Old July 8, 2018, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Akina is unknown and forgotten
A Query About Travel

Hi All!

My dorin character (much zoom, not much strength) has a desire to travel from Sancta Nova to Ziel Aerca. Checking the map, it's basically a straight line north-to-south - a journey which I will (hopefully) RP out sometime this week using the fantastic powers of Fluid Time.

However, to make sure that my 'arrival' in Ziel Aerca is timely and/or accurately portrayed in a concurrent thread, I was wondering if the journey would take closer to a fortnight (2 cycles), or be more like a month+ (4-6 cycles)? The travel time will be early Winter during the journey. I'm 85% confident my character won't be murdered in that time.

Extra information: Unless my mod decides otherwise during the travel thread, my PC intends to travel alone, on foot(Paw), and is Very Dedicated to achieving their goal quickly. All they will be carrying is the letter they're tasked with delivering, and their own finances in a small bag.

Accepts rewards in coin, food, or head pats.
Akina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2018, 04:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fear the Reaper

Grim is a famous HeroGrim is a famous HeroGrim is a famous Hero

There are always two answers to how long it takes a character to travel somewhere.

In your case, if you're travelling on foot, through territory that is pretty unsafe and probably either deserty or some kind of hilly dry woodland as you get closer to the mountains. I would say you're probably looking at well in excess of a month. The Empire said to be roughly the size of Europe, so think of it as walking from Rome to Paris, without having much by the way of roads or safe places to stay while you're going there.

The other answer to how long it takes your character to get somewhere is however long it needs to in order to facilitate your character being present for a thread in that place. Because getting to be in more threads is more important than having "realistic" travelling times.
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2018, 05:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Akina is unknown and forgotten
Thanks Grim! This is gonna make for some epic casual drops of 'that time I ran through the Arakmat desert for the sake of a letter' IC =P

Accepts rewards in coin, food, or head pats.
Akina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: