Old October 8, 2017, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Illana Jidiao is an upstanding Citizen
Character development

UPDATE Nov 21
Post #7

Alright, I'm here for advise and input. Illana is a dancer whos interested in social intricacies and what she can do for people. Her overall intentions are to help and sometimes will discretely (or not discretely) intervene despite what others may want.

I've come up with the idea of giving her the unofficial hobby as a facilitator. Facilitator being defined as someone who arranges things/people. Examples... being the go to for anything that needs to be transported, getting something done that needs to be handled discretely, maybe setting up a farmer with a local village girl, or setting up a festival to mask some other dealing.

I'm not necessarily interested in actually completing the tasks myself, but more as a professional networker... Otherwise, Illana would just be a nosy adventurer that meddles in too many people's personal business. Which isn't a bad idea, but it's impossible for one person to be able to do everything and it would be interesting to play a networker.

This would allow her to participate with all social statuses without conflict, but how well would this translate in game? If you've got other ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited by Illana Jidiao; November 21, 2017 at 10:32 AM.
Illana Jidiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8, 2017, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

Isabelle Sophie is unknown and forgotten
I can see a few ways to do it. Do you want to do everything legally or with a not so legal element involved.

Illegally, there are contact points for criminal organisations who people goes to, asking them for help and paying middleman fees for to these contact points.

Legally, I guess you can look into creating a mercenary guild. Mercenaries pay you a membership fee to get jobs from you, others pay you to match mercenaries to their request.

You can also just make friends, ask them what they need or what they can do. I do not think you be earning much from this manner though.
Old October 8, 2017, 01:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

I've been debating on Illana's moral compass and what exactly she is comfortable with, but that is a personal question. Hadn't actually thought of doing a guild myself. I know I've read a few people around the forums looking to start mercenary/adventure guilds, so I hadn't thought about doing one myself... I'll start entertaining the idea.

The last one was probably what I'll start with though. I've got a job that should sustain me and this will just start as a hobby till she finds she loves it.
Old October 8, 2017, 03:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Lion of Northumbria

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Keldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious Superhero

It's a fun concept! There are a couple ways to go about it. It would be a hard way to play in some ways since it doesn't have so much a big risk vs reward in a lot of instances.

I think finding a partner like a guild or another player who can be the action type aspect of the concept would make gameplay a little easier. But on the same note almost anything can be done through play!

Keldon Elsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12, 2017, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Citizen

Isabelle Sophie is unknown and forgotten
Illana! You are in the same city as me! Will you be interested in meeting a mermaid? It might be fun.
Old October 15, 2017, 12:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Citizen

Keldon Elsdragon - I'm not too worried about defined character rewards. Status gain or riches aren't really on the radar, but I don't really wanna paint her into a corner either. And I'll take your advice on the guild or player being the action portion.

Isabelle Sophi - I'm down for meeting up any time you feel up to another thread. Things are pretty quiet for me since I haven't settled on things for my character, but I'm sure it'd be pretty easy for us to run into each other. I need to start networking anyhow.
Old November 21, 2017, 10:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Citizen

UPDATE

I've got an outline of my hopes for Illana.
Facilitator
I'd like Illana to be someone who gets things done or makes things easier for the common whole. Although, this may not be much of a role playable trait. Some ideas would be for her to run a mercenary type guildI already know someone starting
something like this, so Illana wouldn't be doing this aspect.
where she fills various needs of the empire through adventurer's or a loosely formed network of informantsThis is more what I'm leaning towards right now. for the latest information throughout Medonia... or the empire if she's a character that sticks. She thrives on secrets and people, finding ideas that are actionable and drilling into the details so she can put things to use. Actionable information will be her specialty.

Dancer
This is her profession, and a good way of meeting and connecting with people. She hopes to use this skill in noble courts and common taverns, not to get famous, but to network and gather information from all social classes to be used in her Facilitator ideals.

Legend Hunter
This is the highly role playable aspect of her life. As she gains information and broadens her understanding of the world, she'll undoubtedly discover unusual things she'll find interesting and want to explore. Whether she does it herself or sends a group to fulfill her curiosities optionalable depending on her capabilities.

Now that I've established a little more on what my goals are for her and feel like I understand her character a bit, I'm wanting to hear how you would go about it. My personal thoughts are to create an organization revolving around information brokering, giving coin for secrets; though, I'm only Sterling Tier, so that will more than likely happen at a later date. What things could I offer individuals for bits of information or do you have other suggestions?

I don't see a reason for Illana to just go out and start some organization quite yet, but I could see her trying to throw some sort of party/festival in Medonia and hearing/learning secrets or something. From there, she might start networking.

My realistic end goal is to know things throughout Medonia and the surrounding provinces. If I can figure out how to really make this concept work, then I'd like to move on to other areas of the Empire.

Due to my train of thought, as I write, I get more ideas... let me know what you think...

What about an organization that has two sides. One - Transparent and very visible to the public. It could function more on a business aspect which focuses on holding festivals and events (throughout the Empire) in Medonia. This would allow for major open networks for information and goods. Two - Secret and hopefully unknown... or only roumered of. They function more on the illegal side or just seeking out the dirtier secrets through bribery, blackmail, or coin.

Thoughts? Realistic appraisals? Improved ideas? Give my your comments.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: