Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Republic of Northumbria

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old December 12, 2016, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

Gift [Demios] Diamea's Party, No Boys Allowed. (Rhystlin)

[top]Late Autumn, Era XXIII

The Fire Isles. Six vulcanic islands surrounded by the blue sea and cloaked by green lush jungles.

Demios. The main center of all the Fire Isles.

Not far from the city, there was a small bay, its water blue and clear. It was far enough to be relatively isolated and not many people came there, if not on purpose. Hidden by the lush forest, a low stone building stood close to the beach's edge.

It was the residence of an adventurer. A woman with black and blue hairs that wielded steel blades and magic. She was young and free.

She had imagined it. She worked to get it as she dreamed, a place to call her own. It was her nest in which return and rest. Not many knew of its existence.

Secrets :

Half the building was occupied by a single open space. A kitchen on one side, close to the main door, a wide couch on the other. Shelves full of books and other objects covered the other walls. The rising sun entered through the wide window on the front, slowed down only by the thin blue curtains.

Two doors opened on this open space: one leading to a small bathroom, the other to a bedroom.

A few rays of the morning sun slipped inside the closed room. A thin line burned below the door while a few spots shined at the sides of the closed shutters.

A sleeping figure was laying in the bed. Half covered by sheets, it was a human girl. It's blue-black hairs were spread on the pillow around her. She is still deep asleep. But not for long. Her consciusness was stirring up.

With half a moan she turned, half burying her face in the pillow. What she was dreaming is anyone's guess. That peeking rays caressed her and her arm came up to shield her face from them.

Sun meant light that meant day that meant getting up. Slowly her consciusness started to come back. But still her thoughts weren't fully formed nor rational; she was just reacting.

She turned again groaning, why was she already waking up? It's too early!

She laid there, still as the conscousness of her surroinding came back: the warm sheets, the bed, the dark room. It was home.

After a few more moments of stilness, she stretched and let out a big yawn. That few peeking rays painted a shadowy silhouette of her slender body on the wall behind.

"Breakfast... yes..." her mind was still clouded by the sleep's tendrils but her body was sending enough imput to get an objective in her mind.

She got up letting out another yawn and rubbing her eyes, why was she already up? She felt like she could sleep for many more hours. She opened the door and the sun welcomed her in full force. She squinted her eyes as it bathed her in its bright light.

"Mmmm...!" she shielded her eyes, that was too much light! In any case, she knew her house enough to not really need her eyes as she took a few tentative steps forward...

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor!!! <3
Diamea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2016, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero

It was entirely likely that Diamea had awoken to the inordinate amount of laughter a group of people were having outside her home, at a single figure's expense. As the young woman's eyes adjusted to the light, she'd notice a familiarly displeased expression peering out from a muss of plastered hair, his beard covered in the sheen of something slimy and distinctly smelly. Fishy smelly.

A towering figure with blonde hair was holding her sides as she emitted deep, genuine laughter. Next to her, a small half elf with dark chocolate hair was attempting, and failing, to restrain her own.

The only figure who didn't seem to be enjoying the scene - aside from poor Jerek, of course - was a solemn looking fellow with a scar across his face, although he did look particularly sympathetic at his comrade's plight. He picked a piece of fish off of Jerek's shoulder, lip twisting in disgust.

Rhystlin brushed at the tears on her face, for one of the few times in her life wearing more casual garb than the well-oiled leathers she had become so accustomed to. She waved haphazardly at Diamea until she could get her breath back.

"A fishmonger was flirting with Jerek," she explained between breaths. "His response was... very much like Jerek."

The bearded fishman gave a low, impatient sigh. "I didn't say anything offensive."

"Of course not," came Vincent's tone of casual disbelief, "That doesn't sound like you at all."

Freydis huffed away the last of her dying laughter. "You said 'I don't date men' to a young lady named Gena."

Jerek scowled.

Rhystlin grinned at Diamea. "Sorry to burst in on you like this. We figured we'd finally take you up on a visit since we were passing through. Took two darkenings of ale to convince Jerek to go off course. And now look at him."

She gestured at Jerek, and both she and Freydis began laughing again.
Rhystlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2016, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

Her ears caught that loud laughing outside her home. It seemed there was a group of people laughing quite well. But who? She never receive visits and even less by a group of people.

Her lips curled up in a grimace, she felt like she could have been, more or less uncounsciously, woken up by that laughters. The day wasn't starting good, no.

Now that this uninvited presence had been made itself be noticed, her mind was quite more awake than just a few minutes before. And she had to see who this presence was. But not half naked, at least. And not unharmed.

Once the dagger was in her hand and a pair of trousers on, she felt ready. This all took just a minute or so and she always moved as silently as possible, not that with that laughters much could be heard.

She appeared on the patio but eveything she could have said was forgotten. Her eyes had registered the presence of that towering vagaran, that half elf at her side and the two men, one covered with fishes and other... smelly wastes...

Diamea remained quite open mounted because she knew the group in front of her. But why Rhystlin and her mercenaries were there? Rhystlin in casual attire? And why was Jeric covered in fishy smelly things?

As the half elf explained, a smile started blossoming on Diamea's lips. The image of a fishmonger flirting with Jerek only to be told so and the subsequent reaction only made laugher rise in her too.

The dark haired girl tried to hold herself from bursting out laughing but it was pretty difficult, given the situation and the images lingering in her mind. "I see..." now she really couldn't restrain herself anymore and as Freydis and Rhystlin, she burst out laughing. Poor Jeric.

Only when laughter started calming down, she could try speak again "It's okay..." she said between breaths "...that's unexpected..." she didn't expect at all to have company, she never had. "But I'm so happy to see you guys." she smiled wide, she really was happy that they came, just for her. It would made everything less lonely after all.

"That fishmonger was that ugly for such a response?" the dark haired girl asked wih a smirk to Rhystlyn "But please, come in." she would gesture for all of them to come in "Make yourself at home." To Jeric, she smiled, half smirking, half apologetically "Please, take a shower or something."

Secrets of Foresight

Old December 13, 2016, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hero

Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero

Jerek grumbled at Diamea's teasing, but entered delicately in an attempt to not get fish guts on her nice new floors. Freydis eagerly followed behind, retrieving a small pouch from a pocket in her clothes.

"Got something for you, Di," she said as she handed it over, revealing a collection of small black pebbles lined with streaks of blue. "See?" she pointed at the streaks. "Reminded me of you."

"Awful proud of herself for that find," Vincent remarked with an arch of his brows, the closest thing one often got to a smile with him.

Rhys looked around and stretched as she entered. "Nice setup," she admired enthusiastically. "Maybe we should have set up base in Demios!"

"Please, I enjoy the cold stone walls of the barracks," came Vincent's dry humor not far behind as he wiped some of Jerek's fish guts off his hand.

Rhys removed a pack from her shoulder and retrieved something from that as well, handing a bottle of wine to Diamea. "Jerek has a favorite inn, it turns out, in Dragon's Cliff. They got drunk, made some big bets they couldn't keep, made the locals angry, got me in trouble... You know, the usual. Figured we'd bring you something as a souvenir since you missed seeing me get punched."

Freydis laughed. "Only because little Di wasn't there to save you."

"Or, maybe because you were still sleeping from all the drinking you did the night before. But you know, let's go with that."

Vincent rolled his eyes somewhere behind them, shook his head, and went on with looking busy with something, in typical Vincent fashion.
Old December 14, 2016, 05:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea giggled hearing that grumbling; it was true! The last thing she wanted were fishes remains all over her house, you imagine the smell? And clean it all?

Her eyes shifted back on Freydis, full of curiosity: what could the vagaran got for her? At the sight of the black pebbles lined with streaks of blue she smiled wide "Oh, they are beautiful!" she exclaimed, hugging the vagaran, or at least trying to. That pebbles indeed looked like her: black hairs with blue streaks.

She shook her head at Vincent remark, half smirking; that two men were always so serious. "Thank you! It must not been easy to find them." she beamed to Freydis.

At Rhystlin words, the dark haired girl blushes lightly "Thank you Rhys, glad you like it." At the suggestion on a base in Demios, she giggled "You sure you would keep working and not lazying on the beach? Or worse, getting too much acquainted with fishy things?" she teased with a wide grin.

"Well, as you can see we have stone here too, so if all you want is cold stone walls I'm sure we can get them." she beamed teasingly to him.

Diamea took the bottle with a bit of surprise, she didin't expect it, after all. Listening to her friend's words, she quite imagined the scene with Vincent and Jeric drunk creating troubles. "You didn't have to... and I think if I was there I would have gotten in the fray too..." she laughed "I wouldn't been able to pull back from helping my Captain."

She blushed again a little at Freydis words "Mmmm... maybe..." she smiles. The vine went resting in one of the closets ready to be opened. It was just morning and she didn't feel to start drinking already... later of course...

"Can I offer you anything?" she asks, gesturing to the kitchen "I... uhm... didn't expect visits so I'm a bit so so but yeah..." she blushed with the last words. The offer was there.

"You will stay here for some time?" she asked, curiously and a bit... hopeful too.

Secrets of Foresight

Old December 17, 2016, 07:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hero

Rhys's grin was crooked in response to Diamea's jests about lazying about on the beach. She could understand the tempation for others, which was the reason behind her smile, especially considering some of her companions. But there was a reason she took to seeing Vincent as her lieutenant, as the both of them were solemn workers through and through, unable to settle down for too long a period of time. Even this was a strange retreat for her men, as busy as they had been with rebuilding Arium. Periods of quiet tended to disquiet the half elf, which was why she hesitated and looked to the others when Diamea asked if they would stay.

Freydis gave her a pointed look and she offered an apologetic one in return, tempted not to allow the vagaran to break her resolve to move on soon. But after a time, as she looked in appreciation at her companions and all they had done for her in their time of knowing her, she sighed.

"We'll stay for a little while. But only because Jerik would be sad to leave you so soon."

Freydis gave her companion a clap on the shoulder that jostled Rhystlin visibly. As if at the sound of his name, Jerik emerged from the bathroom, a towel around his shoulders. Vincent threw him an apple and he bit into it, scowling at his captain as if she had been speaking badly about him.

Rhystlin shook her head at Diamea's offer to get them anything, but thanked her. Instead she asked, "So what have you been up to since we saw each other last? How's Mortimer been?"

Freydis lifted a brow and looked to Diamea, as if she might disapprove of Diamea cavorting with someone she didn't know. "I hope that's your little black and blue haired brother she's talking about," said the vagaran.
Old December 19, 2016, 05:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea laughed at Rhys's crooked grin in response to her words about the beach. She knew the half elf enough to know she was a relentless worker and fighter, hardly at easy just lazying on the beach. And Vincent was quite similar to his Captain.

The dark haired girl caught that exchange of glances after her question if they would stay. Her eyes danced between Rhys, Vincent and Freydis. She wondered what the half elf would answer, after that silent exchange.

And the answer surprised her. She had imagined this was just a quick visit before continuing on their path. But it seemed Rhystlin had other plans in mind. "Yes!" she exclaimed, before realizing she could look like a childish girl jumping up and down cause her friends were staying sleeping at her home. Just, it made her happy her companions choose to spend a bit of time with her.

"I mean, I'm really happy you are staying there. And a little while is better than nothing!" she reached to hug her friend "Thank you." she whispered softly, hoping only Rhys would heard that.

"Oh I know he really can't resist me!" she grinned teasingly and playful in answer to Rhys's last words about Jerik, winking at him when he came out of the bathroom.

Diamea still had to get some breakfast and her stomach seemed to remind her. As Rhystlin ask her about her whereabouts, she moved to the kitchen, starting to prepare something "Not much, I travelled a bit but I spent quite some time working on this." her hands moved to encompass all the room. "If you want to serve yourself..."

She didn't finish as Rhystlin asked about someone she... cared a lot for. Someone she wanted to see again badly but that was far away. "And about Mortimer..." she started, her cheeks warming up, only to be stopped by Freydis words and glance.

She couldn't but laugh at that raised eyebrow and that words "Well, I don't have brothers... I once had... a sister." her eyes got sad for just the quickiest of the moments "So Mortimer was... is... an associate of mine I spent... some time with." she smiled up to Freydis, knowing she was well blushed and that Rhys knew Mortimer had been something more than just an associate. Imagines of particular moments between them popped up in her mind, she wasn't able to hold them back. But they were good ones.

"I hope he is good, he had to go away so it's a bit... I don't see him." she said, looking down to her breakfast. She really hoped he was okay.

Secrets of Foresight

Old January 1, 2017, 04:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hero

Rhys chuckled at Diamea's enthusiasm. As hard as they all worked doing what they did, it was nice to see them relaxed and happy for once. It was a great juxtoposition to the solemn, nervous, pained looks she had often seen them plagued with in the field. As difficult as it was to switch from one situation to another, she felt obligated to allow them this small retreat. And anyway, who knew how many times they would all be together like this?

She settled herself in as Diamea spoke, and as Freydis went to help Diamea with whatever she was doing in the kitchen. She tilted her head at Diamea's ever-so-brief mention of a sister, brow lifting at how swiftly such a topic seemed to come and pass. She had not realized that Dia had a sister, but as pained as her voice was when she mentioned her, Rhys assumed it was not good to pry.

Still, the news of Mortimer's leaving seemed just as bad from the atmosphere that seemed to settle at the news. Sympathy welled up in Rhys, who had felt the pang of loss as well so many times before. Eras of watching people disappear from her life had cultivated a sense of wariness in her. Her mother had died, leaving a legacy in her wake that only served to remind her of the bright light others had experienced and she could not. Her father had come and gone, almost as much of a ghost as her mother was. Altair had loved her, and gods had she loved him.... but then he had gotten older, and older... and older. Eventually she had realized how painful it would be to watch him die as she lived on.

And Myach? Myach would be much the same. The only spark of love that remained to her, and surely that would leave her too. If she had been able to ignore the departure of those before him, this one would surely kill her.

And so she had buried herself in her work, had married herself to her causes. For her, the source of happiness was fleeting, and in time the ones who brought it to her would move on. It was easier to find solace in action, to find peace in places and achievements - to focus on allowing others the chance to live their lifetimes, rather than on how many she'd have to go through watching people come and go.

She offered a soft smile to Diamea, but before she could offer any words of comfort Freydis settled a hand on the woman's shoulder. "It's all right," Freydis said to her, "You have many brothers and sisters now. And for a 'little while', as the captain says, we're here with you, hm? Now cheer up, the both of you, before I have to force Jerik to dance again."
Old January 2, 2017, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea smiled at that chuckled, she knew she really looked like an overexcited teen but having her friends there for some time, without worrying of another mission to fight through, it felt... good. Being able to just relax withut worrying about the next fight.

She wasn't doing anything crazy, just warming up some milk and preparing some biscuits and bread with marmellade. She was getting her breakfast, as she did every morning, it was their fault if they appeared unannounced! So there wasn't much for the woman to do, but if she wanted to sarve herself, she should feel herself free to.

Her sister was a topic she never spoke about. It brought back too many memories from a time she felt long past. She could never forget her Mila, she never could, still she could try to forget the pain. The loss. Probably if Rhystlin asked more, she would have told about a bit more. The half elf was her friend, was one to which she felt to confide things about her she would hardly talk about.

And about Mortimer, she tried to not admit it, but she missed him. They had spent such wonderful moments togheter. She treasured that memories. They were as warm as he was against her back in the day. But he had to go... and she accepted it, even if with sadness.

She smiled softly back to Rhystlin, she felt her friend would understand much of what was left unsaid. But before any of the two could speak, Freydis settled her hand on her shoulder. Diamea looked up and couldn't but smile "Yeah..." she paused only for a moment, she was really glad for that, but they weren't Mila "Well, a little while is better than nothing, right?" she smiled up to the Vagaran, she really was happy to have them around. She shook her head "I fear of what could happen if you make him dance..." she giggled, beaming a wide smile to Jerik.

Secrets of Foresight

Old January 5, 2017, 07:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hero

"You should," Jerik said aloud to them from the other side of the room, words muffled by the apple he was chewing on.

Freydis laughed when Diamea did, ruffling her hair again. "How's the weather on the island?" the vagaran asked. "Seems warm for the season. It's ... strange. Snow and mountains keep you tough, you know?"

She was one to speak, the muscular woman being covered in scars and hardened to the colder climes. Rhys had often envied how the woman seemed to tolerate the snow more than she did. During their more treacherous hikes, the half elf would often have to bundle herself in plenty of furs, and even then her fingers were always frozen. Such thoughts inspired her next question.

"Where do you originally come from, Dia?" As she waited for an answer, she retrieved a piece of wood, her pocket knife to whittle with, and a piece of cloth to catch the shavings. "Is Demios where you were born?"
Old January 6, 2017, 11:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea let out a little moan at that ruffling, she couldn't say no to Freydis, still it made her hairs all dizzy and unruly. At the same time, it made her feel younger.

"Mmm... I know... but it's this way on Demios." the dark haired explained while eating her breakfast "It is always warm, during summer it even grows quite hot. But don't let be fooled, Demios can be pretty crazy: now might be warm, in a matter of hours it can turn icy cold."

She knew the Vagaran was used to more rigid weathers and a bit she envied her resistance to the cold. "I like some good cold, I like snow, but you know... relaxing in a warm weather isn't that bad." she smiled up to her "Not having the weight of heavy clothes on and just relax."

At Rhystlin question, she shook her head "I'm... not from Demios..." she paused for a moment, she hated the place she was born in. But it was more cause of the memories it carries than everything else. "I was born in Vortex." she said finally, with a soft breath.

She looked out of the wide window in the front of her home for a moment. She wasn't sure about what her eyes could betray of what she felt about Vortex. She turned back to the others "Then I moved to Sancta Nova and finally here. But what about you?" she asked, speaking of a bit everyone who wanted to answer.

Secrets of Foresight

Old January 6, 2017, 02:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hero

Freydis gave a scowl at the thought of Demios suddenly becoming icy cold. "Good thing I packed my warmer underthings," she remarked offhandedly before the conversation continued on.

Rhystlin appeared surprised that Diamea hailed from Vortex, but she offered the woman a soft smile upon realizing the claim did not seem a proud one. "So you're Arium-born, then. How about that!"

As Diamea seemed to address her question to the group, Jerik and Vincent made their way closer to the women. "I was actually born in the Refuge of Medonia somewhere. Don't remember it much. I was brought to Nexus Prime and mostly raised there."

"I'm from far up north," Freydis added, "but I wandered a long time before coming to Arium. Never been the settling type. That's alright though, given how much we seem to travel. Feels the same as its ever been when we're working."

Vincent grunted. "I'm actually from Eunesia, believe it or not."

"So that's where you get your sunny disposition?" Freydis snorted.

When a few faces looked expectantly at Jerik, he shrugged. "I'm from a no-name fishing village somewhere in Maeve," he said dismissively. "Got pulled into the xet invasion as a medic. Skills like that are needed in war. Been a combat medic ever since." He paused.

"Not like you come back from war ready to go back to being a small village man, you know?"
Old January 10, 2017, 03:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Luminary

Her claim wasn't indeed a proud one, she didn't love the city she was born in. Not with all that happened there. But at Rhystlin's words and soft smile, Diamea nodded softly "Yeah..."

"So an Arium-born by nature more than birthright." she smiled, without the least offensive intentions. She would be friend with each of them whatever their birthplace was.

"But far up north... there is the sea?" Diamea asked with a fake puzzled expression, looking at the map there was indeed sea north of them! "You're telling me you were born in the sea... how didn't you sink?" she asked with wide eyes. She was teasing the Vagaran woman, joiking on her size, but in her words there was no will to hurt at all.

"But it's better, since you travel with good grumpy people!" she exclaimed, before bursting out giggling silly. She blushed just a hint, the grumpy people were the man in the room and she knew she looked like a silly teenager.

"Eunesia... next year, party in your islands Vincent?" she asked, posing a bit and winking playfully at him.

Only one was missing and, as the others, she looked to Jerik "Well yours are indeed useful skills... you save lives... you saved us, it's better than just being back being a villager!" she smiled brightly, she just wanted to cheer him up, even if she knew it was pretty... hard.

Secrets of Foresight

Old January 25, 2017, 04:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hero

"Ah, silly girl!" Freydis huffed in mock (or was it mock?) surprise. "Northwest, funny one! the continent goes up thataway!" She pointed towards the back of the room, clearly at a loss.

Jerik sighed. "She can't read. Maps included."

Freydis growled at the medic. "You're not as cute as little Di when you're trying to be funny. Maybe you should try wearing a dress the next time you make a joke."

Rhystlin laughed nervously and held up her arms as if to separate the two. Bickering was not unheard of between them, and sometimes the bickering came close to Jerik having a black eye or two. Not that it had happened.. yet.

Vincent chuckled, veering the conversation back to Diamea. [b]"Eunesia prefers to have its own parties. Maybe as soon as they open their doors again, we'll have a visit there."

Finally, when Diamea spoke to Jerik again, Freydis gave Jerik a soft punch in the shoulder, causing him to grunt and stumble back a little.

"Remember, we've saved him a time or two. Pretty sure he scowled then, too. He was born with a scowl on his face."
Old January 27, 2017, 12:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea giggled as her friend was a bit lost, clearly geography wasn't her best. But everyone had something he or she wasn't good at. Diamea too. "I see..." she smiled up to the Vagaran woman.

As she growled tough, she tensed up, she didn't want things to end up in a brawl. Sometimes bar brawls could be funny but she wasn't sure today it would be so. They were there to relax and have fun, not to let bickering end in a pointless fight. And Jerik wearing a dress... thank you but no? But it would indeed help the laughters.

"I would love to!" she smiled to Vincent "I'm sure is a nice place!"

At Freydis words, she couldn't but giggle as she tried to imagine a baby Jerik with a scowl on his face. Well... it was funny!

By this time she had finished her breakfast and made sure everything was cleaned up and back into its place. She turned back to the others, leaning against the sink and watching at each of them. "So this evening we party hard?" she asked with a grin, trying to cheer the situation up.

Secrets of Foresight

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: