Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Carmelyn > Sacrum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1, 2011, 06:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Champion

Location: Garenburg, Sacrum, Ieffereon and Where Heroes Are Needed
Fizden is a benevolent AdventurerFizden is a benevolent Adventurer

One Can Never Have Enough Friends (Niven)

The 2nd Brightening of the Month of Cryxatum
in the Season of Spring of the Era XVIII

Friends were something Fizden could never have enough of. He loved them, cherished them, joked with them, lived with them and cared for them. More valuable than the greatest treasures he, more than anyone, realized their importance.

Clad in his formal Vigil uniform, clean-shaven, washed and looking rather immaculate and perfect in appearance, he casually meandered through Diana. As a Vigil he knew how to spot people, who was shady and who was rich, and so forth. It was a skill he had developed with practice. As he searched the crowds he did what he usually did, keeping eye for anyone who appeared interesting. Of course his sword and shield were with him, but he would not need those this brightening unless for some odd reason things got out of hand.

He was a peacekeeper, after all. And amongst the holy residents Fizden appeared the perfect man, utterly adorable and sinfully handsome. He passed by people, greeting those he knew and smiling, happy once again to be in the best city of the Empire, the holy city of Diana.

Last edited by Fizden; March 2, 2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: TS
Fizden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3, 2011, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

It was another brightening where Niven had the entire brightening to herself. The family was all off doing their respective activities of the brightening, Dante doing whatever required his attention, be it the church or his business, and the children at schola and grammatical. Well, all the children except for little Chariras who was not quite old enough. He had wished to stay home with Kala.

The elf was far too excited that spring was coming to sit indoors, so once again she donned her cloak and headed out into the city. There was a shop she wanted to visit. Perhaps it was open this brightening, though she doubted it. It looked like it had all but abandoned.

Either way she thought she might head back to the market to check. If it was still closed, she would just wander through the city, re-familiarizing herself with it. Niven hadn't ever really gotten to know Diana, and she figured this was her chance. It seemed that this and Demios were going to be her permanent area's of residence and she might as well get to know this city much better...

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2011, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Champion

Fizden's jaunt through the city streets was rather uneventful. Most of his comrades in the Vigils were back at the barracks, or perhaps training in the fields. Many of his cloest friends were a part of the militia, and Fizden now spent most of his brightenings with them. Of course they had taken to doing what most soldiers did, playing practical jokes on one another and keeping each other sharp. It was good times all around, and Fizden considered staying a while longer. He was certainly enjoying every brightening he got to spend with his comrades.

It was easy enough to poke fun at one another and share stories of some of the happenings of the city. Being Vigils they knew a lot more about what was happening in the holy city than others.

Fizden had considered stopping in to see Dante. It had been a while since Fizden had visited the draconic priest, and it may have been nice to catch up on old times.There were also a few priests Fizden would have enjoyed talking with. Perhaps if there was time he would stop by the Temple.

As Fizden walked he noticed an elf clad in a cloak. As he was friendly and liked getting to know the citizens - it certainly helped when a member of the Vigils would make polite conversation with the townsfolk - he approached the elven woman and offered a friendly "Serale. How do you fare?" and flashed a friendly smile in her direction.
Old March 5, 2011, 09:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Walking along, minding her own business and not having any particular destination in mind, Niven was surprised to be approached by the Vigil. She looked confused for a moment at the greeting. While Niven wasn't opposed to meeting new people, she was greatly surprised that twice in two brightenings had men she didn't know come up to her. Yesterbrightening, an Ancient Aelyrian, now this brightening, a Vigil.

Niven smiled as the man approached her and returned the greeting. "Serale. I am very well, thank-you. And yourself?" Trying to not look silly, Niven tried to look above her head to see if there was some kind of sign above it saying 'Serale! Please come talk to me!'

oocSorry it's so short.

CIR | SoF

Old March 13, 2011, 10:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Champion

oocSorry for the wait

Fizden smiled. The elven girl may have appeared aloof, but he was happy that she was friendly. "I am well, although the patrols are rather boring." Fizden said, sighing wearily to emphasize his comment. "Although I suppose that is good. Peace is a good thing, especially here in the holy city." Fizden said. Niven would be able to recognize that he was a Vigil, however Fizden was curious what the elven girl did. He introduced himself with "My name is Fizden." and then asked Niven "What is your name, and what brings you to Diana?"

Without wanting to appear the questioning militiaman, Fizden offered a friendly smile to show he was not suspicious, only interested in getting to know Niven on a personal level.
Old March 17, 2011, 05:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Giving up on searching for the sign above her head, Niven focused all her attention on the Vigil speaking to her. She nodded as he spoke of boring patrols and the fact that, while they were boring, the quiet was a good thing. "Indeed. I'm sure that the people in the city agree with you, myself included. It's nice to be living in a safe place."

As the Vigil introduced himself, the elf replied, "Serale Fizden, I am Niven. It is a pleasure to meet you." She smiled warmly. She was still curious, though, why he should have singled her out of all the people who were out and about the holy city today. He seemed friendly enough, however, and Niven didn't really mind. "I am actually here with my intended and his family. He has a beautiful estate here." She bobbed her head happily. "I do nothing specific at the moment. I do think, though, with all the spare time I'm finding that I have while the children at at Schola and Grammaticus I might need to take up another hobby. I was taught when I was younger how to use a bow and enjoy that. But I only really use it in self defence. I was thinking about what other, less combative, hobby I might take up. In fact, I was thinking about that very thing when you greeted me."

CIR | SoF

Old March 22, 2011, 09:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Champion

Fizden smiled. It was nice to see a friendly person. "Serale Niven. It is truly a pleasure." Fizden said.

Fizden enjoyed getting to know the locals. The more people he met, the more he realized how great a city Diana was. Everyone was friendly and polite. It made him proud to serve as a Vigil, keeping the peace and protecting the wonderful city. When Niven mentioned her hobbies Fizden nodded. "As a Vigil I've taken up the sword and shield." he said.

Fizden smiled. "Who is your intended?" he asked Niven curiously. It was likely Fizden may have known Niven's other half, if he had guessed the correct meaning of the word intended. After, he continued with that line of thought. "I shouldn't really speak of it, but sometimes when I have leave I like to go on an adventure or two." he said, smiling mischevously. "I'm actually rather good at it, and it's a great way to practice all sorts of fun skills, like cartography, survival, camping and such. I've actually had a desire to scour the wilderness around the city for any good leads, and may even pick up a map and set out for a cycle to see what I can find." Fizden said. "Have you ever been adventuring, Niven, or do you prefer the city life?" Fizden asked her curiously, with a charming smile.

Fizden was enjoying his time with Niven so far, and it was a nice break from the dreadfully boring patrol. He was glad he had taken some time out of the brightening to speak with her.
Old April 14, 2011, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

ooc *So* sorry! I spent an entire day getting all caught up about a week ago and somehow missed this thread! My apologies!!

Smiling as Fizden asked about her intended, Niven replied "He's a priest of Diana, actually. Dante Asunder. I'm sure you must have heard of him,". It would surprise her if he hadn't Dante had not only his fishing business here but a restaurant as well, not to mention his position as a reporter for the local paper.

Her eyebrow raised as the Vigil spoke of his love for adventuring and a grin plastered itself on her face. "I, too, enjoy adventuring. I've done nothing more than wander for the past few patterns. Until, of course, I was asked to remain with the family. It was rare that as a female I was taught those skills, cartography, hunting, survival, etcetera, but learn them I did and have found many an interesting adventure along my travels. I am very much an outdoor girl, but have found city life to be tolerable. I find so long as I can find a garden or a wood nearby where I can escape to every so often, I do quite fine."

What she had felt started out as a bit of an awkward conversation, Niven now found herself enjoying her time conversing with Fizden the Vigil. She was amused to find someone so kindred in spirit by chance.

CIR | SoF

Old May 8, 2011, 08:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Champion

Fizden smiled, enjoying the conversation. "What was the greatest adventure you ever went on?" Fizden asked with delight, smiling as he was fortunate to have found a fellow adventurer.

"Are you able to sneak away for a few brightenings? There's a few spots outside the city I wouldn't mind exploring. However it's always much more interesting with another, wouldn't you say?" Fizden asked politely, trying to entice Niven into an adventure.
Old May 12, 2011, 04:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

"Ah, now that is hard to say," she replied to Fizden's question. "I have been on a few interesting adventures that are each unique in different ways. I would have to say, though, that the prep for and the actual hunt for Eyvind Redbeard was very interesting. I've found that sometimes the experiences I have that are the most memorable are the ones that happen to me rather than the ones I seek out. For example, my little run in with the Thorns in Jaedaxia for simply knowing a dracon." Niven gave a humourless laugh. "What about you?" she asked, her smile returning to her face.

At the enticing offer, Niven gave the Vigil an amused and slightly mischievous smile. "Perhaps. I don't normally make a habit of going on adventures with men I hardly know, especially as I have an intended," she said giving him a playful wink.

CIR | SoF

Old May 28, 2011, 07:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Champion

Fizden smiled when asked of his favorite adventures. "Well I would have to say my favorite was searching for the mysterious lights that appeared over the Khardran Mountains. I met some interesting people and discovered an ancient power." Fizden said, speaking of the adventure in Candace's Respite.

Seeing Niven wink and offer a mischevous smile Fizden said "Well I won't tell if you won't." and then smiling.
Old June 1, 2011, 08:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

At his bold reply, Niven let out a short laugh. "You clearly are not in any kind of relationship yourself, or you would never suggest such a thing. No matter how tempting your offer is, in the interest of not causing any unnecessary trouble between myself and my love, I would definitely want to talk to him about it first, not even just because I don't know you. I also have responsibilities at home that I cannot just shirk on a whim." Niven smiled at Fizden to show that she had no issues with her relatively new duties in life. She had spent most of her life wandering, trying to find her purpose and where she belonged and now that she found that, she loved it. She wouldn't give up her role in Dante's house with his children for the world.

"Now, if there was something...strange that you were taking an interest in that perhaps wouldn't take more than an afternoon, I think we might be able to do something. Surely, as a Vigil, you hear rumours of things that shouldn't be. Things may seem peaceful or mellow on the surface, but surely that is no more than a facade," Niven said, shooting Fizden a knowing look.

CIR | SoF

Old July 12, 2011, 07:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Wow. So mod. Much nice.

Krait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious Superhero

"Here Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky!" a voice suddenly called out from behind the duo.

And if both Fizden and Niven were to turn around they would find two young men in their early twenties, one clad in a the clerical vestment of a cassock, presumably to be one of the priests of the Church of Faith and the other in the brown robes usually associated with the novitiate rank. The one in brown was peering over a bush that decorated the streets of the Holy City, and apparently it was he who had been calling for "Lucky".

"I do not think he can hide in there without us noticing!" retorted the priest.

"Excuse me, I am actually trying to help out here! And you're just going to stand around and moan? Why am I even helping you?!" the priest's companion argued back.

"Because it's partially your fault he ran away, if only you have not left the door open!"

"My fault? It was you who can't keep an eye on him!"

"Hey look! Unlike you I graduated! I am a priest now okay. I am a very busy man, I've got.... many things to do!"

"Yeah like what?"

"Well... priestly things... and stuff..." the young priest muttered before casting his eyes on Fizden and Niven. "Serale you two!" he greeted them, smiling widely at Niven while nodding at Fizden whom he recognize as a Vigil. "You don't happen to have seen a dog around have you? His name is Lucky and he's a Candaceburg Shepherd. He is brown in color, with a dash of white here and there..."

Was this to be a mission for the duo then? To help two bumbling clergymen find a missing dog somewhat. It might not exactly be the type of adventure Fizden was used to, but hey... a missing dog in a city as big as Diana was certainly no easy feat! It might not be the most glamorous assignment either but every good deed no matter how small was a heroic deed indeed wasn't it? Besides, it shouldn't take brightenings, and need not leave the protection of the city walls, which would be perfect of Niven who was tied down with attachments and responsibilities.
Krait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2011, 06:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Champion

Fizden turned around and gave a glance in the direction of the two men. They seemed completely out of place in Diana even if they were dressed like clergy. There was something odd about them but Fizden could not place his finger on it.

The way they bickered was like that of two people who had been married for quite some time. Fizden was growing rather suspicious of them. They definately did not belong in Diana. Perhaps it was the Gods who had misplaced Lucky, to draw Fizden's attention towards the two priests who were attracting attention that they did not necessarily want.

"I have not seen your dog. However, this is a formality, I am going to have to ask for your Imperial Visas to verify your identity. May I please see them?" Fizden asked, approaching the two priests. "Are either of you armed?" Fizden asked, searching their bodies for any visible weapons.

Fizden stood between the two supposed clergymen and Niven, gathering his information.

"Which Church are you from?" Fizden asked, getting as much information as possible. While he did not want to cause a stir it was his duty to keep the peace, and as a Vigil he had to make sure that nothing foul was going on in the Holy City.

"You wear a cassock." Fizden said, addressing that man. "Where did you get that cassock from?" Fizden asked, not recalling a Temple where such outfits were worn by the clergymen.

Fizden's auburn hair hung beneath his black cloak, speaking to each man in turn.
Old July 28, 2011, 07:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

At the sound of another voice, the elf turned to see the two men, who she deduced by their attire were clergymen. The two seemed to bicker back and forth about a missing person or animal and who's fault it was that they were missing.

At last the priest addressed them, identifying who they were looking for being a dog. Niven smiled warmly back at the men but Fizden seemed to have another idea of how to deal with them. As he demanded to see their Visa's, Niven wondered if it was just a formality. The look on his face seemed that he wasn't trusting either of the men.

Fizden stepped between her and the men of the church and Niven raised her eyebrows, though said nothing. She was going to leave this up to Fizden, though she honestly couldn't see the harm in helping them find their missing pet. While he asked his questions, Niven studied the two, wondering as well what church they belonged to. The blond elf waited patiently for the clergymen to answer the Vigil's questions.

If there was something amuck with the two men, Fizden could be reassured that he wasn't handling this alone. It may not look like it, but Niven was armed with her jewel encrusted dagger and was actually quite a fair adversary with it, though not as good as she was with her bow, which she had left behind at the house.

CIR | SoF