Old October 16, 2017, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Notable

Isabelle Sophie is unknown and forgotten
Hand Mirror [Medonia] Maison de Sophia

Located in the docks, very close to the seas, stood a plain stone house. It looked much like the houses around the area, except it was much cleaner and many seashells decorated the exterior. There were two signs on this house. The obvious one was a wooden board with the words “Maison de Sophia”, hanging over the top of the door. The other sign was less obvious, looked more like a scratch mark, at the right door frame. It was a Cadre’s sign that meant ‘Under Protection’.

The house interior was nothing special. 40 square feet divided into two rooms. A living room with a table, a few stools, a potted plant, a cupboard and a lot of open place. A kitchen with a stove and another cupboard. That was it. A simple house. Nothing fancy.

There was a secret to this place. By shifting away a floorboard where the potted plant stood, it revealed another room. One that was fully underwater. This place was one big room. Two double beds, a few stone chests neatly set at one corner, several pots of sea plants, a bookcase, a cupboard and a worktable filled the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of Character
This is the Home of Julika and Isabelle.

How to use this place.
- Make sure all your initial posts here are timestamped.
- If you need to send me any letter, send it here.
- Players may look for me here. Good chance I might just be sitting outside the door, people watching, during morning time. If we end up doing more than talking, we can start another thread from here.
Old October 18, 2017, 12:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Illana Jidiao is an upstanding Citizen
Timestam : Late Ponutis 4th week Ioannolia XXV

Illana had spent the better part of Ioannes poking her nose around the city of Medonia. She'd met more than a few new people around the ruined city and through a rather peculiar set of circumstances, had found her way to this quaint seaside home. She'd seen a young Mer on occasion and after a bit of poking around, she found someone who knew the woman.

In fact, most of the people she inquired with, didn't know she was a Mer. Illana only happened to notice the woman's scales while she was darting through a crowd. The light glinted off something, casting a faint light on the woman's gleaming scales well hidden beneath large grey cloak. Before she'd managed a second look, the Mer had dissipated.

You can only imagine how difficult it was to find someone based only on the description of "She's about this tall and wears an oversized grey cloak.". To say the least, she found herself at several homes without the slightest sign of a Mer. But it seemed, today, she was in luck. This seaside home was exactly what she pictured a secretive Mer might take for a residence.

She approached the home with the quick, confident step of a dancer. Sure footed and ever curious, she quickly found herself at the door giving several brisk knocks.

Last edited by Illana Jidiao; March 16, 2018 at 09:31 AM.
Illana Jidiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2017, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Notable

Isabelle was surprised anyone would knock on her door. It was not that nobody knocked on her door, but everyone who came to the door knocked with a certain rhythm. She was glad she had not return back into the water yet. She replaced floor board and the potted plant carefully, threw a basic green shawl over herself and opened the door.

“Serale. How may I help you?” She asked when she saw another woman in front of her. A confident looking woman. She wondered if her cousin had sent the woman here to train her or her mother needed this person for something else.
Old October 23, 2017, 04:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Adventurer

Illana's bright smile greeted the woman, a look of satisfaction glinting in her eyes. Several brightings of searching finally rewarded with the sight of this young Mer. "Serale.I'm Illana. I've never actually met your kind, and I'm impossibly nosy. I saw you several brightings ago and wanted to see if you would be my friend." Despite the mouthful, her words were warm with the general tempo of someone who liked talking with people.

With a moments hesitation, "Although, you may prefer to begin as acquaintances... or we could just enjoy a drink together." Her pale completion didn't have the slightest hint of shame as she pulled out a bottle of a rather common, but fragrant wine.
Old October 23, 2017, 10:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Notable

“Serale Ilana. I am known as Isabelle.” Isabelle introduced herself, not taking any offence at Ilana’s nosiness. She was a bit of a busybody herself, so she understood. “A social visit then?.”

She saw the bottle of wine and grew excited. She was not allowed to take wine except on special occasion as alcohol make swimming much harder at greater depth. It was also very drying for the skin. “Well, since you brought a gift, it would be rude for me to chase you away. Do come in.”

“So, what do you do around here Illana?” She asked as she took out two clean and placed them on the table. “I hope normal cups are alright. I know some people cannot drink wine without wine glass.”
Old October 26, 2017, 10:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Steel
Alphonsus is a benevolent Adventurer

The Month: Ulyris
The Season: Summer
The Era: XXIV Post Fractum

Alphonsus had recently took on the mantle of a performer, a facilitator, and a teacher in the La'tame Nightingale Conservatory, or whatever the name would be. He had heard of rumors of two Mers living around town in the dock district. Mers interest the elf. They could swim to places where no one could go and knew things most did not. In any case, as a bard whose ultimate goal was to gather knowledge around the world, getting to know a Mer would contribute to his plan.

The elf searched the docks early in the brightening, looking around for any mers. He had his usual equipment on him. A case with a harp, a flute, a sword at his back, his backpack filled with things, and a crossbow hanging on his waist.

Looking around, he noticed someone with elfin looks, but also with scales. He made his way over with a bright smile. "Serale. My name is Alphonsus, quite new to this town. I have heard of a mer is in town, and truth me told, I have spoken to several mers in my life and found all of them to be a friendly people. It would be an honor to meet you and to call you my friend."

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Posting Status: Caught Up, Hopefully
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2017, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Notable

For Alphonsus

Isabelle was people watching as usual and saw an adventuring elf walking in her direction. This was a common thing for her. Adventurers were always interested in knowing what she was and why was she doing here. The elf spoke courtesiously, she gave him that.

"Serale. I am Isabelle," She replied. "You speak directly. So, I will too. So, what brings you to Medonia?"
Old October 26, 2017, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mythic

"Well met then Isabelle! I had initially came to Medonia to see what the ravages of the war, but as fate has it, I am now working to bring back culture into this city. I am a trained bard, if you can't tell by my attire." Alphonsus grinned after speaking and swept his hand towards the sea. "What do you do around here then? Not to say all dwarves brew beers or all kattas climb trees, but do your work have anything to do with the sea?"

If Isabelle seem to take offence, Alphonsus quickly interrupted. "Ahhh, like I said, I'm a bard, and the sea often give me inspiration. I was hoping you could tell me a little about the sea in your view, but only if you want to."

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old October 27, 2017, 11:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Notable

Isabelle was a little put off by the stereotyping, but she was used to it. At least there was a reason why Alphonsus had hoped her work was related to the sea.

“I have no work right now.” She said, hiding the fact she was helping an underwater farm. “Most of the time, I do what I can in town, then dive into the water with this trident to spear fishes to eat or sell. In other times, I just help my mother make these.”

She shook a small ball and it began glowing.

“We try not to light any fire if needed.“ She explained. Her eyes roved to the crossbow hanging on Alphonsus. “Fishing would be way easier if I have one of those contraction there.”
Old October 27, 2017, 01:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mythic

The glowing ball was interesting. Alphonsus heard that most magical items required some sort of key phrase to activate it. He wondered if this was an alchemist made item. It was possible. "Your glowing ball. It is truly a wonder. What is the principle behind it. I wonder if you are selling them or maybe you can make a few for me. In return, I could teach you how to use a crossbow, although on land only. I doubt I can stay underwater long enough to teach you."

"If you are interested, I can even purchase a crossbow for you if you find you like it."

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old October 29, 2017, 04:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Notable

"That will be good. I can make you a ball of light. I need a few days to prepare. If you can meet me here a few days time at this hour, that will be great!" Isabelle said.

"If you have nothing on today, could you teach me how to shoot a crossbow now?" She said excited about learning something useful.

OOC: Meet me here: [Medonia] I see the light
Please post up the link to the crossbow training too.
Old October 29, 2017, 05:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Adventurer

Illana followed the Mer into her home brandishing her gift with a smile. At least it got her through the door. Things were already going better than expected.

"I'd take it straight from the bottle if that were the only way to have it." She filled the cups leaving the bottle ready for second servings if either of them chose to get cozy.

"I dance mostly; though, my employer recently had me perform in a play." She made a face as she mentioned the play. "But I guess I can't be too picky. I simply get payed per performance, so I'm whatever he needs at the time." She shrugged her shoulders with a smile. "Other than that, I'm a permanent fixture in the temporary shelters area making sure people are comfortable while they are waiting for their homes to be built."

"What about you? What brings a Mer to land?"
Old October 29, 2017, 06:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mythic

Alphonsus smiled at the eagerness of the Mer. "I should have guessed making something like a ball of light was not going to be an easy task. Learning a crossbow, however... We can do it this brightening. Prepare what you need to bring. I know of another mer who carries a barrel of water when he goes inland. Fear not, I will not go so far. I will meet you outside the city, near the beach area? I will get another crossbow for you."

If she was agreeable, he headed off. While she might be able to take the shortcut, swimming there. He had to navigate through the streets to get outside, then walk along the walls to get there. No matter, Alphonsus was glad to meet a new friend this brightening.

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old October 31, 2017, 10:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Notable

For Ilana

“You dance? I love dancing, though only in the waters. I have two left feet on land.” Isabelle laughed at her clumsiness on land. “The weird thing is, I stay on land more than half my life.”

She took a small sip of the drink and savoured it. She began her story. “In truth, I never really stayed underwater more than a cycle at any one time. I spent most of my time on land. Not sure why my mother insisted it, though I like it, spending time with my father cultivating his land.”
Old November 3, 2017, 09:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Adventurer

Illana was about to mention something about dancing when she heard Isabelle's next statement. "I guess that means you can take the girl out of the water but you can't take the water out of the girl." She chuckled as she continued to listen. In her experience, parents always had reasons for things, but it wasn't her place to push into that aspect of her life.

"Do you farm?" Illana became excited. "This is the first time I've ever planed on being in one spot for longer than a season. I've been thinking of growing a few things."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: