Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Refuge of Medonia

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old June 20, 2018, 07:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Wealth Tier: Steel
Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero

[Medonia] My Body's Talking to me, It says "Time for Danger"

Spring, Era XXV
Medonia

After having spent a few cycles within the city walls of Medonia, Tali realized that this was her kind of place. The roads that flowed throughout were nearing the level of a labyrinth which was perfect to try and duck out of sight should her pursuer draw near. If she was honest with herself, however, it was less that and more the beautiful architecture of the city itself.

Even the parts of it that laid in ruin or were slowly attempting a rise from the grave were consumed by nature. It was quite a sight, even if perhaps a bit of a sad one in certain areas. Yet it seemed as though the people lived their lives like nothing was wrong with their stunning city which was always a pleasant surprise. To her, it meant the population were strong and worth a few pokes around in search of some way that she could help.

Granted, her version of helping was a bit different than others. Therefore, instead of finding leadership, the elfess made her way into a random tavern for a drink and some friendly conversation with the bartender. One would be quite amazed the things they could learn just by talking to someone who interacts with all sorts of people.

With Niko sleeping soundly in his pouch, the auburn-haired woman took a seat along the bartop and flashed the bartender a warm smile. "Vedui. I'll have an ale, please." Depending on the general demeanor and vibe she got, that would determine if this place was worth trying to get the scoop or not.

Posting Status: Within (2) weeks - please message if it goes beyond [02/05/19]

CIR | SoF | Peer Mod Desk

Last edited by Talindra Koranthil; July 12, 2018 at 05:09 PM.
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2018, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

It was sad to see that Medonia had yet to fully recover, so many years after it had been razed by the Xet Alliance. Granted, the utter scale of the devastation that had been wrought by the insectoid species was unlike anything that the Empire had really ever seen - there were many areas of the Empire yet that still held the deep scars of the war. Of the areas that had not simply seen outright devastation in face of the Black Fog, however, Medonia was easily the hardest hit out of all of them. The city had the bad luck of surviving a previous Xet incursion. It seemed this time right, there had been a bit of a vendetta in play, and the Xet had focused more resources on ensuring that this time the job was done thoroughly.

There were many areas of the city yet that were still in utter ruin. And yet, life went on. People continued to try and rebuild their shattered lives. There wasn't much else that could be done, after all, complaining wouldn't get them anywhere. What was needed was rebuilt, everything else was merely a nicety. Essentials and needs, that was what was important. There really weren't any luxuries for luxuries and wants at the moment.

Alcohol, it seemed, was definitely a necessity. The humble tavern was always going to be present, if only so the citizenry had a place to congregate and drink their problems away. Although the one that Talindra was in didn't really seem to be such a sullen place. It didn't seem different from any other such place in the Empire, just as much a place for people to gather and socialize as it was to get drunk on alcohol.

The bartender nodded and got Talindra her order, and before long she had a nice glass of ale to sip at. Decent enough place, from the look of it.

Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2018, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero

There was something about the city of Medonia that reminded her of herself. Knocked down to near death, but still fighting to survive and build back up. It was inspiring, if she were honest and brought a confidence to her frame as she went into the tavern. As usual, her paranoia began to creep in and try to knock it all down but she tried to ignore it as she moved in toward the bar.

If she were to handle this right and get a decent mission, she had to come off as someone who could get the job done. Not too much, of course, for she didn't want to appear cocky or anything like that. It was all about the perfect balance mixed in with a hint of kindness.

Alcohol helped too.

"Thanks," she replied with a smile upon accepting the tankard. "Busy this darkening? Or do you have a bit of time for some casual conversation with a stranger?" As she asked, her thin frame scooted closer to the counter. Due to the raven blouse that she had on, a bit of cleavage fell out for the bartender's gaze to feast upon. A bit of teasing never hurt the situation, she found.

Old June 24, 2018, 03:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

"Never busy enough around here," the barkeep noted, idly wiping down a glass and paying more attention to that then Talindra's cleavage. Maybe he just didn't notice, maybe he was too used to women trying to score free drinks. "What you need to know?"

Nobody ever asked a bartender for idle chitchat these days, it seemed. Everybody wanted to know something.

Old June 26, 2018, 03:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Hmm, this one was either different or used to that technique. Somehow, that was a bit of a comfort rather than an annoyance. She cleared her throat, acting as if the blouse drop was a mistake as she quickly corrected it before taking a few sips from her tankard. "I was mostly curious as to if there were any interesting stories that you've heard as of late. Or if, perhaps, you are in need of acquiring something?"

"However," she slipped another few coins while offering up a small smile, "I wouldn't mind perhaps offering to buy you a drink and hear how your day's been going? I'm in no hurry and I would prefer not to be an arse and just ask you for information before being on my way." A pause before the elfess quickly added, "if that's alright, I mean."

Awkward attempt at conversation for the win!

Old June 26, 2018, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Foreboden!

So awkward.

"So you're looking for work, then," the barkeep noted, latching mostly onto the second of Talindra's requests that she had made. Work of a particular variety, hm? There were people who 'acquired' things like debt collectors, and then there were people who 'acquired' things like thieves. And Talindra didn't look much like a debt collector sort.

Frankly, the barkeep didn't much feel like talking about his day with a random stranger he didn't know. So he just politely waved off her offer and talked instead about her original requests. "Not much that seems to go on around here these days. Just not as many people as there used to be. But, uh... used to be a lot of nobility around these parts. Lot of them lost a lot when Medonia fell. And they still don't like each other. Might be willing to hire a third party to make life harder on their rivals."

Those coins she'd put down would be scooped up. Not for drinks, but for information. That was how things worked.

Old June 30, 2018, 03:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Well, one couldn't say that Tali didn't try and be a social companion. At the very least, however, the bartender seemed to silently appreciate the sentiment despite not giving it any further response. She took a sip of her drink as he spoke of nobility in the area seeking to make life harder for others. While she wasn't interested in getting between nobles, due mostly to the political complications, it sounded as if she had little choice.

Ah, so information for coin, eh? A few more appeared on the counter, along with a smile spread across her pale features. "Where can I find a noble interested in such services?"

Old July 2, 2018, 10:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"You wouldn't. Only time nobles like interacting with those of us down here in the dirt," bit of an indignant sniff at that one, "is when they find a whore they particularly like. No, you want somebody who can put you in touch with such a noble."

Middlemen.

"Some might frequent this establishment. House has a finder's fee, though." More or less, it was the same as always. Palms needed to be greased in order to make progress.

Old July 6, 2018, 02:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Yeah, Tali really wasn't up for acting like she was someone else's property just for the sake of a contract. In truth, she was starting to lean toward the idea of searching elsewhere for just getting a bit of information here was costing a pretty copper sword. However, the idea of playing with nobles had the chance of paying her back what she was giving up and then some so she slid another handful across the counter.

Who could she offer a free drink to get a contract around here?

Old July 6, 2018, 10:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Foreboden!

The barkeep hadn't been kidding when he'd mentioned the whores around here.

The Enamorian nobles had always had a reputation for being decadent and depraved. There were probably more than a few bastards running around that had been squeezed out from between the legs of some whore, never knowing that they technically had the blood of nobility running through their veins. Not that it'd do them much good now, most of them, considering much of the nobility and their assets had been wiped out by the Xet - but it was the principle of the thing.

One of the barmaids? They were pointed out to Talindra. A pretty little thing, young, energetic, coyly innocent. A little pudgy, maybe, but in all the right places - or at least, that's what her lovers seemed to think. She might be able to introduce Talindra to somebody who needed a job done. Although a free drink probably wasn't the right way to do it.

Old July 12, 2018, 03:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Of course it was a female. Someone that wasn't easily convinced by a drink or a pretty smile, a few of the things that the elfess had learned over the past few months. The whole situation was turning into quite the learning experience, but she supposed it wasn't stalled any longer like it had been with the barkeep who it felt like was trying to eat up all of her coin. Well, with her own tankard in hand, it was off to greet the woman.

How best to approach this? As if Tali was seeking friendship? Or just being a kind and pleasant patron with a bit of a secret interest? Would it be wise to mention her exact line of work or wait until she was actually meeting with the person of interest? So many questions and such little time for an individual could only move so slow without seeming to cause trouble or raise alarm to those around them.

In the length it took for her to reach the young woman, a few had been answered but not enough. Time to wing it, Tali supposed! Flash a warm smile, maintain a calm and composed frame. Aaand...

"Vedui, madame. Would it be alright if I stole a moment of your time?" Eeeh, not as smooth as she would have liked, but it would suffice. Perhaps the offering of a jingle from her pouch could assist in her point coming across a bit more clearly.

Old July 13, 2018, 03:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"Sure, watcha need?" came the response, the waitress putting on a nice smile, turning to face Talindra. She hadn't been too busy with anything so it wasn't as if Talindra was really bothering her while she was in the middle of something - just wandering around, seeing if people needed refills, that sort of thing.

Old July 17, 2018, 09:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Hm, so far so good! That was always a nice sign.

The question now became how to proceed for the situation that she found herself in was a tad bit delicate. One couldn't simply be blunt and say, 'hey there! I'm a thief and I want to steal something. Can you help me out?' Yeah. Tali had a bit more grace than to say something like that, or at least she hoped as much. In the time that her mind took to conjure up a proper response, she nursed her tankard. Might as well look like she wasn't stalling, right? Added to the overall 'confidence' that she was trying to exude.

Not really working when one finds it difficult to remove the tension from her frail shoulders.

"I was speaking with the bartender just a moment ago, and he informed me that you're the sort of person I would need to speak to regarding a personal matter. I seek a noble, one with a grudge of some sort or in need of something being taken care of. In exchange for coin, of course." Speaking of- slide a bit on the table as incentive for the request that was out in the open now. Perhaps not the most elegant wording that she had ever managed to slap together, but things were sort of just moving along without much planning involved.

Old July 18, 2018, 10:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Was Talindra trying to finish off her drink so that she could order another one? It seemed like it would have been more prudent to do that before flagging down the waitress.

Oh, hm, it was something else, was it?

The coin was picked up, and the waitress was still all smiles. Talindra probably could have been more subtle about it, all in all the woman was still a touch irritated with this stranger, but business was business, one way or another. Plus, nothing helped salve irritation like coin.

"We'll talk when my shift's over." It was as simple as that. Couldn't shirk responsibility, after all! "You're in luck, that's soon. Shall I meet you at the bar when it's time?"

Old July 23, 2018, 10:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

There was still a bit of tension between the pair which meant her subtlety had much to be desired. However, the coin seemed to settle things enough to where she was able to advance in her line of inquiry. She offered up a simple nod, setting the tankard down on the table so that her smile remained visible. "That would be wonderful, thank you. I'm not on any sort of time restraint so whenever is convenient for you is fine with me." After all, the woman had to be hungry after her shift! Tali didn't want to be the sort of person to deprive anyone of their right for relaxation after a long day of work.

Her kindness and overall attempt at confidence was hopefully enough to allow her leave from the tavern with a contract in hand - so to speak.

Time to wait! Continue nursing the drink and perhaps doodle a bit in her journal to pass the time~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: