Aelyria

Aelyria (http://www.aelyria.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.aelyria.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=438)
-   -   Large Social Events (http://www.aelyria.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132784)

Lucretia February 10, 2019 10:34 AM

Large Social Events

How would one go about hosting large social events? Say...balls, carnivals, etc, etc?

I would imagine money would be an issue so no new player really has a chance to 'host' such an event, but might be nice from time to time to see characters pop in and socialize and maybe the thread only lasts for say a month and then some xp is awarded or something-new contacts made, new items acquired-whatever.

I hope this is the right place to put this--not really sure.

Cheers!

Moss Oktra'rek February 10, 2019 06:53 PM

I imagine the general advice you'll receive is to roleplay it out...have Lucretia seek out a party or a host/hostess so she can find out where the cool kids are hanging out after dark. Obviously, if you do get to a high enough wealth tier, you could certainly make arrangements to host your own, but outside of that, I expect playing it out and fumbling around in the dark to see if you can receive an invitation for - or gate-crash - a party is the way to go.

Side note: this is a great place for questions related to the game itself. :)

Lucretia February 10, 2019 07:21 PM

'Cool kids.' Not exactly what I am looking for per say. Just looking for large events that happen in the city/ies/territories more or less. Maybe I didn't convey that correctly.

Anywho, I am hearing not gonna happen for a good while (or ever), thanks for pointing me in the right section regardless.

Moss Oktra'rek February 10, 2019 07:31 PM

Ah...this may be of help, then?

Holidays in Aelyria - Aelyria

There's festivals during Wintertide, Springtide, and other occasions. :)

Lyr Tlansson February 10, 2019 08:50 PM

This type of thing used to happen occasionally when there were city-based mods... not so much anymore. It's safe to assume that such things are still going on, though.

I mean, there's nothing preventing you (and everyone else) from saying "hey, lets all get together in X city and celebrate wintertide (or whatever) together!" Something for the matchmaker forum, I suppose? It would just take some OOC organizing, but that's standard for any adventure thread.

Also, why is Markalin the only god represented under religious holidays in the Holidays of Aelyria wiki? Er. I'm retroactively blaming Eli. :p

Lucretia February 10, 2019 09:13 PM

Perfect. Thank you, Lyr

Eri'Lariel Gil'dae February 12, 2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyr Tlansson (Post 1940163)
This type of thing used to happen occasionally when there were city-based mods... not so much anymore. It's safe to assume that such things are still going on, though.

I mean, there's nothing preventing you (and everyone else) from saying "hey, lets all get together in X city and celebrate wintertide (or whatever) together!" Something for the matchmaker forum, I suppose? It would just take some OOC organizing, but that's standard for any adventure thread.

Also, why is Markalin the only god represented under religious holidays in the Holidays of Aelyria wiki? Er. I'm retroactively blaming Eli. :p

I wondered this same thing. Carmelya has a couple listed under the general holiday section but mostly they seem under represented. Time to World Forge.

Charybdis February 13, 2019 08:35 PM

Eli REALLY likes holidays.