Old January 14, 2016, 07:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Legend

Wealth Tier: Steel
Razumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious Superhero

Scroll [Ziel Aerca] The Opportunity Office

Property rented here in the Autumn of Era XXII

Opportunity Office

At the edge of Ziel Aerca, smack dab upon the highway that led east, stood a small, nondescript building with a small painted sign nailed above its entrance. Red letters on white wood, it read in large, graceful letters "Opportunity Office." Below it, in smaller script, it said "Work and Income." Inside the building, the first floor was furnished with a sturdy wooden desk and drawers where files could be stored. A framed business license, provided by the Ziel Aerca Aedile, hung above it.

The owner of the business, a certain Mr. Schubert, could often be found sitting behind the desk, leaning back in a comfortable leather seat, and gently snoring. He was a fairly old gentleman, with a long grey beard, who was commonly dressed in a shirt and slacks. Sleeping was his favourite part of running the office, along with filing papers, while his friend and associate Razumikhin took care of all the other tasks that were involved in connecting people with job vacancies.

OOC: These are Razumikhin's headquarters, established with the intent of bringing new workers to Moonstone. Anyone seeking other opportunities is welcome to step in as well.
Razumikhin Neculai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2016, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Legend

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Robyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous Hero

The beginning of Spring: Era XXIII

It had been a strange time for Robyn, so it had. And for reasons which were many and varied, she had found herself in Ziel Aerca. It seemed like a place where she could lose herself and she wondered whether it might be somewhere that she could become more fond of. But either way, before she went home or decided to stay, she was here for the right now. So, she came to the conclusion that she might as well try and get some work.

That being the case, she made her way to the 'Opportunity Office'. Apparently, it was a place where she might find work and so the young woman walked in. Wearing a deep green dress, with a red wrap around her shoulders, Robyn's red hair was tied back loosely. She wore subtle make up, as much to cover the light scars on her cheeks as anything, but also to accentuate her impossibly green eyes. She caught sight of the man behind the desk and she gave a soft and demure smile.

"Serale. I am Robyn and I was wondering if this place might help me to make some money, get some employment?" she asked. "I am a patisserie maker by trade, although I have worked managing a number of service industries" she explained. Then she waited to see what he would say.

Wake me up ..wake me up inside.. I can't wake up, ..wake me up inside.. save me ..call my name and save me from the dark
Wake me up.. bid my blood to run... I can't wake up ..before I come undone.. save me ..save me from the nothing I've become..
Robyn Meiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2016, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Legend

Razumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious Superhero

The man who sat at the desk had a long grey beard and was clad completely in a pale tone of brown. He appeared bathed and his clothes were new, but he still gave off an impression of needing a little bit of work. The wild crop of hair that mingled atop his scalp was in need of cutting, and his beard was scruffy. The man had his head sideways on the table in front of him, and his arms were spread out in front of him, hands folded. His entire body heaved very gently up and down in the rhythm of his breathing.

Robyn's greeting was met with momentary shock, but to Schubert's credit, he was quick to recover. Within the blink of an eye, he was sitting upright, hands neatly folded in front of him, and smiling amiably at the new arrival as if nothing had happened. "Serale, dear," he told Robyn, as if addressing his granddaughter. "I like robins. They have a nice orange patch on their chest. Taste like chicken. What's a patisserie? And which kind of services, young lady? Keeping young fellows company?" There was no judgment in his words; it wasn't his position to evaluate people's life choices.
Old April 30, 2016, 09:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Legend

Robyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous Hero

Robyn gave him a grin as she realised that she had woken him up. But in fairness to him, she couldn't fault how quickly he got himself together. And he spoke like some sort of grandpa-like individual, or at least how she imagined a grandpa-like individual would be; she didn't have parents let alone grandparents. But, her mind was wandering and she turned her attention back to him.

"Well, I don't have a orange patch, and I'd rather not find out if I taste like chicken, if that's a'right with you" she gave a wicked smile as she spoke, obviously just gently teasing. "A patisserie is a small, delicate sweet pastry. And what kind of service? Lots, really" she said, thinking about her answer as she recalled the jobs that she had held over the eras. "I've no interest in working as a whore, but I suppose it's best to be clear that I was trained as one, so yeah, I've done a lot of work in keeping men happy, be that in the bedroom or out. I've managed Inns, restaurants and taverns. I also used to run a river boat that did luxury cruises, murder mysteries and stuff like that. I can also sewthread still ongoing but posting regularly"

She waited, then, to see what he had to say.

Wake me up ..wake me up inside.. I can't wake up, ..wake me up inside.. save me ..call my name and save me from the dark
Wake me up.. bid my blood to run... I can't wake up ..before I come undone.. save me ..save me from the nothing I've become..
Robyn Meiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2016, 07:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Legend

OOC: Please follow me!
Old January 25, 2017, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Notable

Felicio Di Caletta is an upstanding Citizen
Late winter, Era XXIII P.F.

Felicio hadn't had much work besides his boring and steady day job as a waiter in aelyria prime, but it wasn't enough. He needed something better, something more up his alley and Ziel Aerca was the place known to make or break one's fortune.

However, as he was not exactly rich or powerful, he wasn't going to try and pry himself into the upper echelons of the city, thus was quite amused when he found himself standing outside the rather 'dime in a dozen' looking building which seemed to promise both opportunity and income, something he truly did not dismiss.

So he entered the small office, looking around to see if someone was there.

When he noticed the older gentleman behind the counter, the dracon cleared his throat rather loudly. "Bonjour monsieur, I am Felicio Di Caletta, at your service. I was wondering if I could find myself an... opportunity for coin here?"

Felicio Di Caletta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2017, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Legend

OOCIt's Era XXIV already. Time flies! ;)

Felicio cleared his throat, and it earned him a worried look from Schubert, who glanced up from what appeared to be official paperwork were it not for the doodles that decorated the corners of the papers. "You should have someone look at that," the old mystic replied, nodding to himself. "Bad time to have a cough like that. Winter is upon us, even this far south." He abruptly stood, only half registering the introductions he'd been offered, and stepped towards the newcomer.

"How long have you been scraping your throat like that, son? You don't seem to have trouble breathing or talking, right?" Schubert wore a long white tunic that reached from his shoulders down to just below the knee. His leather sandals seemed too small, with several toes poking out beyond the sole. His gray hair was as tangled as ever. "Coin to get a healer look at you, you mean? Can you even work in your condition?" There was genuine concern here. "Have you been overexerting yourself, Felicio Di Caletta?"
Old January 27, 2017, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Notable

The dracon was taken quite aback by Schubert's sudden worried behavior, though in a sense felicio could forgive the guy for thinking such a thing after having heard the dracon clear his throat so loudly. All in all it was actually quite amusing to hear the man ramble on for so long about Felicio's health, a cough he didn't have, the winter's cold temperature and more.

"I simply cleared my throat as to not awaken you rudely, mon ami," felicio sighed as he felt sorry for the man's sudden burst of energetic sympathy and worrying. "I'm not sick, I don't have a cough and yes I know it's cold outside."

Placing a hand against his head and closing his eyes, another sigh escaped the dracon's mouth before he opened his eyes again and looked straight at Schubert. "No serious, I'm not sick and I am not in any pain. I simply came here to get myself something to do and something to earn, that's all."

Old January 30, 2017, 10:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Legend

Schubert looked at Felicio as if the man had just turned a bright green. "I had a friend who said that he wasn't sick. Then the next day he dropped to the floor and never woke up again." For a moment, the mystic was taken back to that faithful moment, back in Jaedaxia. He remembered little from his days in Northumbria, aside from having been stuck in that strange place below the Wall of Weeping. The memory of his friend brought a smile to his face, before he realised that someone was talking right in front of him.

"Something to earn," the old man repeated, shuffling back to his desk as if he'd already forgotten the conversation about Felicio's possible condition. "I can fill out a form for you, and we can check our network for openings." The way he said the word suggested that Schubert had either just started using it, wasn't sure what it meant, or both. "What would you say your core competencies are?" Sitting down, the man had taken up a pen and found an empty piece of paper. He gave Felicio a questioning look.
Old February 2, 2017, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Notable

"I'm... sorry to hear that, but please don't mistake me for some poor sod with no sense of style and class," The dracon grinned pleasantly and placed his hands upon the desk. "My... qualities, now that's a good question."

For a moment Felicio seemed to think about it deeply, humming slightly while pacing the room. Suddenly he stopped though and looked straight at the older man with a bright smile on his face. "I'm elegant, stylish, dabble a bit in el Viatre and... I'm very very good at pointing out people's flaws, I guess that's about it."

Old February 6, 2017, 07:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Legend

As he walked through the room, from left to right, from right to left, and again, Felicio found Schubert's eyes following him intently. The old man returned the dandy's smile in full force, as if he too had come to find a suitable answer to the question posed. When Felicio stated what he regarded as his fortes, the man on the other side of the desk nodded enthusiastically. Then he started to scribble.

"Viatre... that's sword fighting, isn't it?" The question seemed to be rhetorical, since Schubert allowed no time for an answer. "Pointing out flaws, that's interesting." The notion sent a series of thoughts through his mind, and the mystic brought a hand to his chin. "What would you say my flaws are? And what about your own flaws? We're both people, after all." Although his current state was low on the crazy scale, it was never dull around Schubert.
Old February 6, 2017, 09:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Notable

Felicio's looked at Schubert with an amused look on his face when the questions seemed to start pouring out of the man's mouth. "Yes... it's a form of swordplay, probably the most elegant form of combat possible."

The dracon slowly approached the older man, placing his hands calmly upon the desk while leaning forward so that his face would be as close as possible. "You look terrible, unkempt beard and unfashionable clothing. You look like someone who's lazy by choice and for some odd reason, you act dumber than you actually are. I wonder why that is."

Suddenly taking a step backwards, while placing a hand under his chin and smiling brightly, Felicio chuckled a bit. "The only flaw I might have is that I let someone looking as dreary as yourself live."

Old February 18, 2017, 05:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Legend

"Conclusions based on a single impression," the man on the other side of the table countered softly, as if a cloud had lifted from his mind. "You may be less smart than you believe, son, which I'll make note of. Alongside the 'only' flaw you 'might' have, and your casual mentioning of taking a man's life. As if you'd be able to." The mystic smirked as he wrote it down, before the spark of sanity fluttered off again.

"I have what I need from you," he continued, his eyes no longer focused on Felicio. "Come back tomorrow and we'll have a job for you." It was what Razumikhin had instructed him to say. Even when positions were readily available, it was important to give the impression that work had had to be done for each customer. It'd make them appreciate the job more, the swindler had explained.

When Felicio returned the following morning, after a fun night in Ziel Aerca no doubt, Razu himself was seated very much in the same spot as Schubert. Despite his frequent travelling and time spent in Port Alyxandrya, the Ieffreonian made sure to spend time in Ziel Aerca almost every month. It was important to keep the business running; you never knew the kind of useful people that visited in between the dreary ones.

He was reading some of the applications when the door openened, and looked up with a calculated smile. "Good morning to you, my good man. Come in, take a seat. Can I pour you some tea perhaps, before we go over the vacancies?" There was a steaming pot on the desk, and a few mugs around it. Razu poured one cup, then looked up expectantly at Felicio. He was neatly dressed in finery, as behooved Reginald Junker'Reginald, or 'Reggie,' is Razu's most elaborate false persona, and in many ways his antipole. He's a businessman pur sang, and a serious man who can be cold and inconsiderate at times. His style of clothing demonstrates a classiness that borders on eccentricity.. His accent placed him somewhere in Medonia.
Old February 20, 2017, 01:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Notable

Felicio did not make any move except showing a feint smile when Schubert calmly seemed to retort the dracon's assessment. The dracon felt that he was right all along with the comment he had made, this character was smarter than he seemed to portray himself. For some reason, the retorts did not anger the dracon at all, even if they were veiled insults, he did not find them all too painful.

When he was told to leave for the darkening and return the following brightening, the dracon simply made a polite and gracious bow towards the man and left the establishment to indeed go out and have some fun in the form of merrymaking in one of Ziel Aerca's numerous drinking establishments.

Upon his return to the opportunity office, the dracon was quite surprised to notice another man sitting on the same place as Schubert had been sitting. A man obviously more refined, but for some odd reason, Felicio found it rather hard to descern what made this man tick, a decent challenge indeed.

"Serale, monsieur," Felicio gave Razu a graceous nod and took a seat in silence when it had been offered so kindly to him. "I reckon I do not need to introduce myself, non?"

Old February 24, 2017, 08:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Legend

"You made an impression on my associate," Razu answered, deliberately leaving out that it had been a bad impression. It was only because of the current financial position of the Opportunity Office that Felicio had been asked to come back, and that Razumikhin himself had decided to see whether the applicant had truly been a pompous oaf lacking any kind of useful skill. He scribbled Jaedaxia on Felicio's application, squinting briefly at one of Schubert's random doodles before turning to the tea and pouring out two mugs.

The man had described himself as elegant and stylish, and the air with which he carried himself suggested nobility. Yet the fact that Felicio sat here in the Opportunity Office meant that either his wealthy dad had cut him off, or that the family business had taken a dive. Perhaps more than anyone, the swindler knew that ther was much more to a person than their appearance. Beneath the surface, Razu saw someone who didn't add much to the world around him. Behind the poncy facade, there was most likely a pampered, lazy little brat. In the body of a grown-up man.

Yet however useless Felicio might be, he still presented a way for Razumikhin to make money. He had arms, and legs, and was apparently able to wield a sword without hurting himself. "Have you ever considered offering your services as a swordsman?" he asked, trying to picture the man doing any kind of work without complaining all the time about the physical strain it involved. It took some effort. "I may have a job for you, and it may pay rather well." What he had in mind was basically a surveillance job, but with a twist.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: