Old October 27, 2016, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Down the Rabbit Hole

Mimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious Superhero

Scroll Kevin's Award 2016!

Serale, Aelyrians!

On October 26th we commemorate Kevin Ostapenko, the player behind Hannas Darkblade and Katzchar Telvic and a long-time contributor to Aelyria. In memory of his contributions, roleplaying excellence, and community advocacy, our community nominates and the Management Team selects one member to receive the Kevin Ostapenko Memorial Scholarship for Roleplaying Excellence, or Kevin's Award for short. The prize, besides the recognition, is a one year Companionship on the site.

After a review of the nominees and a discussion of who has, in the previous year, best exemplified all the qualities Kevin was known and beloved for, the Management Team has decided to award the Kevin Ostapenko Memorial Scholarship for Roleplaying Excellence Award 2015 to Rhystlin, also known as Muse.

Rhystlin is a great role-player and a talented writer who is always ready to help people on the forums and in chat who brings, I quote, "a breath of fresh air" to the game. She contributes to the game on multiple levels and exemplifies the qualities of character that Kevin's Award is all about. Congratulations!!

Thank you to all who participated and continue to participate, not just in the nominations but in making this a better community for all of us!

Check my Office for Carrots and Updates!
Thanks to Chary for the bunny! (x2)
Mimesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2016, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Grimfayne is a benevolent AdventurerGrimfayne is a benevolent Adventurer
Congratulations on winning Rhystlin!
Grimfayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2016, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired

Gothmog is unknown and forgotten
Congradts Rhystlin!
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2016, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero

Woo congrats Rhystlin!! (I -may- have voted for you)

Very well deserved!

-Tyler

SoF

RL Update (March 19th, 2018) - On an indefinite hiatus, as 2 month old kid/working full time is taking up all free time.

Veleraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2016, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

Congrats Rhystlin!!!!!!!!!!

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor!!! <3
Diamea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2016, 11:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Old October 27, 2016, 12:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oro
Adventurer

Oro is a benevolent Adventurer
Congratulations!!
Oro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2016, 04:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Luminary

Rafael LeBeau is a glorious SuperheroRafael LeBeau is a glorious SuperheroRafael LeBeau is a glorious SuperheroRafael LeBeau is a glorious SuperheroRafael LeBeau is a glorious Superhero

Congrats Rhystlin!
Old October 27, 2016, 05:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Champion

Golash is a glorious SuperheroGolash is a glorious SuperheroGolash is a glorious SuperheroGolash is a glorious SuperheroGolash is a glorious Superhero

Congratz Rhystlin!

Excellent choice!

"You're not a giant unless you have been shot 1,000 times with a bow and arrow."
CIR -Golash
Golash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2016, 07:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hero

Porta Vadei is a glorious SuperheroPorta Vadei is a glorious SuperheroPorta Vadei is a glorious SuperheroPorta Vadei is a glorious SuperheroPorta Vadei is a glorious SuperheroPorta Vadei is a glorious Superhero

Congratulations Rhystlin!
Porta Vadei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2016, 08:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Sass Trash

Liahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious Superhero

Congrats Rhys! Well deserved.

Jun 21, 2017: 20:56 RosieKyrillos: you ALWAYS get the power

Liahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2016, 03:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Steel
Bones is a malevolent Minion

Congratulations!

Ogre Necromancer
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2016, 11:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero

Woooaah, I had no idea. x_x Diamea had to give me a shout!

I'm sorry I've been so busy lately, but my thoughts constantly drift back to this community in between periods of posting and my fondness for this place never wanes. I always miss even the smaller periods of time in which I'm not writing with others. Although I have often wanted to contribute more to the community, I really appreciate the folks who saw me as a fitting recipient for such a wonderful award.

I had the pleasure of roleplaying with Kevin briefly as a couple of characters caught up in the workings of a gang in Imperia. It was an awesomely fun premise, and a brief jaunt in storytelling that I still remember quite vividly. He was a joy to write with, and a wonderful person to speak with OOC as well. I'm happy that the memory of him is still going strong, and that everyone still remains so engaged in his honor.

I'm really, really surprised, but extremely honored all the same. Thanks so much, everyone! And not just to those who voted for me, but for those who voted at all. I hope that I can maintain the spirit of what the Kevin's Award represents.
Rhystlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2016, 02:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Citizen

Khar'Ashan is unknown and forgotten
Congrats!!
Khar'Ashan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: