Old August 28, 2017, 03:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Steel
Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

[Ieffreon]Where Angels Tread... (Private Niven)

TS: Imperios after the Asunder Wedding middarkening...

Dante stood at the helm of his smallest ship. The only one that was small enough that he could handle all the necessary functions on his own. He pulled the main line to tack the main sail so the wind wasn't slowing the vessel down as much. Navigating by the stars he had charted a course to he and Niven's honeymoon destination... which unfortunately meant running a blockade under the cover of darkness. But hey, it wouldn't be a Dante outing without the potential for being arrested.

Now that they were past the blockade Dante breathed a little easier. He had the Aelyrian colors stowed away in the captain's quarters due to the area's recent separation from the Empire and their general dislike of mainlanders.

It was early brightening and the temperature hadn't quite reached that unbearable level yet. The cool mist of the sea splashing against the side of the ship and sending spray into the air made Dante grin with glee and take a deep breath. He loved being on the ocean. Had he known how much he might have enlisted in the imperial Navy. Once the kids were grown, maybe he still would. Dracons lived a long time. Of course that would have to be ok with Niven.

Since it had only been the two of them, Dante hadn't been able to keep Niven confined to quarters, besides the journey was half the fun especially when you're sneaking past blockades. With an excited sense of expectation Dante awaited his bride to awaken and join him on deck. A private cruise, just the two of them? That couldn't be all bad could it?

Dante was already headed to the docks, excited to show his beloved the streets of Ieffreon...

Last edited by Dante Asunder; September 6, 2017 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Indefinite told me a secret...
Dante Asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28, 2017, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Indeed it would not be an outing with Dante if there wasn't a strong element of danger. When he'd told her where they were going, the elf had smiled, though shook her head. "Far be it for us to go somewhere simple," she'd teased him.

In all honesty, she was excited by the idea. The prospect of white sandy beaches, warm climate, and tropical flora and fauna? A much better alternative to Jaedaxia like he'd originally proposed. And she'd not had the pleasure of visiting the Eunesian Islands when they were apart of the Empire, but had always heard that they were lovely. Now Dante was giving her the opportunity to go. Though it was an opportunity that he and few others would find romantic: one with the chance of being arrested. He knew her well enough to know that she'd find the idea just as romantic. What was life without a little danger?

Not having the element of surprise suited the elf better than had he kept the destination a secret and squirrelled her away until they had arrived. She much preferred to be on deck, the sea spray on her skin, the wind tousling her hair, the salty scent filling her nostrils. The elf didn't love the sea the same way her husband did, but she certainly appreciated the perks of being on the water.

It frustrated her a little to not be of use to him, though. With it just being the two of them, the onus fell on him and him alone to get them safely to their destination. As the rocking of the water lulled her to sleep, she resolved to have him teach her. It only made sense that she be able to help out, especially if it was just the two of them. Gods forbid Dante got injured and they were stranded wherever they were waylaid.

A sharp jolt of the sea fareing vessel woke the elf with a start, managing to just catch herself before she fell off the bunk and onto the floor. It was at these moments Niven was grateful for the breeches and boots, chemise and vest she'd chosen to wear instead of a dress. It was a lot harder to move around a vessel this size in a skirt than it was in pants. It was also easier to keep her sea legs without extra fabric tripping her up.

Pulling on her boots, Niven rose from her resting place and on deck. The suns were just coming up on the horizon, casting a warm glow on her skin as she emerged from the cabin. "Good morning!" she called to her husband. "Smooth sailing through the darkening? Any trouble?"

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5

Last edited by Niven; September 27, 2017 at 11:14 PM.
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29, 2017, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

Dante smiled warmly as the love of his life walked up to the deck. "Serale!" he greeted her happily, then sighed contentedly now that he had the chance to just enjoy seeing her. She really was the most beautiful woman in the world, but more than that, who she was inside resonated with his soul.

"How did you sleep Vanima?" There was a warmth to his voice that just spoke volumes on its own of how much he loved Niven. "The darkening was pretty calm. Hopefully you didn't get rocked about too much?" Reluctantly he turned back to what he was doing, still steering the vessel toward Ieffreon, straight and true.

After passing an inlet of land Dante smiled, "We're here." As he came about the vision that was Ieffreon came into view. Its sparkling beauty was like the pearlescence on the inside of a seashell. White buildings and white beaches reflecting the suns' light off themselves and the water below, which was a beautiful sea green. With a sly grin at Niven Dante queried, "Want to give me a hand?"

Last edited by Dante Asunder; September 6, 2017 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Indefinite told me a secret...
Old August 30, 2017, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

"As well as can be expected of a wife sleeping without her husband beside her," she said, smiling as she came up and planted a kiss on his soft lips. "Funnily enough, I think it's the rocking that actually allowed me to sleep as well as I did." Niven watched as he continued to work, admiring the way he focused as he worked, the smile that graced his lips as he sailed. He was in his element and it made her happy to see him like this.

The elf raised her head at his announcement of their arrival. The early suns light cast an ethereal glow on the white city. The vision of the contrast of the white marble buildings against the deep greens of the vegetation that laid beyond the city and the white gold of the sand lining the blue of the ocean took her breath away. "Oh Dante," she breathed. Walking to the edge of the ship she leaned out to get a better look. "It's so amazing!"

At his question she turned to look back at him, a grin on her face, her eyes sparkling. "Yes!"

CIR | SoF

Last edited by Niven; September 7, 2017 at 11:50 PM.
Old September 9, 2017, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Eternal

"Mmmm..." escaped Dante's lips as his beloved kissed him good brightening.

"Well I'm sorry about that my love, but I felt it was important that we arrive safely. I can't steer if I'm asleep," he teased. Dante, rather than watching the city, was looking at his beautiful spouse leaning over the railing to see the sights. He had the better view by far in his opinion, "Oh yes dear. Very beautiful indeed." No doubt, with the quickness of her turn of head, she easily caught him admiring her figure rather than the city. After all, he'd seen the view of the city hundreds of times. It couldn't compare to Niven.

Her glittering smile and the eager twinkle in her eyes had him gushing with sappiness. "Alright then. Come take the helm, while I get ready to drop anchor and then tie us to the dock."

Old September 9, 2017, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

A mock sigh and a wink accompanied Niven's reply. "And here I thought you could do it all!"

The dopey look on her husbands face as he looked at her instead of the view made an amused smile twist on her lips. After all these eras he still found her a fond distraction from everything else around him. With all the beauty that lay before him, he'd still rather admire her. She raised an eyebrow at him, teasing him.

"Take the helm?!"
she exclaimed, truly surprised. She tilted her head slightly and nodded. "Alright," she said, her face taking on a look of determination.

Moving towards him, she gripped the wheel with one hand before slipping underneath his arm and standing in front of him, and moving her other hand to wheel as well. "Like this?" she asked, softly, a hint of seduction in her tone.

CIR | SoF

Old September 9, 2017, 11:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante grinned at her quip, "Oh I can do it all." He gave her a leering eyebrow raise, "But perhaps not all at the same time."

With a smile he took half a step back to let her in front of him. Loving her tone of voice and her closeness, Dante gently set his hands on hers and stepped up behind her so he could feel her on his front. With gentle hands and voice, he coached her, "Yes that's good. Keep the bow pointed just to the side of the dock. I'll get ready to drop anchor and tie things off."

He gave her a tight squeeze from behind, then kissed the side of her neck before heading to the left side of the ship. "Keep the dock just off our port side. I'll drop anchor when we're a bit closer." Truly Dante would have loved to continue exploring his bride with his kisses, but he knew she became serious about things like helping and he didn't want to distract her lest she get up set with him.

Old September 10, 2017, 12:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Smiling as her hands were covered by his, Niven allowed Dante to guide her where they were meant to go. His warm body at her back was reassuring. She nodded as he spoke to her and closed her eyes momentarily as he kissed her neck. Firmly, she reminded herself to not get distracted. If she was to learn she needed to pay attention.

Her look determined, the elf made slight two degree changes to keep the boat steady and on course. She may not have her own first hand experience working on a ship, but that did not mean that she didn't pay attention to when others were. Rarely did the helmsman make more drastic movements than that.

"The port side," she murmured, nervousness rising as they neared the pier. The idea was to arrive without notice. They would certainly draw attention if she crashed them into the dock.

CIR | SoF

Old September 10, 2017, 03:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Eternal

Crash into the docks? Perish the thought. Dante wasn't even worried as Niven focused on her task, Dante wouldn't use the term fretted, nope he wouldn't, the dracon dashed about taking care of the rest. First he lowered the sails, securing them tightly. He then dropped anchor just as they were approaching the docks. Moments before the ship hit the side of the dock itself he dropped several sand bags over the side, suspended by ropes that acted as a cushion as Niven brought the Niven in like a pro. Dante tossed a line to a waiting dockhand and the two quickly secured the vessel.

"Nicely done my love," Dante replied with a smile for his beloved. He tied off a few more lines, just for good measure then turned his attention back to his spouse. "Want to go exploring?"

For his part, Dante was ready to sleep. Even with Vigor spells helping him stay awake, he hadn't slept for over a brightening and could use some shut eye, but he certainly wasn't going to be the downer on their first brightening in Eunesia!

He moved to lock the cabin, he didn't want any ner do wells going through their things. Dante then paid the port authority for docking permission. Now it was up to Niven. What did she want to do?

Old September 10, 2017, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven was barely aware of all the things Dante was doing to make the ship ready to dock. All her concentration was focused on bringing them in safely. She wasn't sure if she should feel more nervous or flattered that Dante trusted her to bring one of his ships in on her own. Truthfully, she felt a little of both.

There was no hiding the look of triumph on her face as she successfully brought the ship in and Dante and a dockhand tied up the Niven. It really did seem only fitting that she could handle her namesake. She practically skipped down to where her husband stood tying off a few extra lines for extra security. The elf beamed at the compliment. "I underestimated the spacial awareness needed, but I'm pleased we arrived with no incident caused by me," she replied, a twinkle in her eye. That had been fun!

Niven wrinkled her nose and gave Dante a funny look. He looked exhausted. Arcane magic could only do so much for a body, what he needed was some rest. She didn't say anything until after he'd paid the port authority.

"Exploring? You can't be serious! You've been awake for over 29 candlemarks, you need to sleep! Do you want to sleep here or find an Inn?" She knew him well enough to know he'd sacrifice his own well being for her pleasure in a heart beat, but she wasn't going to have it. She'd rather give up some time on their first brightening to allow him some rest so that his fatigue didn't affect the entirety of their stay.

In preparation for his rebuttal, she continued. "Don't worry about me, I can spend some time walking along the beach, maybe go into the city and find some food. I won't go too far and will be close when you wake up. Perhaps I'll bring a chair out onto the deck and do some reading or sunbathing. But you," she said, placing a hand on his chest and a peck on his lips, "You are going to sleep."

CIR | SoF

Old September 16, 2017, 01:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eternal

"You handled it like a pro!" Dante smiled that twitter-patted smile that was only reserved for Niven. Seeing her happy was the most wonderful thing in the world. She was right, he'd sacrifice just about anything in a heartbeat. Not even giving it a second thought, because he knew she'd never ask of him the only other thing he wasn't willing to give, his children.

Looking suspicious at her insistence that he sleep his only response was, "I'd rather sleep here, but... you're sure?" He willingness to let him rest had his whole body screaming 'Thank you'. He enjoyed the peck on the lips and would have been willing to do more, but not right here on the dock.

"Well... alright." he said as he pulled his shirt off over his head, it was waaaay to warm to sleep with clothes on. He headed back to the cabin and unlocked the door. "You're going to be careful? You've got a dagger and your bow? Just in case?" Closing his eyes for a second and tapping his vis Dante cast Holy Armor on Niven, to make sure she was safe.

Dante stepped into the cabin and waited for a moment to see if Niven was going to join him or not. Either way he'd move out of view of those outside and finish stripping down before shutting the cabin door hopefully with Niven inside, but probably not since she was so concerned with this 'sleep' thing. He'd then lay down on the bed...

Old September 16, 2017, 02:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Pleased he had decided to take the time for himself to rest, Niven gave him a look at his question regarding being armed that asked, "Seriously?" Was she ever unnecessarily reckless? Or unarmed? "I'm going to leave my bow, I don't plan on getting into trouble, but I always have my dagger on me," she said, patting the dagger that was perpetually fixed on her hip. "I don't plan on coming into contact with many people." She felt the warmth of his spell momentarily on her skin and chuckled. "Ah, well, I expect nothing will harm me now, hm?" It was sweet that he worried, but felt it was unnecessary in this instance. She could handle her own for a few candlemarks, as she had many brightenings before.

Waving as he moved into the cabin, she set disembarked as soon as the door shut behind him. There would be plenty of time for fun later. Besides, she wasn't the least bit tired having gotten a fairly good darkening's sleep. Moving from the docks to the beach Niven checked back to ensure he hadn't decided to check after her. Hopefully finding their ship's deck empty, she then looked around.

The beach seemed to stretch on forever. Looking from side to side, Niven sat in the sand and pulled off her boots and stockings. Stuffing the latter into the former, she stood, feeling the soft warm white sand between her toes. It felt completely different from the cool golden sand that graced the beach at home. Smiling, she tread down towards the water into the surf and let the warm water wash over her feet to her ankles and then ebb back out again. Taking a deep breath of the salty air, Niven left her boots by the dock and started walking along the beach, collecting the prettiest seashells she could find. Perhaps she could burrow a hole in one and make a necklace out of it as a souvenir of the trip.

The elf walked up and down the beach, letting the breeze toss her hair about for a couple candle marks before heading back. Her her pockets full of her favourite shells washed clean in the water, Niven retrieved her boots from beside the docks and walked back to the ship. Soundlessly, she slipped into the cabin where Dante slept and made to retrieve an empty box in there to store her treasures. If she managed to do so without waking him, Niven would grab a book she'd brought with her and move soundlessly back out to the deck, leaving her footwear inside the cabin, alerting Dante to her presence on the ship when he woke, if he did so later on.

CIR | SoF

Old September 16, 2017, 02:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Eternal

The definition of 'unnecessarily' was interesting and definitely varied depending on the person using it and who they were using it about. In Dante's opinion any danger Niven put herself in was definitely unnecessary. Reckless? Well she did marry a dracon in a country filled with anti-dracon prejudice. So yeah... he did think she'd been unnecessarily reckless a bit in her the course of her life. She'd probably disagree, and Dante wouldn't want her any other way. She made life wonderful.

Her beach trip was uneventful, although she was fortunate that her shoes were still there. People stole boots. It wasn't even that common. Especially poor beggars that were tired of being in bare feet. That said, hers were still there.

The only distraction from her adventure would have been the several young men that wanted to get to know her better. A beautiful young lady, unaccompanied on a city beach? Yeah definitely a target for attention. Several youths of impressive build, also attired for beach activities, would approach at various times in her shell collecting. "Hey. How's it going?"

Dante gave her a wink before shutting the door and almost immediately passing out. The gentle rocking of the ship in the water helped him dream good dreams and kept him asleep the whole time Niven was gone. Of course he'd trained himself to awaken at the slightest sounds, so snapped awake when Niven opened the cabin door. Dante sat straight up, but saw who it was, gave a slight smile as he immediately flopped back down.

It would be several more candlemarks before he awakened, assuming Niven didn't awaken him herself for something. When he finally awoke, he stretched comfortably, and seeing her boots in the room realized she was back. With a smile he jumped out of bed and headed toward the door, before realizing he was naked. He spun about looking for his clothes, and seeing his pants where he left them, slipped them back on and headed out onto the deck to look for her.

"Vanima?" he called as he opened the door and stepped out onto the deck.

Old September 16, 2017, 03:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Polite to any who engaged her, Niven merely accepted the greeting, returned it, and then moved on. She preferred some time to herself and was enjoying her solitude too much to have it broken by strangers.

At Dante's call, Niven looked up from the book she was reading and smiled. She was sitting on the railing, leaning agaist some rigging. "Here, Melamin!" she called, snappig her book shut, nimbly dropping from her perch, and moving to his side. "Did you sleep well? You must be hungry. Shall we find some place to eat?" The elf went to put her book away in the cabin and fetch her boots.

Returning back to the deck, she brought out Dante's shirt that she'd found in the cabin as well and her boots. Giving him his clothing, she sat and pulled on her stockings and boots. Jumping back up to a stand, Niven grinned at her husband. "Ready?"

CIR | SoF

Old September 16, 2017, 05:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante smiled as Niven practically skipped to his side. He gave her a peck on the forehead, nose, and mouth. "Serale Beautiful. Yes I did sleep well. The sea cradles one like a baby," he replied with a grin.

His stomach growled in response to her statement about hunger and he chuckled. With a shrug he replied, "Well that answers that." He moved to the cabin to finish redressing himself, giving Niven an affectionate pinch on the backside as she moved past him to get her boots.

"How was your walk?" he asked, then pulled his shirt on over his head. "Thanks for being so patient Melamin. Sorry I was out for so long." He paused as he watched Niven pull her stockings on, eyebrows raised and wearing a seductive grin on his face. He then hurried to pull his own boots on so she wouldn't have to wait even longer.

"You bet. Let's go." He stated as he held the cabin door open for Niven, then locked it behind her. He offered his arm after they left the ship and escorted her down the dock toward the city. After letting him sleep for so long the darkening life was just about picking up. Dante looked for a restaurant that overlooked the sea.

After a reasonably short walk through the dock area, which wasn't surprisingly light of people due to the embargo, they found a restaurant that looked reputable. A dark skinned serving waif waved them toward whatever table they wanted. The menu included all sorts of tropical drinks and alcohol as well as several seafood related dishes and several fruits and vegetable entrees as well. There were, after all, many elves that lived in Eunesia.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: