Old May 15, 2018, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Steel
Links Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious Superhero

[Trysvale] What Will the Missus Say?

Early Summer Era XXV: After this

Links Kha'Serith banked his wings and came to a landing just outside the door to his manor. He glanced around, noting all the things that waited for him to get around to it. He also noted the various signs of growing dracolings scattered all over the place. A sad smile crossed his face as a heavy sigh exited his body. He would miss these things. That is, if things turned out the way her feared they would turn out. But he had made a decision, somewhat. And he was going to stick with that decision, depending on her answer.

The Her in question was the orange draconess with demigoddess heritage who had stolen his heart one darkening on a sandy beach. His wife Svafa. He sighed again as he dropped his gear to one side. Grasping the door latch, he entered his house once again. Perhaps for the last time. He sure hoped not, but he was prepared for that possibility.

"Svafa? I'm home!" His time of judgement had come.

Links Kha'Serith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Rather than being immediately greeted by Svafa, or in fact any of the adult draconesses that lived here, Links was instead greeted by the pitter patter of little feet, as Xan'Tokar and Japs'kril appeared. Both of them immediately demanded that Links hug them.

"Up!" Xan demanded.

"Up!" Japs concurred.

Judgement, indeed.
Old May 17, 2018, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mythic

Links Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious Superhero

Links' judgement was swift and harsh in coming. His two youngest sons, his offspring with Crema, ambushed him and immediately sentenced him to hard labor. They were so cold hearted tyrants.

The travel weary dracon chuckled and picked up his sons, one in each arm. Squeezing them tight until they called for release. "How are my two little troublemakers? Keeping an eye on your siblings for me? Let's hear a report. Who's been the worst since I've been gone? Where's your mother?"

Seeing his dracolings first both lightened his mood and weighed him down more. He was so glad to see them. But his coming judgement could be very rough, both for him and for them. Hopefully they would understand and be okay.

Old May 17, 2018, 06:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Up! Links complied, and both of the young boys were ecstatic as suddenly they were up in his arms. He had plenty of questions for them, but they had just as many questions for him. Where had he been since he left? What sort of adventures had he gone on? How far had he wound up going?

They got to his questions, of course. Eventually. Things had been great! They let him know all sorts of things that had happened since he had been gone, from all the bugs they'd found to exploring the spaces near their house and this and that and such and such. They dutifully skipped over Links' inquiries into their siblings (Crema hadn't raise no snitches) and instead moved on to where their mother was.

"There!" Xan pointed, as Crema rounded the corner, wondering what all the commotion was and where her boys had ran off to, a smile lighting on her face at the sight of Links.

"No arms for me?" she teased, holding her own out for a hug that Links was probably going to struggle to provide.
Old May 17, 2018, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mythic

Linsk recounted some of his more exciting, family friendly stories to the two boys. Treasure hunting. Desert caravans. Hunting bandits through murky swamps. All the good stuff that little boys wanted to hear. With plenty of blood, gore, and action thrown in too. Nothing yucky like girls and stuff. Girls had cooties.

No snitches, huh? Their mother had raised them well, for that lifestyle. Assassins would be assassins. Links may not have chose it himself, or particularly liked it, but he saw the usefulness of it. Plus, given his frequent absences during in their developmental period he didn't have much say how they should be raised.

There was ivory white Crema. Her smiling face was a ray of hope for the dracon. She wasn't mad at him. But then again, she had been the most accepting of an open relationship. She just didn't care much for his other picks.

"Of course I have arms for you. Here, give me a sec." He placed the two dracolings back on the ground and instead wrapped his tail around them. He then embraced the white draconess, giving her a light kiss. "How are things? What have I missed? Is... is Svafa home?"

Old May 17, 2018, 09:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Coooool!

Treasure hunts! And deserts and stuff! Caravans? What even were those? Bandits! Action! Fighting! Blood and guts! Well, the boys were pretty happy with the stories that Links had to tell them.

They also thought it was super gross when Links hugged their mom. Adults were gross! Already they were racing off to do something else once they were set down, their minds running faster than their legs could keep up.

Crema grimaced a bit at the mention of Svafa. "Things have been... fine. Primith's been doing her own thing as usual. And Svafa has been... distant. More than usual, I guess. I think the two of you will be wanting to have a nice, long talk about things." She let out a dismissive huff. "She's out back right now. Try to find somewhere private so the kids don't overhear."
Old May 18, 2018, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mythic

Links smiled and held the draconess close, kissing her lightly on the neck. Oh it felt good to hold her again. To hold any of them, actually. The fear and guilt and shame of getting close to any female was non existent here. So he took advantage to that.

"Thanks dear. You're a real sweetheart. I'll go talk with Svafa later, perhaps once the kids are in bed. This talk has been a long time coming. Perhaps we'll take a walk together. Anyway, tell me about you. Are you eyeing any studs from town? Surely Xan and Japs aren't the only dracons who've warm up your bed at night. Let's talk. It's been ages."

Links wanted to enjoy the first few moments of his homecoming. He wanted something sweet and nice to help pad the potential bomb that was about to land. He'd spend time with the kids having fun. He'd talk with Crema and Svafa and Primith. That evening though, he asked Svafa to meet him at the bar. They would go for a walk across their farm and talk. An awkward talk. How did one start up the conversation that lead to, "let's break up?" The dracon wasn't sure, but he would try.

Old May 18, 2018, 04:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Once the boys were gone, well, there was a requisite amount of cuddling and light kissing that was necessary. At least, Crema seemed to think so. Just a little bit, though, because who knew (in such a busy household) when somebody might walk around the corner and call the both of them super gross?

Crema had a reputation to maintain. Among the kids, that was.

She rolled her eyes at Links, and it seemed like there was plenty to talk about. It had been a while since Links had left, after all, and they'd have a nice sit down and talk plenty. There were a number of things to update him on - life events for some of their friends in Trysvale, for instance. General gossip. It seemed like more and more people were visiting the town every day, since the nearby Enchanted Glade was one of the few left these days that was easily accessible. The Dolwoods had been glassed, Eunesia was blocked off, and the ones further out west had been damaged by the Xet or were in hostile territory. Crema was actually rather busy taking care of all the children these days, so more often than not she just went to bed exhausted as opposed to finding somebody else to warm it up with.

A candid conversation with a friend, playtime with the children. All things to help calm Links down and steel his nerves for the conversation ahead. Because eventually he would meet with Svafa, and eventually it was time for their walk. Out of the house, where they were more or less alone. And, well, at least he wouldn't have to worry about starting it.

"I think we need to talk about our relationship," Svafa began. That was ominous. But considering Links had anticipated this to begin with, at least it was out in the air now. Nobody was being blindsided.
Old May 18, 2018, 07:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mythic

The dracon nodded. Well, it wasn't subtle, but then that had never really been Svafa's style. She could be very blunt. That would make this talk easier, and also harder. "Yes, you're right. I think we need to have a talk too. Since I've been away I've had some time to think, about us, and about everything. And I realized that we've never talked about our relationship, ever. Our goals, our expectations. Things like that. So... uh... let's talk. You brought it up first, dear. So what's on your mind?"

Real smooth. It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Old May 18, 2018, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Not subtle, very blunt. Svafa lived up to her reputation.

"Would it be better for you if we separated?" There. She wasn't looking him in the eye, but the words were out there.
Old May 19, 2018, 01:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mythic

Ouch! Links couldn't help but wince a little at the sharpness of the question. Just like he thought, this conversation would be both easier, and harder because of her personality.

The dracon had to answer carefully, and with direction. He wanted the best possible outcome for all those involved: him, her, the dracolings, and any other lovers both past and possible future. Also, he didn't want a repeat of her trying to burn the house down. If they walked away with out the manor bursting into flames, that would also be a victory. Honesty and openness was the key here. If they were going to reach the best option, everything needed to be out on the table.

"Yes, possibly." Was his initial response. He couldn't see the future, and didn't now if this path would lead him to the best outcomes, but he had chosen to accept it in Moonstone if it came to that. "But it would be overly selfish if we didn't consider what would be best for you too. I can tell you've given it a lot of thought. If we both think that separating is for the best, then we probably should. But I don't want to make that kind of decision on a whim. I love you Svafa. And I think you still love me too."

Links paused as he let the words sink in. A strange idea crossed his mind. He had very little faith that it would work, but he didn't have much else to lose at this point. He was prepared for the worst already. He fired off his pitch. "But I can also fall in love wth others, like Primith and Crema. That does't mean I love you any less. I just have more love to give to others as well. Perhaps you do too, but you haven't expressed it. Just as a crazy suggestion, maybe you should try it yourself. Regardless wether we separate or not. Don't make me your only beau. Go find yourself a little playmate. I won't mind." He shrugged. Maybe one last shot at humor to help seal the deal. "You mother might mind if you did. But then again she was okay with you marrying me, even after she had met me once. As long as you're happy, she'll be happy. And if you're both happy, I'm happy."

Old May 19, 2018, 08:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Svafa let out a bit of a sigh at his answer. They'd just climbed up a hill at the outskirts of the farm, where there were some trees, and this seemed as picturesque a place as any to hold this conversation. Sitting down by the base of the trunk, she patted for him to sit next to her, the both of them able to look up at the bright stars of the shimmering night sky.

He had interesting ideas. But, therein lay the problem. "I think you have a very liberal way of living," she noted with a laugh. A genuine one, not a wry or bitter one. "And I think that's part of why I fell in love with you. Still do love you, I agree. But I think that the way you see things and the way I see things - the very way that we live our lives - are simply fundamentally opposed." She folded her hands, putting them in her lap as she gazed out over the stars.

"I could never see myself devoting myself to more than one person. Ever. And, you know, I think that's the way most people live." The things that Links had seen in Moonstone might have aligned a bit more with the way he lived his life, but the dracon couldn't deny it either. Here in Trysvale, and in most places in the Empire, monogamy seemed to be the norm. But that wasn't necessarily proving Svafa's point, either - perhaps society simply placed these restrictions on its people, and in truth they wanted to be just as free as he was. But that was just as convoluted a conversation.

"I don't want a playmate, Links. That, I think, is the unfortunate reality of it. What I want is to give you my everything, and to receive that in return. And unfortunately that's simply not realistic to ask of you. And so I won't. But I don't think we can continue on like that, if such is the case." She tapped a claw across her cheek. "I appreciate that you're willing to help try and find a solution for this. But I think... it's just us having to deal with the circumstances of our relationship."

They had kind of dived into this without too much planning beforehand. And while it had been fun, well, sometimes this was what happened. "The only thing I would be worried about is..." There was some hesitance, and then Svafa spoke softly. "What shall we do about the children?"
Old May 20, 2018, 09:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mythic

Links sighed, shrugged inwardly, and nodded. Well, he had tried his pitch and it had been rejected. Kindly and with love, but rejected. It seemed like the second worst outcome would be their future. The worst outcome would be her furiously mad at him as they separate. She had a scary temper. This way they would separate on... better terms. What would they do if they met in the future? That was something for future Links and Svafa to worry about.

Next came the other issue at hand. If they separated, what would Dyker and Nesta do? "That worries me too. I didn't come up with a solution for that since I wasn't sure what you might say. I guess... it depends on what you're going to do? Are you going to go back with your brothers and sisters? Are you going to stay around here in Trysvale? Or the other towns? I'm willing to take and support them here either way, and you'll be welcome to visit them whenever. Their younger brothers and sisters are all here. I'd almost prefer that they stay, and grow up with other dracons. But, if you want to take them with you, where ever you go, that works to. Just know you can always come and visit if you need to."

Old May 20, 2018, 09:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Svafa sighed a heavy sigh.

"Mother has sent out the call," she noted wistfully. "We are gathering, all our siblings and I. It seems the time has come for our period of hiding to end, and for a period of activity to start. I don't know exactly what it entails, but I know it is no place for my children." It seemed like, for now, she was leaning towards leaving Dyker and Nesta with Links.

"I worry for them, however. What will they think, with their mother gone? Will the household be able to support them? I feel it too dangerous for them to come with me, and yet, I ache at the idea of simply abandoning them." Man, who knew kids could be so difficult?
Old May 21, 2018, 07:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Mythic

Links reached out and held his wife. Ex-wife? Wife? Lover? He held his Svafa close to comfort her. She was a good mother, and a good daughter. Hopefully whatever Bellum was doing wasn't overly dangerous. Or would have far reaching consequences. Aeternia and Aethernia were in a constant uproar already. Could the world handle more?

"I'll take them then. At least for the time being until Bellum no longer needs you and you can return. Don't worry about me. I can support them. They'll be safe." A light, tender kiss on the cheek. "And you aren't abandoning them. We'll just tell them that mommy had a quest she needed to go do. Just like we tell them when I have to leave town for Knight business. Or when Primith leaves for her quests. You're not abandoning them if you are planning to come back. They'll miss you. I'll miss you. But they won't be left alone wondering why you're gone. Alright?"

Links held the orange draconess close. It was perhaps the last time he would ever get to hold her again. "Just promised me one thing. Promise me you will come back and soon so that we can finish this conversation and decide who gets the dracolings. Promise."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: