Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Prime > Portshire

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 29, 2010, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Former Staff

Charlie Wallace is a benevolent AdventurerCharlie Wallace is a benevolent Adventurer

Candon - Temple of Aslan - GM Shalafi

The Temple of the Lion God in Portshire was not ornate. The immense steeple held the bronze statue of a lion with paws raised to strike. The pathway to the stairs was lined with bright red roses. The strong doors were unlocked.

Inside the doors, rows of pews lined the hall. There were no side aisles, but only a single center approach to the altar. Two candles burned on either side of the granite altar.
Old March 13, 2012, 07:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

Shalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious Superhero

Continued from here.

Late in Melora, Season of Winter - Era XIX (PF)

After a brief but productive meeting with the Thane of Portshire, and a stop to freshen up at a local stop, Triska Brolev and his small delegation of priests and servants made their way to the quaint but picturesque Temple of Aslan. The Vys-Caronslan, one of the more powerful members of the Church of Aslan in Aslangrad, had been sent on a mission to survey the state of the church, and to take over the running of the Temple, if it was agreeable to the city ruler. As the meeting had been a very positive one, all was agreed upon, and so now the visit to the Temple had purpose beyond observation.

Approaching the stairwell, and then the front doors, Brolev smiled genuinely at the rose bushes, now flowerless in the winter.

"Many thorns." he said to himself, thinking that perhaps the bushes were not the only source of such nettles. He entered the church, followed by his small delegation of clergy and workers, and from there began to process of bringing the Temple in full alignment with the desires of the Patrislan; to begin to bring to the masses of the tiny city, the ways and teachings of the one True Faith...
Old April 5, 2013, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

Candon Lequar is an upstanding Citizen
Home. That was where Candon wished to be, but since he woke up, he didn’t know where home would be. The first thing he noticed was the throbbing in his head. The slightest move caused pain to lance through him, causing his vision to cloud over. Something sticky sealed his eyes shut. Rubbing his hand across his face cleared away most of the mess, and his hand came away covered in dried blood. After blinking several times, he rose unsteadily to his feet, leaning against a wall until his head cleared. Blinking several times, he started to put one foot in front of the other.

He had no idea of where he was going, and indeed, had no idea of how long it was taking. As Candon had no idea where he was, it really didn’t matter to him where he was going, but once he saw the temple of Aslan, he made straight for it. After all, one place was as good as another, and the statuesque lion on the steeple seemed to give the wounded lad strength. Opening the doors, Candon strode unsteadily down the aisle to one of the pews in the center of the building and collapsed into the seat, leaning heavily onto the armrest and closing his eyes until the pounding in his ears subsided.
Old April 6, 2013, 10:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

Shalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious Superhero

Spring Season, Era XX (PF)

Despite the noise made as the doors to the newly renovated temple slammed open, Candon was initially left alone, collapsed upon one of the many pews rowed in two columns from front to back of the church. As the pain in his head subsided, as well as the ringing in his ears, the drone of the tinnitus was replaced with the soft footsteps approaching him. A look up from his hunched over posture would reveal a man dressed in a dark green robe, a black skullcap upon his head. He was young, maybe in his thirties, and his hair was curly and short. His face was clean shaven, his eyes compassionate and dark brown.

"What has happened to you child?"
was all he said as he approached Candon.
Old April 6, 2013, 10:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Citizen

Candon cursed as loudly as he could with his dry throat, the sound coming out in a whisper. Oh, Gods, why wouldn’t the bee leave him alone? He feebly brought an arm up to swat the pesky insect away only to realize that there was no bee, no hornet or any other insect near enough to bother him so. He blinked as the buzzing went away to leave his head clear, the sound of footsteps replacing the buzzing in his ears. Gods curse the pain the sound sent through his head, but at least it meant he was still alive. He turned his head to see who the footsteps belonged to and sent not only another bolt of white-hot pain behind his eyes, but brought another spell of dizziness. He blinked before taking in the figure standing in front of him.

Was this the one who had caused him so much hurt? The young Human doubted it. For one thing, judging by his location and attire, this man was obviously a Priest. If he was here to do him harm, he doubted he would have waited until his prey was aware of what was going on. He blinked and then his brain finally sent the signal the newcomer had spoken. There was a mild chagrin in the pit of his stomach as he realized he had rudely ignored a Priest’s question. “I was-” He stopped short, a hint of panic entering his eyes. “I do not know, Your Grace,” he said, the honorific for the Priest rolling off his tongue as if he had used it before. “I do not even know where I am…”

~William Shakespeare, “As You Like It” Act II Scene VII

Memories
Old April 7, 2013, 01:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

"Where are you? Why you are in the temple of Aslan, my son." he said. he lay a calming, gentle hand upon Candon's shoulder.

"You are not well. Come, walk with me to the alcove where I may see to your troubles in private."
he said. The young cleric then waited to see if Candon would walk with him.

"I am Predakslan Bravasto. I work in the service of Caronslan Miernze here at the temple."
the priest said as he continued to wait for Candon to follow him...
Old April 7, 2013, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Citizen

Candon blinked and stared at the Priest for a few moments before standing slowly. A wave of dizziness overcame the young man and his hand shot out to clasp the Priest’s shoulder. Predaksla Bravasto, he thought. The name was not familiar. “My name is… I do not know,” he said slowly. “I-” Something chinked in his tattered pants and a funny look came over the lad’s face. Reaching down the front of his trousers, he gripped the pouch fastened between his legs and pulled it out. Looking inside, he pulled out several gold coins and a piece of paper. “According to this, I am Candon Lequar of Portshire,” he said as he handed the Visa to the Priest. Only then did he notice his grip on the other man’s shoulder and he winced. “My apologies,” he said as he pulled his hand back, only to replace it when his head started to swim again. “Although, the name Candon Lequar does not sound familiar to me, it’s a start.” He handed the pouch to the Priest as well, asking him to hold it for him until his head was healed. After a brief search in pockets and pouches, he sighed. “That is all I have on me, I’m afraid.”

OOC: The pouch is his starting 500 coins and his Visa.

Memories
Old April 9, 2013, 09:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

The priest looked with a raised brow as Candon pulled the pouch out from his nether regions.

"Odd, but perhaps wise, place to put such a pouch."
he said with mild amusement. The cleric stopped his walk toward the alcove, and helped Candon steady himself.

"All things happen for a reason, Candon Lequar of Portshire. Certainly Aslan has brought you to us for a reason...a purpose."
he began. "Perhaps some wine, and a bun of bread might help you get your bearings." Bravasto said. The priest looked about, but soon realized there was neither around.

"Wait here."
he said. Bravasto quickly moved away, heading to the alcove he was trying to head to earlier. A moment later he returned with a cup in hand, and two small biscuits.

"No wine, and no bread. Water and crackers will have to do."
he said. He handed both to Candon, and then removing his black skullcap, began to inquire once more.

"Do you remember how you got here? What is the last thing you remember?"
the priest asked.
Old April 10, 2013, 04:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Citizen

“Indeed. I do seem to think that would be the last place anyone would search someone. Huh.” Candon blinked and fell on the food in Bravasto’s hand, eating so fast that for a second, it seemed he would consume the Priest along with his offering. With his cheeks still bulging, he mumbled a barely heard apology and swallowed a mouthful of water before replying. “I remember waking in an alley, Your Grace,” he said, his hand rubbing the back of his head. “I don’t really recall how I got here, but I do remember it hurt like the hand of Jalat himself. Before that, I know nothing.”

Memories
Old April 12, 2013, 06:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

Bravasto watched Candon wolf down the food and drink. He looked at the young man's head, and moved in for a closer look as Candon spoke.

"Perhaps someone struck you. They robbed you, and the strike knocked your memory clear out. I have heard of this in others."
the young cleric said with a curious glance. He then stood upright once more.

"I think I should speak with the Caronslan. He might be able to assist you with your memory."
he said. He then thought on it for a moment.

"As well, your visa indicates you are a citizen of Portshire. I would suggest when you leave here, that you head over to the Aedile's office. They might have a record of your last address, assuming you have a residence here in the city." he said. Bravasto then walked a step away.

"I will be back in a few moments."
he said, and then headed back down towards the altar, and the rooms that lay behind it...
Old April 13, 2013, 04:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Citizen

Candon said nothing as Bravasto examined his skull, wincing at the throbbing that it caused. “What’s a Caronslan?” he asked as he squeezed his eyes shut to try and stop the pain. He finished the last biscuit as the Priest left the alcove, then leaned against the wall to wait for his return. Despite the way his day started, this was starting to look interesting.

OOC: Sorry about the short post.

Memories
Old April 14, 2013, 06:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

It didn't take long for Bravasto to return. When he did, however, another man was with him. As they approached Candon could get a better look at him. The other man was older, his hair greyish white. He wore the same colored robes as Bravasto, but atop his head was a tall black hued mitre. He walked briskly, and soon the two clerics were with Candon once more...

"I am Caronslan Miernze. Predakslan Bravasto tells me you are not well."
the older man stated. Though likely unknown to Candon, the terms Caronslan and Predakslan were unique to the Church of Aslan, with the former being a superior rank to the latter. The senior priest leaned in to get a closer look now.

"You have been struck."
he said as he reached out to touch the back of Candon's head. "Pedro tells me your documents indicate you are a local, but you remember nothing. I might be able to help you, if you are willing." he said. He stood back up and waited for Candon to respond...
Old April 14, 2013, 11:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Citizen

Well, this was getting interesting. Looking the newcomer over, Candon blinked and brought his hand up to his aching head. “You seem like you know what you’re doing. Will it stop my head hurting?” he asked as he rose to his feet, once more grabbing Bravasto’s shoulder to keep from tipping forward into either cleric’s lap. Once his head stopped swimming, he spoke to the newcomer. “Forgive my manners. Apparently, I am Candon Lequar, of Portshire. I’m willing to do whatever you deem is necessary, as long as you don’t mind explaining it to me as we go.”

Memories

Last edited by Candon Lequar; April 15, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old April 16, 2013, 09:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

The older priest smiled and got closer to Candon.

"I am going to ask the Lion Prince, Aslan Emmanuel, to help you heal. I suspect you are suffering from amnesia of the mind, and sometimes healing the body can help." he said. The cleric then laid his hands upon Candon's head. He closed his eyes, and began to speak in a quiet, calm voice.

"We call upon the mercy of he who is perfection, Aslan Emmanuel. Aetherian Angel of Truth, we ask you to provide healing and restoration to this young soul, so he may resume his duties as a faithful servant of your will." he said as a prayer. Suddenly a warmth began to pass through Candon's head, then through his chest and belly, before stretching out into his arms and legs. He felt instantly healed, full of energy and free of ill feeling or sickness.

Nothing. No instant memories had returned. The priest smiled.

Fllassshhh!!!!

The young man's mind was suddenly attacked by a vivid memory. A young woman with jet black hair, shoulder length, knelt by him. Candon was lying on the ground, and the girl was looking down at him. She was crying.

Flllaaasshhhh!!!!

Candon was back in the church, but since the memory flash, he had slumped into the pew, the two clerics looking at him with apprehension...
Old April 16, 2013, 10:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Citizen

OOC: The damsel! I like! Nothing beats a classic, methinks.

Oh, Gods, the pain was gone! This alone was worth everything the man had, and although he was seriously disappointed at the lack of memories, he was extremely grateful for his pain being removed. After a few seconds, he got back to his feet and pointed to the pouch with his 500 crowns he had given Bravasto to hold. “Thank you, Your Graces. Please accept that for our Lord’s church as a token of my gratitude for the help you have-” It was then he was knocked off his feet and he felt the flash.

She looked familiar, but not, like a memory of a dream. And where was he? Was he lying after the attack? Was this before? He took in every detail he could find, even as he wished he could comfort this woman. He opened his mouth to speak-

And found himself once more in the pew, being watched by the two Priests. He blinked and reached out, once more seizing Bravasto’s arm in a vice-like death grip. “I saw her!” he choked out in a strangled voice. “The woman with black hair! She was familiar, and yet not, like a dream of a memory! I must find her!”

OOC 2: You think the way Candon’s been manhandling the poor guy, Bravasto needs a healer of his own? :P

Memories

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: