Old April 12, 2016, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa

[Dolwoods] Without End [Cadwallader]

Spring, Era XXIII Post Fractum

Sliucha had managed to resolve the issue between her wolf pack friends and the Drider that inhabited the Dolwoods to her liking. Both of them had agreed to go out west with her back to Moonstone and join her fledgling Temple of Sinful Delights. She'd need to keep an eye on things to ensure that hostilities didn't arise again, though - mostly needing to make sure that Amber didn't go off and do anything silly. Luckily, it seemed like she had the wolf pack itself to keep an eye on her, so hopefully it wouldn't be too much of an issue.

That being said, before they set out back west, though, there was something that Sliucha wanted to do. She was already in the Dolwoods, after all, and the Enchanted Glade was nearby. The elf needed to remake her Staff of Arcana after giving up her old one in the name of Alithea. It had been created when she was still a Zyrgran, and she had felt that it still tied her back to that previous life of hers. In order to fully embrace her new god, it was appropriate to craft a staff that more symbolically linked her to such as well.

First step was to get the Enchanted Wood, then, and that meant a visit to the Enchanted Glade. She went off to see Amber, seeing if she couldn't have the shaman and several of her wolves accompany her for the journey as well.
Sliucha Sindosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2016, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Cadwallader is a benevolent AdventurerCadwallader is a benevolent Adventurer
Amber merely sniffed, wiping her nose with a wrist as she heard the proposition offered to her. A trip to the glade, indeed. The Shaman figured she’d get plenty of time to see her blade in a certain Drider’s ribs, and if he came along, too, then so much the better. “Will the spider be coming, too?” she asked, not bothering to hide that “spider” didn’t mean the hunting spider.
Old April 12, 2016, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa

"Nope! This one's just for us and the wolves," Sliucha noted, wrapping her arms around Amber in a hug and offering her a kiss. "I thought, you know... it'd be a bit like last time!" The first time the elf had encountered the wolf pack had been when she'd been looking for the Enchanted Wood for her first Staff of Arcana. That had wound up with Amber joining the wolf pack and Sliucha getting what she needed.

It was sort of like replaying the events from last time! Although, of course, she already knew the wolf pack this time around and all. "Come on, let's go! We're here already, I might as well pick it up before we leave."
Old April 13, 2016, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Notable

Sliucha caught the look of disappointment on Amber’s face, and she pulled her hand away from one of the knives she kept on her body. Sliucha knew the girl wasn’t finished with her captor, and but for now, the Shaman returned the Priestess’ kiss, a hand going around the Elf’s waist to settle on a butt cheek. Seeing as Sli was still nude from the incident with the Drider, it was an easy thing to do. A squeeze and Amber felt better, telling her wolves to follow into the Dolwoods, while Amber started after them. The girl disappeared, leaving the Elf behind as they headed toward their destination.
Old April 13, 2016, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Right then! They were off. Follow Amber and the wolves!
Old April 13, 2016, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Notable

The trip seemed pretty easy, the group heading off into the tinkling trees. As they moved, however, the wolves slowed, smelling the air before swerving and running into a clearing. In the center of the clearing was a powerful-looking war horse, the animal chewing grass at its feet. A large, intricate saddle was on its back, and the armor and equipment on the animal was well maintained. Standing next to the animal was the armored form of a knight, the symbol on his tabard the holy symbol of Aslan. As the wolves entered the clearing, the knight drew a longsword from the scabbard on his hip, taking a battle stance as he cheerfully told the animals to come and get him. A large shield was swung off his back and the knight was ready, focusing on the animals running for him.
Old April 13, 2016, 08:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Hm!

Fighting was baaaad, mkay? Even if was against an Aslanite! Despite being an Alithean and all, Sliucha had never been the sort of person to decide that it was necessary to fight against people who worshiped Aetherians. They could all be friends, right? Why not? Just because their gods fought didn't mean they had to.

As it was, Sliucha still made sure to give all the wolves a protective coating of thaumaturgical armor. Beyond that?

"Hello!" she'd decide to call out to the knight. The wolves too, technically. "Can we all maybe not fight, please?"
Old April 13, 2016, 08:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Notable

The knight seemed to flinch at the sound of Sli’s voice, thinking it was from one of the wolves. “You’ll not take me, you spawn of Jalat!” he bellowed as his blade came around in an arc. It missed the wolf he was aiming for, the knight not even missing a beat before already moving to take another wolf. It was at this time Amber chose to exit the trees, and the knight, seeing her for the first time, seemed to falter. The wolves slipped past his guard and barreled the knight over onto his back, the Aslanite dropping his sword and drawing his dagger. He awkwardly slashed and stabbed at the beasts as they nipped at him, his blade sliding off their magical armor as he fought on his back, his armor too heavy to let him up.

Amber had the wolves back away, looking down at the helpless knight, his face hidden behind the visor of his great helm. “You have no honor!” he bellowed, slashing feebly at Amber, who stayed just out of range. “Do it! Finish me, you Jalat spawn! You’ll get nothing from me! Nothing, do you hear?”
Old April 13, 2016, 08:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Um.

"Not Jalatian," Sliucha noted. "Alithean. Correction!" Much better for him to be at least cursing the right deity, right?

She squatted by him, no shame at all despite her nakedness. "Whatcha dooooin'?"
Old April 13, 2016, 08:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Notable

At least the sight of the completely nude Elf caused the knight to shut up for a moment. He brought a gauntleted hand up to raise his visor, his eyes huge as he looked the Priestess up and down. Steel gray eyes were the size of dinner plates as the armored knight started to curse out his “savior” for a whole new reason. “Have you no shame, you harlot?” he bellowed as he lashed out with his dagger, opening a large cut on Sliucha’s bare thigh. A trail of crimson splashed out to splatter on the ground, the knight chuckling grimly. “You may be allied to the God of Death, Alithean, but I swear to the Gods themselves you will not find me easy prey this night!” A large gash on the thigh of Sli bled horribly, but a quick look showed it looked worse than it was. The cut was on the front, and not near any major arteries. The knight, however, was extremely agitated. Out of the corner of her eye, Sli noticed two of the wolves advancing on the knight’s horse.
Old April 13, 2016, 09:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

"Nope!" Sliucha stuck her tongue out at the Aslanite, letting him see that this particular harlot was even more damned than she might seem - serpentine tongue and all that. She'd quickly give herself a bit of armor to protect from any further attacks from the man, though, before healing up the cut that he had delivered. No harm no foul!

"Hey! Can you not hurt his horse?" Mostly because, well, it was a nice horse! Sliucha liked horses. Plus, well, she was against killing for the sake of killing as well.

"Hm. I mean, you're being sort of a butthead," the elf noted, turning her attention back to the knight. "But I don't really believe in just out and out killing people, either. I'm thinking of still punishing you, though. Sooo... I'll pee on your face, and then steal your armor and your horse and let you go. How's that sound?"
Old April 13, 2016, 10:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Notable

At the words the Priestess said, telling the knight what she was going to do to him, retaliation came not from her prisoner, but from his mount. A solid pair of hooves sent the Priestess sprawling, causing pain through her chest even as her armor cracked under the blows. The wolves came closer, only to fall back as the horse threatened to crush them. The knight grabbed his stirrup and used it to help himself up, bending to grab his sword from where it lay, standing and slamming it home in its sheath. The knight then slid his dagger back into the sheath on the opposite side, standing near his horse to catch his breath.

The Aslanite turned to the gathered newcomers, trusting his horse to watch the wolves while he concentrated on the Elf and Human. “Have you not heard in your foul temples what Holy Warriors can do?” he asked the girls in a tone of righteous anger. “You forget that we have a bond with our mounts! You will steal nothing! However, you do not seem to be in league with my quarry, even if you are disgusting. Who are you and what are you doing in this wood? Have you come to seek council with the cult of Jalat? If you have, we will settle in honorable combat!”
Old April 13, 2016, 10:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Ouch!

"No." No idea about Holy Warriors of any kind!

"I'm Sliucha!" the elf said cheerfully. "And you?" Introductions, yaaaay! "I'm looking for an Enchanted Glade to get some wood for my Staff!"

Cult of what now?
Old April 13, 2016, 10:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Notable

The knight took his hand off the hilt of his sword, reaching to stroke his horse behind the ears. “I am Garrett, Paladin of the Order of the Rising Sun, sent by his Holiness, the Prelate of Aslan to find a cult of Death in these woods. I am to either bring them in to be judged, or failing that, to kill them. They are believed to be working their way to the Enchanted Glade, intent on turning that holiest of sites to their own foul purposes.” The Paladin eyed the two girls, gauging them. “Even the Mistress of Lust should wish to keep the enchanted glade safe. Will we set aside our differences and work together? Or do we settle our differences once and for all?”
Old April 13, 2016, 10:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Ah.

"Kay!" Yeah, that seemed agreeable. If only because it meant that if this cult succeeded, then Sliucha wouldn't get her staff! "Let's work together!"

They'd continue, then! On towards the Glade!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: