Old July 30, 2017, 12:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Starski is unknown and forgotten
A bit of help for a well-meaning noob

Hey there Aelyria! So I am nearing the end of my character development and profile writing but I have compiled a few questions I would love to get answers for. Some are more specific to my character while others a bit more general. Anyway here we go:

1. On a starting city.
I read that it is recommended characters start in Aelyria prime and I am curious as to why this is? Further more I believe it might be a bit unlikely my character would end up in such a mega city due to his background. Are there other big-ish cities anyone would recommend?
*Side note: I'd gladly take ideas for plots with such a recommendation if the player giving it has a character there and are interested in threading!

2.How does my character sheet look?
Simple as the question sounds. I realize I don't have a description for his home but that is due to question 1 not having a good answer yet. It could also use some tables or something to be a bit prettier but any other suggestions or critique from players who have written one already would be greatly appreciated.

3. Illicit Activities.
I have decided to give my character a background as a pickpocket. I have done so not truly understanding what sort of risks are associated with such a career path and would like to further my understand before jumping into the game. If I don't have a mod for my thread it would be impossible for him to get caught stealing unless I feel it necessary, correct? Or is stealing something I would need a mod for since it is inherently not without risk IRL?
As I have mentioned in my title I am only a well meaning noob and I have not yet posted even a single thread. I'd love any player insight into how they roll.

It's a lot and if you got this far I wanna thank you ahead of time for any help you might offer!... Thanks!
Starski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2017, 01:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starski View Post
1. On a starting city.
I read that it is recommended characters start in Aelyria prime and I am curious as to why this is? Further more I believe it might be a bit unlikely my character would end up in such a mega city due to his background. Are there other big-ish cities anyone would recommend?
*Side note: I'd gladly take ideas for plots with such a recommendation if the player giving it has a character there and are interested in threading!
Alas, you're probably just reading outdated material. Feel free to start in whatever city you might want to. For recommendations given the background, first things first, Aslangrad and any city in Vesta are probably out as they're very open about their dislike for dracons. Cities like Ziel Aerca or Vortex come to mind as better fits. Some of the bigger port cities as well, like Jaedaxia or Port Alyxandrya, might also work out for you.

Quote:
2.How does my character sheet look?
Simple as the question sounds. I realize I don't have a description for his home but that is due to question 1 not having a good answer yet. It could also use some tables or something to be a bit prettier but any other suggestions or critique from players who have written one already would be greatly appreciated.
Seems sufficient, dude.

Quote:
3. Illicit Activities.
I have decided to give my character a background as a pickpocket. I have done so not truly understanding what sort of risks are associated with such a career path and would like to further my understand before jumping into the game. If I don't have a mod for my thread it would be impossible for him to get caught stealing unless I feel it necessary, correct? Or is stealing something I would need a mod for since it is inherently not without risk IRL?
As I have mentioned in my title I am only a well meaning noob and I have not yet posted even a single thread. I'd love any player insight into how they roll.
Err on the side of caution and always go with a moderator if you're trying to steal something. If you want something at the end of it and it's not inherently trivial or whatever? Get a moderator.
Old July 30, 2017, 08:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Luminary

Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen
Quote:
Come join me at Nexus Prime.
I would love to befriend another Dracon that can be lured to the dark side.
Do note though, Nexus Prime is tolerant of Dracons and businesses are guild ran.

Quote:
3. Illicit Activities.
Don't quote me on this... yet. Need a GM to confirm.
If you are trained in pickpocketing, I guess you are a accomplished enough thief to steal sufficient crowns to support your current wealth level?

Also, might Thieving (Vocation) be a better choice. It covers pickpocketing, stealth and other varied thief ability... Unless you have a plan that requires you to specialize in stealth.
Old July 31, 2017, 03:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Citizen

Starski is unknown and forgotten
Indefinite - Thanks for answering my questions. It has helped tremendously!

Maximus - Sounds like a plan man. I will likely chose Nexus Prime as a home city though I have to ask: what significance are guild run businesses? And since thieving would be more broad would it limit my character's abilities to be useful only in situations where he is actively trying to steal something?
Starski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2017, 03:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Luminary

Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen
Guild Run: I think it just means all businesses must be approved by the merchant guilds (with a strong note of 'or else').

Doubt it will mean anything on individual level to a thief,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: