Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Carmelyn > Sacrum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1, 2011, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Alaricus Priscus is an upstanding Citizen
Arrival of the Ancient (Niven please)

Timestamp: 1st of Cryxatum, Spring, Era XVIII .p.f, Mid-Brightening.

Having wandered through the gates of Diana, the Ancient Aelyrian had wandered aimlessly around the city for several candlemarks. In complete honesty, the man had absolutely no idea where he was going. Instead he was just wandering around admiring the architecture of the various different buildings within the city. They were very, very different from what he knew of the buildings in Ikreal, and even though some of them might be a little run down or in need of maintenance, Alaricus found a certain amount of beauty and interest in them. The normal people of the city would probably find that to be somewhat odd, as he was staring a lot, but the Ancient didn’t really care at this point in time.

Soon enough, he found that he was starting to get bored with just wandering around on the ground. Instead, he decided to take flight and land carefully on the roof of a nearby building. Obviously, this got people looking at him in rather an odd manner, so the Ancient Aelyrian moved out of sight and hopped over to another building. Once he was sure that people weren’t actually watching him, Alaricus sat down and surveyed the city from above, watching people go about their daily routine seemingly with no cares in the world.

After several minutes, the man tired of this. He stood up and glanced around, taking off into the skies once more with Greatstaff still in hand. He flew around a little, trying not to gain attention from too many people or the guards before finding somewhere nice and inconspicuous to land, which was pretty much just a dark alley. Alaricus emerged from the alleyway and ruffled his wings, resetting them back into their natural position. While the flying around and enjoying the view of the city from above was very nice, he was now completely and utterly lost.

There was a long, drawn out sigh as ice blue eyes surveyed his surroundings, trying to get some kind of bearing on just where the feth he was.

Retired - 18/7/11
Alaricus Priscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2011, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a famous HeroNiven is a famous HeroNiven is a famous Hero

The brightening had started as per the norm at the Asunder's. Niven had gotten up with the suns and started Rosyun for the family while the kids and Dante went through practice drills in the garden. Niven watched as she cooked, making sure she didn't burn the eggs she was frying. It was remarkable how far her cooking skills had come since she'd started watching Kala. When the nanny arrived from her parents, Niven gladly let the draconess take over and got the table set. The children and Dante came in just as all was finished and the family enjoyed the meal together before they all headed out to their separate activities.

Having been back in Diana almost full cycle now, they had all settled into a routine. Niven saw Dante off to his brightening, whatever that might all entail and the children off to Schola and Grammaticus respectively. Kala had said she had plans for Chariras this brightening and that left Niven and Juno on their own. However, the dog had decided that he'd rather stay with Chariras and Kala and Niven shrugged as she set about to do some shopping. It was clear that there was a male living at this residence, and while it was tastefully decorated, it was lacking in female influence.

As it was the first day of Spring it was still quite nippy out, so Niven headed back to her room and donned her cloak over her wine coloured dress and fastened her jewel encrusted dagger to her hip before she headed towards the door, giving Chariras a kiss on the head before she departed.

The brightening warmed as Niven made her way from the drake into the city itself. She weaved her way through the people walking about the streets doing their own daily business as she made her way to the Merchants Plaza. Once or twice a shadow ran by her or over her, and the elf shaded her eyes from the suns and searched the skies, but saw nothing. The shadow was too large to be a bird and it made Niven wonder.

It didn't take the elf too long to reach her destination and as it was now about mid-brightening, the marketplace was reasonably full and busy. Niven walked around, looking though the front windows of the shops that had them and wondered about those that did not. Sythe Procurements caught her eye, but the shop seemed closed. When Niven peered in through the window, she saw some interesting objects inside, but the shop itself was a mess. This disappointed the Sylrosian immensely. Niven moved on, heading for the general store, thinking maybe there was something in there that might be good for the house...

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 9 + 3

Last edited by Niven; May 12, 2011 at 05:12 PM.
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3, 2011, 07:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

Standing around looking slightly lost had proven to be somewhat… well… boring. The Ancient let out a long sigh and started wandering through the city, trying to see if he recognised any form of landmarks. He also tried to suppress his empathy, as having so many people around thinking and feeling in his direction was pretty likely to make his head explode. Either that or he’d have one hell of a headache. Regardless of that, the large and winged man started wandering through the various streets of Diana, heading towards what he hoped was the middle of the city.

People were staring at him as he walked, some obviously in awe while others were obviously in outright fear. Alaricus couldn’t understand why anyone would fear him, as his people didn’t particularly have much contact with the mortals until very recently. Then again, without using his empathy, there was a very good chance he was reading their emotions completely wrong, but he couldn’t blame them for fearing something unknown. A certain amount of fear had gripped him when he’d finally been given permission to leave the Throneworld, so it was something that the man could easily understand.

Soon enough, his random wanderings brought him to the Merchants Plaza. For a few moments, he stopped and glanced around, watching people go about their business, whatever that might be. His blue eyed gaze fell upon an elven woman who was peering through shop windows, specifically shops that were closed for the moment. Despite the city welcoming all races, something about Niven piqued the Ancient’s curiosity and he found himself wandering towards her, weaving through the crowds and making sure his wings didn’t get in the way.

“Excuse me, m’lady…” The words were called out to her when Alaricus was pretty sure he was close enough to be heard. “I seem to be a little lost… I know I’m in Diana, but where exactly am I?”

Retired - 18/7/11
Old March 4, 2011, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

As Niven turned from Sythe Procurements, the winged man caught her eye. Dante wore an Eshlahier seeming a fair bit, and that had one black and one white wing, so it didn't really phase the Sylrosian. Of course that was only until the stranger called out in her general direction. The petite blond elf looked around her, wondering if he was speaking to someone other than her, but his blue eyes seemed locked onto her jade ones. Niven remained where she was and waited until he got closer.

"Ah," she said, smiling he confessed that he was lost. "It is very easy to be lost in this city. You must be new. Welcome to Diana. This is the Merchants Plaza. Where is it you were trying to go. Perhaps I can direct you." Niven noticed as he stood in front of her that he was no Eshlahier. In fact, he wasn't any kind of elf at all. Her eyebrows raised slightly when she realized that standing before her was none other than an Ancient Aelyrian. 'Why single me out?' she wondered, a pleasant smile still on her face.

The Ancient was certainly handsome and didn't look 'ancient' at all. In fact, Niven would wager he wasn't too much older than she was, competitively of course. She highly doubted that the gorgeous figure before her was anywhere near her 86, almost 87 eras, but then again, she had no idea how an Ancient might calculate age. As she looked into his eyes, there was something about them that was captivating. They were the bluest eyes she'd ever seen and Niven could imagine it would be very easy for any woman to get lost in those eyes.

CIR | SoF

Old March 4, 2011, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Citizen

If the Ancient had been asked why he chose to speak with Niven, the answer would simply be curiosity. The act of peering into shop windows was somewhat alien to him, because they didn’t have any shops back on the Throneworld. A very simple fact, but it meant that simply window shopping was a very curious practice for Alaricus, and watching Niven do it had been the catalyst for approaching her. For just a few moments, he wished that his innate telepathy actually worked on mortals, that he could read minds and speak into them, but he’d been warned against that. Apparently it was exceptionally dangerous for Ancient and mortal alike.

“Thank you for the welcome, and I am very, very new.” The winged man offered a polite smile, considering her question carefully. In truth, he had no idea where he was going, and that could prove to be somewhat of a problem. However, he did know that he needed somewhere to sleep, and somewhere he could retreat from the chaos of the world… his own little private sanctuary to regain his focus and steady his mind. “I’m… really not sure where I’m trying to go. Everything is so different here compared to Ikreal… I mean, the Throneworld.”

A slight pause, almost as if he were trying to put thoughts and images into actual words. Alaricus gave a soft sigh and shook his head a little to try and clear the mind, his hands wrapped around the Ancient Greatstaff he’d been given before leaving his home. “I think I need somewhere to stay… yes... somewhere I can nap when required and just retreat from the noise and chaos of people around me.” Those blue eyes fixed on Niven once more before he spoke again. “I believe you call such a place an Inn? I’m sorry, my charismean is good but I normally communicate with Telepathy, so it can be… difficult… to find the right words.”

Retired - 18/7/11
Old March 5, 2011, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

The smile the Ancient Aelyrian gave her, though it wasn't anything spectacular, made the already handsome face more so. Niven would have to work hard to keep from starting at the beautiful man in front of her. He seemed to concentrate hard on her next question. Niven patiently waited for him to reply. When he did, the elf gave him a sympathetic smile. "Yes, I can imagine everything is much different then you are used to."

When he wrapped his hands around his staff, Niven found it akin to how a child might cling to a favourite blanket. It was something familiar and it was easy to understand why something might give him comfort. As he tried to collect his thoughts, Niven smiled encouragingly. "Yes, an room at an Inn will provide you rest and a place of solace," she replied to his request. "Don't worry about your Charismean. As it is easy to tell, I stumble through mine quite a bit and I don't have any other way of communicating. It must be so much simpler to communicate telepathically. I envy that trait." A wistful look filled Niven's features. It would make her life so much easier. She sometimes envied the Dracon ability to use the call.

Brightening again, Niven shot the Ancient a smile. "You are in luck. The Blade's Rest is in the Plaze, not too far from here. Come, I will show you." The elf beckoned the Ancient Aelryian to come with her. Her original plan to visit Blessings General Store was forgotten. "I'm Niven, by the way. Niven Soleil."

CIR | SoF

Old March 5, 2011, 09:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Citizen

Given the difficulty he was having putting thoughts into words, the Ancient was very grateful that the elven woman in front of him was being rather patient. It helped to keep him calm, to retain his focus and a good state of mind. Most people did not know what could happen if an Ancient Aelyrian lost their focus, and Alaricus did not want to demonstrate in the middle of the town to many different people. He could feel eyes on him already, though that didn’t bother him too much. The woman was also easy on the eyes, as well as very patient with him, so that was another bonus in his book.

“Ah, yes… I definitely require an inn then.” Another smile was given in thanks for the information, it certainly sounded exactly like what he wanted. Somewhere to retreat and gather himself after walking around would help a lot. He wasn’t used to all the people, all the emotions and the unpredictability of mortals. Hopefully that was something he’d come to deal with and appreciate in time. “Simpler? Yes, it is somewhat. However there is the problem that we Ancient’s cannot lie to each other due to our Telepathy, which is both a boon and a curse. We also cannot lie to each other if we speak, for the same reasons.”

When she mentioned that the Inn was close by, Alaricus merely nodded and followed her lead. It sounded like the place would not be far away, and that was good. He’d get himself a room sorted out and then look at exploring the town a little more. While those thoughts ran through his head, the woman introduced herself. Another smile was given and the Ancient stopped walking for a moment to give her a bow. “A pleasure to meet you, Niven Soleil. I am Alaricus Priscus, the very lost Ancient Aelyrian.”

After the introduction, he started following her lead once more and glanced around the city, taking in the sights and sounds. “What would you recommend I visit? I know I’d like to go and see the Church of the Faith, to see how you all approach religion and how it may differ from my own race… but do you have any suggestions?” Obviously he didn’t realise the Church of the Faith was an organization rather than an actual building.

Retired - 18/7/11
Old March 6, 2011, 05:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

The winged man before her was looking a bit unnerved. He seemed almost nervous and Niven could hardly blame him. The amount of attention he was receiving just standing there was much like the attention she herself seemed to attract when she dressed up. It made her uncomfortable to have so many people stare at her and the elf's heart went out to the gorgeous Ancient Aelyrian before her.

His explanation about the inability to lie while communicating with other Ancients confused Niven a bit, but she kept that safely tucked away and merely smiled and nodded. "I'm not entirely sure that it is a bad thing. Lying, in my experience, has rarely had favourable results. Even omission of certain details can end up with a person in trouble with the person they kept the details from," she said. "The inability to lie is something to be grateful for. I could see how it would be unfavourable if you had no kind of social filter, but I don't see that being a problem of yours. At least, not in the short time I've spoken with you."

To Alaricus's bow, Niven smiled and gave him a short curtsy. "The pleasure is mine. And don't worry about being lost. It happens to everybody when they arrive someplace new," she said, reassuringly.

"The Church of Faith, hm?" The elf replied, amused. "Well, you cannot visit the Church of Faith itself because… well, it's more the whole of a bunch of different parts. It's like the picture different puzzle pieces make. I think what you're looking for is the Holy Plaza. That's where all the temples are."

CIR | SoF

Old March 6, 2011, 06:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Citizen

While the elven woman seemed to think that being unable to lie wasn’t entirely a bad thing, the Ancient found it to be somewhat of a pain in the backside. Given how prone they were to emotions, lying would be a major benefit when trying to protect someone. Of course, it’d go horribly wrong should the lie backfire. “Sometimes lying can be necessary to protect a friend or loved one… if they have too much on their shoulders.” There was a soft shrug as he muddled through his thoughts in order to put them into words. “All we can do is… um… not speak. If we want to protect someone from something bad, we just don’t tell them. Not exactly ideal.”

As for the social filter, Ancients were somewhat careful on things like that given the inability to lie. There was a soft smile when he was told not to worry about being lost. That made him feel somewhat better. “It’s… odd to be somewhere that isn’t Ikreal.” The Ancient gave a little bit of a sigh, obviously not entirely sure how he should feel. “I’m enjoying the opportunity to explore, but feel somewhat out of my depth. I hope that’ll go in time.” Alaricus seemed to be partially talking to Niven, and partially voicing his thoughts and feelings, probably because he wasn’t used to people not being able to read his mind.

“It’s a collection of buildings? Huh… I didn’t know that.” His curiosity was piqued when the elven woman explained that the Church of the Faith was several temples, not one large building. Thankfully her explanation hinted at the fact they were all located in one place. “I shall have to visit that plaza then. What else would you recommend I visit while in the city?”

Retired - 18/7/11
Old March 7, 2011, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Nodding, Niven said, "I understand. However, as I said, omission of information can also get you into trouble with those you care about, even if you are trying to protect or not upset them. On the up side, though, the inability to lie does not put you into a bad position when the person you lied to finds out the truth."

It was easy for Niven to sympathize with the feeling out of one's element. She'd experienced that a lot once having left the Sylrosian Valley. Every new city she went to seemed like a completely different world. Granted it was Niven's goal to experience all the different cities and the different cultures. While she was sure that was probably the same for Alaricus, the first time in a new place was a little overwhelming. "Don't worry," the elf said, brightly, "It will pass before you know it and you will be as comfortable here as you were back home. Well, maybe not completely, but everything won't seem so foreign and things will start to look more familiar. I felt the same way when I first left my home."

At his request at other sights around the city to see, Niven thought for a moment before she replied, "Well there's the Tower of Serenity, which is where you can find out about the different educational programs offered. There's the Gardens of hope. I can't promise that it's as beautiful there now as it will be in the next couple of months, but it's always peaceful there. There's the Museum de Aetheria, which has many fine works of art. There should even be a few paintings of Ancients, like yourself." Niven smiled at him. "If you're looking for a fine place to eat, I can recommend the Aetheria Restaurant."

CIR | SoF

Old March 8, 2011, 12:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Citizen

“Maybe so… it seems I have a lot to learn, yes?” The Ancient’s voice and accent was strange, he didn’t have a regional accent like any other people in the empire. Instead his words were pronounced somewhat mechanically, as if he’d been taught the most perfect way possible to speak and pronounce things, but there was still an otherworldly lilt to the words, as if he wasn’t supposed to be here, and yet was. Alaricus glanced around again, trying to find out just how many people were watching him at this very moment. It still felt and seemed rather strange to him, that people would find him this fascinating.

The reassuring words found his ears and the winged man turned his attention back to Niven, giving her a soft chuckle. “I don’t think I’ll ever be as comfortable here as I was back home… too many emotions… too much chaos. Everything in Ikreal is ordered, structured and controlled for our well-being. Hopefully I will feel happier though.” There wasn’t an explanation why his home was constructed and ran in such a manner, or why emotions and chaos were a problem, but Alaricus seemed almost a little nervous, as if he’d just realised how out of his depth and comfort zone he really was.

Listening to the places that he could visit, the Ancient had to admit that the Tower of Serenity didn’t sound overly interesting to him, but it could be worth having a look later. The gardens could be a good place to go, even if just for peace and quiet. The place that really interested him was the Museum, and his face almost lit up when Niven mentioned it. Strangely, he didn’t seem to be particularly bothered about the thought of getting something to eat. “I shall have to visit this garden… the Museum interests me also. I’ve a passionate interest in art and music, so I will have to see this place!”

That’d lifted his mood for sure.

Retired - 18/7/11
Old March 8, 2011, 08:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

"No, I suppose not," Niven said, realizing that nothing would possibly come anywhere close to home for Alaricus if 'home' meant a place where things were so utopian and you spoke telepathically. "Well, hopefully you'll find some level of comfort here." The elf wasn't sure what else to say. It was curious, though, why anyone would be interested in leaving such a perfect home for a flawed world as this one.

As she listed the different attractions of Diana, Niven could plainly see how some appealed to the Ancient and some most definitely did not. She smiled as he perked at the mention of the Museum. "Ah, well, I promise the museum will not disappoint. It's quite something."

Stopping, Niven gestured to the building in front of them. "Here you are. This is the Blades Rest Inn. I must recommend the Nobles room. It's more expensive, yes, but it's worth it."

CIR | SoF

Old March 9, 2011, 11:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Citizen

Comfort was probably the best he could hope for in complete honesty, that and the chance to learn and experience something new. The Ancient figured it might be difficult for people to understand why he left his home, especially when he made it sound perfect, but there were reasons… personal ones. “I’m sure I will… in time. It is nice to experience something new. The Throneworld, while ideal for my race, does tend to get a little boring as it rarely changes.” There was the reason, the fact that a city so perfect simply didn’t change and grow, leaving Alaricus somewhat bored with the place, even if he did miss it at the moment.

Soon enough they were outside the Inn and Niven had said the museum apparently wouldn’t disappoint him. He’d definitely have to check out that place, and the various different temples as well. The learning centre could be investigated later. “The nobles room you say? Does it cost less than seven hundred crowns? That’s all I have and I’m… not entirely sure if that’s considered a good amount of money or not.” Not only was he lost and confused when he approached Niven, but it seemed that Alaricus was also somewhat naive and child-like when faced with the world at large.

There was a lot to learn.

Retired - 18/7/11
Old March 12, 2011, 06:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

As Alaricus described Throneworld as bornig, Niven raised and eyebrow, but said nothing. Upon further thought, the elf realized how one who lived there might feel that way. What made life so interesting was the different mishaps and trials that came one's way. When all was perfect, it was possible for monotony to set in, especailly when everyone around you knew exactly what you were thinking and feeling. "You then must be relieved to have an opportunity to experience Telath," she said, simply. A little smile played on the Sylrosian's pale pink lips. She forsaw one of two things happening for the Ancient: Either he was going to find imperfection too overwhelming and would return home with a new appreciation for it or he was going to become adddicted to the everchanging state of things and rarely or perhaps even never return.

Alaricus started looking concerned about his funds and Niven smiled warmly at him. "Here," she said, taking the Ancients hand in hers and giving it a friendly pat, hoping he didn't think she was being too forward, "I'll go in with you and get you sorted."

Secrets :

Just off the main road of Diana, in the Merchant District, sat a fairly tall and imposing building. It was within walking distance of the main gate, a good thing for any weary travellers that came to the city. The building was around four stories in height and seemed to be made from stone and wood. At first glance, the stone seemed to be granite that had been white-washed to help the building blend in with the others around it. Further inspection of the stone would prove that the stone was indeed granite and that several layers of some form of paint had been applied to the stone. Aside from helping the building to blend in with the others around it, or at least try to, the paint also offered the stone some protection agains the elements.

On the front of the building were several windows. Two large windows looked out onto the street and a set of wooden double doors sat between the windows. The corners of the building were excessivley large pieces of oak. It almost seemed as if two large oak trees had been cut in half to make the corners for this building. Smaller beams of oak ran along the walls, parallel to each other. These beams usually ran below and above windows, with smaller beams joining the Horizontal beams together. These seemed to be more for decoration than actual support. Ivy grew next to the double doors into the building, creeping up the doorframe and partially over the two large windows.

The double doors themselves were fairly large and heavy, though they would not be able to accomodate a giant. Just to the right of the door's hung a wooden sign, swaying very slightly in the gentle breeze. It depicted two swords, a Longsword and a Short Sword side by side. They were sheathed and resting on a bed, though the owner was not depicted. Under this picture, the name of the building was written for all to see. It was called The Blades Rest. From the picture that was on the sign and the name of the building, it would be fair to assume that it was a Inn. This assumption would most certainly be correct, as people found out upon entering.

Inside, the main room was exceptionally spacious. A thick dark blue carpet led directly down the center of the room and ended at a large square section of the same coloured carpet. On this square section sat a desk, obviously the reception for the Inn. To the left and right of the straight section of carpet were numerous tables and chairs. Obviously this was for people whom ordered meals with their rooms and would prefer to eat these meals downstairs. Some patrons were currently sitting in the main room and eating their meals, though it was fairly quiet. There were two large stone fireplaces on either side of the room, one of which had an elderly Elven gentleman sitting in front of it. He seemed to be reading quietly to himself.

To the left of the desk was a fairly wide wooden staircase, obviously providing access to the rooms. Behind the desk sat a Esh'lahier male. He seemed to be reasonably old, but respectably dressed. The other staff that worked at the Inn would occasionally stop and talk to him, mainly to check who had booked rooms at the establishment and also to see if he needed anything to drink or the like. As they knew that he was a fairly old gentleman for his race, the staff liked to try and make him as comfortable as they possibly could. Afterall, he had volounteered to work with them. It also seemed that racism wasn't an issue in this establishment, a fact that made it very popular. A stiff piece of card was on the desk. It contained the list of services that the Inn offered and their accompanying prices.

The Blade's Rest

Services and Prices - Rooms.

Common Room - Single bed with straw filled mattress, small window to allow some light to enter the room, clean sheets, chest of drawers and a wardrobe for storing clothing and other possible valuables. (3 Crowns/Brightening or 20/Cycle)

Merchants Room] - Choice of Single or Double bed with a straw filled mattress and a medium sized window for more light. This room contains the chest of drawers and wardrobe of the common room, plus a writing desk and some candle holders. Breakfast is also included in the price. (7 Crowns/Brightening or 50/Cycle)

Nobles Room - King-sized bed with a feather-stuffed mattress and silk sheets. A double wardrobe and vanity desk are present in this room for maximum storage space and ability to make oneself presentable. A small bathroom is connected to this room and a writing desk is also present, along with several candlesticks. Breakfast and Lunch are included in the price of this room. (15 Crowns/Brightening or 120/Cycle)

Meals.

Rosyun - 2 Crowns (Usually fried sausage, egg (boiled or fried), toast (plain or with honey) and several warm beverages (coffee or tea) though just milk is also available.
Pracenda - 4 Crowns (Usually a soup (Choice of Tomato, Vegetable, Chicken, Minestrone or Mushroom) followed by a roast (Beef, Lamb or Chicken) and a small cake. Any beverage is permitted with this meal.

Other Services.

Massage (Part of Body to Full Body) - 10 to 50 Crowns depending
Aromatherapy & Bath - 25 Crowns
Steam Room (Shared or Private) - 30 or 40 Crowns[/color]

Once the list had been examined, it seemed that the customer would have to place their order with the Vysstichi behind the desk, as he had the reservations book and was obviously the receptionist for the establishment.

Original post by AGM Kain

Leading Alaricus through the front door, Niven approached the counter and requested a Nobles room for her new friend. The Vysstichi behind the counter checked the book in front of him and asked how long she would require the room for. Niven looked at Alaricus. "How long did you plan on staying in the city? The room is 15 crowns a brightening or 120 crowns a cycle."

CIR | SoF

Old March 14, 2011, 10:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Citizen

Having the opportunity to experience the world at large was most certainly very interesting, if also somewhat un-nerving. People were odd, and didn’t act anything like his kind back on Throneworld. In honesty, the Ancient completely expected that, and it was one of the reasons he’d wanted to come down here and experience the kingdom for itself. But it was still somewhat un-nerving as he didn’t handle chaos particularly well. Alaricus nodded a little at her statement, thinking about it. “Once I’ve finished getting lost, I think I will be a lot more relieved. There are a lot of new experiences down here, that’s for sure.”

Having Niven take his hand did surprise the man quite a lot, but he didn’t jump back and he didn’t scold her or the like. The Ancient knew she was only trying to help, which had been exactly what he asked for, so he allowed the Elven woman to lead him into the Inn. Inside the place, he looked around, taking in all the details and all the people as he was led towards the desk to book a room. Alaricus listened as Niven explained how much the rooms were and began to consider just how long he intended to stay for.

“Hm… I think I may stay for about four cycles… that should give me lots of time to look around the city before going wandering again.”

Retired - 18/7/11