Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Arium > Paxia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4, 2009, 06:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Luminary

Sevette is an upstanding Citizen
[Drunken Dwarf] A Day's Work [Open]

Timestamp: 12th of Ioannes Era XV PF

She had been working at the Drunken Dwarf near every night for awhile now, playing for the patrons and teaching the owner. It put money in her pocket, as well as made it so that Kuro, her fiance, wasn't the one who had to pay everyting. Another plus, she was making music, something she enjoyed, something she'd never bore of.

She was on the break inbetween playing and teaching, sitting at a corner table the place was known to be one of the rougher area's of Paxia and she wanted to keep herself out of the eye of trouble.

She sipped on a strawberry juice in her corner, shifting one leg over another in habit as she smoothed her faded dress with one hand.

Limited net acess. Posting may be slow.
Old February 4, 2009, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Steel
Mixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious SuperheroMixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious SuperheroMixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious SuperheroMixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious Superhero

At a table not far away, a person dressed in a black cape sat at a table, drinking a mug of ale. The person had the hood of the cape pulled down low so that no face was visible, but from size and mannerisms it seemed likely that the person was a woman.

Slowly, the woman, for woman it turned out to be, pulled the hood back from her head. She had an unusual look- her skin was green and her eyes unusually large with very little white about the pupil. A black sun was tattooed around her left eye, and three thin braids lay close by the side of her face, each supporting a bead of carved bone.

The woman was watching a rat that was making it's cautious way along the wall between her table and Sevette's. Slowly, the woman drew her short sword, which lay on the table beside her. She raised the scabbard to her lips and blew, and with a thunk, a thin dart of wire backed with a bead and yarn fletchings impaled the rat, which squealed surprisingly loudly for an animal as small as it was, struggled briefly, and then lay still. The woman rose and picked up the rat and stuffed it into a pocket.
Old February 8, 2009, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Being a newcomer and keeping mostly to herself in her business getting ready to move on, Niven hadn't made many acquaintances in Paxia. She'd been exhausted training Juno and needed some time to just relax. She'd heard that there was a new act at the Drunken Dwarf, a lovely woman who played the harp. Not having an ounce of musical talent herself, but being fond of harp music, Niven had to visit the tavern at least once to have the music tickle her ears.

She sat at at a table off to the side, out of the way, sipping her mead and listened as the woman's ivory fingers expertly waved over the strings of her harp and wove a melancholy tune. Niven smiled as she listened, marveling at the woman's talent. When she finished at sat down at the table next to hers, Niven couldn't believe her luck. Niven leaned across her table. "You were wonderful. I've never heard anything so beautiful in my life. Thank-you for that," she said. She sat back in her chair and smiled at the pretty woman.

The rat in the corner caught her eye and at that exact moment a makeshift dart hit it, killing the creature. A dark figure moved and picked up the rat and pocketed it. Niven looked up at the cloaked person, seeing only a hint of the individual's green skin, with an expression that could only be described as a mix of surprise and repugnance on her face.
"Thanx," she said, clearly more disgusted than thankful. "What exactly do you plan on doing with that?" Niven nodded to the person's pocket where the dead rat now resided.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Old February 8, 2009, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mythic

Mixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious SuperheroMixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious SuperheroMixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious SuperheroMixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious Superhero

Mixie was immune to disgust, and considered the question carefully. "I shall make the pelt into rat leather, that much is certain. It is a fine leather for gloves, as it is thin and does not muffle your sense of touch. Mice require too much tedious patchworkery, but two rats may yeild a glove if carefully skinned. The rest? I shall feed it to a snake. It is best if the snakes do not go hungry, their cry is not a sign of meekness."

There was a time when Mixie would have gladly eaten the rat, but at the moment she was flush with money and had become intrigued with the notion of ordering things that she had not herself killed. She always met each new dish with suspicion, but so far none had poisoned her.
Old February 9, 2009, 11:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Luminary

Sevette is an upstanding Citizen
Sevette glanced upwards from her drink and her thinking when someone leaned over to speak to her and compliment her on her music. "Thank you," Sevette gave the woman a little smile. "I'm glad someone enjoys it." Her attention was pulled to a woman near Niven who had just killed a rat and Sevette quirked a thin eyebrow.

Limited net acess. Posting may be slow.
Old February 10, 2009, 10:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Clearly repulsed, Niven made a face. Snakes. Brilliant. Her favourite animal. And who wore a rat pelt?
"You're telling me that you're actually going to skin the rat. For it's pelt." Niven raised an eyebrow, slightly amused by the thought of the woman, which she had distinguished by her voice, wearing the rat pelt. By itself. She sat back in her chair and a smile played on her pale pink lips. To appease her curiosity and her amusement, she asked, "And, um, what do you plan on doing with the pelt?"

CIR | SoF

Old February 10, 2009, 03:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mythic

Mixie pushed the cowl back from her head. Her eyes were unusually large, with very little white around the pupil, and a black sun was tattooed around her left eye. Three thin braids supporting bone beads framed the right side of her face.

“Yes, I will skin the rat. This rat shall be the palm of a glove.”She held up her hand by way of illustration, revealing that it was missing a pinkie.“Already I have three other pelts, and together they shall make a pair of gloves. The process of tanning is slow, but by winter they shall be ready.”

She leaned back in her chair. “You have led a soft life, and it is easy for you to walk past a rat with your nose in the air. Perhaps it will always be so for you. The Gods favor those with soft pink skin and hair arranged just so. Perhaps the Harper will play for you a song of despair and tragedy, and for a moment you will see down from your lofty perch, as music is the voice that speaks directly to the soul. Or perhaps she knows no such song, as few would care to hear it.”

She took a drink of beer. “Tonight I kill rats from instinct rather than need. A water elemental has given me 5 rings of gold and a necklace with a sapphire set in the pendant. As a gesture of tribute to the thin red wire, I shall buy the Harper and yourself a mug of ale if you will have it.”
Old February 11, 2009, 01:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven's green eye's widened a bit as she was put in her place by the green woman. She hadn't been talked to like that in a while, and she kinda liked it. This woman reminded her a bit of herself. All she said may not have been true but she was swift with her come backs. The woman had spunk and Niven enjoyed that in a person.

Niven nodded at the woman's offer to buy her a drink and she smiled at her. "So gloves, hm? Does rat fur keep warm well?" Niven asked, completely serious now. "What else do you kill to make clothing out of? And when did you come into contact with a water elemental? That's so interesting. What did it look like?"

CIR | SoF

Old March 2, 2009, 09:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mythic

OOC: Sorry for posting out of turn, but it's been awhile and I'm bored.

Mixie considered. "Rat fur is not very warm, but the leather is thin and it lets your fingers feel what they need to feel. I was raised in a dungeon and so it is natural for me to hunt rats. I do not often hunt outside of a city."

"The elemental I met at the beach. It tried to take my elf which made me angry, but it is difficult to fight with a water elemental so I sought to appease it instead. In return for music, it gave me a chest with a dead woman inside. The woman had jewelry for which she could have no further use."

"What of you? Surely you have seen interesting sights?"
Old March 3, 2009, 11:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Her green eye's widening at the woman's tale, Niven sat mesmerized by the story. "It tried to take your elf? You have an elven servant?" 'Poor soul,' Niven thought, feeling a pang of pity for the the elf whose circumstances meant they must resort to being a servant to get by. "How did you know to appease it with music? Why did it give you the dead woman? What use is that?" The questions flowed out of Niven, as she leaned forward. This woman was very interesting and Niven wanted to soak all of her up.

Letting out a silvery laugh, Niven sat back in her chair. "No, unfortunately I haven't seen much. Nothing worth really telling, anyway. But my goal is to change that. The Sylrosian Valley was devoid of excitement so I left my family in search of adventure. So far, though, I've found very little." She took a sip of her mead and smiled. "Though I hope that changes soon. If there is nothing to be found in Paxia I will move on. I've heard Vortex is interesting, I may go there. Or even Imperia. There's bound to be some excitement there."

Glancing over at the harpist, Niven wondered at her silence. 'Not very talkative, I guess,' she thought, her shoulders giving a little shrug. She looked back at the green woman and flashed her a big smile.

CIR | SoF

Old March 12, 2009, 07:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mythic

Mixie's brow knit. "No no, she was not my servant, she was...my elf. She came to visit at my crate, and once we sat together at a party and another time we subdued a madman together. I had no use for the dead woman, but she wore fine jewelry which I traded for money."

"It is not always nice to find adventure. Many times I have fled for my life, or been beaten by street ruffians. But if you crave adventure I advise you to make your own, so that you may ride it to your own terms."

Mixie ordered beer from the barmaid, then said "I lived in Imperia briefly. I took a room in an attic of an old house. The window was broken and cold winds blew through, and when I sought to improvise a stove there was a fire and I was forced to flee the city."
Old March 14, 2009, 06:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Quote:
"No no, she was not my servant, she was...my elf. She came to visit at my crate, and once we sat together at a party and another time we subdued a madman together.
The elf's brow furrowed and her green eyes gave away her confusion. At the last part of her description of her encounters with this other elven woman, Niven let out a laugh. "Subdued a madman?" She repeated. "Wow, you've had some very interesting experiences!"

Quote:
"It is not always nice to find adventure. Many times I have fled for my life, or been beaten by street ruffians. But if you crave adventure I advise you to make your own, so that you may ride it to your own terms."
The woman's words were wise, and Niven nodded. "That's more or less what I intend to do. You're absolutely right, sometimes things can get out of hand when you are swept up in an adventure that is not your own and you don't have the option of bowing out when you've had enough."

Declining a refill when the barmaid looked at her after the green woman ordered her drink, Niven looked back at her companion as she continued.
Quote:
"I lived in Imperia briefly. I took a room in an attic of an old house. The window was broken and cold winds blew through, and when I sought to improvise a stove there was a fire and I was forced to flee the city."
"You sound as if you've done a great deal of traveling." Niven said smiling. "Lucky you." Niven's clover-green eyes sparkled.

She took a sip of her mead and a realization struck her. "Do you know? I just realized that I never properly introduced myself. I'm Niven Soleil. And you are....?" Niven asked extending her smooth creamy white hand across the table they were sitting at.

CIR | SoF

Old March 20, 2009, 10:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mythic

Mixie considered. "It seems likely that I have traveled a lot, although I don't know what is usual. Luck has nothing much to do with it. I learned to hear the sounds the gods make in the dungeons of Vortex, and sometimes it drives me from place to place. I've seen Vortex, Imperia, Arakmat, Port Alyxandrya, Olympia, Paxia and smaller places in between. The walking wears on me and one day I will buy a horse."

Mixie had only shaken hands once before, and for a moment the offered hand confused her. She shook a little more vigorously than necessary. Her hand lacked a pinkie, which made her handshake feel a bit odd. "I am Mixie Shadowmuffin."
Old April 4, 2009, 12:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

oocSorry, been a bit busy irl and kinda forgot about this thread! My bad!

The handshake did feel a little odd, but Niven didn't show any indication of it. She just smiled. "Mixie," The elf repeated with a smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you." Niven retracted her hand and gripped her mug with it, taking a sip.

"How is it that you've never bothered to get a horse in all o your travels? I can imagine walking everywhere is quite tiring." Niven remarked. "Money is obviously no longer an issue for you, if it ever was, you should go get one. Granted, I don't know if you plan on making Paxia a permanent home for yourself, but if that's the case, you should still get one for pleasure riding. It's quite relaxing really." Niven took another sip of her mead. "I think I'll eventually get one. Probably in the winter to make travelling easier, if that's what I'm still doing. If not, I'll take my own advice." The elf smiled at the woman across from her and gave her a wink. Mixie was very strange, but Niven liked her immensely.

CIR | SoF

Old April 9, 2009, 10:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mythic

OOC: No problem. I've been going slow in case Sevette wants to jump in, but I think she may be gone for a while.

Mixie gave a harsh laugh. "This cycle is the first of my life in which I have had an excess of money, and it was only a one time income. I will not spend it recklessly."

She took a pull of her own drink. "Traveling in Winter can be tedious, but at least the bandits are not active. On the other hand your outline stands out against the snow, and if you do find a bandit and kill him he likely as not will have an empty purse. It is a dreary business sleeping in the snow, I believe if I do it again I shall purchase a tent or perhaps make one."