Old July 18, 2017, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Alekto is an upstanding Citizen
Just another Noob

I've written up a character and want to make sure things will fit properly. It's linked to my profile, but should I include it in my signature or something? In addition to this, I have a few more...

When was the Xet Invasion and the Black Fog? I may have to adjust my character's history to align it properly.

Do Dracon wear clothing? If so, I assume it has to be custom made, but if I've spent the last 20 some odd years in Arkudin, can I start with a set of custom made clothing?

Indefinite and Alphonsus were giving me a list of cities to stay away from as a Dracon, but I didn't write them down. This is what I've got so far... Sacrum, Aslangrad, Arconians (?? doesn't say anything about Dracons, but the other dark races don't seemed to be welcomed). Are there any others I should add or take off?

Where can I go to become unbound (hoping to use elemental type magic, but I'm not sure how unbinding really works)?

What other things should I know? As a new player or a Dracon or a magic user or a bout the forums in general.Impart your knowledge oh wises ones of Aelyria... or not so wise and just have an opinion on things.
Alekto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2017, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hero

Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen

A fellow Dracon!

It might be good to put your CIR into your signature. Make it easier for peer mod. Or just like me, fill it into the Character Sheet part for the drop down.

Xet Invasion and Black Fog: I leave it to the expert. For my part, the Xet invasion was a big military expedition by an insectoid army. A few city were attacked, a province was heavily damaged. The empire won. I placed it that I lost of my home and became a 'hobo' after the war. This game is more towards building your character up in game, so history may be good, the future is always better to look forward to

I see most dracon wear clothings. I do. Basically dracons should be dressed up too! We are not animal, although we are bestial sub-type. Anyway, as a shifter myself, I'm sure your shifted form would wear clothes.

Thos are more or less the stay away cities. My character stay in Nexus Prime, which is building up and also near Vortex if I need to run.

You can be unbound in almost any city. Just need a private teacher, but I think most go to the local academy of magic. The GM will guide you through the unbind process.

What other things should you know? Just have fun. You may even meet me in Nexus Prime. I am a sorcerer and training blacksmith and swordsman.
Old July 18, 2017, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

It isn't necessary to put a link in the signature. It helps in that it makes more visible, but it isn't required.

The Black Fog fell during the summer of Era XIX, I believe, around five years ago now.

Dracon do wear clothing, although what they're capable of wearing is probably different from the other races given their wings, the talons on their feet, etc. Starting with a set of custom made stuff should be fine.

The entirety of the province of Vesta is probably a bad idea, not just the capital city of Sacrum. Any Church of Faith institution is probably something a dracon would be wary of as well, considering the entire Church has basically labeled them as undesirable. Nothing else immediately comes to mind. In general, though, dracons are still regarded with a degree of suspicion in most places, but they won't outright ban them or be hostile.

Technically any other mage can Unbind Alekto. He doesn't really have to go anywhere specific, just find one willing to do it and/or teach him.

Don't get too caught up in the details of planning and plotting. Get out there and post! People shouldn't expect new players to grasp things immediately and I'm sure they'll be willing to point things out to you as necessary
Old July 18, 2017, 11:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Citizen

Thank you both for the information. I've adjusted my profile a bit to align with the Xet Invasion and the clothing thing. I'm working at getting into a thread with another player.
Old July 20, 2017, 05:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fear the Reaper

Grim is a glorious SuperheroGrim is a glorious SuperheroGrim is a glorious Superhero

Quote:
What other things should I know? As a new player or a Dracon or a magic user or a bout the forums in general.Impart your knowledge oh wises ones of Aelyria... or not so wise and just have an opinion on things.
Dracon bodily fluids in general are poisonous to other species. Something Alekto's wife in the backstory would probably notice, despite not getting pregnant. Think of it as a really bad STD that stops after a day or two.
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20, 2017, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hero

Oh yes. Forgotten about that part.

I was advise to keep myself away from injuries in shifted form.
A drop of black blood from our wound would be a great tell tale sign that we are dracons. its bad news if you're hiding your race from others.
Old July 20, 2017, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Darian is a glorious SuperheroDarian is a glorious SuperheroDarian is a glorious SuperheroDarian is a glorious SuperheroDarian is a glorious Superhero

Eh. The blood's generally not immediately obvious. It's red when it leaves the body, so it doesn't really turn black until a bit after it's left the body, at which point even norma red blood tends to turn pretty dark, so it'd be hard to tell apart. But uh, don't make people drink it or run tests on it or anything.
Old July 20, 2017, 07:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Citizen

The devils in the details. I've adjusted the history; though, I'm sure it will change more. And I'll take the note to not run tests on blood drinkers
Old July 20, 2017, 07:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hero

Oh, looking for dracon experts.

If my human guise is a bodybuilder, when I transform back to my dracon form, I would gain the additional strength from all the exercise done from my human side right? Of course, my dracon would have more mass to show

Or a dracon could shift more muscles into the correct places when they become human, so they become stronger.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: