Go Back   Aelyria > Community > News

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old March 1, 2017, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rattttt

Nimh has disabled reputation

The Creative Director That's Now Just More of a Director

Hey guys,

So this announcement has been sort of a long time brewing but just hasn't had the mechanical/technical back-up with going forward to bother really making said announcement. However, here I am, taking the step to sort of let people know some of the shifts you can be expecting in how my position here on the site is going to be changing.

For a while now it's been fairly obvious that the Worldforge and Wiki hasn't quite functioned the way that it used to. A majority of this is because we've changed how we've approached lore within the game. Less official documentation on a lot of the absolute nitty-gritty, a general push for people to try to be creative within the setting of the game and a desire to get people working skills to fit their own characters versus having set lists for people to work off of. I know some people have a harder time with that than others but I'm genuinely pleased with some of the responses I've gotten from people about being allowed to come up with their own stuff in peer mod tickets without having to do a whole Worldforge article for it--I just wish we'd see more of it!

I won't hedge around the bush and say that I'm unaware that another part of the equation is that people find me abrasive or intimidating to post articles to. I'm aware of it and feel I generally do my best to let people down without mollycoddling although it's always hard to tell people their ideas just don't work or aren't necessary within the confines of the game. I get that. No one likes spending time on something and then have it go nowhere or told it's unnecessary.

So what am I getting at here?

I'm shifting into more of a general "Director" position and involving myself in the 'grand scheme' of things across the site. So, yes, you won't see me directly and solely working on Wiki or Worldforge stuff (we still have stuff coming down the pipeline that will be added to the wiki but we're only a small group of people and our interests/time only go so far and all). You will see me responding to your Peer Mod Tickets more, your Help Desk Tickets more and so forth. I've begun picking up more threads for moderation and will, at some point, opt to do something of a bigger scale that people can hop in on. I'm also going to be continuing to handle a lot of the disciplinary action in the background, as I've been quietly doing.

What does this mean for the Worldforge?

Not a whole lot. Please feel free to use it if you feel you have an article that fits in the Wiki...or if you want to edit/add/change things in a dramatic sort of way (although I'd prefer it to be less dramatic). You may consider me a Director with some focus/interest in the Worldforge/Wiki. Feel free to come to me still with those questions.

Anyway... I look forward to tormenting you and making you cry on your Peer Mod Tickets (but not really because that's never really my goal). I also look forward to working with you guys more in the game.

Much love,
Nimh/Lauren

PS - Why clarify this at all? Just because I want you guys to be aware of how I/we/the site is approaching the Worldforge and the process. <3
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2017, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero

Yay!! ^_^

SoF

RL Update (June 8th, 2017) - On an indefinite hiatus, as RL/buying a house/having a kid has taken priority. I will keep poking my head in but posting rate is currently at 0%.

Veleraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2017, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chasing Darkness

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Ministra is a glorious SuperheroMinistra is a glorious SuperheroMinistra is a glorious SuperheroMinistra is a glorious Superhero

<3 you!
Old March 1, 2017, 08:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Vermilion Skies

Jacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious Superhero

Technical perfection is serious business, guys.
Attached Images
File Type: png usergroupcagematch.png‎ (112.6 KB, 30 views)
Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2017, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rattttt

I have to be plum

ALWAYS PLUM

FOREVER
Old March 1, 2017, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chasing Darkness

Ministra is a glorious SuperheroMinistra is a glorious SuperheroMinistra is a glorious SuperheroMinistra is a glorious Superhero

#teamplum !!
Old March 2, 2017, 02:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Famous

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

is scared by this development and goes into hiding....

:P

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 6 + 1
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor!!! <3
Diamea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2017, 02:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Aim To Misbehave...

Maddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious Superhero

Green .

I've been wanting this for nearly seven years damnit.
Maddyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3, 2017, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

Lion of Northumbria

Keldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious Superhero

Green from the old player team was sharp... #greenteam

Last edited by Keldon Elsdragon; March 3, 2017 at 09:37 AM.
Keldon Elsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2017, 11:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Vermilion Skies

Jacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious Superhero

Plum won.

But we get a fun and interesting hybrid of plum names and blue title cards while we wait for the caches to update. =)
Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2017, 11:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Chasing Darkness

Excellent
Old March 6, 2017, 12:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Lion of Northumbria

Keldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious Superhero

Sorry Maddyn! Can Green be the new Society colour!?

Keldon Elsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2017, 01:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rattttt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: