Old April 21, 2013, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Steel
Links Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious Superhero

And Here I Thought the Job was Painless

TIMESTAMP: Late Optia, Era XX PF

When her Imperial Excellency Eulae would enter her office that brightening, she would notice a note laying on her desk waiting for her to read it.

Secrets :

Miss Eulae,

When you have a moment, please come back to the stables to see me. I suggest you come wearing clothes that you feel comfortable sparring in. As your bodyguard, I feel like it is time for me to examine your skills in self defense.

Sir Links.

Whether she went right then, or later in the brightening, it did not matter to the dracon. He had busied himself with cleaning, fixing, and prepping the stables for use. The stables of an Imperial office must be held to a high standard after all.

When the katta did come out, she would spot the dracon standing in front of the stables with his arm folded across his chest as he looked over his handiwork. He wore only a pair of pants. His shirt removed revealing his toned upper body, his glittering scales, and the multitude of scars he had collected over the eras.

When he heard her approach, Links turned around with a toothy smile on his face. "Miss Eulae. I see that you got my note. Perfect. Do you have any questions before we begin?"

Old April 21, 2013, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Adventurer

Eulae is unknown and forgotten
Having just returned from her continuous exploration of Nexus Prime she removed her purple cloak and tossed it on the couch in her office. That's when she noticed the letter from Links. She read it over several times.

Admittedly she was a bit perplexed as why he would want to test her defensive abilities. She really didn't have much in the line of 'comfortable' clothes but none the less she knew how to fight in what she was wearing. Heading out to where the stables were located.

She was first greeted by stables that were clean, remarkably clean. Not that she would ever own a horse as they perceived her as prey. She was then also greeted by a half naked dracon.

"So you wish to test me," she stated matter-of-factly, "You realize that my claws could render you severely hurt if not dead. Which means you have the upper advantage," it was at this point she wished that they had designed gloves to shield her claws from actually doing any real damage but enough to allow her to still use them.

They would have been helpful when she had fought in the Harbor District Fights in Paxia. She even wondered if news of that had reached Nexus Prime yet.

As of recent Eulae's mood was also a bit off. Especially since her training as a mystic. She seemed to get frustrated and annoyed easier.

"Ch praaiiI am ready to spar," she said forgetting that Links didn't speak kattoshie, "I am ready to spar."
Old April 22, 2013, 12:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mythic

Links Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious SuperheroLinks Kha'Serith is a glorious Superhero

The dracon chuckled at her little protest of concern. He held up his own hand to show her the heavy talons that tipped the ends of his own fingers. While they may not have been as naturally sharp as the kattas, they were no less deadly when applied with enough force. He had proved that point a number of times in the course of his life, both to himself and to the unfortunate person who had questioned his deadliness.

"You're not the only one with natural armaments Miss Eulae. My scales also act as a natural light armor, and I've been in a few fights before. I also believe you can contract your claws at will. If you are really worried about hurting me, then don't use your claws. In either case, show me what you got. Don't hold back. I need to know how much you can handle on your own."

"I am ready to spar."

Links unfolded his arms and settled down into a basic athletic stance. Feet shoulder width apart with one foot slightly ahead of the other. His arms were loose and relaxed as he held his hands open in front of his chest. He gave the katta a sly grin nodded to her, while gesturing with his fingers for her to advance. "Of course, Miss Eulae. Show me what you got."

Old April 22, 2013, 01:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Adventurer

She had a lot of pent up anger in her. Perhaps this would be a good way to release all that tension. Looking at the Dracon she gave a toothy smile, "Nm mmnin praaiiIt's your blood warrior!!" she growled.

She assumed the Basic Claw Stance, her training was more of a dance move and an art form. Her tail flicked back and forth helping to keep her balance. She extended her claws, he did say he wanted her to show him what she had.

That's when she finally translated for him "It's your blood warrior!" she let out a growl as she leaped for him extending her left arm into a Basic Claw Punch.

If the punch were to land it would hit him in his lower abdomen as he did tower over her small just barely over one and a half meter5'3" size. She of course held no faith in her ability to even remotely do any type of damage to the Dracon.
Old April 23, 2013, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mythic

OOCWith permission from AGM Neko, I'll peer/self mod this thread.

Links' trained eye watched as Eulae assumed her stance. It was a basic stance, but it told him that she had some kind of combat discipline and training. She wasn't just fighting with instincts and fury, she actually had been taught a specific way to fight. That was good for the dracon. She wasn't completely helpless. Now he just had to see how advanced she was within her chosen discipline.

He watched as she extended her left arm in a punch. It was different than most punches he had seen. Her claws where extended and looked like they were the main point of contact. Punching with the claws? How interesting. Maybe it something I should look into.

The dracon backstepped away from her punch, leaning back to be just out of reach. Then with his left hand, he swiped her extended hand up and on of the way. He then followed up with his right hand swinging in, fingers and talons flexed to rake across her chest. The pantheri would have to move fast to block of deflect the attack.

Old April 24, 2013, 11:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Adventurer

With her attack blocked Eulae cursed in kattoshei. She was preparing to do another Basic Claw Punch when out of the corner of her eye as well as the change in wind she felt on her whiskers she noticed that Links was bringing in his right hand to swing at her. She had a few options she could do.

First option was to duck out of the way and possibly try a Basic Kick. Second option was to do a Basic Claw Block which would allow her just a split second to block his right hand and bring her left paw in for an attack. For just a brief moment she attempted to calculate which option would be best.

Right before his right hand got to close, she decided to do a Basic Claw Block and with some effort was able to avoid his talons for raking over her. She brought her right paw back into a Basic Claw Punch and aimed for his mid-section again.

Her adrenaline was already pumping with the annoyance, frustration, and anger she was feeling. Her ears were already set back in a predatory fashion. She growled loudly, enough to shake the windows around them as she proceeded to do the Basic Claw Block.

If the Basic Claw Block succeeded she would then jump back to give herself some room to recompose herself. If it failed well then she was in for a world of hurt.
Old April 25, 2013, 12:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mythic

Links grimaced as Eulae's claws pricked his arm from her successful block. She was then countering with a quick punch to his stomach. Swept his arms down to knock away the attack and jumped back, just as she did. There was distance between them again, and the dracon flexed his forearm against the slight pain he felt from her claws.

She has good reflexes. Well timed blocks and even counter attacks. And she even was able to think about what move to do within all that. She has potential, that's for sure. The dracon chuckled and shook out his arms before returning to his stance. He gestured for her to come at him again. What else could she do?

As they closed the distance, Links lashed out with a quick left jab at her right shoulder. His talons were pointed forward to make the first contact. One could say that it was a basic claw punch, but it was very sloppy, a mix of the claw attack style with other fighting styles.