think I could do armor for your wings though. Well not quickly anyway. Do you want plates or chain mail or both?"
Dante nodded as the man explained the situation. He folded his arms and started rubbing his chin between his index finger and thumb with his right hand. "Part of my job is scouting and I need the ability to move quietly with freedom of movement. What armor would you suggest for that? I don't need armor for my wings, but I would like slits in the back so that my wings can come out if I need them too. What were you thinking for the weight problem?"

Dante would wait patiently for the man's answer with complete respect for his opinion.

Old March 2, 2009, 12:53 PM   #38 (permalink)
Former Staff

"Well for stealthy movement and such I would say you will want chainmail, with some plate at certian locations. The weight can be distributed better over body so making it lighter." He tapped his chin. "Let me take some measurements and then I will need about a cycle, since thoughts wings will be tricky."
Old March 2, 2009, 03:49 PM   #39 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

2nd of Junctior, Autumn, Era XV

Entering the shop tentatively, Niven looked around taking in the sights. The large painting immediately caught the attention of her green eyes and she considered it for a moment. She smiled, deciding that she liked it and then looked around for someone. The clink clink clink reached her pointy ears and Niven unstrapped her many weapons from herself and placed them on the counter and looked to find where it was coming from and who was making the sound. She spotted the open door and the human behind it.

"Serale!" She called out to him, her wine coloured skirts sweeping the floor as she moved towards the doorway. "Can you help me?" Niven asked the human, now standing in the threshold of the open door.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2009, 08:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante nodded at the man's explanation. "That sounds pretty good. What will the metal be made of? Do you have mythril?" Dante wasn't a metallurgist and so wasn't sure how rare metals were. He knew that mythril was rare, but not how rare. "The wings don't need to be covered. I just need a padded slot to slip each wing out of the armor."

Last edited by Dante Asunder; July 2, 2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old March 12, 2009, 01:19 AM   #41 (permalink)
Former Staff

PussInBoots is an upstanding Citizen
Niven: The smith turned to see the young elf in the door way, and he grinned happily to greet her, "Serale Miss...?" He said as he approached to enter the shop, "Of course I can help you. What is it you need?" He walked behind the counter as he spoke, and waited for her to pick out what she wanted to buy.

"I have some very nice leather armor if you like, or perhaps some new arrows?"
PussInBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2009, 06:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Quote:
"Serale Miss...?"
"Soleil. Niven Soleil," Niven said, smiling at the human. He looked like he was working very hard and she was almost sorry to interrupt his work.

Quote:
"Of course I can help you. What is it you need?"
"I have some very nice leather armor if you like, or perhaps some new arrows?"
"No no no, I'm not here to purchase anything, thank you," She said. Niven rested her hand on the Crossbow, which was already lying on the counter where she had laid it. The 10 blots and the 5 daggers, 2 of them finely crafted, were laying beside the crossbow. "I'm looking to sell these. I have no use for them." Niven looked at the man, expecting him to cheat her. She had an idea of what she had was worth and wasn't going to be taken advantage of.

CIR | SoF

Old March 13, 2009, 05:02 PM   #43 (permalink)
Former Staff

Well young missy, lets see what we have here." The blacksmith worked his way through everything for a minute examining it for a while and then set it down again and said, "Has all been used, but Ill give you 240 for the crossbow,15 for each of three of the daggers and 20 for each of the nice ones. And lets say 40 for the bolts."

He smiled at her crookedly (not evily his jaw is just crooked) and waited for her responce.

OOC: I expect you to barter with him a bit.
Old March 13, 2009, 08:05 PM   #44 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Raising an eyebrow at the man, Niven shook her head. "I don't think so. Two of the daggers may have been used, but this one," Niven pointed to the one that had been hers, "Hasn't. I know this for a fact. 15 is fine for the other two, but this one is worth 20. And these," Niven picked up and held the two finely crafted daggers, "Are worth more than 20 crowns. Look at them! The quality is far superior to the other three. No, I would say more like 35 crowns for these." Niven put the two daggers back on the counter and placed her hand upon crossbow. "This is worth more than 240, even if it is used. It is in really exceptional condition. I would say it's worth no less than 300 crowns, and the bolts? 50 to 60 crowns. They were never used." Niven looked back at the man. She may have pushed her luck a little bit, but she wasn't going to accept the initial offer. Her cousins had taught her when bartering, always go above and beyond to end up settling on a fair price. And Niven was going to squeeze every last copper she could out of what she had.

CIR | SoF

Old March 14, 2009, 12:19 AM   #45 (permalink)
Former Staff

The man looked down at the items again for awhile, scrutinizing what he was willing to pay and his next move in thier price. "Done on those three daggers." he said, pointing out all but the nicest two, "And ill go as high as 28 crowns each for the other two. As for the bolts Ill give you 50 for the bolts and thats bein' generous. No more than 260 for the crossbow though. Thats 410 crowns Ill pay for this lot." When he was done with his offer he folded his arms with a note of finality, although it was really just him trying to get a good price.