Old May 12, 2018, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pocket Monster

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Dnarris is an upstanding Citizen
Minotaur Questions

I wanted to get some clarification on somethings Minotaur.

First, Arcana:

The guides state minotaur are technically capable of using arcana, they will have more difficulty in doing so than even saurids.

Exactly how does this translate in game? Does this mean when a Minotaur and a Human of the same skill level attempt the same spell under the same conditions that the Minotaur will see worse results? If there was a ten point scale where would Minotaurs land as an arcana user?

Second:

The guide states The large muscular build of a minotaur makes them notably resistant to many physical attacks. How does this translate in game as well? What are examples of this?

Finally, since I have no experience or frame of reference for minotaurs and giants in the world of Aelyria. Could someone clarify the following from the guides.

Only giants, out of contemporary races, compare to minotaurs in sheer strength.

Exactly how strong is a minotaur? In weight, how much could a minotaur reasonably lift? How much could a minotaur lift with maximum exertion?

I'd just like to have any idea what might be possible for roleplaying rather than finding my character attempting or doing things that would not be reasonably possible.

Thank you.
Dnarris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2018, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

1) It's mostly flavor, I feel. If you want it to matter it can, but if you don't care it probably won't affect things all too much. I personally interpret it more that minotaurs might have spells misfire more often, or that they might struggle to understand certain concepts, but not that their magic is 'weaker' in power or anything.

2) A mix of flavor and common sense I guess? I mean if you get hit by an axe, it'll still hurt, but you might not get eviscerated like a human would. Minotaurs are bigger and bulkier, and that lends to a better innate resistance to some things.

Quote:
Exactly how strong is a minotaur? In weight, how much could a minotaur reasonably lift? How much could a minotaur lift with maximum exertion?
No idea and I doubt anybody is going to get you any concrete numbers. Also, giants come in all shapes and sizes, so I think it's probably exaggerating for a minotaur to be as strong as the biggest giants. Just think "they're probably really strong" and use common sense from there. Survive a one story house falling on top of them, sure. Lifting a house, no.
Old May 12, 2018, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
No One's Slave

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Kazlain is unknown and forgotten
Alright. Sounds like a decent enough guideline.

How about leaping a tall building in a single bound?

I immediately assume it's a no on heat ray vision though, right?
Kazlain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: