Old August 14, 2018, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wandering
Posts: 2,790
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Blog Entries: 8
Ashandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious Superhero
[Alphonsus, Open] A Watery Grave

Ieffreon.

Ashandra remembered it well. If she was honest with herself - which she hadn't been in a long time - Ashandra would admit that she had rarely been as happy as she had been in Ieffreon.

Was it any great surprise that she was seeking a way to go back, then?

Still, Ieffreon had seceded from The Empire - had removed themselves from all points of contact, and refused entry to those they considered 'outsiders'. Unfortunately, their definition of 'outsiders' inclided Ashandra herself.

No matter that she had lived here for several years, or that she owned property outside the city of Ieffreon.

What had become ofthat property? Or her old teacher in the art of necromancy? Both had been left behind when Ashandra had last left the island, complete with a secret underground level to hideaway in, should the need arises.

Still, there must be some way into Ieffreon .... And her best guess was to start at the docks of the closest Aelyrian city.
__________________
SOF | CIR
Necromancer, Healer, Grafter

Ashandra Gha'Nalis
And I will reiterate: I want no salads
prepared by Ashandra. ~ GM Trouble

Ashandra Gha'Nalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2018, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Alphonsus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Natura/Medonia
Posts: 2,656
Wealth Tier: Steel
Alphonsus is a benevolent Adventurer


oocLet the fun begins!

Ashandra found herself in one of the smaller port towns to the south of the Islands. There was a better chance to seek people who might chance the law for a few extra pieces of gold. The question was, where would she find such a person?

The first place to look would most certainly be the docks, and if she went there, she would see a dhow and a caravel amongst the small fishing boats. Even with no/limited understanding of the sea, anyone could tell there was no way the fishing boats could get through the deeper waters.

The town proper weren't that big. There was a tavern and a few shops along the docks. There was another tavern near the gates of the city with shops surrounding it. In between these two taverns were residential or government buildings.

Where should she begin her search?
__________________

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Posting Status: Injured Hand. Slow post
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2018, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wandering
Posts: 2,790
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Blog Entries: 8
Ashandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious Superhero
There was always a tavern near the docks, wasn't there? Sailors and dock workers needed somewhere to unwind, right? Somewhere to go when they finally got to shore?

So it was to the docks tavern that Ashandra headed. For once, she had left her traditional white dresses behind, instead choosing to dress in sturdy working trousers, heavy boots, and a simple blouse. Her long white hair had been pulled back behind her in a loose bread, colorful ribbons braided into the strands in a myraid of colors.

She knew she would still stand out ... The mark of being both half-esh and a Rhaghrnd sat upon her features too well to hide, the heritage of her mother's mountain people only serving to enhance the palenessnof her father's elven features. There was nothing she could truly do to blend in with those around her ... But she could certainly try.

OOC: Sorry for any typos! Using my phone to post these days!
__________________
SOF | CIR
Necromancer, Healer, Grafter

Ashandra Gha'Nalis
And I will reiterate: I want no salads
prepared by Ashandra. ~ GM Trouble

Ashandra Gha'Nalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2018, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Alphonsus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Natura/Medonia
Posts: 2,656
Wealth Tier: Steel
Alphonsus is a benevolent Adventurer


From the outside the tavern by the docks looks well maintained, folksy and humble. Hardwooden planks and thick, hardwooden logs make up most of the building's outer structure.

As Ashandra enter the tavern through the hardwooden door, she was welcomed by thick air and the smell of alcohol. The half elf bartender was trying to catch a spider and makes no effort to acknowledge your presence.The tavern itself was almost completely abanonded which was only to be expected since it was still early afternoon. The few people inside would like her to stay away, it's about the clearest sign she can get, telling you she don't belong.

Of everything in the room, one scene caught her eyes. A man wearing a long deep blue doublet and a matching tricorn was chatting with an elf. The elf wasn't wearing anything of note, just there was this desperate looks on her. A smile suddenly broke on her face when the man nodded in agreement. The elf lady handed the man some coins and headed to the door.

Ashandra could swear the elf was muttering, "Finally found one to send me home", as she walked passed to exit the tavern.
__________________

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Posting Status: Injured Hand. Slow post
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2018, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wandering
Posts: 2,790
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Blog Entries: 8
Ashandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious Superhero
Ashandra rose a single white, perfectly sculpted eyebrow as she took in the words of the woman. Part of her considered stopping the woman to find out what she meant, but the other part stopped her before she could even begin the movement, turning her eyes instead to the other part of the duo she had witnessed upon entering the tavern.

She probably could have timed her entrance better, it was true; most of the dock workers and sailors that she might have encountered were still working the docks or our on the sea at this time of day, not drinking their day away. Still, she might have run into a bit of luck with this man ...

Ashandra made her way over to the ... captain? sailor? ... coming to stand next to the table the woman had just vacated. "Serale. May I buy ye a drink?"

As if Ashandra's features were not already foreign enough, her words simply added to it - or perhaps, it was more her accent than her words themselves. It was clear that Ashandra did not hail from the Aelyrian Empire itself, though her visa claimed her to have eventually become one of it's citizens. No, she was of the barbari tribes from outside the empire, and everything about her screamed it.
__________________
SOF | CIR
Necromancer, Healer, Grafter

Ashandra Gha'Nalis
And I will reiterate: I want no salads
prepared by Ashandra. ~ GM Trouble

Ashandra Gha'Nalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2018, 03:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Alphonsus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Natura/Medonia
Posts: 2,656
Wealth Tier: Steel
Alphonsus is a benevolent Adventurer


The man looked suspiciously at Ashandra as she approached, but a great smile broke into his face when she offered to buy him a drink. He quickly stood up, removed his hat and flourished a deep fanciful bow. "Serale my lady. It would be most unchivalrous of me to accept your drink. I should be the one getting a drink for you." He snapped his fingers twice and within moments, two mugs of grog was served.

"Name's Captain Bentley 'Silver Tooth' Appleton. Silver tooth 'coz if me tooth." He smiled again and pointed to his upper silver canine tooth. "So my lady, what brings you to these part? I rarely see your... type around this area."

Ashandra could tell Captain Appleton wasn't speaking about her race, but more of, her, in general.
__________________

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Posting Status: Injured Hand. Slow post
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2018, 02:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wandering
Posts: 2,790
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Blog Entries: 8
Ashandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious Superhero
Ashandra felt a small smile tug at the corners of her lips, and did nothing to hide it. The captain was a charmer, she had to give him that - and it was nice to be around his sort again. Back in Jaedaxia, there were too many who didn't say what they thought - who would hide their thoughts and affections behind cool masks of indifference. She much preferred the honesty in this captain's flirtations.

She also much preferred the drink he had procured, after the fancy wines and teas she had been forced to down in Jaedaxia. She had spent too much time among the upper crust of society, and not enough around people she actually -liked-.

Another reason to book passage to Ieffreon, and the villa awaiting her there ... hopefully.

Ashandra settled herself down into the seat she was offered, taking a healthy gulp of her own grog as she listened to Silvertooth. "Well, I was always told I was one o' a kind." Ashandra quipped, green eyes dancing with laughter as she took in the captain before her.

"An' what o' ye? D'ye call this port home, or d'ye still feel th' call o' the sea?"
__________________
SOF | CIR
Necromancer, Healer, Grafter

Ashandra Gha'Nalis
And I will reiterate: I want no salads
prepared by Ashandra. ~ GM Trouble

Ashandra Gha'Nalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2018, 07:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Alphonsus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Natura/Medonia
Posts: 2,656
Wealth Tier: Steel
Alphonsus is a benevolent Adventurer


"For me, home is where my trusty Dhow takes me. She is known as the "Tromperie". Deep enough hull to tranverse through deep waters, maneuverable to tack through reefs and had been modified to outrun most larger ships! Yes, the Tromperie! Ahhh..." Captain Appleton spoke dreamily about his ship as he took a quick swig of his grog. The Dhow was his pride and joy.

"Right now, my dearest will be bringing me, a cether and some elves to face the possible fiery of nature, but what am I to fear? The sea protects her own." He took another long swig and grinned at the lady. "Enough about me and my ship. What brings you to this part of the empire?"
__________________

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Posting Status: Injured Hand. Slow post
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2018, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wandering
Posts: 2,790
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Blog Entries: 8
Ashandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious Superhero
Ah, the question that Ashandra had been waiting for. If this had been an official meeting, she could have gone right into what she wanted from the man before her. Not that she truly minded the pleasantries that this particular meeting was affording her; sharing a mug of alcohol - even grog - was a more than pleasant way to spend a day, after all.

"Ah, I was caught ou'side o' Ieffreon when they close their borders, so I've been travelin', visitin' other cities. Now, I find m'self wi'out a way 'ome, though, an' so I s'pose I'm here lookin' fer a worthy captain an' their ship to take me 'home."

Ashandra took another healthy swallow out of her mug as she paused. 'This place - it jus' seemed like th' sort one might find jus' th' thing. 'Tis high time I returned home, I think ... though how I do that is th' question."
__________________
SOF | CIR
Necromancer, Healer, Grafter

Ashandra Gha'Nalis
And I will reiterate: I want no salads
prepared by Ashandra. ~ GM Trouble

Ashandra Gha'Nalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2018, 03:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Alphonsus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Natura/Medonia
Posts: 2,656
Wealth Tier: Steel
Alphonsus is a benevolent Adventurer


"Ieffreon you say, as you already know, the border is closed. Can do nothing about it." Captain Appleton said in a relaxed tone, but Ashandra could tell this captain was obvious hiding something, something related to getting to Ieffreon. "You could swim back or get a pass somehow, but it would not be cheap getting it. Well, like I say, can do nothing about it, though I do pity you. Can't get home because of the sudden political changes."

He took another great swig from his mug and carefully eyed her. Barbari looking, long white hair, green eyes. He was pretty sure he had not seen Ashandra before, and that made him worried a little more. It was possible that the woman in front of her was a spy of some sort, even though his guts told him otherwise.

"Getting a pass might be difficult, but I heard there is someone who is helping the folks stuck here to get back home, for a price of course." He spoke barely loud enough for Ashandra to hear. "Wait at the docks, next to the caravel around midnight. No cloaks, no weapons. I will discu... I mean the fees will be discussed there, though I heard it is in the range of 100 gold crowns and a favor."

He drained the remaining of his mug and stood up. "Well then. If you are interested in joining some tourist at riding by the islands without actually landing, you can find me at the docks. Cheerios!" Saying that, he walked purposefully out of the tavern.
__________________

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Posting Status: Injured Hand. Slow post
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2018, 07:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wandering
Posts: 2,790
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Blog Entries: 8
Ashandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious Superhero
Ashandra was disappointed to lose her drinking partner, though she was heartened by the fact that she might finally be returning to the last place that had truly felt like home. Next to the village she had been raised in, Ieffreon was truly the only place that she had felt welcome, wanted, and at home.

But she was still stuck here for the moment, so she might as well make the most of it.

Finishing off her grog, Ashandra was quick to order another, settling in for a day of slow drinking. It wouldn't do to become drunk, of course, but she could enjoy herself well enough, even with so few other patrons to keep her company.

So Ashandra whiled away the day, sipping on cheap grog as she waited for the darker hours. When she finally slipped from the tavern, it was getting dark. She meandered her way down toward the docks, taking her time, before picking a spot close to the caravel that Appleton had mentioned, content to watch the comings and goings of those around her, as she waited for the appointed hour.

It was getting late, and she was tired, but she had been too wired to sleep earlier, too excited, and that excitement still thrummed through her, though the grog had helped to calm her down somewhat.
__________________
SOF | CIR
Necromancer, Healer, Grafter

Ashandra Gha'Nalis
And I will reiterate: I want no salads
prepared by Ashandra. ~ GM Trouble

Ashandra Gha'Nalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2018, 09:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Alphonsus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Natura/Medonia
Posts: 2,656
Wealth Tier: Steel
Alphonsus is a benevolent Adventurer


There weren't much customers, even when evening came. Those that appeared didn't want to do anything with a half-esh lady. Saying that, it didn't mean she wasn't served a steady flow of grog (money was money after all).

Darkening came and she waited near the currently empty Caravel named "Renee's Pride." People watching was a fun pastime. She noticed some fishermen returning with their haul while others pushed off into the dark seas. Every now and then, one passerby would glance at Ashandra, shrugged then walked off. Nearing the appointed candlemark, she noticed movement around the Dhow. Two scared looking elves boarded that ship.

On long after, an elf, the elf she had seen earlier in the brightening appeared and was surprised to see Ashandra waiting there. She looked cold without any cloak and was surprised (not the good kind), but nonetheless, she approached."Serale. I bring no weapon or cloak. You can frisk me if you want." She stopped a few paces from where Ashandra was waiting, her arms opened, ready to be searched.
__________________

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Posting Status: Injured Hand. Slow post
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2018, 02:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wandering
Posts: 2,790
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Blog Entries: 8
Ashandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious Superhero
Like the other woman, Ashandra bore no cloak or weapon, either. She supposed that she shouldn't be too surprised that the other woman thought that she was her contact, though; she was in the corr CT spot, at the correct time.

Still, Ashandra couldn't help the smile that appeared on her fact at the misunderstanding. She could have taken advantage of the confusion;any would have. But Ashandra knew too well what it was like to be taken advantage of, and she wasn't about to do that to the other woman.

"I s'pose y' were given th' same instructions I was, then." Ashamdra gave a soft laugh, shaking her head. "I c'n only hope they appear soon .... Tis a bit chilly for me."
__________________
SOF | CIR
Necromancer, Healer, Grafter

Ashandra Gha'Nalis
And I will reiterate: I want no salads
prepared by Ashandra. ~ GM Trouble

Ashandra Gha'Nalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2018, 04:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Alphonsus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Natura/Medonia
Posts: 2,656
Wealth Tier: Steel
Alphonsus is a benevolent Adventurer


The golden hair elf took a closer looked at Ashandra and nodded. That was the woman she saw earlier at the tavern. "Lusha Xyrralei." She muttered and hugged herself in the cold air. She seemed to be working herself up to do something.

After another half-candlemark, the Tromperie began sailing off. It took turned right and disappeared from view. Lusha sighed staring at the unmoving and empty caravel.

A quarter-candlemark later, Lusha noticed the Tromperie was returning, cutting silently through the waters. She quickly nodded, reaffirming herself and turned to Ashandra. "Sorry... but I have to do this. I really want to get back home, so don't do anything stupid. Do not resist and show me that you have the gold or some jewelries. Please move slowly."

Lusha pulled out a small glowing sphere from under her tunic, using both her hands to shield the light.
__________________

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Posting Status: Injured Hand. Slow post
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2018, 06:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Mythic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wandering
Posts: 2,790
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Blog Entries: 8
Ashandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious SuperheroAshandra Gha'Nalis is a glorious Superhero
Ashandra slowly raised her hands, to show that she was unarmed. She was still seated on the crate where she had taken up residence when she had arrived, and had no visible means of protecting herself.

"Ach. I mean y' no harm, m'lady." Ashandra assured the elfess before her, eyes widening in alarm. "Now, I know y' are na' m' contact - y've been obvious enough about th' fact that y' are here to be bookin' passage t' yer home - somethin' I can commiserate wi' ye 'bout, for I am here f' th' same."

Ashandra wiggled her fingers, where her hands were held up before her. "I dounna know why y' would turn hostile on m' now, but I assure y' - we are here for th' same end. Goin' home."
__________________
SOF | CIR
Necromancer, Healer, Grafter

Ashandra Gha'Nalis
And I will reiterate: I want no salads
prepared by Ashandra. ~ GM Trouble

Ashandra Gha'Nalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.


 
 
Terms of Use :: Feedback

Aelyria ™ Version 3.4.0
Copyright © 1989-2019 Play by Post LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Aelyria ® is a Registered Trademark of Play by Post LLC.
Created by Juan Gonzalez and People Like You.