Old June 11, 2018, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Legend

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Sima Amarael is a glorious SuperheroSima Amarael is a glorious SuperheroSima Amarael is a glorious SuperheroSima Amarael is a glorious SuperheroSima Amarael is a glorious SuperheroSima Amarael is a glorious Superhero

[ZA] Where did it go?

TS: ULYRIS, Era XXV

It's my Chance and I Know Just Where it Goes

Required Influence: 0
Reward: Wealth, +2 influence, high-level thaumaturgy imbuement

The Principality of Moonstone has recently received word that strange behavior has been reported in a nearby forest. The region is phasing in and out of existence, and the area in which this is occurring is reportedly expanding. Investigate and solve the issue if possible.

There wasn't enough information back in the garden at that time, it was probably because there wasn't enough people gathered there so early in the morning.

Where do people gather information about a disappearing forest? The gnome asked himself. There were several answers to this question and Sima was on his way to check one.

The Pub.

It was where adventurers go and in his experience, where information about disappearing forests should gather.

Sima climbed a bar stool and ordered himself a pint of ale. There wasn't many patrons in the place for obvious reasons. There were a few drunk patrons on the floor... they could be drunk or already dead, the bartender didn't really mind.

He took out his tarot cards and started shuffling as he sorted thoughts about the investigation in his head. He took one card from his deck.

"The moon?" He stared at the card for some time as he reflected on what it could mean.

Last edited by Sima Amarael; June 19, 2018 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Wrong Timestamp XD
Sima Amarael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2018, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Steel
Alphonsus is a benevolent Adventurer

Summer. It was time for Alphonsus to return to his own job in Medonia, but as chance had it, he decided to visit a pub to find out more about some disappearing forest. It might be worth investigating, especially after exploring a glass forest not long ago. It might all be connected

As he entered the pub, he quickly noticed a gnome. A gnome in a pub didn't really interest the elf, but a gnome playing with cards alone that interest him. Maybe he could play a hand or two before while waiting for more patron to appear. That would be good.

He was about the greet the gnome when he saw the cards were tarot. That interested him even more. "Serale friend. What does the future holds?"

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Posting Status: Injured Hand. Slow post
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2018, 03:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Legend

Sima Amarael is a glorious SuperheroSima Amarael is a glorious SuperheroSima Amarael is a glorious SuperheroSima Amarael is a glorious SuperheroSima Amarael is a glorious SuperheroSima Amarael is a glorious Superhero

"Shrouded in illusion. We fear that which we cannot comprehend." Sima said as he showed the moon card to the elf who approached him. He looked up and looked the elf with his perpetually sleepy eyes.

"Serale." He greeted the elf as he returned the card back to his deck and started shuffling his cards.

"I don't expect the investigation of the disappearing forest to be easy and I guess the card is giving a fair warning." He said to himself then he laid the card on top of the bar counter and reached for his ale (both done while he was seated, he added length to his hand so he can reach the stuff he needed to reach.)

"What can I do for you? Here to get your fortune told?" Sima asked the elf.
Old June 17, 2018, 12:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mythic

Alphonsus looked at the card. Yes. It was a moon alright.

"You are also looking at investigating the disappearing forest?" He asked in a surprise. He hadn't thought a tarot reader would be interested in such a mystery. On second thoughts, the tarot reader should be interested in the mystery of the vanishing forest.

"Hmmm... my fortune? I rather not have my future lock in the cards, but why not." The elf chuckled and extended his hand to introduce himself first. "Alphonsus."

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old June 17, 2018, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Legend

"Sima." He wasn't really sure why he would entrust his name with an elf he just met, his name just came out of his mouth.

"Don't think of the cards as locks, this is just your chances telling you choices. Whether to heed the card's advise or not is a choice." Sima said to Alphonsus as he started shuffling the cards.

"The moon for example is but a question of whether we should let ourselves be distracted by the unknown or a challenge for us to bring that which lurks in the darkness into light." He continued his explanation as he continued the shuffling, maintaining eye contact with the elf.

"In connection with that which I seek at the moment, the moon serves both as a warning, a challenge, and a chance to reflect and illuminate the darkness." Sima then stopped shuffling.

"'Also', does that mean you too are after the mystery of the forest that's been phasing in and out?" Sima asked.

"Pick a card."
Old June 19, 2018, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mythic

Alphonsus listened to Sima's explanation on the meaning of the moon card and nodded.

"Yes, it means I am going after the mystery of the phrasing forest. Do you have any idea what is causing the mystery?" He looked at the deck of shuffled cards and picked the one right on top.

"The one on top."

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old June 27, 2018, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Legend

"I have no idea, but maybe the cards have an answer." Sima replied as he revealed the card the elf chose. It was the Tower, an image of a tower struck by lightning, its windows were burning.

"Destruction and/or liberation..." He paused for a moment, focusing and reflecting on the Tower card.

"Hmm, I can formulate a theory." Sima placed the tower card over the bar counter before standing up the bar stool.

"Are you familliar with arcane spheres?" Sima asked the elf.
Old July 2, 2018, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Champion

Icefyre is a malevolent Minion

oocA Theory that s crazy mod Mod like person May be able to help...Me? This is going to get a little crazy :-). Shall we have some fun?

The bar tender had been standing, as most bar tenders do, behind the bar. He was watching the little one playing cards and discussing something that he had heard about a while back now. The bar tender was a little rotund in shape, but smartly dressed, with slick, oiled jet black hair. He had a thin moustache, also waxed, to a fine point on both sides of his face, with an intense blue iris in his left eye, and a softer Green coloured iris in his right eye. He put down the glass he had been cleaning, and approached the two fellows that were seated at his bar.

”Serale Gentlemen. I couldn’t help overhearing some of what you happen to be discussing this fine brightening. Now then, would you be looking to partake of some liquid refreshment this brightening whilst you discuss the disappearing forest, or you just want to discuss why it only disappears during the brightening candlemarks?”

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2018, 02:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Legend

"More ale please." Sima said to the bartender before realising the bartender just gave a new information about the case. He paused for a moment.

"That's a development. In theory, there must be something that has the sun or time as a trigger to cast a spell over an entire forest. We're probably looking at a spellbreaker's creation using sorcery. With that in mind, we can expect the flora and fauna to be affected by such strong contamination. In theory, that'd make everything in it very dangerous that it would be advisable to investigate first the area during the brightening. Scan for strong signs of arcane contamination and such. Possibly find the epicenter." Sima spoke fast with his thumb and index finger brushing his goatee as he spoke.

"Thanks for that bartender, do you knoaw anything else about it?" Sima asked.
Old July 3, 2018, 12:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mythic

Arcane sphere. Of course Alphonsus knew about them. He spent many a candlemark in libraries studying, looking for inspiration and enjoying the silence of the place. He had read about essence magic, saw essence magic at work and well, you got the idea.

"Arc..." Alphonsus began, but was interrupted by the bartender. The bartender seemed to know something about the place, then again, ain't bartenders the source of good information? "Yes, a glass of elf-made wine if you have please. Or honeyed mead will do as well."

Alphonsus listened to what Sima had to say. He knew a spellbreaker personally, but he wasn't too familiar with spellbreaking. Books only said that much about that uncommon ability.

"Do tell if you know more or direct us to someone that might know more."

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old July 7, 2018, 06:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Legend

"Elf-made? Is there really a difference between wine made by elves or by humans?" He asked in reaction to what the elf wanted. It was out of curiosity, but it may just come out as an insult with Sima's eyes looking dead and the tone of his voice may just sound like he was uninterested.
Old July 7, 2018, 07:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Mythic

While the bartender went on to serve him, Alphonsus wondered what was with Sima's question, but he decided to reply it as a personal preference sort of tone. "Yes, there is. Elves tend to create sweeter wine with a more fruity taste. Human wine are stronger in flavor, more full bodied. It is still quite young in the brightening, so I would like something more soothing and sweeter."

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old July 30, 2018, 05:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Champion

Icefyre is a malevolent Minion

oocsorry for the delays guys let’s continue

The bartender approached with their drinks and then pearched himself his arms resting on the bar as his left foot lifted and placed on a rail around the base of the bar.

”Well now I knows lots about drinks and things but this magic stuff? I knows not much of that. All I’ve heard is that there is part of the forest that just disappears each brightening. The crazy thing is if you are in the area when it returns then the last person that went looking to see what was going on didn’t come back. So if you’re going looking for it, you best be careful. There are rumours that there was someone who went into the forest when it was darkening, but then when the brightening came he disappereared as well, but he returned next darkening saying he’d seem some really weird things happening when he went away. All in all doesn’t sound like a place I’d be wanting to go to look at.

I can give you a general direction of where to find this place if you like, but heed the warnings. The forest is non too distant, they call it the Belle Wood, to the north west of Here a bit. If you need directions there will be those on the roads that be willing to help you Gentlemen on your way. I dont know much more than that in truth, as somethings are a bit sketch like when it comes to information.”

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: