Old June 26, 2010, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Adventurer

Jirael'eri tel'noss Luschae is an upstanding Citizen
A Meeting in the Market place (Niven & Open)

In the First week of Uylris, Era XVII PF

The boy stood waiting, looking down the busy streets that made up Aelyria Prime's Mercantile district. There was so much to be done here, he had to prepare for a long journey, there was food, clothing, supplies... There was much to consider. He was glad to have Niven on her way to assist, whether or not she new that he would need her help to gather such things... But she had been traveling around for a while already, more then he had the chance to... at least, more chances to do all the planning herself.

Also, he was looking forward to seeing her, since Dante's wedding. though he knew that there would possibly be a moment of question as he didn't exactly explain his need to travel to prime... Though, at the time he didn't really know the details perfectly himself.

It would be good, and at least he had good new's to give her once they were re-united.

Last edited by Jirael'eri tel'noss Luschae; October 24, 2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: fixing timestamp to correct era
Old July 3, 2010, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Pleasently surprised to have received correspondance from Jirael, the moment Niven's emerald eyes finished scanning the parchment she began preparations for a trip to Prime for her rendezvous with her old friend. He needed her assistance and she would be there for him. She'd set out as soon as she could and made decent time. Now she was in the capital itself and her excitement was rising. Having never been to the city before, but always having wanted to visit, Niven was pleased to have a reason to be here.

The Merchantile District was bustling with activity and Niven drank it all in, while still keeping a weather eye open for the boy. She wondered if he'd grown taller and if he looked older. It had been some time since she'd seen her friend, not since all the activity at Dante's wedding. A rueful smile momentarily formed on the Elf's pale pink lips. That had been quite a day.

Finding it too challenging to walk down the center of the throngs of shoppers, Niven moved off to one side and as she did, she spotted Jirael. She waved, hoping he'd see her and then weaved her way through the customers to get to where he was standing. Giving the boy a big hug, Niven said,"Serale! I've missed you! I'm sure you've gotten taller since we last said good-bye."

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Old July 4, 2010, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Adventurer

Jirael spotted the waving elf in the distance, her face was quite familiar to him, stepping up on the tip-toes of his feet he waved back to her “Niven” he called, smiling at her. It was a busy day in the market indeed and as Niven made her way over many people passed... He had not been in the city long, but it was clear that he did stand out, for obvious reasons.

“Niven, it is good to see you again” he said to her, returning her hug. Shaking his head no in response to her getting taller response he simply smiled. “I am very glad that you could make it, There is so much to prepare for... I think... Its actually why I need your help.” he said, taking her hand to start through the market place; though he honestly wasn't sure exactly where to go first. “I've been asked by His Lord the Minister of War to travel to New Coldmoon and give my opinion of the city, and to get some information for them... It seems that the government in New Coldmoon is not as liking to the New Prince

Stopping he turned to face Niven again... “I was hoping that we could travel down together and see what it is like down there” he said, showing her a smile... “But first after we have gotten everything that we need, I would like to stop in Diana along the way... I need to see if Lady Sarista is in residence this season”
Old July 10, 2010, 06:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Allowing herself to be led though the marketplace, Niven shook her head, smiling, while the boy chatted. It never ceased to amaze her the connections her little friend seemed to have. She listened as he spoke of his mandate and couldn't keep the surprise off her face when he asked her to accompany him. "That is quite the journey! New Coldmoon... I think we might be able to accompany you and assist you in your mission once we get there." She said smiling. "We will need a lot of supplies if we are going that far."

As the boy explained that he wanted to stop along the way, Niven gave a slight frown. She still was unsure of this Lady Sarista. "If we are going to stop in Diana, I think we should only get what we need from here to Diana and then get everything else there. There is no use packing more than we need." Niven said, as she started making a mental list of all that they would need. "Have you bought anything yet or are we starting from scratch?"

CIR | SoF

Old July 17, 2010, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Adventurer

oocSorry its short, but I'm waiting to find out if Alexis will be paying for everything or if we have to use our own money xD If he is paying, it'll probably mean we have to get everything in prime :)

Listening to what Niven had to say he thought for a moment, She was his expert after all, being the one who has traveled the most at least, He had always been chauffeured around, in a manner of speaking. “I had a feeling we would, it's another reason, besides the good company, that I asked for your help” he gave her a little smile, “We'll have to start from scratch, I have a travel pack, horse and longsword from his Minister, everything else we have to get from the market place... Though If we do get everything here, with the other horse and trigg, we could probably pack everything into a wagon?”

It would certainly be an easier ride getting a wagon to carry them, and it would also give them some thing to sleep in on nights they did not make it to another city along the way... though, it could also make them more of a target, and would make getting away from anything a little more difficult.
Old July 25, 2010, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Nodding at the boys logic, Niven also agreed vocally. "Yes, a wagon would probably be the best way to go for the amount of supplies we will be needing." Niven paused for a moment, and, as she cocked her head at the boy, a look crossed her delicate features that told him there was more she wanted to say, but she was unsure if she should say it. She sighed.

"Ok," Niven started, looking quite serious," I understand if you are not able to share exactly what you are doing in New Coldmoon with me. Maybe it's just a intelligence gathering mission, maybe not. I'm not going to pry from you information that I am not privy to, but I am going to need to know the level of danger this 'mission' is going to provide. Not only for me to have an idea of what we all need to pack, but also how we are going to transport it. If we are going to run into any trouble along the way a wagon is only going to slow us down if we need a quick getaway. If that happens, we would have to drop it and go, leaving us without any of the supplies it contains." Niven made sure she was looking into the boys eyes. "If we are going to come into situations that may endanger our lives, that's fine, but I need to know in order to plan accordingly."

Saying her piece complete, Niven looked around the marketplace. "Where do you want to start? Are we getting a wagon and another horse or...?" she trailed off, looking at Jirael and awaiting his answer.

CIR | SoF

Old August 8, 2010, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mythic

Mixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious SuperheroMixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious SuperheroMixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious SuperheroMixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious Superhero

Mixie crouched in the shadow, watching the elves speak to each other. She believed that she knew Niven, having met her once long ago in a tavern, and the boy was familiar from Dante Asunder's wedding, although she did not know his name. She had come to Aelyria Prime to meet family, and the resurgence of her past seemed more of an omen than anything else, although she was unable to determine it's baleful message at the moment.

She emerged from her alley and stood for a moment in the bright sunlight. Today she wore a black dress which was short against the warm weather. Her hair fell long to her upper back except for 5 thin braids near her face. She wore a scarf of green silk with two wide staring blue eyes printed on it tied around her own eyes.

The pair looked busy, and Mixie was unsure if she should approach them. Just then, a large raven spiraled out of the sky and landed on Mixie's shoulder. "Mixie!" it said in a loud voice. "Mixie buy breaaadddd!"

Mixie gave an annoyed nod. "I will get you food in a moment." She said.
Old August 11, 2010, 10:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Adventurer

Jirael looked away from Niven, he realized that he hadn't yet explained every detail about the trip, but then again he didn't think there was much to explain. Though, he figured that he could understand Niven's frustration... It might have had something to do with a history of Dante's need to carry all the danger himself.

“I'm sorry... We're heading to New Coldmoon to get an idea of what the people thing about their current thane, and the state of the city in general. The make up of their troops and how the citizen's are living. Then, His Minister, would like my opinion on how things could be made better, or what I think might be done. “

He paused taking in a breath, and taking a moment to think.

“Also along the way, he would like to know the state that the roads are in, if there are any points that are dangerous, or if they need any repair..

He thought again, to make sure that he was not forgetting anything...

“I... I think that's about it, for the basics. I personally am interested in seeing what the Faith of the people are like as well. I've heard that New Coldmoon is called the Diana of the South, and since Diana's Church has been silent of late, I am curious to what their Church is up to... If they are affiliated of split after the schism

He gave Niven a smile, and a nod, that was about all there was to the trip. Like he had told her, though in fewer words, he was mostly interested in the company, and having someone he knew well was comforting too...

As for the goblin that had been eying them, Jirael didn't pay much attention. She looked familiar, but to him, so many of the faces in the market had similarities to him. It also didn't help that Niven had caught him off guard with her tone, and the market was quite full of people in general. It wasn't that odd of an idea to run into someone that he had met before...

Though it would be quite embarrassing for him, he wasn't that great with names, especially for people that he didn't formally meet.
Old August 13, 2010, 03:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Being thoroughly satisfied with the boy's explanation of his mission, Niven's mind was put at ease and her features relaxed and a smile returned to her lips. Never in all her time knowing Jirael had anything been as easy as originally planned, however this mission did seem simple enough and Niven hoped all would go as well as Jirael reassured her it would. "Very well," She said, looking around. "I do think a wagon would be a wise move. We could get another horse, but then that would all depend on how big of a wagon you planned on getting or if you just wanted it for another mode of transportation through the city. Trig is more than capable of pulling a wagon on his own, as he proved on our hunt...." she trailed off.

Having noticed Mixie as well, Niven looked at her for a moment and wondered. This wasn't the first time she had run into the woman. She seemed to pop up all over. Granted, Niven, too, did a lot of traveling and the same could be said of her, but Niven remembered her very first conversation with the woman and hadn't she said she had some kind of farm or estate of some kind in Paxia? Who was looking after that? Mixie hardly looked rich enough to have a caretaker watching over her lands while she roamed about the Empire. Niven gave her head a slight shake, as to remove Mixie from her thoughts and to allow her to focus on the plans ahead of her and Jirael.

"Where should we start? Do you want a covered wagon or are there enough towns and villages along the road for us to lodge at?" Niven asked Jirael, her distraction by Mixie's presence more than less apparent.

CIR | SoF

Old August 13, 2010, 04:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Adventurer

“A covered wagon might be the best choice, in the event we find ourselves between towns before darkening.... And it couldn't hurt to get another horse from the stables here, The Minister offered and it would give me a chance to learn how to ride, if you could teach me” He smiled up at Niven, he had decided that it was time for him to really start learning how to do things for himself, after all, as his life had shown already he no longer had the care of the church to manage things for him... and much to his joy. “I believe we should start at the stables then, see about getting a horse and if they can lend us a wagon as well, I believe his Lord said they would be able to provide one for us as well, which will save on the costs

He paused thinking for a moment “Are we going to get everything here in Prime, or should we get some things at our stop in Diana... “ he asked, it was probably a wise idea to decide now for sure “We will need...” He paused again thinking, even though he figured that Niven already had an idea of what they would need he wanted to see what his experience had shown him “... Horse, the wagon, food for the horses, I will need parchment and ink to keep the Minister informed of our travels... Food for ourselves” he added in as if it was more of a second thought.

Old August 13, 2010, 07:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mythic

Mixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious SuperheroMixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious SuperheroMixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious SuperheroMixie Shadowmuffin is a glorious Superhero

Mixie stood a moment longer, but the two seemed busy and disinclined to speak to her. And so she turned abruptly and went in search of a bakery, as she knew from experience that Wratfink would not easily give up on his dreams of bread.
Old September 16, 2010, 02:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

"I think we really should get a map," Niven said. " And we will only buy enough food to last us to the next town or city we'll stop in for the night. That way we won't run into the problem of food spoiling on us or bears being attracted to us at night or whatnot and we will have more room for the other things we need to get and for sleeping when we need to. Sound good?" She asked Jirael. Her eyes scanned the marketplace."Where should we start? What should we get first?"

oocSorry, it's nothing special

CIR | SoF

Old October 3, 2010, 09:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Adventurer

Jirael thought for a moment, “I have a basic travel pack from the Minister, so The map we have covered, as well as a few of the sundry necessities... Though its not much” he really wasn't quite sure to what extent they needed goods, but that was one of the many reasons that he asked Niven to accompany him.

“Let us start with the horse and the cart, that way we don't have to carry everything around with us” it seemed like a good idea, or in the least it would give them somewhere to store goods for the mean time.

oocsorry for the shortness

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: