Old October 18, 2017, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

[ZA] Rap of Risks and Rewards (Dante)

As Niven went back to the room after her time with Sliucha, she was practically vibrating. She had so much to share with Dante! What luck that she'd not only made a connection with a powerful politician, but had gotten an exciting tasking from her. A wry grin twisted on her lips as she entered their room. This brightening hadn't gone anything like she'd expected. First the bizarre meeting with Captain Rosie and Adyn Throne in the hallway, then meeting an unshifted dracon who was a consort to the Governor of the entire Principality who was also an elf! What were the odds of that! "And Dante had wanted to stay under the radar and not had anything to do with them." But it turned out that getting to know them was going to a very positive impact on both of them.

Firstly, she was excited that Dante had the opportunity to be himself here. It had been so long since he'd been able to freely be who he was. And as much as Niven loved that he was in a seeming that was physically attractive and easy to be affectionate with, it pained her that the majority of Telath wanted to kill him just for his race, meaning that he couldn't look like his true self. In Ziel Aerca that wasn't a problem!

Then there was the opportunity for them to do a job together, something they hadn't done in ages. They'd been so busy taking care of their family, keeping them safe and staying out of the Church of Faith's notice, that they hadn't had the opportunity. And then there was the war and the fog and they were apart. If she thought about it, they hadn't done a job since the hunt for Eyvind Redbeard! Niven's eyebrows raised at that. That was quite some time ago. They were due for a collaborative venture and now that the kids were older, there was really no better time.

When she'd left Dante wasn't quite finished with Rosie and Adyn, so she'd just waved and signalled to him that she'd be back in the room. Looking around she snatched up the sheet off the floor where she'd discarded it earlier and the crumpled blanket from off the bed and made the bed while she waited. There was just something about crawling into a made bed at the end of the brightening that she loved and with the amount of hiding they'd done and the weapons they had stored in their room, Niven wasn't about to let housekeeping in there to tidy up.

If Dante didn't join her before she finished, Niven would move around the room, needing to get out her nervous energy, tidying up obsessively as she waited.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20, 2017, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

Dante wasn't a big drinker, but he'd been trying to make amends with the couple from this morning and that had led to more than one strong beverage at their table. Fortunately he didn't really have anywhere to go that brightening, so hopefully could let the toxins out of his system naturally. Why waste Vis if you didn't have to? Usually he was able to simply nurse one drink through the evening or engagement without too much trouble, but Rosie and Adyn apparently indulged regularly for they held their liquor like a pair of pros. The dracon wasn't falling down drunk, but he recognized the buzz and didn't look forward to the head ache he'd be enjoying later. "Water and food... yup that's what I need," he thought to himself as he headed up the steps.

The other thought that kept him, well more or less sober, was that he could be a dracon here! He wanted to shift immediately, stretch his wings and tail, test the muscles again. It took a great deal of work to get your wing muscles in shape to be able to use them practically and he hated that he'd had to ruin all of it because of the Church of Faith's prejudices. Of course he had to not think about that too much less his inebriated state make him irrationally angrier than normal. "Nope. Focus on the good!" he thought to himself.

He wasn't sure how much time had passed, but when he reached his and Niven's hotel room the place looked spotless. The bed was made and everything. He actually double checked the count on the door to make sure he was in the right room.

Ducking his head back inside he saw Niven looking, anxious, irritated, eager? He really couldn't tell, which bothered him. "Serale Beautiful Lady! [hic] I'm sorry my dear, but I think I may have indulged a little too much by way of beverage while speaking with our neighbors. Do we have any water to drink?"

Dante Asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20, 2017, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

The door opened and Niven turned from her pacing to find a very confused Dante. She almost laughed as he checked that he was in the right room. He looked at her, seeming quite perplexed as if he was trying to figure out her mood and unable to make it out. Her brow furrowed back at him, trying to figure him out. Something was different, but she couldn't put her finger on it. That is, not until he opened his mouth.

"Oh, gods in Aetheria, you're drunk!"
she exclaimed, shocked and amused. Niven had never seen him like this before and she wanted to laugh out loud at the sight.

"Water," she repeated through a wide grin. "Yes, we do. But you come here." Putting his arm around her neck with her right hand, she wrapped her left arm around his waist and made to help him to the bed. "We'll just sit you down and then I'll get you some water, hmm?"

CIR | SoF

Old October 28, 2017, 12:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

Dante looked very embarrassed. "Yes ma'am," he stated sullenly. Following Niven's instructions, Dante headed to the bed and sat down.

"Ok," he smiled at Niven; "May I have water now? Sorry it took me so long to get back." He sat there waiting patiently for Niven to smack him for drinking too much.

He chastised himself, because he'd never done that before. "I really didn't mean to! I was just trying to be friendly with our neighbors."

Old October 28, 2017, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Once she deposited her fiancé on the bed, Niven shook her head as she grabbed a water skin from their belongings, completely unable to hide her amused smile. She waved off Dante’s apology. It didn’t bother her that he’d enjoyed himself. No, she was pleased he'd made friends with their neighbours after that morning's debacle. But that they'd gotten him drunk she found it funny as all get out.

“Perhaps we should have had a bigger Rosyun?” she suggested, trying not to outright laugh as she handed the flask of water to Dante. Then she sat down next to him.

"I am glad you had a good time. I assume it's safe to say our neighbours were not the abhorrent people they seemed to be this morning?" she asked, an eyebrow raised. Niven regretted a little not getting to know them better herself, but it seemed that fate had other plans for her, plans that she was eager to share. But in order to have that conversation, she needed her betrothed to be a little more.... sober.

"Do you want to nap, perhaps? Sleep it off?"

CIR | SoF

Old October 29, 2017, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante's eyes grew large like a shamed child. "Yesh please. More bread would probably help. I think? Does that help?"

Dante's eyes got really large at the mention of the neighbors, then put his finger to his mouth in a shushing tone. "Shhhh... I think they're piratesss." He started, his drunken lisp coming out. "They definitely aren't... insheshtule though. They are not shiblings." He looked around the room suspiciously as if making sure no one else was there.

"The girl ish named Captain Rosie Krillosh and shhe's from Jaedakshia of all plashes," his sobriety seemed to be getting worse. He wasn't sure what he'd drank, but whatever it was had apparently been quite strong.

"Shleep? No, I'll be fine in a little bit." He attempted to rise, teetering a little as the room rocked like the deck of a ship. "Feelsh like a storm ish coming. We should shecure the cargo!" He attempted to stagger toward the door.

Old October 30, 2017, 02:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven couldn't help herself. She grinned widely at him as whatever he'd drunk last hit his system. "Gods, this is too funny," she thought.

"Pirates, huh?" she asked, her eyebrows raised. "Well, we'll be careful," she assured him, patting his hand.

"Oh good,"
she said, patiently. "I'm glad that they are not siblings. It was good you got that cleared up." She stifled a giggle.

As he rose off the bed and started to teeter towards the door, Niven was up in a flash and standing in his path. "Whoa there, sailor!" she exclaimed, a hand firmly on his chest and the other gripping his arm to steady him. "We've got everything secured and have battened down all the hatches. You just need to relax," she said playing along with whatever was going to get him to listen to her. Her petite frame was no real match for his dense muscular one.

She gave him a gentle push to seat him back on the bed. "Come relax with me," Niven cooed at him in soothing tones. "I need you right now. Come lay down with me. I need my big strong man to keep me safe as I sleep."

CIR | SoF

Old November 4, 2017, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Eternal

He nodded somberly as Niven explained she'd be careful. You couldn't be too careful with pirates. They tended to be an untrustworthy bunch, only respecting strength.

Then Dante couldn't be sure, but he got the distinct impression Niven was amused by something. He looked about, starting to grin, "Whash funny? Hee hee..." He tried to see behind himself to see what amused her, but nothing stuck out overly much. He scratched his chin in confusion. "Perhaps she had too much to drink?" he thought to himself.

Dante stepped back as Niven put her hand on his chest. He was the captain! The commodore! He wasn't told when the ship was ship shape he told everyone else! He was about to say so, when he realized that if Niven was there then they weren't on their ship. He gently patted her face. "She must be drunk," he thought.

Looking down and realizing he had some water in his hand he offered her some, "You should have shome of thish. Or you'll have a sherioush head ache in the morning. Or afternoon. What time of brightening ish it?"

He moved to go to the window when her cooing voice really caught his attention. "You do?" he said with a seductive grin. With a leering eyebrow raise he started toward the bed and Niven. "You were naked in bed with me thish morning. You're very pretty," he stated confidently as he sat where she pushed him and with a lightning quickness, that would be unexpected due to his inebriation, pulled Niven down on the bed with him. "I want to kissh you Niven Sholiel. I loves you very much. You need to know thish ok?"

Old November 5, 2017, 12:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

”Nothing, Melamin. It’s ok.” she reassured him as she fought her smile. Her reaction to his inebriation was just confusing him and she needed him to listen to her.

Her features took on a look of confusion as his face took on a look of patronization and he patted her cheek. “What on telath....? Though it all made sense once he offered her the water. Oh, he thought she was drunk. “That’s ok, Melamin, I have my own. You drink this one,” she said, patting the water skin and gently pushing it back to him.

The shift in his countenance both pleased her and made her nervous. She wanted to get him to lay down so he would sleep it off but the way he was looking at her was like how Juno looked at his Rosyun. She would have to tread carefully here on out. His ability to control his impulses was greatly diminished and while she was certain he would never force himself on her, she knew that a situation could arise that could prove embarrassing for him once he sobered up.

He pulled her down next to him and her eyes widened in shock, but she recovered quickly and smiled. She needed to keep him, the head, calm and happy while she, the neck, maneouvered him in the direction she wanted, and that meant keeping any emotion that didn’t get her what she wanted off her face. However everything she thought or felt usually ended up all over her face.

“I love you too, Dante Asunder,” she said, brushing a stray lock of his seeming’s blonde hair out of his eyes before leaning in and kissing him. “Very very much,” she murmured, wondering if he would even remember any of this later.

CIR | SoF

Old November 5, 2017, 04:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Eternal

He frowned. "Why would she not tell him the joke? Maybe she didn't think he'd think it was funny? Oh well," he thought to himself.

"Okay Me--," his eyes widened and he smacked himself in the face. This caused him to reach out to support himself lest he fall down. Once steadied he put his finger in front of his mouth again, "Shhh! It'sh a shecret. Shhhh. You can't tell yet." Dante seemed to be chastising himself.

He patted her face again, lovingly. "You're sho shweet to me," he replied as he took a swig of the water. "Mmmm... thish doeshn't burn at all! I like thish shtuff better." He chugged the rest of the water bottle, and while there was a little spillage, impressively most of it made it down his gullet.

He certainly seemed to be enjoying the direction she was leading him. As she kissed him he drew his hands up and down her back, ever encroaching on her derriere when suddenly he just grabbed a double handful of her beautiful backside. "That ish very nish my love," he stated as he tried to kiss her again.

Old November 5, 2017, 08:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven gave her fiance a funny look. What was he going on about? What secret? Chalking it up to the ramblings of a drunk man, she dismissed the remark.

"Uh huh..." she replied, a cheerful smile on her face. "It's very...." she trailed off as he started to guzzle the waterskin. ".....good," she finished as he soaked the collar and front of his shirt. Forcing a placating smile, she took the empty waterskin from him and put it with the rest of their things.

"Aiya!" she exclaimed in elvish as he gripped her arse. This was going someplace she needed to steer away from. She gave him a quick peck as he moved in to kiss her again and then scooted herself farther up the bed. Stretching and mock yawning, she said, "Oh, I'm so tired. Maybe I'll just nap for a candlemark or so...." The petite elf then laid her head down on the pillow and rolled over onto her side and curled herself up, praying that he'd just join her.

"Please just lay down. Please, please, please please...."

CIR | SoF

Old November 6, 2017, 01:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Eternal

Luckily for Niven Dante was already asleep almost as soon as she rolled away from him. In about two seconds she heard the familiar sound of his heavy breathing. He'd probably be asleep for awhile, and not feeling great when he awoke, but at least he'd be sober.

At some point during the nap, Dante started to thrash. His arms flailed and legs kicked and he had an angry grimace on his face, with a low growl in his throat...

When he finally awoke his hand went straight to his head, covering his eyes. He just lay there... silently.

Old November 6, 2017, 01:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

When the sounds of his heavy breathing reached her ears, Niven relaxed visibly. She let out a sigh of relief and rolled towards him, snuggling up.

It wasn't until he started trashing in his sleep that Niven even realized that she had fallen asleep as well. As an arm nearly missed her, the elf tucked and rolled off the bed lest she get hit. When he was usually asleep Niven was able to wake him and soothe him as he slept quite light. Now in an alcohol-induced sleep, she didn't have a chance. She just had to wait until he calmed down on his own and then climbed back up next to him.

When he stirred, Niven noticed as she had not really been sleeping after his night terror episode.

"Melamin?" she asked, taking care in the decibel of her tone.

CIR | SoF

Old November 6, 2017, 02:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Eternal

"Mmmm?" Dante replied. Hearing her voice caused him to visibly relax. He didn't remove his hand from in front of his eyes and simply waited for Niven to speak.

If nothing was forth coming he'd grimace and look out from the side of his hand in her direction. "Melamin?"

Old November 6, 2017, 10:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

"How do you feel? Can I get you anything?" Niven asked, giving him a sympathetic smile and keeping her tone soft and low.It was easy to presume after such an episode Dante was experiencing all the symptoms of a hangover. Niven had never had the experience herself but had seen it enough times in others to be able to recognize it. "A cup of coffee perhaps? Or more water? Maybe something to eat?" She tried to think of how else she could be helpful. " Do you have a headache? If I rubbed your temples, I'm sure we could coax it away."

Even if he wasn't feeling well, Niven was grateful that he was sober again. What had started out funny had turned a little alarming when he'd started tightrope walking the line they'd put in place on their physical affection. Fortunately, the line hadn't been crossed and her virtue remained intact.

Niven waited to for him to reply. She was still sitting on some pretty exciting information that she really wanted to share, but if he wasn't in the right frame of mind or feeling well enough to have a discussion, she would wait to bring it up.

CIR | SoF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: