Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Arium > Nexus Prime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2013, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Luminary

Raff Grey is a benevolent AdventurerRaff Grey is a benevolent Adventurer

Ring Getting Strong Now: Raffy III - [Jace] Closed

oocLevel Up Zan Zu L3
Rocky theme song - YouTube
Spring XX PF

Spring time always brought everyone outdoors. The winter was time for staying warm, hibernating like bears and keep close to the warmth the home could only provide.

Raff found himself in Nexus Prime at the start of the season. He had an adventurous Winter and was looking to take advantage of opportunities that he could advance in. This particular time, the scarred faced Half-Giant could be seen jogging down the side of the streets getting exercise - stretching his limbs. He wore his greyish whale bone forged chest armor that looked more like a fabric than actual armor over his white t-shirt. His dark trousers were accompanied by a black belt and dark tan boots. Raff's hidden blades were adjusted so that each fit perfectly along his forearms as to be unnoticeable until activated and the blades sprang forward.

The brightening was warm, with a crisp wind left over from the Winter season. Raff jogged without care as he passed many townsfolk, merchants, guards etc. Not many paid attention to him but took at least a second to see where and what he was doing. After all, it wasn't an everyday event that a seven foot, three hundred pound Half-Giant went jogging along the streets.

Raff Grey has been declared dead as of Winter Era XX. Time of death estimate to be 24:42:38

Last edited by Raff Grey; March 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old March 6, 2013, 04:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Mind Sculptor

Jace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious Superhero

Ash was walking in the streets doing some shopping before return to his home. He checked his list of things to buy and then he looked around. - "Potatos, where in the hell I will find potatos...?" - He said to himself. Next, he entered inside one store. - "Serale! I want some potatos, carrots, cabbage and meat." - The other man listened his request and gave the food to Ash. -"Thank you very much, my friend! Take this, please." - And Ash gave to the man 5 crowns more.

He went out of the store when he shocked with Raff. The bag with the food flew over their heads. With a great agility, the old man caught everything with is hands. Then, he looked to the half-giant. -"Serale, Sir, sorry, I didn't saw you. This bag is too big, sorry." - He prepared to continue his path when he stopped and looked once more to Raff. - "Wait a minute, what are you doing here?" - He said, with an huge surprise in his face.
Old March 6, 2013, 08:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Luminary

Ash had ran into Raff as if a carriage would have run into a brick structure - the two didn't mix. The result - vegetables flowing into the air and Ash being forced to gain his step but also catch all the vegetables that were now out of his bag and into the air. With agility that Raff had seen before, Ash bobbed and weaved back and forth, defying gravity to catch all contents the once made up his bag of shopping.

Raff looked at the man as he spoke raising his eyebrows in a 'pay attention' like manner while shrugging his shoulders slightly and giving a half smile. "No worries." the Half-Giant replied as he continued back into his jogging. Right as Raff was about to let into a full jogging pace, the man, Ash, turned back to him.

"Do I know?" Raff asked as he stood there with a slightly tilted head and scrunched brow.

Raff Grey has been declared dead as of Winter Era XX. Time of death estimate to be 24:42:38
Old March 6, 2013, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Mind Sculptor

Jace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious Superhero

Ash looked to him, with one of his eyes closed. - "You are a fighter, yes? You do one Zinn'ka, right? I was a fighter too... In my glory brightenings. Now I am old and tired. But I still now the tricks! Do you wanna learn some?" - Ash didn't waited for Raff's answer. The give the shopping bag to Raff. - "Carry it, please. And follow me!"

If Raff decided to follow the man, Ash would go back to his home. Reaching the old fighter's home, the man opened the door and entered.

"Please, come in." - He said. - "You can put that in there" - He pointed to one chair.

Then, the man opened a door and a big room could be seen, revealing a room with wooden floor, high, well lit and with mirrors on one wall.

"We shall train here. Sounds good for you?"
Old March 6, 2013, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Luminary

Without time to answer the question from the old, tired man, Raff took hold of the shopping bag and followed the man back to his home. He was becoming more trusting of people these days which was a huge step in, hopefully, the right direction.

The Half-Giant ducked as he entered through the doorway and placed the shopping bag full of items on the chair as requested. “So you use to be a fighter around these parts? What style of fighting and where did you fight?” Raff asked as he looked around the home inspecting every inch. He did not receive a response before the two ended up in a large room with a high ceiling, wooden floors and mirrors at one end covering the wall.

“I suppose this is as good a place as any.” Raff said with a questioning tone.

Old March 8, 2013, 07:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Mind Sculptor

Ash listened Raff's question and replied to him when they entered in the gym. - "Well, I can say that. I was a fighter, after all. I was a gladiator. I fought in many Colosseums before. Now I'm old... and Alive too! HA HA HA!"

Ash went to the center of the room and waited for Raff. - "Come here, please, it's time to begin our training. I fought Shaaskah and Zan Zu, too. Two completely fighting styles! Let's see what you know! You can go at me, and pay attention of my moves! I can be old, but I'm not rusty, young boy!"

Last edited by Jace; March 8, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old March 10, 2013, 11:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Luminary

A gladiator retired. An old man that trained in both Shaaskah and Zan Zu. He should be a formidable opponent even in his old age. Perhaps Raff could best him using his vitality and strength.

The Half-Giant moved into an offensive position, one foot in front with his body turned sideways allowing for little area for the old man Ash to counter attack towards. Raff brought one fist up jaw level and the other bent at the elbow about chest height letting it linger slightly lower to adjust for any height advantage he might hold.

He knew the old man would be quicker than he even in his old age so Raff committed with a quick attack hoping to gain hold of Ash and quickly. Raff ducked his chin into his neck and dropped one knee as he swept in keeping one hand up to block from any kicks as he attempted to wrap his other hand around one of Ash’s legs using his shoulder to push Ash backwards hopeing to bring him to the ground.

Old March 12, 2013, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Mind Sculptor

Ash saw Raff moving towards him and he did... Nothing. He let the half-giant doing whatever he wants to do. Something about test his students, discover what they know and find they weakness. That was how Ash taught. Now, what would be the next move of the fighter?
Old March 12, 2013, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Luminary

Raff took Ash to the ground using his shoulder to drive into the old man making sure the weight of his Half-Giant frame came crashing down on top of him.

It was then Raff attempted another maneuver. With his arm and hand clutched around Ash's leg, the Half-Giant tried to place Ash's ankle into a head lock grip while flipping Ash's body so he was face down to the ground. Raff pulled up and backwards on Ash's ankle as the weight of Raff's body would force-ably keep Ash from moving.

Old March 13, 2013, 09:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Mind Sculptor

"Ok, ok, it's enough!" - Said the old man, while Raff was over him.

He stand up and then he wagged his arms and body. Then, he looked to Raff.

"I'm glad you know what you're doing. Let's teach some things, yeah? Your first new technique: Kemite’s Walk. A formidable leg technique that is executed on the ground by using one’s leg to twist and lift the opponent’s leg. You were holding my leg, but you need to use you're own legs too! So, what are you waiting for? Came here and show me that technique, came on! But slowly, please, we are training!"
Old March 21, 2013, 11:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Luminary

oocsorry for the delay
Raff let go of the old man’s leg and body as both stood erect and on their feet. Ash explained the Kemite’s walk and how it was to be executed. With a nod, Raff positioned himself again and followed instruction.

The Half-Giant moved into a single leg take down as he had done just prior to the explanation of the Kemite’s walk. Raff ducked his chin into his neck and dropped one knee as he swept in keeping one hand up to block from any kicks as he attempted to wrap his other hand around one of Ash’s legs using his shoulder to push Ash backwards hoping to bring him to the ground again where he would use one of his leg’s to lift and twist Ash’s leg hoping to successfully execute the Kemite’s Walk.

Old March 26, 2013, 08:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Mind Sculptor

Ash let the student execute the technique and then he speak. - "Very well, it's enough. It's a bit like the previous moves you used before, isn't it? Well, I guess you are a good student, after all! Next move!

Back Breaker – The Back Breaker concentrates on attacking the back of an opponent. One version of the Back Breaker done by lifting the opponent on one’s back and slamming the opponent’s back on the ground.

Come on. I'm waiting!"
- Now, Ash assumed one defensive stance. Covering the face with the hands and with his knees bent.
Old April 7, 2013, 05:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Luminary

Raff nodded and understood what needed to be done and how to execute the next move – the back breaker.

The Half-Giant crouched down into his offensive stance, one foot slightly in front of the other and his hands half open, one at shoulder height and one chest height. With a quick feint to the right, Raff moved left trying to step around Ash while grabbing the old man with one hand. Raff then bent his legs and reached up with his open hand to grab Ash’s head trying to lift the old man up before spinning on his feet and setting the old man down on his back towards the ground. He wasn’t actually trying to hurt him just move through the attack.

Old April 7, 2013, 07:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Mind Sculptor

Ash saw the move to the left after the feint, so the moved to the right, standing in Raff's back and grabbing him by along his waist, using the feet to sweep Raff's feet, grabbing his legs in the moment of the ascension of the feet and slammed the half giant.

Raff's reaction?
Old April 8, 2013, 08:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Luminary

Raff fell to the ground hard as Ash moved faster then he and saw the feint coming. The Gika really did underestimate the old man and thought this would've been an easy technique to administer.

Perhaps failing was the proper way for Raff to understand and see how the back breaker needed to be executed, or maybe he was just "letting" the old man get a few in...

The Half Giant sprung up his back as he started to attempt to breathe through the pain. It wasn't crippling pain but his weight with gravity working against him did not feel good at all.

Raff did not have many options as it seemed Ash was waiting for a reaction from the fallen giant but there was one thing he could attempt. Raff brought his right leg up across his own body and attempted to catch Ash's body with it while sweeping his left leg up behind the knees of Ash. It would almost seem as Raff was attempting a sweep of somekind, most would understand the wrestling move as a scissor leg sweep...