Old November 24, 2008, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mai
Former Staff

Mai is an upstanding Citizen
[Mercantile District] Feathers and Fangs

Feathers and Fangs
Pet Shop

In the heart of the Mercantile district stood, Feathers and Fangs, a newly formed pet shop after the last; Aerie & Growler’s had failed. Built from granite stone, upon looking through the window, many animals which yearned to be given a home can be seen. A top open cage reveals kittens of all types playing happily with one another, some sleeping, some eating, others going about their daily business. Mews are heard, small cries for attention from anyone that is willing to spare even a second for them. Loan puppies are in a window display separated by type, males and females. No grown dogs are to be seen, hinting all dogs are still in their prime breeding age. Bird cages hang as adornment by chains from the roof, the shop alive with competing songs, caws, and taunts from the numerous birds, who call their cages home. On entering the store, a sweet scent fills the nostrils, odd given the number of animals held within, with the shop keeper obviously keeping cleanliness one of her top priorities. Cages of various sizes are stacked around the walls, containing a wide variety of pets, each charming in their own fashion, with one loan rooster wandering the store, keeping guard hollering at any that may be rude to the animals.

Sawdust covers the wooden floor and behind the worn counter, pet food and supplies are stacked on shelves. A young elven girl stands with a gentle smile on her face, ready to receive customers when not occupied with grooming and caring for the caged animals. If asked she is able to produce a sheet of parchment containing the prices of the animals and supplies, for the customer to peruse.

In the back room, Sheena, the owner of the store can be often heard talking affectionately and brightly to the animals not ready yet to be displayed. Out front stands her one and only son; Tavis not happy to be working with his mother, his dull gaze uninterested in even the richest of customers. Around his shoulders, coiling all the way down to his waist rests the only thing that keeping him happy: his pet snake Eden, a python of grand length. Its menacing length is sure to scare even the most hardened of criminals.

It is rumoured that Sheena has other interests and hobbies, raising animals not deemed fit to be pets. Though these reports have yet to be confirmed, or even investigated by the city guard.

NPCs

Sheena Purra
Secrets :
Name
Sheena Purra

Age, Race, and Gender:
41, Human, Female

Physical Description and Behavior:
Blond hair, and thin, stands at 5'8.
Sheena always happy to lend a helping hand to any customers, more so that she deems would be the ideal owners.

Skills:
Animal Speaking
Accounting

Can this NPC be used by players in self-moderation?:
Yes

Tavis Purra
Secrets :
Name
Tavis Purra

Age, Race, and Gender:
20, Human, Male

Physical Description and Behavior:
Blond hair, and highly muscular, stands at 6'3.
Tavis is bored with life, and bored with the patrons, he has sought adventure, but is to scared to leave his darling mother alone for any period of time.

Skills:
Feral Shaman
Basic Accounting
Intermediate Hand to Hand

Can this NPC be used by players in self-moderation?:
Yes

Factoid
Secrets :
Type of Location: Store
Notability of Location: Common Knowledge
Training / Employment Opportunities: Yes (PM Moderator)
Can This Location Be Self-Moderated?: Yes
Credits: Written by AGM Pure Enigma, edited by GM Mai

Last edited by Steve; December 12, 2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old February 2, 2009, 11:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

5th of Ioannes, Summer, Era XV

Niven entered the pet shop, making sure not to walk too close to man and his snake, but not making it obvious that's what she was doing. Snakes that large gave her the heebie jeebies. She hoped that's not all that she would find inside.

The smell of the sawdust reached her nose as she stepped through the front door and she smiled. It was a good smell, one she liked. It did a good job of masking all the pet odors, which was saying a lot considering the number of animals found inside. The shop was inviting and not seeing anyone at first glace, Niven took the liberty of looking around. Her heart melted when she heard the soft mew's of the kittens. She walked over to the cage where they were being held and picked one up. The kitten mewed once and then rubbed its furry face against Niven's and purred. Niven giggled as the kittens whiskers tickled her nose. "Sorry, love, I'm not here for you. You sure are cute though," she said, putting the little ball of fur back down in the cage.

That's when the elf caught her eye and gave her a bit of a start. " I didn't see you there! I hope you don't mind that I cuddled with one of your kittens. Is this your store? Could you help me? I'm looking for a dog who would be good for tracking and hunting. What would you reccommend?"

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Old February 2, 2009, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Former Staff

Pure Enigma is an upstanding Citizen
Tavis looked up at Niven as she entered the store, his meandering glance picked up as she saw the elf cuddle with the kitten. Chuckling to himself lightly as the kitten then moved away, and urinated in the corner. Smiling with greater then needed enthusiasm, his python made the slow slither down his shoulders, before wrapping itself around his arm and making it's way to the other shoulder. "Welcome, welcome. My name is Tavis Purra, hear to suit your needs, or at least that is what my mother says." Tavis rolled his eyes, and his snaked in response to his body language, coiled around his arm tightly, giving Niven a menacing gaze.

"Hunting and Tracking dog, well that can easily be arranged. It would be a cross breed between an Aelyrian Hunter, and a Silrosian Tracker. Total cost since it is not a purebreed would be forty crowns. You can opt to have the puppy for that cost, or pay an extra six hundred crowns, and have it's training already done for you. This of course means house trained, and all the other bells and whistles. Along with it's trait of hunting and tracking. Or if you want, I am sure we could find you some... not so reputable pets that would just as easily strike fear into those that you track." Tavis gave Niven a solid wink, and began to hum to his beloved python.
Old February 2, 2009, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Keeping a weary eye on the snake, Niven listened to the man talking about the different breeds and cost. She wasn't sure if she trusted this man, as his enthusiasm seemed to be false. He was obviously unhappy with his job. Niven pitied him. But he seemed to have been able to charm the snake, so obviously he had some talent with animals.

"If I can get what I need in a mixed breed than that is fine with me. I'm not picky about breeding I just need it to be able to do it's job. Do they come house trained? I've heard that a lot of what they know is inertly wired into their breed, so I'm not too concerned about training aside from that. And I'm not so worried about striking fear as I am about making sure that the dog will be able to aid me during hunting. A girl has to eat,"
Niven said, trying to keep her distance without looking like she was keeping her distance. The snake seemed to be glaring at her and it was a bit unnerving.

CIR | SoF

Old February 18, 2009, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Former Staff

Tavis nodded in appreciation, his snake, and himself, eyed Niven with interest, his snake eying her more of a meal, then as a patron. "Very well, of course the dog will only be a pup, and you will have to nurture him well. He has had well treatment, and should progress into an excellent companion, as long as you treat him well. Of course he has no name, and you are free to pick him up whenever, after you pay the crowns, of course." Tavis pointed to an open topped glass showcase, that show cased a puppy of the most extreme cuteness running around.

His entire body a bundle of energy, his tail wagging excitedly as Niven drew near, it's entire body shaking with knowing the inevitable, it had finally found itself a home. Being cute does pay off.
Old February 18, 2009, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Nodding to Tavis' conditions, Niven walked over to the puppy. He seemed so excited to see her and Niven fell in love with him instantly. The dog had the face and coat of the Aelyrian Hunter but the ears, eyes, and colouring of the Silrosian tracker. Niven loved his black head and brown ears. She picked him up and cuddled the pup to her chest. "Hello there! Hello! Are you just the sweetest thing ever? Yes! Yes!" Niven said in a baby voice to the puppy. She looked back up at Tavis, her eyes sparkling. "I'll take him now."

Carrying the puppy over to the counter, Niven placed him down and pet him. The puppy wagged his tail and licked her hand. Niven giggled at the wet tongue on her skin and turned back to Tavis. "So I'll also be needing a long leash, a collar, a water dish and a small bag of food." Niven looked back down at the puppy and scratched him behind his ears. "How much do I owe you for everything?" She asked, pulling her bag off her shoulders and fishing out her pouch of crowns.

CIR | SoF

Old March 6, 2009, 12:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Former Staff

Tavis tallied up Niven's total, looking over all the prices, and double checking them over and over making sure he did not come up with the wrong total. His eyes shifted up from his calculations up to Niven, and he smiled thoughtfully. "With the Leash and collar, I'll give you two to range from his puppy stage to his adult life. Anyways Leash, Collars, water dish, and enough food to last for the cycle, along with the cost of the puppy himself is a total of eighty crowns. Be prepared this one is awfully energetic, having the best traits from both parents. Surprising energy, and above average stamina, don't be surprised if he keeps you up at night. Also for your knowledge, all of our pet's that we sell are house trained, well besides the dung beetles that is." Tavis smiled at Niven again, gathering the requested products, and waiting for payment.
Old March 6, 2009, 12:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Nodding to the man, Niven smiled at the comment about the energy level of her new pet. "Good! I'm glad. He'll have to be to keep up with me." Niven counted out the crowns and gave them to Travis. "Thanks so much for everything."

Gathering all the items with one had, Niven kept one hand on the pup and she put all of the items into her bag minus the collar and the leash. She picked the puppy up and put him on the floor. Reaching up to the counter, Niven grabbed the collar and fastened it around the puppy's neck. She reached up again for the leash and clipped that onto the dog. Standing up, Niven wrapped the excess length of the leash around her hand and picked up her bag off the counter. Slinging it over her shoulder, Niven looked back at Travis over her shoulder as she walked out the front door and waved.

"Thanks again," She called to him. Looking behind her at the puppy, who was very excited to be free and sniffing everything, Niven gave his leash a little tug. "C'mon Juno! Let's go home."

CIR | SoF