Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Principality of Moonstone

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old September 16, 2017, 06:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Jen Neo is an upstanding Citizen
Afternoon. Five brightenings before the attack

- - - Darius - - -

”You must be Derick. Call me Hikar. Lieutenant Hikar only in formal occasion.” The Kemite man and a strong accent and common did not seem to be his first language.

”Yes. You good in riding horses?” He asked, then quickly continued. ”No matter. Horses well trained, not like Worgs there. Hard to control, though good in fight. Yes. Your mission. We will ride now into the forest. Look for anything to kill. Rabbits, deers and bandits. Here wear this both arm.” He handed him two stripped red and green bands. ”Change every brightening. Mark we are allowed to be outside. Remember to take from me every morning. We talk as we go.”

Lieutenant Hikar led Darius towards the gate where a group of horsemen was waiting. They all had the bands on their arm. A horse was brought to Darius for him. ”Ready to go?“

If Darius had not problems riding, as they cantered off, they noticed a giantess with the signifying bands, swinging a battle axe like a toy. Lieutenant Hikar purposely placed himself beside Darius, waiting for any questions before heading off.

- - - Maximus - - -

Since Seoni asked so nicely, Mercenary Le’vap decided explain. ”Everyone here has a rank here, even you. We promote base on merit. Right now, you are a Private and my rank is Mercenary. Above my rank is Lieutenant and above Lieutenant is Captain James. End job pay is based on rank, but since you are not official of the Tantarus, your pay would at least be that of a Corporal. Corporal is just two ranks below me. A little secret. If you do really well, it might be possible for you to be promoted to the actual Corporal rank within these five brightenings. You would be entitled to better pay at the end.”

”Alright, now for the important part. Our two blacksmiths were killed. One was killed in the last battle. Unfortunate, but fighting was his main job. Our main blacksmith was the unfortunate one. Like me, he was not supposed to be part of an offensive team. He was killed when the bandits sneaked into our camp during the blizzard. They stole quite a lot of our iron ingot after killing our smith.” He said in a very sad voice. The blacksmith was a good friend of his. ”I am no blacksmith, but with what little iron and steel we have left, we need a lot of weapons. Swords, arrows, spears and horseshoes. The forge is behind.”

When Seoni headed to the back with three thick broken poles on the ground, she saw what she require for blacksmithing The only problem was the number of ingots was very little. She counted 60 iron ingots and only 20 steel ingots.

Based on their size, every iron or steel ingot could make two sets of horseshoes or ten arrowheads. To make four spearheads, she would need 2 steel ingot and 3 iron ingots. To make a sword, she would need 2 steel ingots and 1 iron ingot. She could use less materials for the weapons, but it might thinned the blade too much for it to have any use.

oocKnow enough that you need iron, hammer, anvil and a forge. It is quite well built. Feel free to add anything essential. Take note of the recipes carefully and oocI have PM the detail your interested partner. If the schedule fit, feel free to bring them into the picture

- - - Jen - - -

Jen reported to the quartermaster and she could not find any good axe. First he gave her an axe she could barely hold without cutting herself. Then he gave her another bigger axe. Four test swings later against a stout pole, both the pole and the the axe broke. He finally gave her a double headed axe, which he said was a battle-axe. After testing on the other two poles, it was adequate. The weight would be just nice for her to cut down a tree.

At the gates, she was asked by the woodcutting team to wear two silly looking red and green bands on her arm. As a hunter, she knew red could be seen from afar by the enemies. It didn’t matter to her. She wasn’t about to go so far. She looked around and saw a great big tree right in front of the camp. When asked if she could chop it down, the leader of the woodcutting snorted and just said. ”Be my guest.”

She gave the tree a few tentative chops. She saw the axe had bit into the truck. After waving to a group of departing horseman, it was time for her to work harder. In the matter of ten minutes, she brought the big tree and started chopping it down to a more manageable size for human to use.
Old September 16, 2017, 09:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Notable

Darius Debuire is an upstanding Citizen
Darius had unfortunately never rode a horse before though he seemed to manage it well enough. "I do have a few questions. one is there an archery range to practice at when i am not out in the field? Also perhaps someone to spar with, my swords? Just to keep the muscle memory you understand." Darius waited for the answers to said questions then asked another "About how far from our camp is the bandits camp, and what are the chances of us stealing resources from them in small teams so they don't notice us?"

looking for pepole to play with who are fun
Darius Debuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18, 2017, 05:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Famous

Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen
Seoni nodded at the explanation. It would be good to know if they worked harder, they would be entitled to more gold. The question was, how did one promote around here. "What is the criteria for promotions?"

She listened to what happened to the two blacksmith. The first one must be like her, both a fighter and a smith. The second one must be like her master. Good in smithing, but lousy in fighting. Then again, when it came to her smithing master, one could never tell. She looked at the little pile of material. "How many of each must I make?"

Once she got the answer, she decided to look for the gnome. She had known several gnomes in her father's camp who were good at machinery or alchemy. "Just need to get something. If you can find some small pieces of useless iron or steel bits, some metal plates, useless bronze trinkets and a bag of coal or some old wood, I would be most appreciative."

With that, he headed off to look for the gnome.

Last edited by Maximus Navire; September 18, 2017 at 06:06 PM.
Maximus Navire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18, 2017, 07:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Notable

Mass OOCDo not use items you get here (those that you cannot buy with your wealth tier) until the end of the thread. You may lose or break the item. Thanks.

- - - Darius - - -

As long as Darius do not decide to fight on horseback, the horse was trained enough to order simple commands like move forward, stop, let me dismount and carry me away from the battle.

”As scouts, we have the easy duty. We either take the morning duty which would last until late afternoon... Afternoon duty which would end by supper time... or Late Night duty, which would end at dawn.” Lieutenant Hikar explained. ”So to your question, yes. We have an archery range that you can use during your off candlemarks. As for sparring, ask around. I am sure there are people who do not mind. Rule of thumb though, all fights ends at first blood.“

They cantered on for another 5 minutes when one of the scout suddenly let loose an arrow. That scout galloped forward and returned with a rabbit on an arrow. He smiled and hooked the rabbit to the horse. ”Good catch Dylan!“

”We are about a quarter brightening walk to Frigid River. That is where they are based. Stealing would be difficult. They had time to set up stake and high walls around the area. That is our mission. To look for any easy way to gain access.” He explained and urged his horse to move faster. Darius’ horse automatically followed.

Along the way, Darius saw the ability of Dylan. He was an expert hunter and spotter, scoring four more rabbits. Rabbits that Darius did not even see until Dylan released his arrow to show the way.

Then came a chance for Darius to shine. Dylan was chatting animately with the new half-eshl recruit that he failed to notice a back of the deer behind some bushes. The wind was in the scouts’ favor, the deer did not notice their smell and its sight was blocked by the bushes. What would Darius do?

- - - Maximus - - -

”We go by merit here. The more things you do, the better things you make, the more important enemies you capture or kill, the more people you save, the better. As for what you need to make, We need everything.” The quartermaster informed the curious girl. ”Alright, be back soon. I can look for those things. There is a mould somewhere for five arrow heads too. I will find it when you return”

The gnome, Wredon was found in the healer’s tent. The tent was filled with many injured men and women, some were very close to death. Wredon had taken notes about what injuries were in here and was preparing to brew some healing potions. When Seoni approached him, he was of mix feeling about it. A good looking girl looking for her, but he was very busy. ”Yes? What do you need?”

[ooc]You will find most of those items you requested in the stores.[/ooc]

- - - Jen - - -

The woodcutter team was impressed with Jen’s work and decided to use her to the camp’s advantage. They did not have the palisade yet as the trees here were not easy to bring down. Jen made short work of a few choice trees and they asked her to rest. Prepping the palisade needed finesse and they doubted a giant had it.

Jen did not sit down and rest though. As she worked, she felt agitation from her empathy with bees. She had felt this agitation ever since she entered the forest and was trying to communicate with the bees earlier, but she was disturbed. She decided to walk around to locate any bees in the area, but because she was still a novice, her range was not very huge. She just walked around randomly, keeping an eyes for bees and for any feeling that did not belonged to her.
Old September 18, 2017, 08:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Notable

Darius gave a nod "Difficult but not impossible, I would like to explore that option when we get a better look at the place."
After a while Darius saw the deer that no one else had seen and aimed his bow in an area that should kill it in one shot the neck. Once he had a clear shot he would take it.

Old September 18, 2017, 11:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Famous

"Serale Wredon. I am called Seoni and was assigned to help with creating weapon as I know the basics of it, but making weapons in a proper place and in the open are two different thing. I heard that alchemist really useful potions that can make me immune to fire for a while and even make fire hotter. I was hoping you have something along that line." Seoni flashed her best and brightest smile to the gnome.

She hoped he had some of those potions. It would allow her to take more risk when crafting those weapons, especially with some techniques she had not tried before.
Old September 19, 2017, 04:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Notable

- - - Darius - - -

The arrow flew and landed just off of the deer’s neck and hit its flank, startling the poor dear. It jumped forward and bolted. Lieutenant Hikar noticed the running deer immediately and yelled ”Hunter core! Go!”

He turned to Darius as half the scouts galloped away ”Good job noticing the deer. Your shot would give my hunters some thing to track. The rest of us will continue on.”

They neared Frigid Rivers after a quarter brightening of easy riding where they all dismounted. ”Right, spread out, don’t take any risk and return after three candlemarks”

Darius saw the fortified camp a full mile ahead. There was a great double door blocking the way into the camp. The walls were made from pack mud, stones and wood. It was an impressive camp.

Lieutenant Hikar explained the scouting plan for Darius. ”Don’t go near the gates. It is most guarded. Your choice. You can try to sneak to either the left or right side of the camp to look at the structure. You can look for any clue on the roads over there. Or you could just stay here and keep a schedule of the guards popping out of the wall for the three candlemarks. Just do whatever you think is right.”

- - - Maximus - - -

Wredon smiled back at Seoni. A pretty girl asking for her help. He knew how to make those potions and others that could help, but he needed the ingredients. ”Well Seoni, what are they thinking asking you to smith. I half expected you to be in the healer’s tents. I can make those potions, though I have nothing on hand. I am only allowed to make my potions in the evening, near the quartermaster’s tent, and I need some ingredients. If you can find something solid that burns very hot naturally, something solid that is very hard to burn and do not want to continue burning even after lighting it up and something metal”

- - - Jen - - -

Jen continued walking and soon sensed some agitation. She looked around and saw some bees ahead. She looked around to see no immediate danger, she closed her eyes and used the Shamanic ability known as Confabulation. Imagining a huge empty cavern, she mentally called out for any bees to speak with her.
Old September 19, 2017, 07:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Famous

After thanking Wredon, Seoni was off to work. She headed to the storage to look for things required by the gnome.

Something metal wasn't difficult. There were so many metal lying around. She could easily chip of a bit of steel for the gnome.

Something solid that burns very hot naturally. That was a not too troublesome neither. She searched for sulfur, magnesium, very old papyrus or solid lard.

Something solid that is very hard to burn and do not want to continue burning even after lighting it up. That was oddly specific. Her first thoughts were metal, stones, glass, silver coins and other things along that line. Those things would need very hot fire to burn. She decided to ask the quartermaster as well for such items. "Quartermaster Le’vap, I have met with an alchemist and he say he will be able to fix me up with something, but he needed something that is very hard to burn and would not continue burning. I am guessing he is looking for fire immune items. Do we have such things in stock?"

After that, it was onwards to forging. She decided to started with making swords with the ingots. She took 2 iron and 1 steel ingot instead and put them into a forge. Once they were cheery red, she hammered them into one piece of metal bar, with the steel bar in the middle. At any point it turned to dull orange, she returned it back into the forge.

Once the three pieces were fused, she started lengthening the metal bar to the length of the sword she needed. Then she reheated the bar to the right temperature, folded the metal bar into two and hammered it once again to the same length. She repeated the folding process thrice more. She hoped with the folding, it would strengthen the steel enough to be used.

After this, the four-fold process, the rest of the tasks were easy in comparison. She hammered the blade to form an obvious blade on one end, and a handle on the other. Once done, she reheated the blade once more, then it was the moment of truth. In the cheery red metal blade went, into the quench!

If that went successful, the blade should be hardened enough for use and it was time to make the pommel, the hilt and wrap the handle up. Those were the easy task.

She lifted the blade out of the water to see what she had.

Secrets :
Left over: 58 iron ingots and only 19 steel ingots.
Original Recipe
Every iron or steel ingot could make two sets of horseshoes or ten arrowheads.
To make four spearheads, 2 steel ingot and 3 iron ingots.
To make a sword, 2 steel ingots and 1 iron ingot.

Old September 20, 2017, 09:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
Notable

Darius looked about and then decided "I will head to the left side of the fort. Who knows they may have a side door something." Darius wondered if the bandits knew of knew about the new arrivals or not. He figured they knew about the bands. He wasn't going to betray the people wanting to wipe out the bandits, Jorelite or not he HATED bandits! "That does give me an idea though!" Darius thought "If they didn't know about me. maybe i can play that to my advantage to get in and surprise them before the attack." after all he was smart and had a velvet tongue Darius nodded again at his sheer brilliance. he then began his journey to the side of the fort he had chosen carefully and slowly.

Old September 20, 2017, 04:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Notable

- - - Darius - - -

Darius4 headed to the left of the fortified area and after two nearly two candlemarks of searching, he noticed the walls were quite well built and he noticed very little tracks around.

He suddenly heard a sound behind and when he turned around, it was one of the other scouts, holding a big piece of leaf to clear Darius’s tracks. He wordlessly handed the leaf over, nodded and went off. He had several pieces of leaves tied to his boots to prevent him from making any obvious track marks.

There was another sound that attracted Darius.2 It came a from the bend in front, behind a cluster of trees. It sounded like water, but after a fraction of a minute later, the sound was gone.

- - - Maximus - - -

Quartermaster Le’vap gave Seoni2s request a thought. ”There is a small shard of an gem used by water elementalist. It is useless for them now, but maybe it would work. I will give it to Wredon on your behalf.”

Her process with the folding worked and the blade came out nicely. She just need to complete it and test it.

- - - Jen - - -

Jen’s power began to work as the sounds around her fade away and she noticed luminous figures entering her dark cavern. The figures flew around as she called out. ”What is causing your pains my friends?“
Old September 20, 2017, 07:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Famous

Seoni looked at the blade and found it straight and true. The only thing she did not know was how hard the blade was without testing it, but to test it, she had to finish making it.

Time to move on. The rest of the procedure were what she did all the time. She a flat piece of metal she found and heat it up. Sufficiently heated, she hammered it flat then used a spike to create a hole in the middle of the metal. This was going to be the hilt. She cool it down, pushed the hilt through until it fitted tightly. Time to heat the handle up again.

Once it was cherry red again, she hammer the handle into shape and created a rounded pommel. That done, she wrapped a pieces of leather around the handle to make it easier to hold. It would also prevent the hilt from falling.

The final task was to grind and sharpen the sword up as Graxa had taught her.
Old September 20, 2017, 09:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Notable

Darius had heard something from the cluster of trees it wouldn't hurt to take a look a careful look. He walked over to the area clearing away his tracks as he went and looked into the area to see if he could see anything.

Old September 21, 2017, 12:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Notable

- - - Darius - - -

Darius walked silently over to the cluster and noticed a man pulling up his pants. There was a small puddle of water in front of him.

He did not recognise the man as any of the scouts, nor did the man had the green and red identifying band. That man had a sword sheathed to his waist.

The man didn’t notice Darius watching him and from behind the tree cluster and started walking towards the half elf while whistling horribly.

- - - Maximus - - -

Seoni had completed her sword, but before she could test it out, Le’vap appeared with two limping men. ”Good, you have finished your first blade. Let’s test it out shall we?”

He took the sword from Seoni and swung it about expertly. ”Looks good. Now for the two biggest test.”

He chopped the broken wooden pole several times with both side of the blade, sending wood chips flying. Next he threw an apple up into the air and sliced the apple into two. He touched the blade edge and nodded approvingly. ”Well done! I expect at least chipping, but all is well! Good job!“

”I watched you work just now and saw you have used more iron instead of steel to create your blade. It was quite worried it wouldn’t work and if it did, your process took a lot of time. So I have these two strapping young men here who got their legs injured. Luckily for us, Virgil here have some smithing training and was frequently called upon by the ex-smith to do all the finishing touches, creating the handle. You just need to make the weapon and sharpen then sword. He can do the rest. You can use Don here to help with fanning the flames. Carry on then.” He said and took the newly created blade away.

Virgil and Don turned to Seoni, waiting for instructions.

- - - Jen - - -

The bees and Jen spoke with one another and information was transferred. She knew where she could find the queen bee in the area, but instead of seeking the queen immediately, she returned back to report for more woodchopping duty.
Old September 21, 2017, 04:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Famous

Seoni was happy that her sword was survived the testing and was rated to be good. She was even happier that two other men were around to help her work. "Thanks Quartermaster Le'vap. I hope that with the folding process, we can create more weapons. These two handsome boys would help me a lot." She had add a compliment to the two men as she understood such compliments were free to give, but it gave the receivers a lot of boost in their ego.

"Alright Virgil. Since you have been trained to create handles, I will inserting of hilt and creating of the pommel to you. Is that alright? In the mean time, mind if you can gather any useless bronze or iron pieces. We are going to melt them and use them to create arrowheads."

"Don, for now I would need you to pump the bellows. I am going to teach you how to make the arrows ?"

Since she had two men working under her, she was going to make full use of them. Then it was onwards to forging another blade. She repeated the process to form the next blade, and since she was given a lot of free time, away from pumping the bellows, she started to search for sand casting mould and casted out spear heads.

She was not too happy with sand casting though. She had to recast the mould every time, but a permanent steel mould cast would not work with steel. Like what her teacher Graxa taught, she made a four layered casting and on each layers, there would be the shape of two spearheads. This way, each times she could complete eight spearheads at one go. Seoni did not leave the metal in the fire for too long, however. After crafting out one layer, she returned to the bang on the sword and return it to the fire. She would use her time most efficiently, also taught by her master.

When she had folded the bar 4 times as before, she hammered out the bar into a longsword, quench it and sharpened the edge. She also ensure the handle was well crafted out as well, leaving Virgil the task of creating the hilt, the pommel and wrapping up the handle.

Last edited by Maximus Navire; September 21, 2017 at 04:16 PM.
Maximus Navire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2017, 04:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Notable

Darius saw the man walking up to him certainly the man would know something and a hostage could potentially tell them a lot. especially if the right measures were taken who knows he could be someone important too. Darius waited for the man to get closer and then would knock him out with the hilt of his sword. and take a quick look at the area to see if he saw a side door the man could have come out of. If he was successful he would gag the man and head back to the waiting area. his main concern was to make sure the man did not sound the alarm though so if he did not knock him out he would kill him before he got the bearings of what happened with one of his swords stuck strait though the mans chest. even though he would rather take the man alive.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: