Old August 6, 2017, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Tullia Ariston is an upstanding Citizen
Some guidance for starting a new character!

Hello! I haven't been on Aelyria since 2009, and I'm excited to see new playable races! I think I'd like to play as an Ancient Aelyrian, but I have a question before I settle on it. I've read these pages from the wiki:

Ancient Aelyrians
Ancient Aelyrian Magic
Ancient Aelyrian Combat

Are the following draft versions from the Worldforge Archive considered canon as well?

[Draft] Ancient Aelyrian Race
[Draft] Ancient Aelyrian Magic
  • Specifically, is the section on the race's duology accurate?
  • If so, how does the telepathy work? Is it impossible to communicate anything to other races?
  • Does their capacity for empathy extend to all races?
  • If the Ancients can sense the feelings of a person thousands of miles away, can they also communicate telepathically with that person across that type of distance?
  • How common would it be for Ancient Aelyrians to become Cyraxians? That is, would the average Ancient be likely to know someone who'd changed? Daily dread or more like threat you tell your kids to get them to stop shrieking in public?
  • Also, do they call themselves "Ancient Aelyrians" because as I keep repeating it, it sounds more and more unlikely you'd refer to your own race that way. Maybe just "Aelyrian" would make sense for referring to themselves.

Thanks in advance!
Tullia Ariston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6, 2017, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Stick with what's in the wiki. Draft versions are exactly that, they may be inaccurate

That kind of nullifies most of your questions there, but as for the rest:

Quote:
Also, do they call themselves "Ancient Aelyrians" because as I keep repeating it, it sounds more and more unlikely you'd refer to your own race that way. Maybe just "Aelyrian" would make sense for referring to themselves.
I've gone with "Ancients."

Quote:
How common would it be for Ancient Aelyrians to become Cyraxians? That is, would the average Ancient be likely to know someone who'd changed? Daily dread or more like threat you tell your kids to get them to stop shrieking in public?
I wouldn't say it's extremely common. Most Ancients live within the capital of Aelyria Prime, which is under the influence of a massive crystal pylon that helps keep everybody calm. There have been a few flareups here and there but for the most part Cyraxians haven't been too big a deal in the capital.

Of the few who venture beyond the capital perimeters, though, the incidence of Cyraxian has been particularly high. But not many do that to begin with, either, so the number of Cyraxians has still been rather low. I imagine, though, that the catastrophic event that was the fall of Throneworld spawned a great number of Cyraxians at the time - but I imagine it's less a "the average Ancient knows somebody who turned" and more "the average Ancient knows somebody who went missing during the Fall."

It's definitely a daily dread and something people don't like talking about, definitely not in a joking manner.
Old August 6, 2017, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Tullia Ariston is an upstanding Citizen
OK, sounds good! Thank you.
Tullia Ariston is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: