Old August 25, 2013, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Adventurer

Lexington is an upstanding Citizen
A Price Fair Enough - Private T.K Skaggs

Sometime in Summer

Lexington had been traveling around for sometime in the summer era and found himself strolling along the outskirts of Nexus Prime. The newly made xetan carapace sword was an addition - it was a finely crafted item that was forged by the master black smith Zim Rage.

Upon examination the scabbard was wrapped in black leather, and capped head and foot in the high polished white steel, creating a high contrast. This aesthetic continued onto the sword, the cross guard and pommel were also of the brilliant white with the black leather wrapped hilt, which would immediately give notice to a level of comfort never felt before. This was due to the double wrapped leather on the hilt which would be absobtive of moisture and vibration. The blade when drawn would be matte black, lacking the shine of metals, but still a little reflective due to the oils applied to it in order to clean the blade. All in all the short sword would be extremely well balanced.

None the less, Lexington never tested the sword in combat or tested the unique qualities Zim had mentioned it might hold. He was ready to move on so, with little hesitation he sought to sell the sword to the next passerbyer he saw.

Player Guide| Chronosynch |City Descriptions
Lexington is in Human form unless otherwise stated

Old August 26, 2013, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

T.K. Skaggs is unknown and forgotten
T.K. didn't believe in fate, or the gods, or luck, or any of that fethin' crap. Instead, T.K. believed in willpower and determination. For example, it wasn't the gods' faults that he had slept with a woman whose husband was trained in the use of a sword. It was his sheer willpower and determination to give himself a hard time.

It didn't matter. He did his job, wiped his junk off on the woman's face, and disappeared into the night like a fethin' Batman-ninja hybrid. He'd slept in a random, non-chalant home that appeared uninhabited, and then went about his way.

However, as he walked down the path he was following, bare-chested and smoking a cigarette, he saw a man. At least, he thought it was a man. Wouldn't matter, they all moaned the same. But as he drew closer, he saw the man had a sword sheathed at his side.

What the feth is it with men and their stupid swords? He knew the husband of the woman he had satisfied the previous darkening was still looking for him, using the description "A skinny git with a lot of markings." It kinda fit. Feth him anyway.

As he strolled closer to Lexington, he stopped, hands jammed in his pockets.

"You waitin' for someone?"

The last thing he needed was a mercenary hired by the jealous husband to impale his member on a sword and take it back to be eaten like the massive kielbasa it was.
Old August 27, 2013, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Adventurer

"Perhaps." Lexington said as he looked the skinny direct man up and down. It was then Lexington removed the Xet Carapace sword for its resting place. The finely crafted sword was black as the darkest darkening with a reflection brighter then the moons.

The Dracon flashed it back and forth. "It's a fine blade wouldn't you say?" Lexington simply smiled as he pointed the blade tip downward.

Old August 28, 2013, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Citizen

T.K.'s eyes never left the sword as the man drew it. He kept his distance, because having his head cut off by a dude pretending to show him his sword was the last thing on his to-do list. The blade was beautiful though, as black as midnight. T.K. had never carried a weapon, but to have a sword like that... Well.. It would be quite the twist.

"Beautiful blade, dude. All nice and shiny and sharp. Who are you waitin' on, son?"
Old August 28, 2013, 10:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Adventurer

Lexington tilted his head slightly. Son... This man was not the Dracon's father. He looked nothing like that of his scaled race and he certainly was not hiding his true self otherwise Lex would have a connection through telepathy.

Trying to bring humor to the conversation Lexington smiled "Well father, I'm waiting for a buyer or someone of character for this blade to choose." The Dracon looked TK up and down. "You do seem to have character but I'm not sure if it is the character the sword is looking for."

"What do you think?"
Lexington asked the derelict as he placed the sword's blade into the ground offering Skaggs to handle it.

Old August 29, 2013, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Citizen

T.K. took the sword from the young man, making sure to be careful in case it was a feint. There are two types of people in this world: The careful and the dead. He wasn't the latter.

He took the handle and held the sword aloft. It was expertly balanced, and something about the blade made T.K. think it was special. He wasn't a swordsman, he actually had no skill in it, but the blade was nice.

He didn't swing it since he was close to the man who was offering it to him. He grimaced for a moment, then put on his best "I'm the poor bastard son of a Gutslut" face.

"Nice sword, dude. But I'mma be honest, I'm not exactly affluent. Matter of fact, I'm damn near broke. Unless I can pay you in 'thank yous', I may not be the cat you're lookin' for."
Old August 29, 2013, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Adventurer

Lexington watched as the skinny man took hold of the sword. The rugged look of the skinny bastard wielding the xetan blade - it seemed like fate had finally come through.

The blade was interesting enough and rare enough. For some reason, Lexington thought the blade had a mind of its own and at this very moment, to Lexington, the blade chose this man.

"It seems as though the blade has spoken and chosen an owner. For that, not coin can be paid." Lexington smiled and placed the scabbard on the ground at Skaggs feet, smiled, turned and walked away into the distance.

If Skaggs looked close enough, a bank note worth 5,000 crowns was tucked inside the scabbard and by this time, Lexington had vanished.

Old August 29, 2013, 11:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Citizen

T.K. checked all and found the banknote. He smirked and looked back up, but like magic, the man was gone.

What in Aeternia had just happened? Was this some voodoo? Was there a witch around? Was Ash'ton Ku't'cher hiding around a corner?

Apparently not. T.K. chuckled and mused as the way stuff was falling into place. Coming to Nexus Prime hadn't been a waste. He got a free sword and free money.

That's some gangsta stuff.