Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Principality of Moonstone

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old August 11, 2013, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa

[Ziel Aerca] The Moonstone Academy of the Medical Arts and Sciences

The Moonstone Academy of the Healing Arts and Sciences

Situated along the border between the Central and Malian Kame districts, the Moonstone Academy of the Healing Arts and Sciences serves as the city's most prestigious hospital, the provincial school of medicine, and the seat of the Steward-Governor Sliucha Sindosa all at once. Built on the foundations established by her initial establishment, the Apothecarion, the Moonstone Academy hosts a staff of doctors and nurses ready to heal what ails the populace of the city. The location also offers training in the healing arts, both magical and mundane, aiming to provide the next generation of surgeons and thaumaturges and instill within them the best medical knowledge and know-how available within the Empire.

The set of buildings within the walled compound each have their own purpose for the Academy. The gates at the front lead into the administrative building, with a wide open entrance area and a number of booths each staffed by a receptionist capable of providing direction and aid to those who enter. Upstairs is the office of the Steward-Governor and her administrative assistants, and further above are the administrative offices of those who help keep the Academy and the province as a large running.

Down the left wing from the administrative building to leads a separate building that serves as the hospital proper, where all of the various surgeries and healing for patients take place. These range from simple preventative care to organ replacements and other intensive surgeries. The right wing of the administrative building will lead to the Academy building, where students and trainees are educated on the medical arts and sciences in classrooms and laboratories. Beyond the buildings is a courtyard, and on the opposite side of the courtyard are the personal quarters of the Steward-Governor.

Secrets :
The Apothecarion

A simple-looking building located within the city's market district, the Apothecarion was a humble healing clinic offering its services to the people of Ziel Aerca. Upon entering one would find themselves within a small waiting area, a highly indifferent looking middle aged woman waiting at the front desk to provide assistance, schedule appointments, etc. The rest of the first floor was littered with various comfortable chairs, benches, and tables upon which the injured could sit or lie while waiting for medical care. The Apothecarion was capable of providing a large range of medical services, capable of healing the most serious of injuries, even reattaching lost limbs (at a hefty price). Service was often quick and cheap, and it wasn't unheard of to walk in and out, business finished, within just a few minutes.

Nobody knew what the second floor was for, though. Just that it was there.

Last edited by Sliucha Sindosa; April 22, 2017 at 11:13 PM.
Sliucha Sindosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2014, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Aim To Misbehave...

Maddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious Superhero

Income for Winter, Era XXI = 975gc (65gc per cycle)

Cheers, Maddyn
Maddyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2014, 10:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Aim To Misbehave...

Maddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious Superhero

Income for Autumn, Era XXI = 1,275gc (85gc per cycle)

Cheers, Maddyn
Maddyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2015, 04:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Vireylda Saharn is a dubious Denizen

She could hear the rats fornicating where she sat. Vireylda Saharn shut her blue eyes in consternation. Pale dexterous hands reached up to meet her forehead, and her fingers slowly began to soothe small circles into her temples. To be reduced to this, when I once lived like a noble. It couldn't be possible that this is all a bad dream? The hope, as always, was unfounded. When she opened her eyes again, she knew that she would still be greeted with the same drab, grey walls of this building. The same leaking roof, the same moldy smell. The same rats that were still fornicating even as she sat here, and considered all of this.

Her stomach growled loudly interrupted her reverie, reminding her that it was none to pleased with the fact that what she'd eaten the last couple of days was simply not up to par. Vree growled back at it, as if that might help matters. It didn't of course, and her stomach continued on growling rude as can be. She knew she was being stupid, fighting with internal organs. However Vree had also realized, that if she thought too long about her situation, she would hurt someone, or herself. She forced herself not to think about what had happened in the last few months.

Her grand plan to avenge her family had seemed fantastic at the time, the emotion and anger running wild in her even now. The pure feeling of purpose, and of the ability to give the perpetrators what they deserved, even if it came somewhat late. These were her grand plans, and none of them had come to fruition. Mostly because she had very little money, and money, she knew, made the world go round.

Her stomach growled again, and Vree made herself stand up, grabbing her cloak as she headed out the door. The rats were still going at it. How much endurance is required for something like that?!

Regardless, she knew where she was going. The Apothecarion. A hospital from what she heard, and a quite well known one as well. She headed there with the intention for employment, because she would never get anywhere with the low quality funds she currently had. Besides, who had basic anatomy lore these days anyway? Most of the fighters are more 'hit hard until dead' kind of acting anyway. Regardless, the choice was easy. It was after all between this and prostitution.

The door would open easily enough, and Vireylda stood at the front desk. She was dressed plainly. If plainly meant that the majority of her form was covered by the cloak that she wore around her. Pale blue eyes met the ones of the old woman at the desk. She'd stand there before speaking, quite distinctly. "Hello madame. My name is Vireylda Saharn. Would it be possible to speak with the owner about possible employment?"
Vireylda Saharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2015, 01:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa

Continued here.
Old July 8, 2015, 07:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Adamantite
Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi

To Sliucha Sindosa, Second Minister and Senior Aedile of Ziel Aerca, Ascended Physician that Revives the West,

You are hereby tasked to submit a proposal to the Throne for the expansion of the Principality of Free Ziel within one cycle. The creation of a third district will require exacting deliverance of economic and strategic value, the coordination of thousands of laborers, and a high degree of adaptability to the challenges that await you. In accordance with this trial, you are granted the title of Provisional Arbiter of the Third District along with all associated powers, rank, and responsibilities, effective immediately.

אחרית הימים

Freedom reigns,
High Prince Shei’yein Neydremi of Ziel Aerca, Ancestral Prince of Yew and Moonstar, Protector of the West and Defender of All-Under-Aetheria

Secrets :
OOC - Sample Proposal Template

Executive Summary
  • High-level overview of the proposal

Situation Analysis
  • What are the current opportunities and threats to Ziel Aerca? How can we capitalize on our strengths and shore up our weaknesses?

Solution Options and Alternatives
  • Are there multiple solutions or directions that the Third District could take? Based on the opportunities and threats, which does this address?

Cost Benefit Analysis
  • What is the projected benefit to the city for each alternative?
  • What will resources will be required, and do we have a path to procuring the resources we do not currently have available?
  • What are the major risks?

Recommendations
  • Which of the developed solutions is your recommendation, and why?
  • How will you create the Third District, and what is the implementation plan?
  • What is the timeline for the plan, and what are the major milestones?

Red Rep is Appreciated over Green

Last edited by Shei'yein Neydremi; July 8, 2015 at 07:21 PM.
Shei'yein Neydremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2015, 02:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mythic

Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi Shei'yein Neydremi

The reply came swiftly.

It was wreathed in a soft aura of flames. In minutesSeveral moments before creating the astral pocket to teleport the letter, the Prince considered his Left Hand's reading prowess, and revised the immolation timer to a candlemark., it would immolate within itself, burning itself to a crisp and yet leaving its surroundings unharmed.

Executive Summary

Let's make lots of farms! This will be good for Ziel Aerca! Food is good and yummy and we should make lots of it.

Situation Analysis

We are stuck in the middle of nowhere with no food. This is bad because people need to eat food to live. We get a lot of our food from far away. This is bad because people can attack the people who bring us our food, which is a bad thing to happen.

We are good at protecting the city! We are less good at protecting the far away people bringing our food. If our city makes food than this will be a better thing.

- Agreed. Limited number of supply columns east necessitate redundancy of vital supplies. Also allows for provisioning if future campaigns against Kaldira and/or Candaceburg are successful (SN)

Solution Options and Alternatives

Probably there are lots of other things that we could do with the District, but food is important and we should make food.

Cost Benefit Analysis

The other things will probably allow for other things that are not food, and what we need is food, so we should make food so we do not die from not having food to eat.

We will need people who know how to farm food, materials with which to construct their housing, as well as the equipment they will need to farm food. Also maybe seeds from which food will grow. These can likely be easily manufactured or bought if need be.

Risks are that we are bad at farming and will not get a lot of food. There is less risk if we get people who are good at farming.

- Spread message to Lauryl refugees. Our infrastructure will be superior to the newly set up provinces, which exist in name only (SN)
- Requisition materials from provincial stockpiles to allow immediate build start while ensuring replenishment within 2 era time frame to be net neutral (SN)
- Initiate development of equipment immediately from local artisans and provide equipment/land to potential farms at discounted rate as incentive? Your call on viability (SN)
- Investigate whether alchemical/arcane subject matter experts can be recruited to increase efficacy of crop yield (SN)
- Seeds should be easily requisitioned (SN)
- Loop in KBKael for required military clearing / bandit cleansing operations pre-build, and/or required operation security. Recommend FOB / early warning set up along perimeter (SN)

Recommendations

We will get the people and make the food from farms. This is because food is good and we should have lots of it.

There are lots of people who used to live here and probably want to live here again. Many of them are probably good at farming! We will get them to farm things. If we get them started right away then they will be farming right away! They can probably have good harvests in a year, and then we will have lots of yummy food. Milestones include plowing the fields, planting the crops, and the first harvest.

- Agreed, begin immediately and liasion with me when first milestones ready to review. Suggested 3 month timeframe for first review (SN)
- Also, district needs a name. Discuss with your team and submit a few for review. (SN)

Foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Red Rep is Appreciated over Green

Last edited by Shei'yein Neydremi; July 13, 2015 at 04:14 AM.
Shei'yein Neydremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2016, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Legend

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Robyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous Hero

Spring: Era XXIII

It was an entirely different time than the last time Robyn had set foot in the Apothecarion. For one thing, she walked in on this particular brightening, rather than got carried in. Also, she could smile - that was a bonus for the young half elf too. So, on this particular brightening the half elven woman walked in and looked around, marvelling at just how much she didn't remember of this place. In her hand she held a medium-sized box, wrapped in a ribbon. The contents of the box weren't as great as she'd have liked, but it was important to Robyn that she did this.

So, the young half elf looked at the person in the reception area / as she walked in and she smiled [color=palegreen]"S'rale"/palegreen] she said in greeting "Is the doctor in, I wonder? I can wait if I need ta, I'd just like to see 'er for a minute" she explained. Then, she would wait and see what the person said.

Wake me up ..wake me up inside.. I can't wake up, ..wake me up inside.. save me ..call my name and save me from the dark
Wake me up.. bid my blood to run... I can't wake up ..before I come undone.. save me ..save me from the nothing I've become..
Robyn Meiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2016, 07:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Thread continued here.
Old April 10, 2017, 01:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Fire & Ice

Tiyribi Andares is a glorious SuperheroTiyribi Andares is a glorious SuperheroTiyribi Andares is a glorious SuperheroTiyribi Andares is a glorious SuperheroTiyribi Andares is a glorious SuperheroTiyribi Andares is a glorious SuperheroTiyribi Andares is a glorious SuperheroTiyribi Andares is a glorious SuperheroTiyribi Andares is a glorious SuperheroTiyribi Andares is a glorious SuperheroTiyribi Andares is a glorious Superhero

Timestamp: Late Spring, Era XXIV Post-Fractum
In the Reign of Rhysatra I

The courier that carried the letter was every inch haggard and dishevled, with the once bright Centripaxian colors of blue and white now turned to an ugly shade of brown-grey that matched the mud on the roads between his home and Moonstone. The bag of missives he carried was heavy, far moreso than the usual sort. Steady correspondance had, after all, become a difficult thing in the war-torn empire that the Xet had left behind. There was at least a good four months’ worth of letters from various members of the government of the Administrate meant for those of the Principality of Moonstone, ranging from the mundane to the rather important—or, at least, were when they were written.

There was even a small parcel of personal letters between individuals in the provinces for those who could afford the expense. But the one particularly important letter than the glorified mailman carried was for the self-proclaimed Regent of Moonstone and was to be delivered to either her or her representatives directly. It was, after all, ever so formal correspondence between two heads of state, as clearly demonstrated by the quality of the parchment and the elaborate wax sealing done across its seam to ensure no prying eyes had visited it before its depositing into the intended hands.

Optia 32, Era XXIV Post-Fractum
In the Reign of Rhysatra I

To: Her Excellency, the Lady Sliucha Sindosa, Regent and Steward-Governor of the Principality of Moonstone
From: Her Imperial Excellency and Grace, the Lady Tiyribi of House Andares-Kitrye’veresi, Governor of the Administrate of Centripax and Duchess of the Heartlands

Your Excellency,

You have both my sincere gratitude for your previous communication as well as my hope that this letter finds you in good health under the auspices of Ioannes’ grace. While it saddens me to hear of the departure of His Grace, the High Prince of Moonstone, I have every confidence that he chose wisely in you a suitable leader in his stead and that you will continue to protect and serve the people of Ziel Aerca and its surrounding lands with the dedication due to your position. I may even hope that with the change in times perhaps will come a change for the better for all of us, indeed.

My lord husband has spoken warmly of his previous conversations with you and it is my hope that I might also share in this honor, particularly as you now hold the responsibilities of the Principality upon your shoulders. Should you find an absence in such that may allow you some time away from Moonstone, I would invite you to Primus Gaudeo so that I may return the generosity that you have already shown me personally with your gift and my people politically with your stated intent to hold true to the alliance shared between Moonstone, Centripax, Arium, and Vesta.

I understand well the responsibilities of state and its maintenance, thus I will not stringently prevail upon you to leave such even for a temporary span of time. However, I do wish to state plainly that it is ever my intent to honor the peace that has settled for far too short a time since the Xetan Incursion upon our empire and will continue to view Moonstone as one of Centripax’s truest and strongest allies so long as such sentiment is returned. Geography prohibits much in the way of tangible agreements, but do know that should whatever need arise, Moonstone will have the full aid of the Administrate as necessitated. It is my hope that the Principality views us in the same light.

I look forward to discussing such details with you in person should the opportunity arise. Know that Your Grace is welcome at the Concordia Incola as the representative of our ally Moonstone’s interests.

May the grace of Ioannes be your guard and glory.

Tiyribi Andares

- CIR - Letters - SOF -
Tiyribi Andares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2017, 01:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Notable

Karen Blazewing is a dubious Denizen
Karen walked into the area the next brightening and looked for a reception desk. once she found it she would walk up to the attendant "Serale I have come about a job that miss Sindosa told me about. a landscaping and teraforming job."Karen gave a nod "I am ready to start strait away."

CIR:
Karen Blazewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2017, 02:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Thread continued here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: