Old May 6, 2016, 12:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Vermilion Skies

Jacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious Superhero

Scroll Appearance & Navigation Updates

Hi folks!

This is a quick update post to bring you up to speed on some changes made on the forum over the past couple days to enhance site appearance and navigation.

Everwood Style Unlocked

The Everwood style, a forum theme previously made exclusively available to subscribers and staff as a premium feature, is now available for all users. You can select this style using the Quick Style Chooser, the dropdown menu at the bottom left hand corner of any page.

Everwood is a less "imperial" and more "natural" looking style than the Aelyria default. For some users it is easier on the eyes and I have unlocked it for everybody as a quality of life improvement.

Navigation Updates

Thanks to input from the community and a restructuring spearheaded by Nimh, the navigation bars for the site have been updated with more current and salient links. These navigation changes are available on the regular Aelyria style as well as on Everwood.

STYLE bbcode

For a couple years there's been a "secret" bbcode in use for more advanced styling: the DIV2 bbcode. Besides the clunky name, it wasn't actively advertised as an available bbcode because using it requires a greater level of technical aptitude than the BOX or FRAME bbcodes and it was initially implemented for styling the chronosynch posts and other official announcements.

This bbcode is now officially implemented as the STYLE bbcode, and can be found in the bbcode list. For those not familiar with the functionality, STYLE allows you to create a panel that can be styled using HTML/CSS-compliant code for more advanced backgrounds and text effects. It is an advanced user tool and those wishing to learn more should look online for guides on CSS (or maybe somebody enterprising can write a guide? Hmmm...).

DIV2 will remain active so as to not break any current styling using it, but I highly recommend switching over CIRs and other high traffic pages using DIV2 to use STYLE instead in case of future deprecation.

----

That's it for this update, but I'll tease one thing coming soon: the fully reworked Ikos magic skill article should be releasing very soon and will get an announcement here when it does.

As always, feedback and questions on these changes can be posted in reply here.

Thanks!
--Jacob
Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2016, 02:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Kutsa Cherhc is a benevolent AdventurerKutsa Cherhc is a benevolent Adventurer

Everything looks good to me, good work team. I will have to work up recording my CIR(s). Luckily they mostly aren't complicated at all so, that should be easy! Good to see updates.

By Ikos you mean Planar Summoning summoning, right? RIGHT!? Joking. I'm looking forward to PS but I know Ikos has been highly anticipated so that is awesome.

Thank you, all of you MTs for all the work you put into the site.
Kutsa Cherhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2016, 07:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

Firstly, thanks for that the menu changes etc - it all looks good.

Speaking as a technological non-savvy old lady, I understand that we are going to move from div code to include all the handy div2 code features in bbcode. My CIRs are div2 code heavy - and I'm not sure what I'd do to replace it. Could you/ someone please direct to a guide on't internet (if such exists) to that which makes sense to someone who asks her 16 year old son to sort out technical issues?

If it helps, the code I use in my CIR is below just with the [ replaced with { in case it makes it work.

{div2=border-radius:1px; width:90%; padding:30px; border: 10px ridge #74d600; outline: #20b2aa solid thick; background:#dbffd5 url("http://www.aelyria.com/forums/members/hay-aan-malinconico/albums/profile-artwork/13383-07.jpg.att"); display: block; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center;}
Old May 6, 2016, 09:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Champion

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Vaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious Superhero

I think all you need to do is replace every "div2" with "style".

Quote:
{style=border-radius:1px; width:90%; padding:30px; border: 10px ridge #74d600; outline: #20b2aa solid thick; background:#dbffd5 url("http://www.aelyria.com/forums/members/hay-aan-malinconico/albums/profile-artwork/13383-07.jpg.att"); display: block; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center;}
Vaishen Vadei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2016, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rattttt

Nimh has disabled reputation

Vaishen is correct! \o/
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2016, 09:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

Zomg!!!! Vaishen and Nimh, it is official. You are awesome!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: