Old June 23, 2015, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Alastair Sinclare is a glorious SuperheroAlastair Sinclare is a glorious SuperheroAlastair Sinclare is a glorious SuperheroAlastair Sinclare is a glorious SuperheroAlastair Sinclare is a glorious SuperheroAlastair Sinclare is a glorious Superhero

A Dawn, Obscured. [Robyn]

The sky was slate with rain. Dawn was rising, but Alastair could not see it.

He hadn't slept, plagued by thoughts of the Woman, and his own unique physiology meant he had little fear of darkness and death. He had nothing to do but try and hone the skills he'd already gained over the last few years. Rules of battle. Rules of war.

He whirled in a dance of hypnotic death, his blade reaching out to strike those who did not exist. There were monsters in the dark, he knew, but none of them troubled him here. There was no blood on his hands today.

He'd lost track of time quickly, and he had not realized the dawn had risen. He was not far from the main gates of Alyxandrya, by the main road, and he had already endured the odd gawking of the occasional passerbyer, but he paid it no heed overall.

Until, that is...

"The peace of God no longer interests me."
Alastair Sinclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2015, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Legend

Robyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous Hero

She was o her way out of Port Alyxandrya and Robyn was in a vile mood. It wasn't right, natural or normal to be up and about at this time in the morning. But she was, and the young redhead was grumpy about it. So, she was making her way out of Port Alyx and she was mostly lost in her own thoughts and her own grumping. She was in a vile mood about any number of things, but she was mostly just thinking that sometimes she found people really... really.... really bloody annoying.

And she was worrying about things, of course. Money and her daughter, the future and her daughter. But she was looking forward to getting home, in truth. But as she made her way out of the main gates, she saw someone who was poncing about like some sort of attention seeking person. Oh great googly-moogly, she thought to herself, who would do that? Whoever that was they may as well have flung up a banner with "Look at me!" on it.

Robyn grinned sardonically to herself, pulling the hood of her cloak over herself more as she considered that she was, evidently, in a very bad mood and really she should have gone to bed earlier since she knew she was leaving early this morning.

And glancing apologetically at the fellow who was, really, just practicing, she realised that she knew who it was. "Well great googly moogly, fancy seein' you 'ere" she said as she walked up, but not so closely that she risked getting in his way.

It was a bit early to get skewered, after all. "Wotcha" she said, cheerily.

Wake me up ..wake me up inside.. I can't wake up, ..wake me up inside.. save me ..call my name and save me from the dark
Wake me up.. bid my blood to run... I can't wake up ..before I come undone.. save me ..save me from the nothing I've become..
Robyn Meiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2015, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Luminary

Alastair Sinclare is a glorious SuperheroAlastair Sinclare is a glorious SuperheroAlastair Sinclare is a glorious SuperheroAlastair Sinclare is a glorious SuperheroAlastair Sinclare is a glorious SuperheroAlastair Sinclare is a glorious Superhero

The difficulty with Robyn, Alastair decided, was that he didn't know who he was around her. He'd been so many different things to so many different people: The stoic soldier, the hesitant lover, the wild flirt, the loyal admirer, the murderous necromancer, the servant of a dark god. He'd long ago lost track of who he was.

And since he had no idea who Robyn really was, he had no idea what part he should play in front of her. He'd already tried like... three.

He had thought they might never meet again, but he had learned a long time ago, fate has her own reasons for putting people together.

He finished his swordplay, cutting forward to rest the tip of his blade a inch from Robyn's slender neck. He held it there, just a moment, before the blade disappeared into the sheath at his side.

"You know, Common is my second language and I still speak it better than you." He said, trying to hide a smile. He stepped away, lifting up a bowl he'd placed on the ground which had collected some rainwater, and taking a long, refreshing drink. He was wearing a loose fitting gray shirt and sailor's pants of the same color. His coat, crossbows and cat were all hanging out on a nearby tree branch.

He sat on a stump, he was not looking at her. "What business brings you to the City of Queens? Or did you come here to learn how to use a sword? If so, you're speaking to the right man."

Old June 25, 2015, 02:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Legend

Robyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous Hero

And had he but known, but Alastair had summed it up beautifully. Robyn had no idea who she was, what she was doing or where she was going in truth. If Alastair had lost track of who he was, well Robyn had never really known who she was. Or maybe she knew too well and just didn't want to admit it. Go figure.

But there were things which told one things about people. Maybe the fact that she stood, unflinching and unmoving as he brought the tip of his blade to her neck told him something of her. Maybe the fact that he'd done that in the first place told her something of him. Maybe maybe. She grinned at him and when he said that he spoke common better than her she shrugged "Depends on who's measurin' better, sunshine. Mine's got more colour, more flavour, an' come to that, googly-moogly's a good phrase. Wot's yer first language?" she asked and she gave him a cheeky smile. Like she really didn't know.

And then he moved and sat on a stump of a tree and Robyn looked around with interest "It's a shame the wind ain't whippin' around, innit? You'd look ever so dashing you would" she said and she looked oh-so-very serious. "An' actually, I was mostly jus' leavin. But learn 'ow to use a sword? Cheeky bugger you are. I will 'ave you know that I can knock the skid-marks of a gnats knickers with a thrown knife. But if you fancy a tussle or you want me to 'elp you get better, jus' say so an' I'll be 'appy" Of course, as always, Alastair was left to decipher just what she meant for himself.

But in fairness, wasn't everyone?

Wake me up ..wake me up inside.. I can't wake up, ..wake me up inside.. save me ..call my name and save me from the dark
Wake me up.. bid my blood to run... I can't wake up ..before I come undone.. save me ..save me from the nothing I've become..
Old June 25, 2015, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Luminary

"Je ne comprends pas ce que tu dis." He said, by way of answer. His own mother tongue now felt strange in his mouth, so little he spoke in it any more. He clearly did not think much of her so-called flavor. He'd spent a long time knocking the gutterspeak out of his voice.

He drew his blade again and took a cloth to it, cleaning and shining it with a swordsman's practiced ease. "I myself have never thrown a dagger. And now, I don't even own one, what a waste."

He glanced at her, up and down, then back to his sword. "I never say no to a tussle, however."

Old June 25, 2015, 05:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Legend

"Fle mo dotmantrip flo ba go to bid" she replied and it sounded like it should but yet made no sense. Robyn grinned at him and, disturbingly, she thought that she'd done very well indeed.

"Well, you shouldn't go givin' away your stuff to the first pretty girl wot comes along, should ya? She might jus' be obnoxious enough that she don't wanna give it back" she grinned at him and then he said that he never said no to a tussle. Robyn grinned at him and, for all that he had a sword in his hands, she simply stepped forward and put her hands on his chest, pushing gently.

"Careful wot you wish for. It might be too much to handle" she grinned and then she looked at him and suddenly, like a thoroughbred horse turning on a sixpence, she was all businesslike and focused. "But come on then, wot do you know that I don't?" she wondered. And a challenge in her eyes? Certainly.

Old July 1, 2015, 02:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Luminary

"I remember giving it to a girl, that's true." Alastair had no real reaction to the push of her hands upon his chest, except to rest the flat of his blade on the back of her legs, perhaps as a comforting gesture. Or something. Alastair let her talk, knowing full well that they were just words she used to hide her self. There was nothing to her.

She was like a shadow, a wisp of air.

Well, if she was nothing, then did that not give Alastair free reign to play with her as he wished? And suddenly he fell into place, that fractured mind of Alastair's fell into place, and he knew who he would be. At least for today. He stood, finding a smile and stepped away from her. His sword changed hands, and suddenly he was thrusting it, hilt first at Robyn.

"That's yours."

He drew from his coat a second sword. But this one proved to be nothing more than an elaborate hilt. There was no blade at all any more.

There was a sensation of magic in the air, if Robyn could sense it, and suddenly Alastair was surrounded by floating rose pedals and the air was filled with a sweet scent. One pedal touched the base of his empty hilt and elongated into a red pedal blade. "This one is mine."

"Go first, Robyn Redmane."

Old July 2, 2015, 03:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Legend

She stuck out her lower lip in a pout and she looked at him with a wicked expression "Are you sayin' I'm not pretty? My 'eart is broken" she quipped and then she looked at the blade he was giving her, hilt first and she gave him a quizzical expression. "Are you determined to give away all yer weapons to me?" she asked and she chuckled, feeling the weight of the blade in her hand, the swing and the balance of it.

Stepping backwards, Robyn watched him as he used some kind of weird rose-like arcana and she raised an eyebrow. "Show off" she said, with a grin and when he called her 'Robyn Redmane' she gave a beaming smile.

"I like that name. Is that some kind of magic sword?" she asked and then, two seconds after she had motioned to the red petal blade she stepped forward and struck. It was not a strike meant to actually harm him, but it was a practice strike which swung from right to left, aiming in a downwards arc towards his clavacle. She kept her weight on the balls of her feet and made sure that her front foot did not have a lot of weight on it.

Old July 2, 2015, 10:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Luminary

"It is a sword. And it was created by magic. Whether or not that makes it a magic sword is a matter for semanticists, not soldiers. Do try and keep your mind on the matter at hand." Alastair's voice was gently chastising, but there was the wisp of a smile on his features.

Alastair raised his sword in a lazy block. Her movements were not quite that of an amateur's but certainly nothing he hadn't handily defeated before. He turned, stepping quickly behind Robyn and bringing the edgeless rose blade to her neck. His other hand was on her stomach, and was pulling the girl in close against his own body.

"You aren't taking this seriously at all, are you? Be more attentive to your partner." He made no effort to move.

Old July 3, 2015, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Legend

She watched him and her eyes were careful as he gave her an almost-smile. Robyn considered his words about the sword and she decided that this did not mean it was a magic sword, since it was not permanent. She grinned at his gentle chastisement and she blatently paid it no heed.

But then, in a second she had gone from being the one attacking to the one being held in a grip, his hand on her stomach and pulling her close to him even as his 'blade' rose to touch her neck and Robyn gasped. Her gasp was honest and genuine and she was very aware of his body holding hers close, the blade against her neck. "I am" she said, of taking it seriously and she squirmed against him "An' I am payin' attention. Jus' cos yer better than me there's no need to think that I'm not tryin'. I just *am* this bad yanno" she said and she spoke, then, seriously "I've 'ad a man 'old a blade against my throat like that cos he was about to kill me. I don't like it. Gerrof"

Old July 8, 2015, 04:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Luminary

Alastair obliged, letting her go and moving away. "You're not bad, per se, you're just not much of a swordswoman. You came in much too close, which tells me you probably have more experience with shorter weapons. It can be hard to retrain your body to deal with other ways of moving. But I'm sure you know all about that." Alastair maintained something resembling stoicism, but that same wisp of a smile played on his features.

"But, I tire of this game. We could repeat that action a ten thousand times and you'd never beat me." He didn't sound arrogant, more disappointed. "Perhaps agreeing to your tussle was a mistake." He gave a sidelong glance at her. "Or perhaps we can make it more interesting."

He shrugged. "Not that I have any ideas."

Old July 8, 2015, 02:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Legend

"Yeah, I'm a lover, not a fighter" she said and she grinned but his blade at her throat had unnerved her, it must be said. And then, when he said that he was sure that she knew all about training her body to deal with other ways of moving, Robyn shot him a sharp glance.

"Well, if yer bored, sunshine, I'll bog off and leave you alone to yer practice. I was surprised to see ya, sorry for like sayin' 'ello an' bein' polite an' all" she said, quite content to do so "Yer right, we could do that all bright'nin' an' I wouldn't beat you. So best not to waste yer time"

Some brightenings, she wondered about men she really did, and this one was no exception. She managed haughty quite well for her short and slender frame and it was certainly true that Robyn was a redhead in every way. Feisty as they came. "Well, I probably don't manage int'restin' on any given brightening, so I'll leave you to yer practice. Sorry to 'ave bothered ya" she said and she would drop a slight curtsy then make her way.

Old July 14, 2015, 02:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Luminary

Once again her reaction surprised Alastair. He didn't expect from her this hesitation. Not from her. Perhaps this was a manifestation of something else. Shyness? Embarrassment? Boredom? Alastair shrugged. It was a simple Initiate level casting of the druidic spell Entwine which caused the grass around her feet to... well, entwine, tripping the poor redhead.

He rushed to her side. "Goodness, I hope you're not hurt. That looked somewhat painful." He reached his hand down to help her up, smiling. As a matter of fact, rose pedals were still swirling around him.Anime sparkles activate.

Old July 15, 2015, 11:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
Legend

She turned and she was mid-flounce. Robyn could, it had to be said, do a damn fine flounce when the situation demanded it and this situation, she had decided, most certainly did. And so it was that, when she fell, she fell hard and with a yelp of pain and surprise. Kicking at the grass that had seemed to almost grab a hold of her, Robyn sat up and rubbed at her ankle.

But then Alastair was at her side and he was all nice and sweet and solicitous. Robyn didn't buy it for a second, but there you were. She also didn't think that he'd actually done it, she just thought that he was taking advantage of her clumsiness. "I'm fine, thanks" she said, and she pulled herself up, ignoring his outstretched hand "I suppose at least yer less bored now, eh?" She put her foot down on the floor and winced gingerly.

"I can't even see what I tripped on" she said, curiously, going to look.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: