Go Back   Aelyria > Community > Support > Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old September 8, 2018, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Tyr Kjeldsson is unknown and forgotten
Questions about Starting Equipment, Skills & Lore

Hi

So, a few questions:

1)With starting equipment, I know you start with basic items and a basic weapon. Can you begin with any sort of armor? Like a battered leather cuirass? Would be starting as a barbari, so no visa or home, to start with, and bronze level wealth. I could see that as an acceptable trade-off, but, can understand if that's not allowed.

2)Could I take Bladed Weapons(daggers, swords, axes as described in the primer to combat) as a starting skill? Or should I narrow it down to a subset of that, such as axes?

3)Can I start with lore? If so, just one? Or is there a limit? I'm still slow to understand how getting lore works.

Thank you!
Tyr Kjeldsson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2018, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

1) Sure, a cuirass would work.

2) It'd probably be best to pick a specific weapon, with the understanding that you'd be partially proficient in other similar weapons.

3) Sure, within reason. If it makes sense for your character to understand (for instance, a barbarian might have wilderness survival lore), then it's fine to pick up. It tends to just be general knowledge and proficiency that isn't intended to actually be a skill that will level up.
Old September 8, 2018, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Tyr Kjeldsson is unknown and forgotten
Thank you very much for the quick reply.
Tyr Kjeldsson is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: