Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Principality of Moonstone

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old January 5, 2019, 11:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Talindra did recall that there was a stream nearby. The water there was plenty clean, and would be sufficient in regards to washing off whatever the insects had sprayed her with. It did sting quite a bit, and in fact it actually smelled rather horrible as well, something that Malicia and Talindra were quickly becoming aware of as time passed.

A cautious approach from Malicia, but the insects didn't seem to be attacking. With the acid spray having gone out, and neither of the two of them having fled the scene? It seemed like the next step in the arsenal of these creatures was... flee! They began to scuttle around the trunk of the tree in an attempt to get some distance between themselves and the strange predators that had disturbed them. Where they had been, the bark of the tree had been scraped away, and the wound oozed tree... juice.

Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2019, 11:55 PM   #32 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Malicia Waxwode is unknown and forgotten
Malicia watched the bugs go with irritation, not all of it from her epidermis. She would have liked to have one or more of the insects so that she could try and distill their irritant, but it seemed that they had shot their store of chemicals and she wasn't about to try and keep them alive in a cage while they made more.

She heaved a sigh.

"I suppose all taken with all, things could be worse. But my, what a smell. Let's see about a wash."

She would follow Talindra to the stream, and set about washing out the worst of the spray.
Malicia Waxwode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2019, 11:32 AM   #33 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Wealth Tier: Steel
Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero

Tali watched them flee with a mixture of irritation and regret. They had the potential to be valuable in regard to their mission, but the fethers hurt like all get out and she was beginning to smell as well. Before heading to the stream, however, she caught a glimpse from the tree as it oozed...some sort of juice.

The elfess set down her bag, searching for an empty vial or bottle to try and collect a sample of it for further research. Whether she was successful or not, she returned to the stream and put all of her stuff along the shore so she could batheeee. Clothes getting wet? Not a problem so long as it got rid of that horrid smell. She even dived down a few times to ensure that her hair and face got rinsed off as well.

Once everything was as clean as she could make it, she laid out on the ground to air dry. "That was disgusting, but certainly an adventure." Tali commented with a soft chuckle, her copper gaze shifting toward her companion. "How are you feeling? Any better?"

Posting Status: Within (2) weeks - please message if it goes beyond [02/05/19]

CIR | SoF | Peer Mod Desk
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2019, 09:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Vial? Bottle? A vial, yes. Talindra had a vial. A bit of the sticky stuff into the vial.

Then, a trip to the stream. Both Malicia and Talindra found the water to be a bit chilly, but that only helped soothe the burns that they had suffered as a result of spooking the insects. Yes, it seemed that they were lucky enough that this was the sort of thing that was easily rinsed away with water - and didn't somehow exacerbate it. What luck!

Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 12:45 AM   #35 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Malicia Waxwode is unknown and forgotten
Malicia washed carefully, in an unhurried manner, then lay her damp clothes out to dry.

“Me? More or less fine. Much better for having bathed. Hopefully some of these fungi are going to yield something interesting. I like some sort of payback for loss of dignity.”

Taking out her notebook, she made a few quick notes and a sketch of the insect that had sprayed them.

It occurred to her that it would be quite too long before her clothing dried, so she shrugged them back on still wet.

“I suppose we better press on. Our body heat will dry our clothes, and exercise will warm us.”
Malicia Waxwode is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: