Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Arium > Nexus Prime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 10, 2013, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Legend

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Ceva Nil'riia is a benevolent Adventurer

Show me how you make a first impression ( Open, Willow)[Blackfire]

Timestamp: Summer Era XX Post Fractum (PF) Night

Lights glimmered along the busy streets of Nexus Prime. The hazy yellow hue pushed back the few stars that scattered in the skies above the city. A warm summer wind rustled through the streets as a few innocent clouds waved through the skies above. Shops locked doors and boarded up windows as they closed for the night. People flocked in droves to the more popular night spots and social life of the darker hours. Laughter, smiles, and rowdy noises grew louder through the city as it seemed nearly the entire city was out this evening.

Men out for the evening dressed in finer attire of jackets and tunics as the weather was still to warm for the heavier attire of suits. Some men cared for a bit looser attire to accent more muscular features. Certain women dressed in looser garments offering hints of flesh and curves that pulled at the imagination. Others dressed more elaborate to display the wealth noted in areas like the nearly famous Jasmine district. The more lively of the crowds moved towards the Black Fire Restaurant and Club. The steady beat of the music drove the crowds to a more lively attitude and demeanor, as did the entertainers. Mirages of beauty and perfection that drifted in and out of dreams, smoke, and drinks.

Various posters had been placed around town this evening, which stated as follows:

To the stones upon the board,

If you seek to fatten your purse with crowns
If you do not ask the wrong questions or mind getting your hands dirty
A job is offered this night
Seek the Sovereign of Chains

At the bottom of the posters was the symbol of the Blackfire Club. Most could take the note to mean that for a job of ill repute was being offered this evening. What the job was, who the Sovereign of Chains was, how much it paid were all questions those interested would have to ask. If they were smart, charming, or amusing enough they would be directed to a small booth in the back. In the both sat a particularly handsome dark elf garbed in a blue robe.

The dark elf appeared to be young as far as elves were concerned. His vivid red eyes still held the bright color of youth, and his ears the distinct young curve. His dark black skin was almost like marble, smooth, unblemished, and elegant. Long white hair drifted out the open cowl of his hood, it was braid slightly to the right in a more traditional style. A small black white coiled at his side, it's sharp steel barbs glimmered against the gentle candlelight. He appeared agile, and his muscles hinted just slightly from beneath his attire. A small smile rested upon his lips.

A small half filled glass of wine in a silver goblet rested in front of him. Ceva would offer a seat to any who approached. He wasn't sure what kind of employee's he would find for a job this night. If he was lucky the kind that could do the job. If he was not then he'd find the desperate. Either way it would be a night to remember. It was always about asking...the right...question.

CIR
Old August 11, 2013, 12:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

Saya Tenyama is unknown and forgotten
What was it Saya had to wonder, that drew her back to the Black Fire brightening after brightening. It certainly wasn't wealth or power, nor did it seem to be a thirst for information either. No, to be honest she already partly knew the answer. It was after all rather apparent. She was here for enjoyment, and for the freedom it entailed. This one certainly was not a slave, although in a way you could say with certainty that she was in fact bound. It was an interesting paradox, and one she had learned to enjoy musing over as she partook of her blood wine.

As for her company? Well, she didn't have any at that particular time. Indeed, the simply dressed woman was by herself as she drank and watched the stage performance with her golden eyes. Her simplistic light blue embroidered dress wasn't something to draw the eye, and while her white hair and gold eyes were unusual, it wasn't something that would distract from that evenings performance. Even so though, it could be said that she possessed a certain presence that was different from the other guests partaking of their desires. Something that hid underneath the life of the club, something that was waiting.

Old August 12, 2013, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Steel
Aeredith Verlaine is a famous HeroAeredith Verlaine is a famous Hero

Continued from here.

Meriam Venadaire walked into the Black Fire accompanied by her Fae companion, Maas. Unbeknownst to those she met, Meriam Venadaire was heavily induced with the hallucinogenic drug known as Keka. Here eyes, large, black, dilated, scanned the establishment with a keen unblinking interest. She had been here once before, to seek information pertaining to the population of her race, the Air'riela, within Nexus Prime and Arium beyond. She had done so hidden under her Masque, in the guise of which she was more commonly associated, that of the White Lady, Inquisitor Verlaine. Here however, with a shock of red wig hair cut short in a severe bob, a face heavily powdered into a fine ashen grey, she was free from such formalities that her occupation, at times, presented and required of her.

So it was that, with a graceful nonchalance, did she pluck a flute glass of champagne from a passing platter of silver and headed into the bowels of this, a growing epicentre of increasing notoriety. The establishment was known to her and known to those in The Berghe of Nexus Inquisition, having recently acquired the rank of "Place of Interest". The prying eyes and ears of the Imperial Inquisition forever drawn to such places that favoured a clientele one could assume to be dubious. The comings and goings were soon to be monitored and documented, money would be offered to those who were viewed as complicit toward the righteous endeavours of an Empire keen to have the machinations of the city of Nexus Prime working as smoothly and efficiently, as a frontline defensive position could possibly be, when working toward defending against the Great Western Threat of the Xet.

Criminality often slowed the cogs of the large scaled machinations of an empire, you see. Criminality was but a spanner in the works. A pest and distraction, the game opportunists played and Nexus Prime right now could ill-afford the digressions that criminality played and preyed upon it. Fragile times. She had come to believe that sooner, rather than later, her task of accumulating knowledge and information pertaining to the criminal element would then see her play a part in putting into motion a far more aggressive Nexus Prime. Herself, as a velvet glove, would give way to others inclined to be more akin to a steel fist.

A Purge, perhaps.

For now though such establishments as this were to be viewed in the grey area associated with terms such as..

"Better the Devil you know." she says to herself while scanning the room. Her tongue tripping out the words to cement her thoughts.

It is busy, her heightened sense of sight spotting faces half carved in shadow as they pass under atmospheric light. The evening here, for her, was not planned. She had scored the illegal substance now internally fuelling her as a means to aid a slightly naive goal of Scrying the face of a serial killer onto canvas. She was to break in to the abode of a recently deceased victim and set about her darkening work. It was a certain sign placed upon a certain wall detailing a certain undertaking which had changed the course of her evening to being here, right now, looking for this Sovereign of Chains. A title which screamed to her to be further investigated. It was a testament to the way in which her occupation had begun to shape her character that the dubious peoples she passed nigh on always demanded her attention - and Sovereign of Chains were a selection of words that just sounded wrong to her.

Wrong enough to be here.

She would likely, at a push, tell you that she was smart, she was charming and in her own inside joke manner she could, to those very few she trusted, be very well amusing. Facets enough that gained her the favour of others as they silently judged her appearance worthy enough to warrant being shown to a booth in the back of the Black Fire whence she attempted an enquiry. There, while absently sipping her champagne, her large black disc eyes perused a figure as dark in colour as her dilated pupils.

"You look positively evil." she remarked with a garishly deployed grin, half-hidden behind the flute glass still raised to her lips.

"Tell me, how does one come to be regarded as the Sovereign of Chains?"
A N G E S H A P E S
W I T H P R O T E U
S S E T M U R D E R
O U S M A C H I A V
E L T O S C H O O L

Last edited by Aeredith Verlaine; July 20, 2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old August 24, 2013, 11:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Legend

Saya:

A variety of people were drawn to the dark ambiance of the fires of black. Everyone served their own masters, some were just more honest about it then others. They asked questions to which they already knew the answers, but then again it was always about asking the right question. Saya drew enough notice from some, from those who knew what they were looking for. Greatness was not found in the halls of kings but in the taverns, clubs and brothels of the darkened city streets. Each stone had it's role to play, and if one was not claimed it soon would be. The game was quickening with each brightening.

The handsome young dark elf whispered something to a pretty young red haired woman. The woman giggled playfully, and nodded to him before she sauntered over to Saya. She smiled warmly to the young woman.

"Pardon miss, the fellow at the table requests you join him."

She winked towards the woman and nodded back to Ceva. The young handsome dark elf raised a goblet towards Saya. A not so subtle invitation. Of course as the waitress left to go to other tables it was up to Saya to accept or decline it. Life was made on such decisions, on such questions, there was only one life to live. If it was done right however, only one was needed. It was always about asking...the right...question.

Verlaine

As she approached the elegant garbed handsome dark elf he grinned playfully. His crimson eyes sparked with amusement as they scanned over her form. It was the usual manner a man viewed a woman, but with none of the formalities offered by most of polite society. His gaze was unabashed and brazen, he did not hide what or where he was looking. When his hungry wanderings halted his eyes came across her own once more. He playfully swirled the goblet in his right hand, the liquid sloshed around as he tilted his head slightly to the right.

"Hmmm...far worse things then I...bump into the night...."

There was a reason the Silver Prince and others tolerated the evil that Ceva performed. He was a known, a quantity they could control, confront, and shut down if required. He was tolerated because he kept other more hidden evils from seeping into the game. Ceva had always been willing to walk along the cracks of the world. Perhaps he had fallen to far down them once or twice, but it had granted him a great deal of clarity. In a world of towering Xet, ancient winged beings, and daily magic formal sanity had very little use. He chuckled playfully and gestured to a open portion of his booth. The circular table could have quite comfortably sat eight.

"Mmm....not familiar with the Court then....I see. All part of the game....little stone...many sides of the board...some pull pieces with string...others with silk...some with steel...and I...with chains. "

He took a small drink from his wine, the heavy spiced concoction opening his eyes and his senses,

"Hmm...well....so you know what I am...what..are..you?"

He wasn't asking for her actual name of course, such things were often droll and unimaginative. Gifts from parents who had just enough education to pull together a handful of letters into a distinct sound. Such boring and plain names had no place on the board, hey had no purpose in the game. He was asking where she fit on the board, which side she played for, if any. He was asking a question. It was always about asking...the right question.

CIR
Old August 25, 2013, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Steel
Aeredith Verlaine is a famous HeroAeredith Verlaine is a famous Hero

"The.. Court? This is your title in a.. Court?" She inclines as she slips into the seat space offered to her, intently looking at him over the rim of her flute. The ice cools up her spine as the drug works it's wiles within her, less aggressively than when stood up, when moving. The back of her neck feels akin to a gentle exhale across her skin. She swallows, waiting patiently for the cooling surge to dissipate into the rest of her body. She looks at him, after what in truth is mere moments, and finds in his vibrant red eyes what appears to be lustful carnality, unabashed - the smile that has remained on her lips shifts into a smirk, her neck turns, she gazes out into the nigh-black of Black Fire, into the chattering and giggling mass of heads mingling in the near dark. The vital sense of danger, it must be said, she would find intense in normal circumstance. Yet this 'Keka' the man in a street, before being here, gave her brings with it an internal distance. Much like peering out through the eyes of oneself as through a pane of glass, quietly. Duller of heart, keener of sense.

"I am a voyeur and there is much to watch, Sovereign." and smoothly, almost too fluidly, turns back to face him. She leans in, her large dilated pupils unguardedly looking into his.

"I began this Darkening wanting to paint the face of a killer and now I fear I am looking into the eyes of one." and blinks as she silently lowers her glass onto the table, watching now intently at the remains of the liquid as she swirls it around.

"I am not here to fatten my purse and my hands, I must confess, are very rarely these days my own. Though I simply insist to always keep them clean."

She pauses.

"Puppeteers and seducers, the mundane yet needed wielders of steel.. and the devilish binders all. So few with short snouts. Too long, too far to look beyond. Wolves though, aren't we all?" she turns her face back to his, looks, tilts her head without blinking, gazes, guages.

"I seek no work. I seek only an answer to this question.

Tell me, under what circumstance would a Sovereign trade with a Voyeur?
"
A N G E S H A P E S
W I T H P R O T E U
S S E T M U R D E R
O U S M A C H I A V
E L T O S C H O O L
Old September 15, 2013, 01:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Legend

The handsome young man smirked as he brought his fingers to rest upon the handle of his goblet. He chuckled playfully, to a joke never uttered. Crimson eyes continued to pool along the contours of her form playfully. The dark lighting cast his black skin into a almost lavender hue. Ceva did not flinch as she approached, but rather kept a direct gaze towards her. His eyes were angular in nature but the depth and dark red of color were like large pools of blood. Not widened by drug or liquor, but rather by a simple sensation of pleasure in other things. He mused at her self appointed title, his other hand rested gently upon the edge of the table as one finger tapped rhythmically along.

"Mmmm....a voyeur....oh my...so much to see....far to much for only two eyes...I take it you left your other eyes at home...."

Ceva was many things, but a fool was not one of them. He could cast the illusion of it if he wished, but his mind was always on the move. At times it moved to places even he was unaware of. Pathways of madness wrapped in the velvet of intrigue. The young handsome slaver had the sort of charming visage and muscular form that allowed him a self confidence in his own appearance. It was arrogance, but he did enjoy the feeling of it all the same. His eyes narrowed and softened into the kind of look given in the bed chamber. Each of his features were gifts from Haya, designed to lure someone into a sense of pleasure of need, and like any addiction, all he needed was to provide a single taste. They always came back for more, after the first sample.

His voice continued it's slow and paused manner of speech, words and phrases broken to add emphasis and meaning. Little questions, small riddles, and a few answers if one listened closely.

"Hmmm.....killers of all kinds wander this city....but I a killer...tsk tsk....and waste a fine resource....not very business like. There are far more...hmm...amusing ways to deal with one's enemies then death."

The young dark elf took a small sip of his wine. He let the cool liquid rush through his body. To nurture his mind, to strengthen his body, and to ease his senses. Though the young slaver presented some mysteries there was none in the looks he provided her. The slow deep penetrating heat of his stare. He was after the things a man was normally after in a woman. Rather it was the intensity of the stare that was unique, as if the table had not remained between them it seemed certain he would rise up and take her in a moment of heated passion. He smirked at her comments on the players of the city. At her question his smirk elongated into a grin.

"Mmm....new to the game are we......they start so young these days....it all depends which stone you desire...and the claims...if any...previously placed upon it."

He leaned back into his seat,

"Hmm....of course...most importantly....it's always about asking....the right....question."

CIR