Old July 7, 2017, 06:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Hero

Cherjaine is a benevolent Adventurer

A lot of questions.

Questions unanswered after I spent a lot more time in the game and the primers.

I think I mentioned before, I have played in another PBP. The ideas is the same, but there are few things there that I am not sure how would I do here.

1. What is allowed without moderation?
We had shops thread, so every purchase is detailed. Custom made items are modded within the shop thread.
When we travel, each zone have a thread to show the person entering and leaving.

Here: good idea! We buy whatever our tier can, but it feel inefficient to open a thread to buy a custom item, GM approve in and we close the thread. 2 post. End. Also, what type of shop are there? Is there a shop that sell trained swallows as rides for faerie?
I don't know who is in town, from when and to when.

2. We have something known as passive XP and I noticed it in some threads. How do we gain passive XP here?
Eg. Working in kitchen full time grants 2 relatives different kind of XP per time period (for mine was 6 months)

3. I am thinking of a long story plot for myself. For me, we have A committed GM or two to ensure that particular storyline don't jump and even with three threads on-going representing different part of the story over time. The GM knows what was going to happen and the player can proceed slightly faster there.

We have te system of peer mod here (I fully approve), can they do it? Or a mod mod is required?

4. A faerie is small, really tiny, where does she keep all her things? Is there sort of bag that has extra dimensional space in it?
Old July 7, 2017, 08:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
child of the rags

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Ragboy is a benevolent Adventurer

I've only had three hours sleep but seen this when I had to wake up for a moment and thought I'd at least answer the last question about far.

No, there is no extra dimensional pocket or bag that they have nor is their face sized currency, at least that is accepted widely through the empire. That is one of the challenges of being a fan race. You are small in a world of big people. I would generally say that far have fae sized items that were made by fae and are the appropriate size for them. So if it is a necklace it is the same as a human wearing one and could fit in a bag or pocket.

I personally don't see fae (in general) as being much of hoarders for oversized things. Obviously if that is your character that is great but it is a challenge that you will face.

You won't be picking up every item you see on a quest, unless it is a size appropriate quest, and so you may be leaving behind that magic sword from an enemy you have slain or that really cool crown they were wearing. It's one of the hand offs of playing the race and leads to many opportunities to adventure to get things rather than popping into a store and just getting it. I've never enjoyed store threads in the past and usually try to adventure for all things save for the most basic of things.

Eh....since I brought that up...in regards to your first question you can assume what is affordable at your current their. If it is magical or excessive in any way to your their you would need to RP finding it. Adventure or shop.

Having you post a single thread for these types of items seems for efficient to me than threading out every item you want to buy. It's been done in the past, lackluster in my opinion. If you want to RP out every transaction I don't see why you couldn't.

As far as is there a shop that would sell trained birds for faeries to ride around on? I'm sure there is. Is it affordable at your level? I wouldn't think so. Are you going to find it in a human city? Maybe, depends on the city, fae population, etc but is something I believe would need to be threaded out.

Could you adventure, find one on your own and train it? Sure could.

Could you adventure, do a favor for someone that would pay you with one? Yup.

My perspective is that of an adventurous one. Not all adventures are fighting off bandits or attacking their camp. Sometimes it is hunting down these rare items and finding a way to obtain them. So go forth, adventure and have fun.

These are my opinion, of course, and are by no means law. Just judging by what I personally would feel comfortable approving. Ie: not just having you pop into a shop and getting a sparrow to ride on at sterling level. Others may come on and correct me.

Also sorry for any autocorrect. Like I said, three hours of sleep added to that typing this on my phone.

Welcome to the site.
Old July 7, 2017, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Steel
Alphonsus is a benevolent Adventurer

From my understanding...

Quote:
Anything that you can get without a chance of failure.
I used to have a closed thread every season that cluster everything.
I buy something, I post it there. I sell something, I post it there.
I make something that will succeed because I have the skill, I post it there.
If there is anything I know a Mod would need to take a look and just sign of approved, I post it there and get the mod to post "Approve" there as well.

For all other things, there is PM

Quote:
2. We have something known as passive XP and I noticed it in some threads. How do we gain passive XP here?
Good question. We used to practice it when we were 'seasonal based'.
A City GM will post a thread asking everyone to request for 1xp based on their job in the city.

Can't remember if we had stopped it or changed it.

Quote:
3. I am thinking of a long story plot for myself. For me, we have A committed GM or two to ensure that particular storyline don't jump and even with three threads on-going representing different part of the story over time. The GM knows what was going to happen and the player can proceed slightly faster there.
Personally, don't see why a peer mod can't do it. Discuss it with the Peer Mod and get him/her to to a PMD.

Quote:
4. A faerie is small, really tiny, where does she keep all her things? Is there sort of bag that has extra dimensional space in it?
Not yet, but think we can learn to create one? maybe?
It's a rarer race to play, but one, like what Ragboy said, would be a lot of fun!
Build a business empire and hire people to carry things for you

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Posting Status: Injured Hand. Slow post
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2017, 05:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

There have been some answers but I'll make some clarifications where needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherjaine View Post
Anything that doesn't require a moderator to stamp it at the end

It might seem inefficient but anything that is "customized" and not common should still be moderated. Because who is to say whether or not your custom item is simple to make or not? Maybe the shop runs into difficulties. Maybe the shop needs you to go out and fetch something for the item to be made. It might just end up being two posts but there's never a guarantee that that's what will happen.

As for what types of shops there are, it's important to be reasonable and use common sense. A blacksmith? That's reasonable. Trained swallows for fae to ride? Less reasonable. You'd probably at least need a thread to learn how to ride the swallow, give it commands, that sort of thing.

If it's reasonable, then it's probably okay to not have a thread for it. If you're just buying a sword from a blacksmith, then that's fine. If you want to buy soup at a tavern, whatever. Otherwise, have somebody moderate that thread. When in doubt, err on the side of caution.

Quote:
We got rid of that system. No more seasonal XP.

Quote:

We have te system of peer mod here (I fully approve), can they do it? Or a mod mod is required?
A peer mod is sufficient. Nominally, there is no difference in what can be moderated when it comes to peer moderators and "official" moderators, but there is a level of trust there that will vary between individuals. A peer moderator who has proven that they are capable is more likely to have a plan that involves higher-level shenanigans than somebody who has just joined the site.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: