Old March 24, 2017, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Aldekard is an upstanding Citizen
[Medonia] Midnight Walks

SUMMER, Era XXIV Post Fractum

Awoken by another terrible nightmare, Aldekard decided to take a walk around town. He left his room at the inn with his blanket walking slowly, enjoying the peace of the evening, avoiding the noise they are still making at the pubs.

Leaving the comforts of his humble home in La Quista, he journeyed to Medonia to find something to do. It took years for him to muster a bit of courage to fight his laziness. His lazy habits took over again when he arrived Medonia. A week has passed, and he's funds' almost depleted.

Aldekard needs to work.

He yawns.

He continued walking.
Aldekard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2017, 04:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

Malicia Waxwode is unknown and forgotten
Malicia thought a bad word to herself, although her anger did not rise so far as to make an appearance on her face. The lateness of the candlemark did not bother her so much, at least not on its own, but somehow the fact that it was late combined with the heavy burden she was tasked with carrying to make her more than usually irritated.

Malicia worked for an apothecary in Port Alyxandrya, a small wizened old human who no longer got around much. For this reason, she had been sent to Medonia to purchase certain herbs, which she had expected to be relatively lightweight. As it transpired her vendor had the fresh article but not the dried, and the shear amount of it made it weigh more than she was pleased to carry.

Up ahead on the street she saw a man shuffling along in a blanket. No doubt a homeless bum, she thought to herself. Who else would wander around in a blanket?

"You there!" she called out. "Hobo! Carry this pack for me and I will pay you..." she fished around in her coat pocket and found a small handful of copper. There wasn't a lot of money left over for expenses, but there was some. She selected a few coins at random. "...this money."
Malicia Waxwode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2017, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

He looked at the direction of the voice with eyes that seem to gaze far away. Then he'd look around, thinking she called someone else. "Hobo?" He muttered with a raised eyebrow and a long stare. Aldekard scans the lady in front of her like she was a mannequin in a dress shop.

"Boring." He said before a long yawn that lasted for almost 5 seconds.

"Give me all your money!" He smiles. He needed money, true, but carrying something for some lady who just called him hobo is quite tedious. Al thought it would be better to just ask the lady for her money, which might be misinterpreted as mugging.
Old March 27, 2017, 12:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Citizen

Malicia considered the man's request.

"If you mean to be a highwayman it is traditional to brandish some sort of weapon, a bow or light sword being popular choices. Also, the true professional works on some sort of highway where a woman's screams will go unheard. Anyway, being as I am working on expense account I can only offer you these coins for carrying the pack, it is the best I can do."

She furrowed her brow, peering more closely at Aldekard.

"You seem to be lacking both energy and that quality the Jaedaxian's call 'Joie de vivre'. Is that not the case? If so, I have a preparation that might help you."

Digging in her pocket she found a vial of dry powder of deep green, an extract of several stimulant plants she had concocted but not yet tested. She held this out to the stranger.

"Mix this is water and drink it right down. It is best to do so quickly, as the herbs taste like an ogre's thrice-boiled codpiece. Now, will you or will you not carry the pack?"
Old March 28, 2017, 05:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Citizen

"This is a very reliable weapon." He smiled as he hugs his blanket. "And soft and comfortable too." Aldekard survived the mercenary life without blades and just his blanket. Maybe that's just luck or perhaps due to something else.

He yawns as the other elf discusses her miracle concoction. "No thanks, I don't want to injure my tongue." Aldekard declines before looking up at the sky.

"Where are you headed anyway?"
Al asks.

"I rented a room in the inn nearby. It's a cold night. You want to sleep with me?" He yawns and looks at the lady with his sleepy eyes.
Old March 30, 2017, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Citizen

Malicia considered the blanket with an appraising look.

"Well I'm sure I'm not an expert in weaponry, but deadly though it perhaps is it lacks in the intimidation department. Still, I suppose you know best."

Shrugging, she returned the vial to her pocket.

"Suit yourself, although in point of fact it isn't your tongue you should worry about with this sort of thing. The tongue is one of the sturdier and more resilient organs. I am sad to say that your pick-up line is not the worst that I've heard, but I can't exactly deem it convincing, if you see what I mean. You might at least have offered to carry my burden."

"I am staying at an Inn called the Dog's Head which is not far distant. Perhaps it is the same inn you're staying at?"
Old April 1, 2017, 11:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Citizen

"Pick-up.. pick-up.." Aldekard mumbled then yawned.

"Eh?" He then realized he was again misunderstood.

"Elves are not my type." He had to explain somehow but that's going to be a long discussion.

"Dog's Head.. probably. Where do you need to deliver your parcel? You still haven't answered."
Old April 6, 2017, 11:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Citizen

Malicia quirked one eyebrow at the curious sleepy man.

"Elves are everyone's type, except perhaps for Katta. Also, you yourself are an elf, so in a strictly literal sense you are their type. In any case, I can handle your rejection with all the good grace of someone who is bored with the topic. I need the parcel delivered to the Dogs Head Inn, which is where I'm staying. That is to say, I prefer not to carry it myself and am willing to offer a few coins to someone, in this example you, who might do it for me."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: