Old February 8, 2018, 11:58 PM   #46 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa

"Pretty good!"

Sliucha felt like it wasn't polite to share why.

"Last night go okay?"
Sliucha Sindosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2018, 12:09 AM   #47 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Talindra Koranthil is unknown and forgotten
Tali sighed as she took comfort in a seat near the Governor. “The building itself was lovely. I’m afraid I couldn’t enjoy much of it, though. My mind seems to have kept me up.” She decided to not bring up the bath, aka the ‘bug’ incident that she had mentioned before.

“I thought about it, and I changed my mind. If it’s possible, I would like to stay in the complex. I don’t have much money, but I am willing to do some work if you have any available. I can also simply leave and return once I can afford it. Whichever would be easier and convenient for you.” She was impressed that she was able to speak so fluidly. I’m certainly glad some part of me can function on practically no sleep. The rest just wants to curl up on the floor right now and pass out.

CIR
| Current Location: Ziel Aerca
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2018, 12:13 AM   #48 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa

Oh!

...good! Sliucha smiled, rather happy about that. It'd have been a shame if Talindra had decided to just stay on the run, in the state she was in right now. She seemed to be in a rather tight bind, after all.

"Certainly! The state always has use of those willing to work for it. Know that we have a use for anybody, regardless of what skills you might possess, from the lowly thief or prostitute to the martial warrior, the craftsman, the chef - whatever it is, it doesn't matter. So, um... what is it that you do?"
Old February 9, 2018, 12:28 AM   #49 (permalink)
Citizen

Well, feth.

Tali found herself cornered. In their previous conversations, she tried to not mention her skill set. It felt like the revelation that she was a criminal would destroy everything - including a possible relationship with the Governor. However, the fox-elf mentioned in the list of skills needed which put her mind at ease.

The new question was how to phrase it.

‘I steal things for money, sometimes just because I feel like it!’ ‘Need something stolen? I’m your gal!’ ‘I steal things.’

“I have some background in simple thieving, which I will admit has been strengthened by newfound lack of control over my life. If you believe that to be something you require, I would be happy to take care of it.” She blinked, surprised with herself.

Maybe I should get less sleep more often.

What she hadn’t noticed was her slow decent in the chair.

CIR

Last edited by Talindra Koranthil; February 9, 2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old February 9, 2018, 12:33 AM   #50 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

"The state does occasionally need individuals to... liberate certain items." Mmhmm. Honestly? In a place like Ziel Aerca, it was probably no surprise that there was a bit of corruption that ran in the government. Really, Sliucha was by and large mostly benevolent, but she was corrupt as feeeeeeth.

"I'm going to assume that simple thieving means that you were stealing necessities to keep yourself alive." Food, primarily. "I'm willing to waive whatever criminal charges might be involved with that, though, if you're willing to work for me. I'm also willing to grant a pardon if you confess to anything more serious than that, right now."

The implication being that if it was discovered Talindra had done worse and hadn't fessed up? Trouble Town for the elf.
Old February 9, 2018, 12:00 PM   #51 (permalink)
Citizen

That might be hard.

Tali wasn’t certain of the extent to which Sliucha wanted her to confess. She had been stealing since before her near encounter with death. Her father trained her since she could remember, and he was very ‘hands-on’ learning. In his mind, thieving couldn’t be taught with mere books or practice around the house. The harder it was? The more she would learn.

As her mind tried to sort through the more important things she had stolen, her head smacked against the back of the chair. Feth! She jerked upright, repositioning herself in the chair so that she was once again sitting properly. When did that happen? That’s rather embarrassing. Maybe she didn’t notice?

With herself realigned, a soft sigh escaped her lips. “I’ve done quite a bit in my life so I’m not sure how far back you wish for me to go. Since being on the run, however, I’ve only stolen the clothes I’m currently wearing, some food and the gold I offered to you so I could stay in the complex for the night.”

CIR

Last edited by Talindra Koranthil; February 10, 2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old February 10, 2018, 04:30 PM   #52 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

All right, Sliucha would take that for now.

"You'll work on contract, then," Sliucha explained to Talindra. "You'll be given a modest stipend, enough to live on, but nothing spectacular. Every time you finish a score or a job, however, you'll be rewarded much more generously." Sounded simple enough, right?

"You'll stay at the apartments for now and that will be where we'll contact you if we have a job for you. Should anybody ask you work as a land surveyor, okay? I can pull some strings if you ever get caught by local authorities but it's important you don't actually say anything." Simple terms. Agreeable?
Old February 10, 2018, 06:33 PM   #53 (permalink)
Citizen

It sounded simple enough. She could take contracts which would allow her to travel while still having a shelter to hide under whenever she was in the area. If she was honest, a small part of her couldn’t help but feel hesitant.

Returning to her old profession. Having a place to call her own. It all sounded too good to be true.

Despite these anxious thoughts, there was little she could do since she already accepted the offer. She gave a firm nod and bowed to the Governor. “Thank you, milady for this opportunity. I hope my skills will be sufficient for what you or the state require.” There was a pause as she contemplated how to proceed from here. Her body begged to retreat back to the comforts of her apartment so she could actually sleep. However, her mind was wired and eager to begin her newfound journey. As pleasant as it was to have a place to call home, she felt as if she had already been lingering around too long.

“Do you have any contracts for me while I am in your presence? I wish to start as soon as I can, if I may.”

CIR
Old February 10, 2018, 10:37 PM   #54 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Hm... hmmmm? Hmmm. Sliucha had a few ideas.

"As you may or may not know, the Principality of Moonstone has some rather strict laws when it comes to religion," the governor began to explain. "There is no official state religion and proselytizing is outlawed without strict permission from the state. More or less, places of worship are regulated and illegal unless provided an exception by the government."

"The Church of Faith takes some umbrage with this and insists on sending delegations to try and spread their word. We've been cracking down on them but they're... insistent." And it didn't help that the Church of Faith had quite a widespread base of followers, and that there was only so much that could be done when a fair amount of those who had immigrated into Moonstone followed their beliefs.

"A small entourage recently came into town and have set themselves up in a local tavern. I'd like you to go and steal one of their uniforms."
Old February 11, 2018, 11:30 AM   #55 (permalink)
Citizen

It sounded simple enough.

A bonus was that she despised religion for it was nothing more than false hope. People relying on something or someone they can’t see to fix their problems. Make their lives better. Cute their ailments. Correct the error of their ways. It was pathetic, if she was honest with herself.

With this in mind, she decided to add an additional challenge and take more than just a uniform. She didn’t openly admit to this, however, and gave Sliucha a firm nod. “Of course. What’s the name of the tavern? I’m sure they’ll stick out in a crowd once I’m inside.”

CIR
Old February 11, 2018, 09:51 PM   #56 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

"The Indulgent Wastrel."

Sliucha passed along what information she had. Five individuals who had come, two of them in shared rooms and one on their own. Three men, two women - Sliucha didn't care whose uniform got taken, though. Not too much else beyond that, though.
Old February 12, 2018, 12:09 AM   #57 (permalink)
Citizen

Tali raised from the chair, information locked in her mind as she smiled. “Alright. I shall return the uniform back to you once I’m finished.” It was a nice feeling, if she was honest, saying that the two of them would see each other again. There was a sense of normality to it, one that she didn’t think she would be able to feel for a long time if ever. However, there was a bit of paranoid that latched itself on as it always did. Was she making the wrong decision? Allowing herself to fall back into what most would consider a daily life when her own was being threatened?

It was a risk that the foxy elven woman before her assured her would be safe. With it having become a question of trust, paranoia gained an extra bit of footing. She had only just met the woman and already she was putting quite a bit of faith-or trust, rather in her.

Logic took a swipe as it brought attention to the status of the woman. She was the bloody governor. She had to get there somehow! It’s not like Tali had befriended a total stranger who simply told her that she had a nice ass. The fox-elf was risking a bit by offering her work and allowing her to live in the apartment with little money attached

Paranoia once again found itself dangling, but was never on the verge of truly falling. While it annoyed her sometimes, she found it to be a useful survival skilll in certain situations.

After giving a final bow, she left the Moonstone Academy to begin her first mission for the state.

CIR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: