Go Back   Aelyria > Community > News

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old October 10, 2016, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Down the Rabbit Hole

Mimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious Superhero

Kevin's Award 2016 Nominations Open!

In memory of Kevin Ostapenko
October 26, 1965 - August 19, 2005

In memory of Kevin (the player behind Hannas Darkblade and Katzchar Telvic and a long-time contributor to Aelyria), the Game Directorate annually rewards a player of Aelyria with the Kevin Ostapenko Memorial Scholarship for Roleplaying Excellence, or Kevin's Award. The recipient of this award is given a full year's Companionship.

The award will be presented on Wednesday, October 26, 2016. It will be awarded to the person who best exhibits these criteria:

Roleplaying Excellence:
  • Exemplifies literary, creative, and artistic standards by writing excellent narrative prose and role playing with fellow Aelyrians
Community Advocacy:
  • Active engagement and participation in the Aelyria community, both challenging and encouraging fellow members to contribute to our game world
  • Candidate is also a superb community participant in civil discourse and helps maintain a positive and supportive atmosphere

How to nominate someone:
Please make a Help Desk Ticket to nominate the person you think exemplifies these qualities. Please write a short paragraph as to why the character you nominated should receive this award. Please provide links wherever possible.

Deadline for 2015:
The deadline for nominations is October 21, 2016. A decision will be announced on Wednesday, October 26, 2016.

Rules:
  • Only one nomination per person; you cannot nominate yourself.
  • You may not nominate a member of the Management Team.
  • Companionship will be awarded to the nominee for a period of 12 months commencing on or about October 26th and concluding on that date the following year. Companionship is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and is subject to all other rules and regulations as exclusively specified by Play by Post, Inc. Current Companions qualify, and if selected, will have an additional year appended to their current subscription time periods. No purchase necessary.

Check my Office for Carrots and Updates!
Thanks to Chary for the bunny! (x2)

Last edited by Mimesis; October 10, 2016 at 08:36 AM.
Mimesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2016, 08:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Down the Rabbit Hole

Mimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious Superhero

It's that time of year again!

Here's the list of those who've won it before:

Noe
Straylor Leonard
Palacrisis D. Jones
Erhyne
Hazudar
Roscarnis de Lylles
Milo L'Evienne
Sliucha Sindosa

Old October 10, 2016, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Golly gee Mimesis! Is Erhyne an alt for somebody else on the forums who might have other accounts that could be better known to the general populace?
Old October 10, 2016, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Down the Rabbit Hole

Dude, I just used the list you posted up last time. Ok, fine, here you go:

Noe
Straylor Leonard
Palacrisis D. Jones
Erhyne/Lyr Tlansson/Dalia/Mimesis
Hazudar
Roscarnis de Lylles
Milo L'Evienne/Klue Malinconico
Sliucha Sindosa/Indefinite

P.S.: for those who are not aware, I have a very deep and abiding affection for this award; I think it represents the very best that this community is, in terms of its being a reward not just for role-play but for service to the community and making this a fun and amazing place. I did not in fact know the player behind Hannas Darkblade personally (or ever rp'd with him), but one of the things I like best about this site is it's longevity and the fact that there are so many people, past and present, who have contributed so much to it at various levels, whether as staff or as players or as peer mods, over the years. And people are remembered, even if they haven't been around for years, or have passed on. I hope everyone takes it in that light too and puts in their nominations!

Last edited by Mimesis; October 10, 2016 at 03:55 PM. Reason: *mutter*INDEF*mutter*
Old October 10, 2016, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Down the Rabbit Hole

P.S.S.: I should also note that while Kevin Ostapenko is not with us, his wife still is: she's the player behind Hay'aan Malinconico (and a host of other/previous incarnations).

Old October 11, 2016, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero

I always love seeing this award being given out year after year. I knew Kevin just a little bit, having spoken to him briefly. Kevin was a great guy and I'm glad this tradition still carries on. It's a great chance to nominate someone who exemplifies the Aelyrian spirit! So please, when you have a few minutes, please put the effort to nominate someone, as you never know, somebody could be doing the same for you!

Cheers,
Tyler

SoF

RL Update (March 19th, 2018) - On an indefinite hiatus, as 2 month old kid/working full time is taking up all free time.

Veleraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2016, 11:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

Kevin would be delighted to see this award continuing in his name. As Mim and Tyler have said, it exemplifies the longevity and community of Aelyria, a place he loved.

Please nominate! Thanks
Old October 11, 2016, 11:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hero

Zardysseus is a glorious SuperheroZardysseus is a glorious SuperheroZardysseus is a glorious SuperheroZardysseus is a glorious SuperheroZardysseus is a glorious SuperheroZardysseus is a glorious SuperheroZardysseus is a glorious Superhero

Awesome player and awesome award!!

Expect delay's Work is crazy! Apologies
Zardysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2016, 12:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mythic

Klue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

I had the pleasure and the honor of getting to write and collaborate with Kevin briefly. It wasn't long enough, and this award is always a welcome reminder of how much he meant to Aelyria, to those of us who knew him just a little even from afar, and how much he's still missed. Take the time and nominate someone if you can. It will make you and them feel good. It's a win win. =o)
I care that they don't have any of their own.
Nikola Tesla
Klue Malinconico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20, 2016, 12:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Champion

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Golash is a glorious SuperheroGolash is a glorious SuperheroGolash is a glorious SuperheroGolash is a glorious SuperheroGolash is a glorious Superhero

I echo pretty much what everyone said above. Love this award and love the aspect of community that it represents.

Thanks to everyone who adds to Aelyria, and I look forward to reading your stories.

Nom submitted. Drops mic.

*A little feedback upon hitting the ground*

"You're not a giant unless you have been shot 1,000 times with a bow and arrow."
CIR -Golash

Last edited by Golash; October 20, 2016 at 12:18 PM.
Golash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2016, 08:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Down the Rabbit Hole

Last day for nominations! Better get it in if you haven't already!

Old December 12, 2017, 09:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Citizen

Karri is unknown and forgotten
I always love seeing this award being given out year after year....
Karri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2017, 08:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

It didn't get given out this year. Unfortunately, for whatever reason it got missed. I hope it gets remembered next year, I truly do. I'm not writing here any more, but I will try and remember to come here and remind folks before hand.

While the Aelyrian Awards are great and fab and all the other great things - I think this is important too, and I'd like to see it remembered every year - I know Juan, Jacob and Mimesis feel it's very important to do so, for which I'm incredibly grateful. Of course, part of that is that I'd like him remembered. But it isn't just about that, it's about what it represents. But then, my blog says that clearly. Thanks for posting here, Karri <3

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: