Old September 16, 2017, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Illana Jidiao is an upstanding Citizen
[Medonia] Nature Tune HQ (Alphonsus)

Early Ioannes

Secrets :
The house was one that had the look of one that someone of some renown would be able to afford. The wrought iron gates would open up to a short, cobbled pathway that was wide enough for two carriages to pass side by side. The pathway led to a set of wide, marble steps, with carved stone images of a nightingale either side. The steps would lead to a pair of oak doors. The building itself was reasonably large from the front, with seven windows on the ground floor, and eight windows on the first floor. How far the building went back was not discernible from the viewpoint of the gate. When the bell was rang, out stepped a tower of a male, with an ashen grey looking skin, greying hair, but extremely well dressed.

From the looks of things the male, human in looks, was at least seven feet tall. He walked with a purpose down the cobbled pathway, polished black shoes making loud steps as he approached the gates.

The young human girl had only recently come to Medonia through seemingly random happenstance; however, she didn't believe in such things. Her travel with the Airíriela lead her to believe Medonia was the place worthy of re-building. Not to mention if she got in early enough, she could help mold its re-birth, but that was putting the cart before the horse.

One step at a time. She told herself as she approached the iron gates. The place was more like a palace when compared to the life of those on the road! She couldn't imagine the type of people who would occupy this stone prison.

"Good brighting." She addressed the ashen older gentleman. He towered above her, his crisp dress and finely polished shoes already making her uncomfortable. She was used to the dust of the road settled on her open sandals and the in-restricting garments of her people. This man was far too ridged for her taists, but she knew what she was trading in when she chose to come to Medonia.

"I've heard there is work to be had here for performers." She smiled with ease. Though she was young, she had dealt with stuffy old men before... not that this man seemed to be in need of being dealt with.
Illana Jidiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2017, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Legend

Wealth Tier: Steel
Alphonsus is an upstanding Citizen

The man was known as Terrence, the head butler of this place. He opened the door looked straight out and pretended not to notice the girl standing before him. It was a joke he played every so often and made what amounted to a small change on his dower looking face, what amounted to a straightening of his lips,not into a smile though, for that would be too far out of character. When the girl spoke, he pretended to jump back in shock at seeing someone in front of him. It was all a bit of fun

”You are here to perform. Welcome to the Nightingales Conservatory of La'Tame.” The deep bass voice, monotonous in tone, welcomed Alphonsus, about as welcoming as a zombie, with its arms open, would welcome a warm hug from a human. ”Follow me.“

Without further ado, the butler turned and walked back into the house, expecting Illana to follow. They passed through a long corridor and came to stop in front of a decorated double door. He opened it to reveal the room. The room which was more a performance hall had a couple of rows of five seats, plush red coverings again with gold embroidery on them. The seats were positioned in front of a semi circular platform, that had a small set of three steps to climb to reach the performance area. The platform was backed by a sweeping curved staircase that started above the platform, sweeping down to stage left and right. At the top of the staircase could be seen a couple of statues of ladies, scantily clad in draped sheer cloth that left nothing to the imagination. The landing area leading to two balconies over looking the performance area.

On the stage there was a lone elf strumming and singing on a beautiful purple wood harp.
”"The nightingale, though was far away,
the spring lures her back;
she has learned nothing new,
she sings the old, well-loved songs."”

”You want to talk to him, Miss. He is Alphonsus, coordinator and head of the house.” The butler said and left the room, gently closing the door.

The elf looked up after his song, noticed a young lady standing by the doorway and beckoned her over. ”Serale my lady! My name is Alphonsus. I am guessing thou hast something that I can do for thee. Please come forward.“

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Posting Status: Catching Up
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2017, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Adventurer

For a moment, Illana thought the butler was simply too tall and empty headed to look down to see her. When he finally jumped at her introduction, a broad smile swept across her young face. [I]Serves you right.[//I] the girl thought as she stepped uncomfortably close to the man to follow him through this massive structure.

In all her brightings, she had never entered such a building, even as a child when she lived among civilized people. It made her feel uneasy hearing their footsteps echo through the long hall.

At the sight of the ornate double doors, Illana's breath caught at the sight and upon entering she almost forgot to breath. The crowns it would have taken to build such a performance hall were far beyond anything she could fathom, just who was this illustrious backer. She should have done more of an investigation into this place before brashly throwing herself into the mix of things.

Although she remained uncomfortably close to the butler, she barely noticed his words. It was only when he started moving away from her person that she realized what he had said. "Thank you sir." She stepped out of his way, smiling after his clean exit. She vaguely wondered about his person before her attention forcefully pulled its way back to the singer.

It wasn't long before he finished his verse and she couldn't help but clap with pleasure. The Air'riela had many singers among them, but this elf was extraordinary, even to her slightly picky ears. "That was beautiful." Her wide smile held her adoration for the man.

"Sereal Alphonsus." She tested the mans name as she adjusted to his flowery speech pattern. "Your guess would be correct" She approached the man with ease as she continued. "I am Illana. I've heard you are seeking performers. Though I can't sing, I grew up among the Air'riela and have spent my youth dancing with them. Would you have employment for me?" She felt it was better to take the bull by the horns.
Old September 19, 2017, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Legend

"An Air'riela!" Alphonsus clapped his hands once. He had known a few Air'riela in his times and grown close to one for a month before she had to continue her journey.

"Forgive my outburst, Illana, I have always found Air'riela good company, especially when singing and dancing is involved. And yes, thy information is correct, I am looking for performers, to sing and dance, to bring life once again to this empty halls and possibly, even to the entire city of Medonia.' Alphonsus exclaimed in a breath.

"One good news for thee, Illana. The opening show wouldst be done be thee and four others who had spoken to me in the last few suns, but before such decision is made, there are two things we must do. The first is to see how well is thy dancing. The second is to see what thou expect from me. Let's start with the first, give me the rhythm and the stage is thine."

Alphonsus stood to one side with his harp in hand. He smiled and waited.

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old September 19, 2017, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Adventurer

"I admire your ambitions Alphonsus and I hope I don't disappoint." She said with a flashing smile in reference to not only good company but in her performance.

Without hesitation she made her way up the stairs to the stage, her beaded anklet softly clinking with each step. Already, a steady rhythm guided her. "I assume you have an idea of what we typically dance to." She began a steady clap of her hands and clicked her beaded foot in a counterbeat till the elf took the rhythm over with his own masterful melody.

Rather than stopping her measured instruction, it transformed into a swell of energy moving from her hands through her body, swaying with each measure till she understood its meaning to her. She knelt to the floor as she swayed, allowing the music to guide her. Her arms wrapped themselves around her body, floating skyward and back with the music.

As the refrain stepped up the tempo, she found herself on her feet, planting her left foot harder against the beat allowing for the soft clink of her anklet to echo the lovely melody. She pulled the colorfully woven top layer of her skirt to and fro half depicting a majestic winged creature bound to the enchanting music.

She followed the cadence through its paces, allowing her body to reflect the mesmerized feelings of her heart. With each turn, she flew climbed with the music at an almost dizzying pace before she suddenly stopped.

"Have you seen enough?" Her voice caught in her through as heart raced with the suddenly cut from that enslaving music. She loved and hated how captivated she became once giving herself to the music. She knew, to an extent, what others saw when she danced. She was told her movements were too wiled without restraint and refinement, but how could she control how the music made her feel? All she could do was hope this elf saw something acceptable and worthy of employment.
Old September 20, 2017, 05:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Legend

After Illana had finished her performance, Alphonsus allowed his finger to trill over the string of the harp for a while more before walking over in a straight face. "I have seen worst."

A great smile quickly broke into his face after his own comment. "Although I do freely admit I have not seen many better dancer than thee. Thy dance is so unrestraint, surrendering thyself to the music without care. That is always a plus point in my view."

"Now to the most hated second part," his smile faded slightly. This was the part known as administration. He didn't actually minded doing administrative work, but it didn't mean he like to do it.

"It is my thoughts to offer all my musicians and performers two payment schemes." He whined a little at the word scheme. It sounded so evil. "The first is fix payment, at the start of every cycle, we will pay thee. Thou must give 2 cycle notice before leaving our employment and perform in every performance we schedule thee into. We will also provide thee with a place of stay if thou art hast the need of one." He then quoted her a pay that was within the Sterling Wealth Level.

"The second, is what I personally prefer as a performer, is based on performance. Thy pay will be based on the takings of the entire darkening. After paying off the performance overhead, including those who requested for fix pay, we will take out half of what remained, or profits for the performance hall as one might call it, and share it amongst all who choose this option." He paused, looked at his new performer and continued. "I cannot guarantee you will earn more than the first option in the beginning, but I can guarantee that I will do my very best to host at least 1 performance every cycle, 2 if I have make it happen."

The second option would very likely end up paying less than the fix pay option, especially if she also needed to place to stay. That would counted into the overheads. Thinking long term however, it might turn out to be a better option. What Alphonsus had not informed, he was only giving this option to the pioneer batches and future performers that proved to be very good.

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old September 20, 2017, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Adventurer

With Alphonsus' first words, Illana's heart stopped; though, his next words gave her the courage to resuscitate herself. "Now you are just flattering me to get on my good side." She quipped with a smile. But he had done his job well and she was at ease once again. Over time, she might live up to such praise, but for now, she well knew her dancing was far from that of her Dajmother or many others she had grown up admiring.

She listened to the options given and thought them over. The first seemed more contractual and binding, keeping her under restriction. It was a decent living, very dependable, but it also meant she was dependent upon it. The second seemed more liberal, only getting coin for those performances she did rather than being under contract to perform every cycle. She was sure the pay would be unsteady and even no-existent for the time being, but it would give her the freedom to miss on occasion without repercussion.

Not only would the later option be less restraining, but it would be a good motivation to actually help the ruins of Medonia retune to the state of a thriving city. With that thought, she knew her answer.

"Both are generous offers, but I would prefer the second. Also granting me the occasion to depart for a cycle or two if personal matters arise." She wasn't quite sure what those personal maters might be, but she disliked painting herself into a corner.
Old September 20, 2017, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Legend

From Illana's words, Alphonsus gathered that her decision was based more on personal matters than the possibility earnings in the future. For Alphonsus, it did not matter either way. "Doth let me know if thou art hast any reason to depart. It would be funny if on thy returned, a missing report with thy face is pasted on every nook and cranny."

"I have my doubt that thou art hast made accommodations in Medonia. If it pleases thee, I could offer a room within this place, but thou have to share the room with a companion, another performer." Alphonsus said. "Otherwise, thou can seek accommodation in the meantime while I draft out the required documents."

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old September 20, 2017, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Adventurer

Illana laughed at the thought. "I don't know. That sounds like it could be fun." She winked at the elf mischievously. If anything, she'd thought she might not be allowed to perform again as punishment for leaving them down an act, but she had no intention of doing such a thing, even for the entertainment value. "I promise, you'll know in advance if I plan on missing a performance. As for accommodations. I have a small Bender tent that I am accustom to. Although, I have yet to find a permeate site for its setup. Do you have any available space for it or a suggested location?"

Thus far, she had her Bender set up along the outskirts of Medonia. No one had yet to complain, but she was sure setting up a permeate residence wouldn't be appreciated by anyone in the area. The law was sure to evict her for squatting on someone else's land.
Old September 21, 2017, 06:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Legend

Alphonsus shook his head, a little in horror. "That is truly not fun. Medonia is much bigger than the city I hailed from last time, and the search was horrible. Sleepless darkening."

Returning to his former composure, a smile returned to his face. "I pray thy words are meant as a joke, for theoretically, it is funny to see people rushing aimlessly to look for a missing person who is not really missing."

"If thou art prefer a tent, as I understand many Air'riela do, I would suggest a tent behind the constabulary where I work. It is currently an empty courtyard not meant for anything. I believe there is a site on the other side of town where many people set up tents while waiting for the houses to be rebuilt. In the meantime, the decision is thine. The courtyard, the general campsite or a room in this house. Thou art canst gather your things and return."

If she had no question and left to collect the place, Alphonsus began the preparatory work. The butler would bring her to back to the performance hall where Alphonsus greeted her, requested for her imperial visa and passed her a piece of papers and a quill. The paper was a simple contract, telling her exactly what Alphonsus had said. There was a place to fill up her name, her visa number and her signature.

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old September 21, 2017, 02:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Adventurer

She shrugged at the mention of purposefully being lost, as not being funny. The latter part of his statement confused her a bit. "What search are you referencing?" Illana had nowhere else to be and didn't mind getting to know her new employer a little better. His speech was rather odd, but overall it wasn't too hard to follow. His hummer, on the other hand, seemed obsolete; though, she assumed it was the trait of elves. She'd not spent much time around their race... or any other for that matter.

As the conversation flowed, Illana pondered the options given. Behind the constabulary where I work... It wouldn't have been her first choice, to live in the every watchful eye of the law; though, if Alphonsus was the law, maybe it wouldn't be too bad. At least anyone with qualms with the Air'riela would be happy, and she'd have ample time to pester the poor elf while he worked.

The general campsite would be bustling with activity with new and exciting people with each day awaiting their new homes. Not only would she have the opportunity to mingle with the people of Medonia, but she would be able to engrain herself among them to learn their hopes and desires for their once great city. With that thought, the decision was simple. "I'll settle into the general campsite. Thank you for the suggestion."

As she made her decision, she gathered the things she had absentmindedly deposited near the foot of the stage. "Is there anything else I might be able to help with in regards to this school?" She asked over her shoulder. "Or with anything else?" She added as an afterthought.

Throughout their discussion, Illana willingly gave forth her imperial visa for Alphonsus to complete his the contract which she gladly reviewed, completed, and returned.
Old September 21, 2017, 02:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Legend

The search for the silly man who decided to leave town for three brightenings without informing. Alphonsus explained.

The location chosen by Illana was to be expected. A constabulary was not the best place to go near, and most people would rather not step foot into one if possible. He did not comment on her choice of residence.

"As to how thou could help the school, we can talk more three brightenings later, after our debut performance." He informed.

After she had gathered all her things, he took the visa to help fill most of the form. She filled the rest herself and once it was signed, Alphonsus took the piece of parchment, and looked at Illana with an evil mad look. All he needed was just lightning bolts flashing behind him to complete the effects of Jorel's appearance! He spoke in a hollow voice. "Muahahaha! Thou art now mine!"

He allowed his performance a few moments to pass through Illana's mind before speaking normally again. "Was I a convincing Jorel or a spawn of his? I am writing a play along that line." He waited for her comment.

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old September 21, 2017, 03:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Adventurer

Illana nodded at his postponing remark and immediately wondered at what spectators might appear in such a ruined city. His reaction to the completed paperwork; however, was far from expectation. She snatched at the binding contract she just signed, hoping she had not miss-read or miss-interpreted the thing. Before she could figure out exactly what had happened, the elf broke into normal speech. "Quite so." She gave a broad smile. Maybe he did posses a sense of hummer after all. She mused to herself.

"You seem to possess quite a few talents." She doted. Bard, playwright, and actor seemed well set on this elf. "I'll be anxiously awaiting this play of yours. Although, I'm not familiar with this Jorel" Maybe she should be ashamed to say such a thing, but her upbringing could be an easy excuse for such matters... Not that she really cared.
Old September 21, 2017, 03:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Legend

Alphonsus assumed a far away look after her comment and about Jorel. Then he began to speak, or more like, narrate. "Jorel is the malevolent God of Entropy, representative of Lawlessness, Disorder, and Injustice. His lust for power was the source of his doom. When he failed to overthrow Ioannes, the God of Gods banished him to an eternal prison where he would atone for his crime of self-service. This is the story of his banishment."

He grinned. "That is all have at the moment. It tells everyone who and what Jorel was and at the end, the dangers to be seduced to the dark side. Anyway, interested in meeting the rest?"

It was not up to Illana to decide. Terence had coughed from the top of the steps and he had four people with him. Alphonsus beckoned the four down as Terence walked away.

The four people were...

Joy'n Mai, half medonian elf half kemite dancer. She's 5'3, has black shoulder length hair and her body was toned from the eras of dancing. Her most significant feature was her tattoos. On both side, from her waist to her knee, there were two very beautiful tattoos of ravens, skulls and roses.

Elizabeth Nina, a human hailing from Aelyria Prime. She's 5'6, has long blonde hair and her body was lithe as a cat. There was nothing really significant about her, save her muscles seemed to be charged with power as she walked.

Elix Merci, a human from Jaedeaxia. He's 5'8 with messy brown hair and had a boyish look on him that attracted many ladies. He was holding on to a violin case.

Regit Cheetarah, a tiger katta. Hes 7', stripped fur and has ripped muscles. He introduced himself as the best actor the world was going to see.

After everyone had introduced themselves, Alphonsus spoke. he dropped his flowery archaic manner of speaking and adopt in a no nonsense manner."Good that all is here. The performance is set three darkening away and I know your individual ability." He handed a piece of parchment to each person. On the parchment was a simple play. "Take a look and tell me if you can incorporate yourself into the scene. I am open to other suggestions as well."

S O F | Nature Musicorum

Last edited by Alphonsus; September 26, 2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old September 21, 2017, 07:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Adventurer

Illana listened to his short tale slightly amused at the subject of his would be play. "A man of the law writing about the god of lawlessness." She laughed at the idea. "I've never been one for plays, but that doesn't mean I can't start. I'd love to meet the rest." She wasn't sure exactly what he meant by meeting the rest, but it couldn't hurt.

Her confusion was rapidly replaced with excitement. "Serale!"She greeted each of them. They had their own unique styles, but most importantly, each of them possessed a quiet confidence of themselves.

Before things could get too out of hand, Alphonsus passed out parchment to each of them. She read through the play as he asked them each to incorporate themselves within its structure. This was far out of her league. She'd never read through a play in her life and only watched one or two despite her years with the Air'reila.

"I think I'll need some suggestion." She stammered. She glanced around the room wondering if she'd find her footing within this new realm of performance.

OOCSorry for the delayed post and the brevity of it. I'm not too sure what I should do here, and I won't be in chat for the next two days as I'll be at work. I do a strange mix of 3/4 24 hour time periods at work so my posting will be a little weird till the 24th and I won't have chat available to me. Pm's should be the best way to reach me if anything comes up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: