Old September 12, 2002, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Hero

Hazbones is an upstanding Citizen

Haz's tent Oograh & Goren (private)

Haz laid in his tent and slept until morning. His tankard from the previous night was still firmly gripped in his hand as he slept. If it wasn't for the large quantity of ale he had downed, he would be up at this time making preparations for a new raid. The newest members of the SHC were going out to face their first fight and they were to meet Haz this morning to discuss the raid.

Haz rolled over on his cot and the tankard finally fell from his hand. As the tankard hit the ground, Haz opened one eye to see if anyone had walked in.
Old September 12, 2002, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Notable

Goren Rushnak is an upstanding Citizen
Goren awoke early this morning in anticipation of his first raid. What and where it would be was still quite unknown, but that is one reason why Thauk was up so early. He had dressed in his newly aquired armor and carried his triangular shield in his left hand.

Goren walked to Haz's tent to see if the leader was stirring from within. Just as he arrived, he heard a thud from something falling a short distance to the ground. Thauk thought it would be more wise and polite to wait just outside the tent for Oograh before seeing if Haz was awake.

For all items and experience WITH LINKS, see my Character Info (Updated 4 June 2003).
http://aow.heavengames.com/pics/ani/troll_walk_ft.gif
Goren Rushnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2002, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Adventurer

Oograh is an upstanding Citizen
Oograh didn't really sleep that night; he was very excited. When he did sleep, it was for an hour or so and with his armor still on and his shield and weapons nearby. Waking up, he stuck his sword into his sash, took up his shield, and walked over to the tent of Hazbones, the bolg. Upon arrival, he saw Thauk standing outside the tent, and was glad that he wasn't late. He straightened out his armor and shield, holding it straight in front of him. "Se-ra-lee, Thauk, why ju waiting here? Da bolg still sleeping?" Only by hearing himself say that did he realize that he might be talking too lound and waking Haz up. An angry Haz would not be a good thing.

oograh (oog' ra): Any plant matter, such as grass, trees, and shrubs. [From the troll oograh "everyyhing not-rock"]

"if it's wrong stabbing people in the face, I don't want to be right" Rincewin

Useless Orc in the SHC
Oograh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2002, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Notable

As Oorgrah arrived, Goren was happy that he joined before Haz woke up and addressed them. "Well, as far as I now the, uh, bolg, is still asleep, so I was just going to stay on the safe side and not wake him up if that was the case."

A few seconds past and Goren inquired, "So, are you as excited as I am about our first mission?!?" Thauk had to conciously keep his voice down as not to wake up their orc leader.

For all items and experience WITH LINKS, see my Character Info (Updated 4 June 2003).
Old September 14, 2002, 04:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Adventurer

Oograh was getting used to Thauk's weird fancy speech. It didn't bother him anymore. "Yes, it better to be safe. No good ta get da bolg angry. Ju smart lak me." He paused, uncomfortable in conversation with this other orc. But Thauk changed the subject to something that Oograh could talk about. "Ju sound excited, and mesa excited too. It fun to work wit' da SHC orcs and to get glory for dem." Even if Oograh didn't sound excited, he really was.

oograh (oog' ra): Any plant matter, such as grass, trees, and shrubs. [From the troll oograh "everyyhing not-rock"]

Useless Orc in the SHC
Old October 8, 2002, 09:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hero

Hazbones is an upstanding Citizen

Haz rolls from his cot and onto his feet. A loud cry resounds from the tent as he stretches his long arms upward trying to free his body from its' sleepy wearyness. He stumbles a bit but then regains his balance. Haz reaches down and picks up the ringmail tunic from the ground that he obviously or someone else had removed the night before from his body and left next to his cot. He puts it on and peeks out the tent flap to catch Goren and oograh standing outside.

He look puzzled for a moment as he fought to remember why these two orcs were standing outside his tent but their purpose quickly returned to his mind. "Ashdauntas Vrasubatlat urak". Haz said squinting his eyes to adjust to the morning light outside his tent. "Hu-na!" He added as he motioned with his hand for them to come inside the tent.

Haz turned and went back inside and sat on his cot awaiting the two orcs to enter. As they do, he begins to give them their orders. "Ju two gonna go on jur first raid alone. It da simple raid and da targets not too powerful lookin' so the scouts tell me. Me not sure wit all da magic comin back now. Even da weakest shara cud be magic user. Da scouts make dis map..." Haz reaches under his cot and pulls out a scroll and then hands it to Goren. "Dat map tell ju where jur target an' where dey headin'. Dey two female shara so shud not be too hard ta take. Jur mission ta raid des females. Take anyting of value an' der horses and bring dat loot back here. Ju no need ta kill dim an' it up ta ju if ju wanna take dim as slaves. If ju bring dim here, ju responsible. Me give ju each two urak hai (orc warriors) so all together, dis raid gonna use 6 orcs including ju. Da two orcs under each of ju follow jur every command as if ju Captain. Dey not help make any decision fer ju. Dis raid jur test. Da success of dis raid finalize jur standin' in da Clan an' it give ju stature ta take a position in da clan such as Captain or any other leadership roll. Take care jur warriors. Ju lose both orcs under jur personal command an' da raid will be a failure even if ju come back wit loot."

Haz gazed at them with a look of utmost seriousness. "If ju understand jur orders, git movin. Da orcs dat gonna go wit ju ready at center of camp awaitin' jur commands."

With that, Haz laid back on his cot and closed his eyes.

OOC: I will PM the specifics to you.
Old October 9, 2002, 08:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Adventurer

Oograh was overjoyed about the mission. Now he could prove himself in a better way to the orcs, his new comrades. And he would get to control 2 orcs! And he would get loot! The only problem was that he had to work with this fancy-speaking orc Thauk. He was probably a moron. It bothered Oograh that Haz gave the map to Thauk. Oograh definately had jealousy problems. However, they had to work together to be successful, and Oograh desperately wanted to be successful.

"Yes, sir, me do dis raid good, sir." Oograh barked out and turned to Thauk. "Less go, Thauk. Mesa have sum ideas for da raid. Me wanna see dat map." He began walking out of the tent as he said this.

Useless Orc in the SHC
Old October 9, 2002, 07:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Notable

Thauk nodded when Haz told them about their first raid and followed Oograh out of the tent. The raid would be fun, but the orc knew he must focus before anything.

OOC
I continued this in this thread, Oograh: here.