Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Principality of Moonstone

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old September 11, 2018, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Wealth Tier: Steel
Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
[ZA] Friends or Family? Time to Learn the Difference

"Not lost." From the comforting darkness came a familiar voice, clashing rather harshly to Vree's overall sensation of peace. Someone was rather grumpy, it seemed.

"It's okay to admit that we're lost. I don't think it will be that big of a deal if we just alter our course a bit." Another familiar voice piped in, returning the sensation of a soothing calm to the blackened void.

"Not lost." A grumble.

A sigh followed by the shuffling of movement along the invisible ground. Fading footsteps gave way to the clear sound of bugs chirping and an orc grumbling under his breath.

Hmm. To wake or not to wake? That was the question. From what the elfess could remember of the previous darkening, she and her companions decided to go on an adventure! Granted, it was Gruk that was to be leading the way and he refused to mention the details of said journey, claiming that it was a 'surprise for everyone.' Judging by how the conversation had just gone, things weren't going as the gentle giant had expected. Thankfully they weren't too terribly far from the main city should they need to backtrack a bit. For now, Vree had to decide whether or not she should reveal her consciousness or just continue to listen to her friend's mutterings while trying to drift back into a pleasant dream.

Posting Status: Family Emergency - will post as often as I'm able

CIR | SoF | Peer Mod Desk

Last edited by Talindra Koranthil; September 11, 2018 at 09:43 PM.
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2018, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Vireylda Saharn is a malevolent Minion

The journey to waking was not a pleasant one. Hard ground didn't exactly soothe her aching muscles, nor did the supposedly melodious sounds of nature. As I recall, a good number of those sounds are primal version of 'feth me'. A revelation like that quelled any remaining wonder that she might have possessed of natural glory. Scattered recollections came slowly, like whispers of thought on the wind. They had taken a journey away from Clawknight Tower, she could recall that much. Her orc companion had also been quite insistent on his impeccable direction, and that he had a surprise for them, so how would they find it anyway? Come on guys, use your brains!

Another, softer voice. Eirien. Vireylda was still getting to know the Quel necromancer, but so far had liked what she saw. Passion, Curiosity, Drive. They were all things she agreed with. Even if her methods for retrieving her goals were a tad questionable. Here again though, Vireylda had literally screwed a demon before, so she didn't have much room to talk.

The ground was starting to make her back stiffer than it already was, a few more minutes and she would resemble a wall more than a sentient being. There was nothing for it.

Vree opened her eyes, and carefully lifted herself up. Blearily, she peered out at her two companions. "G'morning." She grunted, clearly a master of the grammatical arts so early in the morning. Vireylda shifted, sliding herself from the...tent? Oh that was right, they had gotten supplies before leaving. Kijjan and her mercenary group were surprisingly well prepared. The sun greeted her with a joyous attempt to blind her. The shadow elf's blue eyes snapped shut in response, and it was even possible she hissed in pain. Casting her gaze from the traitorous sun Vireylda tried to focus instead on her companions. "So...how long have we been 'not lost'?"

In the pursuit of knowledge, nothing is forbidden.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Voted Best Neutral PC in the Aelyria Awards 2016
Posting status: Catching up (apologies for the delay)
Vireylda Saharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2018, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Ah, the joys of waking up with the one you love! Well, perhaps things were a bit difficult when the relationship was rather one-sided, but hey. No one could blame the dirt for its love of the pale elfess. Especially not after all the time that they got to spend together as of late. Still, parting was such sweet sorrow and the ground beneath her shed an invisible tear as she slid out of the tent.

Their campsite was a bit lopsided, as was the tent she had slept beneath, but overall it wasn't too bad. Eirien wasn't able to catch the words being thrown in her direction for she had decided to take it upon herself to do a little hunting mission. After all, depending on how long they were going to remain 'lost', they would need some extra supplies.

Gruk, however, sat right beside the tent. Literally. His bedroll was laid out in front of the entrance while the giant of a man sat alongside of it all. In his defense, it would be easier to defend Vree if he blocked the only way in and out of the tent. No one dared point out that it could easily grow a tear without his knowledge for he seemed quite proud of his plan.

Well, he was proud. Now the green individual was pouting, tusks jutting out from his extended lower lip as thick arms crossed themselves over his chest. He glanced over at Vree, continuing this pathetic look. "Not lost. Just...turned around." No more speak of lies! The orc took it upon himself to force a change of subject. "Vree sleep well? Tent comfy?"

Old September 12, 2018, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

A torrid love affair was theirs, truly.

As all star crossed lovers though, Vireylda had to leave her beloved eventually. Very carefully, Vireylda made her way to her feet. The sun shined right in her eyes, and the cold wind brought her that much further from sleep. She took a look at the campsite, scanning it with furrowed brows. "You know I don't need a bodyguard, right?" Ugh, even her voice still sounded tired, fogged with the stuffy threads of drowsiness. The elf shook herself in an attempt to break out of the fatigue.

Vree couldn't fault him for his concern though. She hadn't been sleeping too well lately. Try as she might, the pressures of having not just her own fate weighing on her shoulders, but others was slowly taking it's toll. She probably looked worse than she felt -and she felt a ghost of her former self- the very thought souring her mood further. "Do you remember where we got turned around?"

She gazed at the tent, then back to her orc companion. "About as well as I have been, and yes it was." Comfier than the ground, that is.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old September 13, 2018, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

The expression that the necromancer was met with was that of complete disbelief. Almost dripping with a twinge of sarcasm. She didn't need a bodyguard? No. No, she didn't. What she needed was a friend to always have her back.

...and pretend to be a bodyguard. So. Big difference.

With the immediate wave of irritation dismissed, the orc sighed and pulled his companion up into his lap. A rough hand reached up in an act that contrasted its features, rubbing 'gently' along her cheek. "Vree not sleep well. Gruk see bag. Vree sleep more if want. Not lost, just delayed." He offered up a toothy grin, his way of trying to keep her spirits up. After all, this was to be a surprise! He couldn't have anyone upset on the journey over there, right?

Old September 14, 2018, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Sitting was nice. Standing took so much work, and really, she was so drained even a slow collapse was preferable to the physical effort of remaining upright. For a few blissful seconds, Vireylda hung between the hazy fog of drowsiness, and the dawning sharpness of waking.

Then she was picked up, and all that went right out of the window. The shadow elf was quite frankly, dwarfed by her orc companion's size. Her might well have been a green cavern, towering over her, blotting out the sun. You know, you are very lucky he follows you willingly, because if he ever turned against you, there would be nothing except a smear. Her eye twitched, irritation boiling more at herself than her orc friend. Vireylda flailed, and opened her mouth to say something-

Then Gruk punched her in the face. Betrayal! Tension filled her frame, and the necromancer was already calling on her power to-

Wait, he was talking. Did he..not realize he'd punched her in the face? Her blue eyes blinked in quick succession. "I don't normally sleep well. It's kind of a thing lately. I'll take a nap later if I feel like it." She leaned against her living seat, looking up. The orc's upside down face was still grinning. "Where are we going?" Oh goodness, she did sound tired. Maybe that was because of her slowly growing stomach ache? Food was a thing!

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old September 15, 2018, 08:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Hiya! Accept the orc's love and concern or else!

No, it was definitely more along the lines that his strength was unknown to himself but definitely something that the necromancer had caught notice to in their time together. Hooray for not betrayal! Phew, that was a close one though. Perhaps it was the exhaustion that made poor Vree think such thoughts about her companion? Or maybe the dirt was having a little too much influence on her mind since it was known to be rather selfish and want her all to itself.

Shame, dirt. Shame.

"Why it a thing? Gruk no like that it's a thing. What can Gruk do to help?" The orc asked, dropping the grin due to pure worry over his pale friend. As if on cue, and to prevent the answer that she would likely not receive, Eirien returned with a deer's carcass dragged behind her! Hooray! Well, to them maybe. She would have preferred to reanimate the beast so that she wouldn't have to do so much work, but noooo. Certain tall, green people didn't like that their food moved after death.

Supposedly it tainted the meat somehow.

The woman grunted as she dropped the creature next to the fire, collapsing onto her knees beside it. Breathless, her gaze lifted up toward Gruk. "Here you go. Cook away." She gestured weakly toward the dead creature, shifting her weight so that she could comfortably sit down on the ground where she fell. Due to the strain and battle against the natural elements, her preferred braid had almost completely fallen out. Feth.

"Ooh! Good idea!" Gruk beamed, rising onto his feet while keeping Vree in his grip. He walked over and 'gently' set her down next to the other necromancer. "Vree and Eirien talk! Spend much time together. Gruk cook!" Refusing to take no for an answer, the large muscular creature pulled the corpse closer to the fire and started working on it.

Eirien blinked in confusion for a moment before leaning over toward Vree. "Is it just me or has he been acting strange ever since he and Dorian spoke?"

<3Gruk and Dorian had a little conversation prior to this thread. Just so ya know.

Old September 16, 2018, 10:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

She opened her mouth to tell him why it was a thing. Really, Gruk should know better. How long had he been her companion now? He had seen her when she took on these new responsibilities. It wasn't a question how she would have reacted. Or, it shouldn't have been.

Then she was unceremoniously dropped on the ground, in front of Eirien who looked like she won her fight, but only just barely. The braid was hanging forlorn, and her fingers itched to just pull it out completely. It was just...bothering her that the thing was only halfway there. Either fix it or take it down all the way dammit!

"Probably. I'm not that great of a person to ask though, because he always acts strange, to me. What caught your eye?"

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old September 16, 2018, 11:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Eirien, having managed to recover enough strength back, reached up and ripped her braid completely free. Lilac strands floated down past her shoulders, sitting for the first time in what felt like ages. She couldn’t help it! The necromancer couldn’t stand having hair in her face. Well, this was an exception since she didn’t feel like putting it back up.

Give it a few minutes. Perhaps a wave of wind or two. It’ll be right back up. Though, with it shaping around her thin face, it brought a nice emphasis to her eyes.

Oh well. Enjoy it while it lasts!

“I’m not sure,” Eirien began with a sigh as she let her gaze wander over to the orc in question, “but I just feel like he’s been...pushy.” Errr, not the best term. Try again? “I-I mean, not that I don’t like talking to you! I do, I’ve just noticed that he’s given u-us more space than usual a-and,” Yeah. Time to put that hair up after several attempts at tucking it behind her ear awkwardly. Maybe that sort of distraction would hide her epic fail and the burning her cheeks. “H-have you, um, gotten any idea where we are going?”

Braid, braid, ignore the stammering, braid, braid~

Old September 17, 2018, 02:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Perhaps it was the fatigue, but Vireylda found herself strangely hypnotized by Eirien's fidgeting movements. Slender fingers danced before her eyes, threading through strands of lilac that hung gently against pale skin. Eirien seemed, to her view, annoyed. Or at the very least uncomfortable, eyeing it now and then with quick, deprecating glances. At least to her, the other necromancer acted like she forgot it was down every other second or so. It was pleasant to look at, tousled by the wind in an invisible caress. Vree could relate somewhat, her own hair was still short enough to not interfere, but it was longer now than it had been in eras. Just was an adjustment.

Vireylda jerked when Eirien spoke to her, syllables slicing through whatever heavy, fogged haze she was inflicted with. She felt thrown off kilter for a few seconds, as if she was suddenly punched in the face, while trying to delicately balance on something. Also her mind so helpfully stated, that she had been staring this entire time. Probably for a fairly inappropriate amount of time. It took a moment before she could bring herself back together, frantically reaching for whatever Eirien had said. "Well, he's been pushy before. Subtlety isn't his strong suit, but he tries his best." A smile crept into her voice at the end, accompanied by a light laugh after Eirien's stammered apology. "You don't have to be so tense, remember? I figure his distance is probably because this is the first other necromancer he has met, and he wants to give me a chance to discuss things with someone who understands." She paused, brows furrowing. "Not really sure about the increase in whistling though, that is a bit confusing. Possibly alarming." Carefully, the shadow elf looked closer at her companion. "Unfortunately not. He's been a bit cryptic about it." The quel's frantic movements caught her eye again, but the shadow elf changed the subject, lest she be enraptured again. "So...what did you lose a fight with?" Her lips spread into a wide grin, attempting humor. "Unless you've added blood and gore to your normal ensemble?"

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old September 18, 2018, 11:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Braid, braid.

Why is she staring at me?

Braid, braid.

...WHY

Braid, br-oh.

Around the same time that the haze was released from her fellow necromancer, Eirien had reached the end of her braid. Due to the unease of Vree's stare, she had lost track of the motions which resulted in everything falling back to where it was. An exasperated sigh escaped her pale lips, throwing her arms down in defeat. Feth it. Despite her frustration, the smile that appeared was shared between them as tension did its best to leave her thin frame. "R-right. Sorry. I'm not too good at this sort of thing."

Hm. That was an idea. Since the orc was giving them space, perhaps it would be a good time to discuss their interests. That's what acquaintances did, right? "So..." she began, but trailed off for a brief moment. What was the best way to go about something like this? Direct? Subtle? "Do you have a preferred style of necromancy? I lean toward the reanimation of corpses, so long as I have permission to use them." There. That wasn't too bad, right? Right.

Meanwhile, our not-so-stealthy orc 'slipped' over to set two plates of cooked meat between the ladies. A quick giggle before he ran off to enjoy his own meal closer to the bonfire.

Old September 18, 2018, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

It all seemed a lesson in futility to Vireylda's eyes. All that effort, to only have it fall apart in the end. What was the point? Anxiety was pouring off her companion in waves, making the entire thing that much more uncomfortable. I'm not that bad at this, am I? She was doing everything right, she thought. Talk about shared interest, use some humor to break the tension. Was she just that horrifically inept at socialization?

Eirien may not have sensed her unease, but regardless her words were exactly what was needed. Vireylda's downward spiral abruptly stopped. Metaphorically, she'd slammed into the bottom. "I tell you what, we'll try and have a conversation, and between the two of us we'll probably do halfway decent." The shadow elf grinned, her white teeth shining briefly.

Questions! Oh, she could answer those! "Entropic manipulation. Decay, Rot, Erosion. That kind of thing." It felt like the statement was hanging in the air, out of place and extremely, visibly awkward. "I ah...I just kind of like the idea that I'm essentially causing in a few seconds, what would normally happen in eras. Time is one factor that wins out eventually. I've never known any exceptions..." Her eyes moved, mouth still going despite her attention shifting.

The food Gruk had attempted to stealthfully place between them looked quite scrumptious. Again, his strange behavior vexed her. "See, that right there? That is sort of strange, but he's done other stuff like this before so..." A silence grew, like it was waiting at the end of her sentence, so it could drop and suffocate them in uncomfortable awkwardness. "Anyway. Any particular reason you like resurrection? Personally with the entropic manipulation it's mainly simpler, but also feels less...invasive, I guess? People are a little more receptive when they don't, well, see reanimation."

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old September 19, 2018, 09:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

She has a really cute smile.

I MEAN NECROMANCY YEAH YAY

The awkward sirens began to blare in the poor woman's mind, confused and yet somehow blushing as her gaze fell upon such an unfamiliar sight. It felt as if, in the time that they had gotten to know each other (or just exist beside one another rather), the woman rarely ever smiled. Eirien could understand why that was the case, just from her new role as leader of lands and a tower to boot, but still. Everyone should be able to feel joy and relief from their stresses every once in a while.

...right? That was what normal people did? Or rather, that was what Dorian did each time that he detected an OUNCE of stress within her frame. They would always take a break, have some tea and discuss something that would make her feel at ease.

Gods, it sounded as if he was the one that Vree needed, not her.

Unfortunately, things couldn't be changed by this point - even if they weren't lost - so she shyly turned away and instead lifted her gaze up to the clear sky that brought color to their dense and looming surroundings. She didn't know it, or wasn't cognizant of it, but a smile had grown across her own face as well. "No, you're right. That's really neat. I don't think I've put it in that sort of perspective. As if time itself is in your hands. I suppose that's how druids feel," a soft chuckle interrupted her train of thought, "well, maybe the opposite. Since they grow new life rather than diminish what time one has remaining."

Whoop. That accidentally turned depressing. Moving on! Gruk was acting weird? Well, food did 'randomly appear' from thick green air so. She gave a firm nod, but didn't speak on it further for her companion seemed to prefer letting it slip between the cracks. More than likely, the orc would prefer the same. Resurrection speak! A new attempt at not being so depressing. "Honestly? There's something about it that can give people hope, even beyond the grave. I know that sounds crazy, but hear me out."

She turned around in one swift movement, turning to face the pale elfess before her with a newfound fascination. It was kind of cute how excited she was getting. "A lady that I once spoke to put it to me like this. If she were to have passed on before her husband, she would pass on to the golden gates knowing that kind folk would help those she cared about dearly using what remained of her on Telath. Granted, it was associated with 'good' necromancers, like us, but I had never thought of it that way. You know?"

Gruk, from behind the scenes, was flashing a wide, tusky grin.

Old September 20, 2018, 09:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Unfortunately -or fortunately, depending on how you looked at it-, Vireylda's thoughts were nowhere near similar to Eirien's own. The clouded fog that had been assailing her since waking, was finally starting to lesson enough that she could function with some manner of lucidity. Thoughts came slowly, responsibilities and things that needed to be done, along with how long she'd been gone and if her people were okay.... Well, it was akin to a trickle of water as a prelude to a flood. Vree would drown if she wasn't careful.

Ironically, Eirien - who was currently questioning her actual contribution to this gathering- was the thing that brought the shadow elf back. One couldn't dwell on duty and responsibility when they were being distracted by shop talk! Vree laughed, a sharp and bright sound that pierced the air with mirth. "That's the first time anyone has ever compared me to a druid, an evil corrupted one, yes, but not a normal one." The shadow elf smiled again, the corners of her mouth twitching in suppressed snickers. "You probably know already, but you miiiight not want to vocalize that comparison in front of any actual druids. They tend to, ah, dislike that sort of thing." Her voice remained light and airy, devoid of actual weight. A suggestion of consequences drifted from the words, but remained vague and subtle.

Vireylda leaned back on her hands, shifting the weight so she could look up at the sky as well. It was quite beautiful today. "The thing I feel like people forget is that the entropic forces they fear us using so much, exist constantly around them." She reached down, plucking up a dandelion in her thin fingers. "This flower will wilt and die." The elf pursed her lips, and exhaled abruptly. The flower in her finger exploded into various seeds, floating gently on the breeze, to be deposited wherever the wind might take them. "Yet, with that death, will come life. The destruction of that flower scattered the seeds to create new ones." The flower dropped from her hand to the ground, the necromancer's thoughtful, hopeful, tone going with it.

Instead, it was replaced with sorrow. The emotion hung from the words like rain waiting to fall. Vree sighed. "But the world we live in, sees only duality. One side or the other. Life, or Death. What does it matter that the dandelion will create new life, when it's visibly destroyed in front of them?" She shook her head, the motion causing tendrils of her platinum hair to fall down in front of her sapphire eyes.

Vree reached up and put it back behind her ear, looking sheepish. "Ah, sorry. Guess I'm super intense in the morning. Gruk usually doesn't care enough about stuff like this to have conversations like that." She coughed. Hey, let's change the subject! Yes, a marvelous idea let us do that. Now! Perhaps the universe was being to her, because Eirien launched into her explanation with such rabid sincerity it captured the shadow elf's attention almost immediately. It was only after she finished that Vireylda allowed herself to consider the words, and eventually open her mouth with a response. "It would be a far kinder world if all who practiced our art had those motives." She drooped. "More often that not, it isn't the case." Silence, thick and oppressive fell between them.

Aha, this turned depressing really fast. Whoops! Try and save it.

Vireylda searched Eirien's statement for something she could latch onto, found it, and then shattered the overwhelming aura around them. "But I have to say, knowing that at least one person thinks that gives me hope." She offered Eirien herself a smile, pointing. "Your master does as well, but you actually, inspire more."

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred

Last edited by Vireylda Saharn; September 20, 2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old September 20, 2018, 10:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Eirien had to admit, all of this? Felt...strange.

It wasn't anything that either were doing wrong. No, quite the opposite. It was unusual for her to actually manage an intellectual conversation with another who shared her interests. She didn't count Dorian for obvious reasons, but still. The pair of them spoke of entropy. Of death and decay and resurrection yet they continued to share laughter and smiles.

Not wrong, just...odd.

There was a chance, if she continued to linger on the thought as her inner lip managed to slip between her teeth, that it was because of their mindset that all of this was possible. Neither considered themselves to be 'evil', just misunderstood and yet still trying to do the right thing. Use their gifts as something that shouldn't be feared, but respected like any other magic.

Though a chuckle of her own managed to break through such serious thoughts, giving her companion a small nod. "No, that's true. I would never say that in front of a druid. Not unless they reaaally pissed me off and even then, I'm not sure if I would have the courage to try such a thing." Ouch. That was a bit of a low blow. The elfess before her had shown nothing but bravery and strength in times of duress. Eirien had been trying to do the same, but that moment of weakness sort of slipped out on its own.

Ignore me!

Thankfully, it wasn't too difficult of a task since her fellow necromancer managed to grab control of the reigns on their conversation. She watched with nothing but pure fascination burning within her gaze as the dandelion wilted before them. What the woman spoke of made sense and it brought anger into Eirien's chest, but she found it hard to let that show. The sight before her was a mixture of beautiful and sad.

Just as death and ressurection.

Eventually, the other emotions dwindled down enough to where she was able to give her frie-erm, acquaintance a calm response. "I understand completely, no need to apologize. It's one of the hardest things for people like us to deal with. What we see versus what the world sees. Even if I were to bring your flower back, they would see it as a monster rather than a beautiful flower as it had been before."

Eirien smiled softly, finding herself more at ease the longer they spoke, Which was weird because honestly? She had never gotten this far with anyone other than Dorian. Granted, she had never spoken with another necromancer before, but still! "It's been nice talking with you. It gives me hope knowing that there are others out there that share my ideals." A beat before awkward tendencies took hold and left her hands fiddling with violet strands. "I-I mean, if you spoke to Dorian like this or for this long, I definitely think he would inspire you more."

She cleared her throat, forcing herself onto her feet. "What say we try and get an idea of where we are so that we can keep moving? We can split up and meet back here once we've scanned the area."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: