Old September 10, 2016, 06:17 AM   #241 (permalink)
Rattttt

Nimh has disabled reputation

Got a bad bite wound at work on my dominant hand the other day. Swollen and hurting, so typing posts is slow going. Delays on all accounts \o/
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2016, 01:36 PM   #242 (permalink)
Rattttt

Hay guyz! So my finger is healing nicely but I, uh, broke my toe last night (stubbed at home). I'll probably be online more now...
Old September 17, 2016, 03:33 PM   #243 (permalink)
Hero

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Porta Vadei is a glorious SuperheroPorta Vadei is a glorious SuperheroPorta Vadei is a glorious SuperheroPorta Vadei is a glorious SuperheroPorta Vadei is a glorious SuperheroPorta Vadei is a glorious Superhero

Hurray! And ouch! Hope your toe feels better!
Porta Vadei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2016, 12:34 PM   #244 (permalink)
Rattttt

RIP my Zoolie, my heart rat, my baby <3

I had planned to get caught up this morning but my mood is blue. I am probably going to just postpone posting until Monday.
Old November 2, 2016, 01:32 PM   #245 (permalink)
Spellsword

Wealth Tier: Steel
Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero

Awww ;_; Farewell, Zoolie. I know you were loved!
Rhystlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2016, 06:09 PM   #246 (permalink)
Luminary

Kutsa Cherhc is a benevolent AdventurerKutsa Cherhc is a benevolent Adventurer

I'm sorry for your loss and know she will be forever missed. I will miss her running across your keyboard to sent me messages.
Kutsa Cherhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2016, 09:27 AM   #247 (permalink)
Rattttt

My apologies to the people who are waiting on me in places - it's been a surprisingly busy week and a lot of craziness has been going on. Some of it has to do with the rats (introductions NOT going well, rat almost died, blah blah), some of it has to do with the fact that I randomly decided to apply for a new job at another hospital where I've been wanting to work, not even knowing if they had any openings (they do!). My working interview went really well and I'm basically waiting for THAT call. Getting that job will seriously disrupt my schedule but in ways that are good (what do you mean I don't have to work EVERY Saturday?!) but it's leaving me a bit twisted up since I don't hate where I work--I'm respected, I'm well-liked. I've just hit my ceiling where I am and I'm ready to break through that ceiling and learn more. Still, I'm anxious. (If I don't get this job I'll be really disappointed, too. I'm all over on this spectrum but either way my brain is ready to explode because of it.)

Plus, I spent two very long days cooking 8 batches of cookies and I'm ready to throw myself off a roof because of it. I'm not even done decorating them yet. Cry.

So I plan to get back into posting shortly. I need to get caught up with the event threads going on and then mod threads and then other things. Getting there, people. Getting there. <3
Old December 14, 2016, 11:49 AM   #248 (permalink)
Luminary

Kutsa Cherhc is a benevolent AdventurerKutsa Cherhc is a benevolent Adventurer

Do not try to cast you spell of words on my witch. :<

But seriously, I hope to hear about the good news of the new job soon and glad to hear that it was only an almost dead. Perfectly fine example would have been better for an introduction but life. We'll be here when you are able to get back. Well, I will, I don't know about the rest of these people :<

the Mother guide you during these times of hardship, business and celebrations.
Kutsa Cherhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2016, 01:50 PM   #249 (permalink)
Spellsword

Wealth Tier: Steel
Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero

Absolutely no rush on mine. I've been absent on and off as well! Life changes can really throw a curve ball. Best wishes with everything!
Rhystlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2016, 05:31 PM   #250 (permalink)
Rattttt

Sooo I got the job, guys. I'm excited and they sound excited, too--we clicked \o/. I have noooo idea when I'm starting my new job but my schedule is going to be very different. I'll be working a few more hours through the week and I won't have as many mornings or days to myself any more (aka my hours should be more NORMAL). We'll see how it impacts things but I'll still be around and posting
Old December 15, 2016, 07:13 PM   #251 (permalink)
Here one minute...

Muse is an upstanding Citizen

Omigosh congrats! How exciting
Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2016, 09:11 PM   #252 (permalink)

Lion of Northumbria

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Keldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious Superhero

Congrats!

Keldon Elsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2016, 11:35 AM   #253 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero

Wooooo! Congrats Lauren!! Happy for you!

SoF

RL Update (June 8th, 2017) - On an indefinite hiatus, as RL/buying a house/having a kid has taken priority. I will keep poking my head in but posting rate is currently at 0%.

Veleraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2017, 05:45 PM   #254 (permalink)
Rattttt

When your afternoon in the front office starts out with a client asking you if you're going to veterinary school because you sound like a vet who knows what they're talking about (but, really, you're just good at your job):

And then an hour later a different client treats you like dirt and keeps snapping at you because you're just a technician and they'd rather talk to a doctor:

It's really no wonder that veterinary professionals have a high suicide rate, given the amount of abuse you have to put up with from clients, because it's very easy to let the crappy clients overshadow the clients that make you feel great and that you personally put at ease or help out with their pets. Not that I'm anywhere close to being suicidal (nooooo where close) but it puts into perspective why so many of my current coworkers are so bitter and frustrated when it comes to dealing with people in the office. I've only been doing this for 5 1/2 years and I hope to keep doing it for many more...and I hope to never let those awful clients bring me down to a point where I can't be pleasant, open and humorous with clients, no matter how jerkface-y they are.

Now it's time for wine as I try to remind myself about all the other clients whose faces had smiles after talking to me this afternoon.

Happy thoughts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: