Go Back   Aelyria > Community > News

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old October 30, 2018, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Down the Rabbit Hole

Mimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious Superhero

Kevin's Award 2018: The Winner!

Serale, Aelyrians!

We commemorate Kevin Ostapenko, the player behind Hannas Darkblade and Katzchar Telvic and a long-time contributor to Aelyria. In memory of his contributions, roleplaying excellence, and community advocacy, our community nominates and the Management Team selects one member to receive the Kevin Ostapenko Memorial Scholarship for Roleplaying Excellence, or Kevin's Award for short. The prize, besides the recognition, is a one year Companionship on the site.

After a review of the nominees and a discussion of who has, in the previous year, best exemplified all the qualities Kevin was known and beloved for, the Management Team has decided to award the Kevin Ostapenko Memorial Scholarship for Roleplaying Excellence Award 2017 to Calanon.

Calanon has been an outstanding member of the community for many years as a role-player and as a peer moderator. She is always friendly and warm to newcomers, contributes to the game on multiple levels, and exemplifies the qualities of character that Kevin's Award is all about. Please join me in congratulating the player behind Calanon!!

Thank you as well to all who participated and continue to participate, not just in the nominations but in making this a better community for all of us!

Check my Office for Carrots and Updates!
Thanks to Chary for the bunny! (x2)
Mimesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2018, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

yaaaaaaaay
Old October 30, 2018, 04:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Demon of Heaven

Charybdis has disabled reputation

Congrats!
Old October 30, 2018, 05:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Aedaan Sinclair is a malevolent Minion
Congratulations!!

Red rep preferred | CIR | Peer Mod Desk
Aedaan Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2018, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
ARRR!!!

Sepharvaim is a benevolent Adventurer
Wooo! Congratulations!

|SoF|
Sepharvaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2018, 06:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Shields are Yummy

Hoskuld Coal-beard is a benevolent AdventurerHoskuld Coal-beard is a benevolent Adventurer
I wuz rob-I mean, congratulations!
Hoskuld Coal-beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2018, 06:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Aelyria's Nutcracker

Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero

Thoroughly deserved! So, so happy! *does the Moss dance*

Posting Status: Hosting guests but trying to keep up...! [08.11.2018]
Moss Oktra'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2018, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Aim To Misbehave...

Maddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious Superhero

Congrats

Cheers, Maddyn
Maddyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2018, 06:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Wealth Tier: Steel
Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

Uhm...thanks though. What a list to be added too.
[insert more gushy stuff here]

As an unfeeling Brit, I only emote ic so you'll just have to imagine how pleased I am.

<3
charybdis >> grim :And crying.
Hoskuld & Walt :...and it was a weird time.
CIR
Secrets
Calanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2018, 07:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Aelyria's Nutcracker

Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calanon View Post

Uhm...thanks though. What a list to be added too.
[insert more gushy stuff here]

As an unfeeling Brit, I only emote ic so you'll just have to imagine how pleased I am.

<3
You're positively gushing!

Old October 30, 2018, 07:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
So Wholesome

Wealth Tier: Steel
Kailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious Superhero

Congratulations Cal! I am clearly unbiased in my belief that you are the best, and that we are lucky to have you around. Super well deserved, friend. Thank you for keeping this site so fun and welcoming, and for being so dang fun to write with!

I am also pretty sure that this means you get a unicorn.

Right, staff?

That or a dragon. I was pretty sure I saw that somewhere in small print...

*buffs up and hoists Cal onto her shoulders for a parade around the site*

Kailin Alyxanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2018, 07:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

Congratulations and well deserved. Kevin would have been pleased to see a writer of your calibre and such a committed community member win this award. It would mean such a lot to him, to see the award continuing year on year and as his wife, I know how much this place meant to him.

Awesome stuff - very richly deserved.

(and as a fellow Brit - this was my annual emotion. We're done for another year :P )
Old October 31, 2018, 12:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero

Congrats Calanon!! Well deserved

Cheers,
Vel

SoF

RL Update (November 15th, 2018) - On an indefinite hiatus, as 10 month old kid/working full time is taking up all free time.

Veleraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2018, 01:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Down the Rabbit Hole

Mimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious Superhero

A note that this year's award has been augmented by the generous anonymous donation of a second year's Companionship subscription.

Congratulations to Calanon again, and a special thank you to the donor. The generosity of the individuals who make up this community is always inspiring.

Check my Office for Carrots and Updates!
Thanks to Chary for the bunny! (x2)
Mimesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2018, 03:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Aelyria's Nutcracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis View Post
A note that this year's award has been augmented by the generous anonymous donation of a second year's Companionship subscription.

Congratulations to Calanon again, and a special thank you to the donor. The generosity of the individuals who make up this community is always inspiring.
Wow! That's wonderful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: