Old March 25, 2008, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rattttt

Nimh has disabled reputation

[Office] Den of the Word Witch

The Meaning Behind the Name
Nimh: Gaelic for 'Poison'; Pronounced Niv
A Little About Me
Name: Lauren, with no variants of the name whatsoever.
Profession: Veterinary Technician
Staff Account Schedule
It varies depending on work schedule but I tend to be inactive Friday afternoon through the weekend, due to work and time with my family.
Moderation Rules
I will not...
  • Pick up old, abandoned threads
  • Moderate politics
  • Moderate any more than 2 or 3 people in a given thread
  • Tolerate anyone who pokes at me to post. I loathe it with passion. I will never thread with you again if you poke at me.
Thread-Types That I Enjoy...
  • Personal discoveries/Mental challenges to the character's well-being
  • Adventure!
  • Dumping your character's life upside down
Things About Me...
  • I rarely tend to engage in huge epic plotlines. If you want huge and epic goodies of awesome, then I am not the mod for you.
  • I have every right to turn you down. I will only take threads that hold an interest for me.
  • I hate people who need to be TOLD what to do in a thread. I am not a hand-holder.
  • My favorite types of PCs are those who DO, who make their own decisions and forge the path ahead. As a result, these are the types of people I am more inclined to write with.

Last edited by Nimh; September 11, 2011 at 05:13 PM.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2008, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rattttt

Reserved for WIP drafts

Last edited by Nimh; April 12, 2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old April 13, 2010, 05:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rattttt

Okay, I updated my to-do list with the current WF drafts that need my attention. I hope to get to two of those today - likely Alchemy & Beekeeping, with a possible thread in Farming. I'm going from oldest to newest, so this is no reflection at all on preference!

I'll probably start my day out playing in the Wiki, tagging articles so that they appear in the proper places (I'm currently working on the Herbarium). Unfortunately, I've discovered a not-so-minor problem in the Wiki that doesn't display all of the articles on these Category pages if there's a lot of them. It cuts off after so many. Sort of annoying and not good if we want to switch off the forums and rely on these categories completely.

And...bah. I hate being in the same room as my bf as he shaves. The sound of his shaver is just ANNOYING. Time to leave the room
Old April 15, 2010, 05:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rattttt

Plan of attack for today is to do the final evaluation for Necrotaurs and then hopefully get to the next three WF drafts on my list to read over--Farming, Dreamwalking and The Twisted. We'll see if I can get through that

I won't be doing any staff work Friday and this weekend (except for fixing up with the Wiki! still!) so I'm working to knock out stuff on my list that needs knocked out
Old April 15, 2010, 06:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mythic

Malkaer Andares is a glorious SuperheroMalkaer Andares is a glorious SuperheroMalkaer Andares is a glorious Superhero
Not that I have a particularly burning desire to use it at this time, but perhaps the Symposium could be reopened? It has been closed for some time and I believe you have settled in nicely as Creative Director.

Regent of Aelyria - Correspondence - CIR - SoF

“Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.”
- H. Kissinger
Malkaer Andares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 08:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rattttt

I'm a little behind lately. Like really behind, on WF/PC. I've had stuff in my head and going on and whatever! Once I get through the next two days of work, which will be busy, I will be able to sit down and write--especially because next week I have nothing going on at work and will likely even be taking two days off

I will be updating my list of things to do at that point and all that jazz. Whoo.
Old May 20, 2010, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rattttt

I've been distracted. I wouldn't even really say busy, so much as distracted. Once I get my mind focused on one thing, I'm focused on that one thing and it's pretty hard to tear my mind away from it. I can multi-task like it's no one's business, but certain things can be really hard to shake off and life has pretty much grabbed me by the hair, rattled me around and said 'look this way! not that way!' Aelyria hasn't been doing that to me lately, so it's sort of shifted unfairly to the backburner.

I have told myself a few times...go and do this, go get caught up...but then I get distracted by something shiny and it's just down hill from there. There's no real excuse for it. I'm distracted. Maybe I'm lazy. Occasionally I'm busy. Mostly I'm just distracted.

For one, I've been trying to iron out my life over the past few weeks. My personal life, not my professional one, which is a whole bag of ?? that I don't even feel comfortable touching right now. For one, it was starting to come up to the time that the boyfriend and I wanted to house hunt. But we'd also been talking a lot about getting married--it was something we wanted to do, more so than it had been in the past. To me, the house was always more important than getting married. I guess priorities change. That and getting married is cheaper. Go figure.

Anyway. So I'm engaged. Officially. I have a ring on my finger that needs to be resized (I refuse to believe it's the size we agreed on at the shop--it feels looser) and I'm working on letting the people in my life who matter know about it. I've managed to tell my immediate family, my friends...then this weekend we're heading down to Maryland for my cousin's son's first birthday and telling the rest of my family there. This means keeping the lid on things at work a bit because I work with my uncle, who will tell my grandmother...who would be hurt that I hadn't told her myself.

Family politics are fun.

I'm sure this general excitement is going to circulate for the next week or whatever and then calm down. Will it be usurped by wedding planning madness? Who knows. I hope it's not too crazy. Simple, straightforward. That's me. Nothing grand or excessive. At any rate, the boyfriend--fiancé!--and I have nothing really set down as to the 'when' of things, so...yep. No craziness just yet.

Anyway. That's one of the things grabbing my attention. There's others. (For instance, apparently they're laying off more people soon--probably next week or week after, since these things always happen start/end of a month.) I'm trying to screw my head back on, I promise.

PS - I can't access chat from work any more, which is why I'm not on there much any more. I'm fine, I swear.
Old May 20, 2010, 10:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Former Staff

Ensnare is a benevolent AdventurerEnsnare is a benevolent Adventurer

Well congratulations on the engagement, Lauren! That is so exciting

As for everything else, I hope that things work out for the best! It is clearly understandable why your attention is so torn and I am sure there is more so best of luck with everything
Ensnare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Former Staff

Ragman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious Superhero

Wow, congratulations Lauren!

Happy for you!
Ragman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 11:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero

Congrats on the engagement, Lauren! I am very happy for the two of you

SoF

RL Update (June 8th, 2017) - On an indefinite hiatus, as RL/buying a house/having a kid has taken priority. I will keep poking my head in but posting rate is currently at 0%.

Veleraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 11:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
Former Staff

Hengest is a benevolent AdventurerHengest is a benevolent Adventurer

Congratulations!

And oh, shiny things! No matter how I try I am forever chasing the next shiny thing while all around me falls to rack and ruin as my attention is focussed elsewhere.
Hengest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 11:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Demon of Heaven

Charybdis has disabled reputation

Congratulationssssss! Shiny on finger = super exciting!
Old May 25, 2010, 08:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rattttt

Thanks everyone! I'm excited

And like...consumed/a little overwhelmed looking at everything I have to do going forward to get a wedding together. No wonder brides are notoriously stressed out, yay fun x.x

To add, the fiance dude told me last night that he does want to go house-hunting this fall. After poking and prodding him over the topic for the last few months and him hedging around the topic and saying things like "no, no, that's not gonna happen/work out" and us deciding to get married (instead) of doing the house thing...he randomly turned to me while making dinner and said "I want to look for a house this fall" (our contract with our apartment complex is up at the end of November). Apparently seeing all the old people on the train made him decide he wants to look for houses?? I don't get it either. And he said he wanted more space (we live in a one bedroom with two cats who get under foot), which I've been nattering about the whole time. More space, please!

So he's finally come around and since my mom and dad have offered (quite generously) to pay for most of the wedding, we should be able to swing both. Should.

But it does mean that my time here is really going to be pitiful. Between looking for a house and starting to get things together for a wedding, my weekends are definitely going to be packed full of house hunting and interviewing venders for the wedding, not to mention dealing with an overzealous mother (in regards to the wedding) and a fiance who will probably start whining once he realizes his weekends are consumed.

Hurrah.

I'm really, really trying to get my head together and focus on things here. My PCs have been neglected beyond belief and I know I've been slow getting to write-ups that require my attention. Blah. I apologize to people. My life just took a major turn towards "whaaat" over the past few weeks and I just need to get my head on straight! At least the life turns have been good ones, not bad ones, so I have nothing at all to complain about!
Old May 25, 2010, 11:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Demon of Heaven

Charybdis has disabled reputation

But it's a good busy! I'm happy for your good busy!

Good luck with everything...sounds incredibly stressful, but so exciting all at the same time. I expect pictures of your cupcake cake!
Old May 25, 2010, 01:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Hero

Suvia Theronguard is an upstanding Citizen

I should really stick my head in around her more often. Hehem. As a member of the wedding industry, I will refrain from getting on my soapbox about all things wedding. . First, I'm so happy for you Lauren! Weddings can be stressful when everyone starts trying to 'help', especially when you're trying to purchase your first home! Just remember to have fun while its happening!!! If you'd ever like some professional tips during the wedding planning (especially when it comes to the formalwear ), feel free to bug me at all hours--you know I hardly sleep!

Amal/Suvia

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: