Go Back   Aelyria > Community > Support > Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old August 27, 2014, 04:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Steel
Blacken is a malevolent Minion
...I am also interested in how the final battle will play out, of course. My instinct, especially with regards to Blacken's now rather ellaborated backstory, tells me that he could well want to do some pioneer work, in bug-infested frontier areas, or the like...
Blacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2015, 06:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Notable

Since the PC essentially sat out winter season, I'll establish that Blacken has built himself a secret lair in or around the ruins of Millswick, and has spent the winter of XXI/XXII there.

Blacken will also have spent a long time looting destroyed Paxia, and have amassed a small treasure that should be enough to grant him a certain level of living conditions above his former trademark level of "starvation and despair".
Old February 27, 2015, 01:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
Notable

-_- I am about to establish that Blacken at some point, and for some absolutely understandable reason, ate a pixie. Whole.
Old April 5, 2015, 09:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
Notable

http://www.aelyria.com/forums/enamor...ml#post1818130

Again, a look back into B's supposedly tumultous childhood.

No matter what I do with the character on the long run, I think I might elaborate that in some form, sooner or later.
Old May 21, 2017, 09:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Notable

Hi all!

So, I'm pondering to "unretire"; I'd like to keep Blacken active, or semi-active, again, depending on how my schedule allows it. I'll probably only be able tol engage in about one thread at a time, and I will probably one of the slower posters around.

...So, my first and principal question is, what has happened in Aelyria since XXII?

Last time I used Blacken in active play, he participated in an expedition to Enamoria, but later left to join whatever fight remained in the former Paxian territories. Presumably, he chose a cavern complex near the destroyed settlement of Millswick as his home, and lived there, as a semi-recluse, only joining the war against the bugs when it came to his immediate vicinity.

I assume that he eventually tired of his quiet life, and returned to the big cities of the East for no other reason than a basic need for human interaction - and for adventure!
Old May 21, 2017, 09:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Notable

What Blacken would maybe look like around the summer of XXIV, at the age of 20, or 21.
Old June 1, 2017, 04:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
Notable

Blacken is back!

[Arium Highlands] Hermits & Hoodlums

...I'll probably not update the charsheet until after the thread is running, though.

Last edited by Blacken; June 1, 2017 at 04:23 AM.
Old August 24, 2017, 07:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Notable

Hey, all!

So, Blacken has been back, for a while, and, of course, his backstory so far is already set in stone.

Now, I am wondering what happened in the years of his self-imposed exile, and how to possibly expand on that time period:

Is there any coherent info out there as to how Paxia fared after the destruction? - And do we have any coherent info on the power groups of the area that he might have dealt with, in the aftermath of the Xet war?

Thank you very much,

Rafe
Old September 22, 2017, 03:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
Notable

So, Blacken has two magic items whose nature he doesn't quite understand yet. Where should he go to learn about them? How doe you generally handle this? Do I have some freedom to explain what these items do?

(Quoting from my inventory: )

Quote:
1 Cursed Twisted Dagger - Blackenís broken weapon has been afflicted with demonís blood combined with the Butlerís foul magicks. It will permanently emit a strange cold. These properties may be useful to a spellbreaker and a skilled smith to forge a new unique weapon. (From Castellan Keep.)

1 "Black Crystal". (From the merchant in destroyed Paxia; Blacken does not know what this item can do, yet.)
Old September 22, 2017, 07:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Champion

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a malevolent Minion

Let me see what I can find out. If I can incorporate one of them into the adventure then we will see what happens. But in real terms you would likely have to go through a thread or two to find out the information.

[Edit]. If we can't get it sorted for the adventure, if it is something you want to quest for then that can be arranged ;-).

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please

Last edited by Icefyre; September 22, 2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Added edit info
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2017, 01:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
Notable

Thank you very much! That would be really, really cool. I think of bringing Blacken to Prime next spring (2018/XXV), so he'd be close to Enamoria, anyway - so there wouold be room for a proper wrapup of those loose ends, as well.

- Maybe we could use the adventure to set up something that one could later continue?
Old September 28, 2017, 08:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
Notable

A basic overview of Blacken and his personal progress by the beginning of winter of XXIV:

Quote:
He had spent the last few months in Sapienshire and Northumbira, as his duke Alexis' loyal man-at-arms, and spent most of his leisure time reading, and bettering his knowledge about the language and the people of the Aelyrian Empire, something he had not done ever before. - But as Blacken was leaving his criminal past behind to earn to fit into his new role as a knight of House... Sapientia - nobody could pronounce the other name, by the Thousand Eyes!... He remained, before all other things, a hot-blooded young man:

With the first snow, he asked his liege for a leave. Blacken wanted to travel to Vesta, to get the blessing of the Aelyrian gods. He had never been religious, and never prayed to other Khemitian gods than to the Goddess of the Hunt, the night moon in the sky. - But a true knight of the realm was expected to at least know about the faiths and customs of his people, and so, Blacken had become determined to learn the ways of the Easterners.

Now, it was understood that he would not immediately travel to Vesta, but on the way, look for ways to better his lord's fame and fortune - and his own. And so, in a cold winter's night, arrived at the inn the rumors had been mentioning. He was surprised, but equally surprised at both the rumors being true - and at his own surprise.

----------

He dressed more knightly now, and had replaced the old ragged cloak with a new one that now featured both the Unicorn of the Khemitian Thieves Guild and the sigil of House Sapientia. His old armor, the one he had stolen from Paxia, he had replaced with a finer one, from whatever pieces the armorer in Sapienshire had been able to spare. He had cut his hair, and he had cut his beard, and he had gained weight while living and eating with his royal liege.

Blacken looked sharper now, more like a nighthawk than the hungry scarecrow he had always been. He wore a sword, and he wore his dagger, with the pride of a young man who had already bathed them in the blood of battle.
Old November 19, 2017, 02:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
Notable

The black-cled rogue on this picture could well be Blacken, a few years down the line.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: