Old May 12, 2018, 01:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Vireylda Saharn is a malevolent Minion

Diamonds Are Forever (Indefinite)

As she stood at the door, Vireylda debated if this was still a good idea. It was the first time the pale elf would be coming to the Not Guild Of Questions, with a request instead of an offering of service. The last time still picked at her, the feeling of drowning, the water crushing down against her...

She shook her head, quite firmly. What use was that at all to her? Right now?! Absolutely none. Slender fingers clenched into a fist, and she knocked quite loudly. As she waited the remembrance of the last time she'd had to wait outside this stupid door reared it's head, and Vireylda could feel her eye begin to twitch just at the recollection.

It was never a preferred choice to involve the lich and her followers. There were too many variables, a lack of trust, the knowledge that Origa could kill her with probably a gesture, if not a thought. All things that told her it would not be the best idea. Except...it was her only one. The craftsman of Ziel Aerca wouldn't look at it, the energies that emanated palpably from the stone sending them quite thoroughly away. The creeping unease that she felt every time she gazed at it solidified the feeling. It ate any light that touched it, swallowing the radiance whole like a miniature vortex.

If it weren't for her stupid, insatiable curiosity Vree wouldn't be here. She'd kept the thing locked in a chest for cycles now, ever since the raid on Xania that she'd gotten it. The burning need to know had driven her out here, and out of options. The hand holding the pouch tightened on the string tying the top. "No going back now." She whispered, before knocking again. "Ariny and or Yloes. It's me. May I enter?"

In the pursuit of knowledge, nothing is forbidden.
CIR | SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Voted Best Neutral PC in the Aelyria Awards 2016

Posting status: Catching up (apologies for the delay)

Vireylda Saharn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2018, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

"Why, what do you want?"

Ariny. Which explained why it wasn't just a 'sure you can come in' or a 'no you can't.' Always had to be difficult and questioning.
Old May 12, 2018, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Right now? Oh I'd love to just strangle you out of frustration. She practically chirped, mentally. Slender fingers twitched, and Vree forcibly calmed herself. The pale elf offered a smile to the door, which she knew Ariny could see through the stupid slat. "I have something that is out of my specialization. I was hoping the High Priestess, or one of you could aid me in identifying it."

CIR | SoF
Red
rep is preferred

Old May 12, 2018, 04:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

"Neat. What is it?"

Ariny probably did this stuff on purpose.
Old May 12, 2018, 05:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Argh.

With a impertinence that surprised her, Vireylda snapped. "Why don't you open the door, and see for yourself? Seeing is believing, after all." Goddamit she could ask questions too.

CIR | SoF
Red
rep is preferred

Old May 12, 2018, 06:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"I can see just fine from here, can't I?"

Oh dear, hopefully Ariny couldn't read thoughts, too.
Old May 12, 2018, 06:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Oh the urge to continue this was strong. Vireylda growled, pulling the void colored diamond from her pouch, making sure not to touch it directly to her skin. Ergo why she made a habit of wearing gloves. She put it up to the slat. "See it well enough? Came from the burning remains of an undead ogre." She put it back in its pouch. "May I come in now?"

CIR | SoF
Red
rep is preferred

Old May 12, 2018, 06:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Foreboden!

The slat closed momentarily, but a larger slab closer to the middle of the door opened up. Something was pushed out of it, some leather mask or apparatus of sorts.

"We're working with dangerous stuff in here. Put this on, make sure it fully covers the eyes, nose, and mouth." Little glass lenses provided goggles through which Vireylda could see, and it seemed like there was some sort of filtering mechanism in place. It smelled like pee.

Once Vireylda had it on, Ariny opened up the door for her. She was bundled up for once, considering it seemed that the shadow elf always found them in their underwear and such. A gloved hand was extended.

"Give it here."
Old May 12, 2018, 07:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Vireylda was surprised more than anything, fully expecting to have to stand there for a good few more minutes until Ariny decided to actually let her in. That's what had happened last time, hadn't it?

Seems things changed though, as she affixed the strange apparatus to her head. Her nose wrinkled, but she suppressed the slight gag. All in the name of discovery, that was the important thing, right?

Right, and her expectations were even more supressed than the gag, as for the first time Ariny wasn't prancing about in her underwear. For a moment Vireylda hesitated, before handing over the pure black diamond.

CIR | SoF
Red
rep is preferred

Old May 12, 2018, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Ariny took a hold of it, holding it up in the air, looking at it. There was only one other person in the room, presumably Origa-Kuroi, it was hard to say. Covered in that much clothing, it was kind of hard to say.

It was brought over to the lich, and they both looked it over for a bit.

"Did you have any particular questions about this item?" Ariny asked.
Old May 12, 2018, 08:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Vireylda wondered idly how strange it was to be surprised by them actually wearing clothing than the other way around. Not that it mattered so much in the end.

"Well, I'd like to know what properties it has. Why it swallows the light, and emanates with such unstable energy? It came out of the fallen undead ogre, so I'm not sure of it's origin. I'm trying to figure out what I can use it for."

CIR | SoF
Red
rep is preferred

Old May 12, 2018, 08:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Why was always such a troublesome question. What else it could do besides the light absorbing, perhaps. What the energy could be used for, perhaps. Why it did these things?

"If I'm going to put in the effort to figure out why, then I'm keeping it."

Knowledge had its price, and Origa-Kuroi had never been charitable. Vireylda had to offer something in exchange.
Old May 12, 2018, 08:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Well, she wasn't expecting something for nothing.

"I didn't expect charity. If you have something that needs doing, I can go take care of it in exchange." Otherwise...well, she really didn't have anything else to offer, did she?

CIR | SoF
Red
rep is preferred

Old May 12, 2018, 09:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"This undead ogre of yours, did it have anything else on it?" Origa-Kuroi asked. "We can trade. Provide those materials to us, and we work with you on this."
Old May 12, 2018, 09:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

That seemed a fair enough trade. "There are other bits I got. Imp fangs, fireproof flesh. Ancient weaponry. A crystalized 'gem' that fell from inside it. I'm not really sure what it is, possibly hardened stomach acid."

She shrugged. "Is that sufficent for a trade?"

CIR | SoF
Red
rep is preferred

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: